It's 10.3 I am playing on steam and have latest updates. Right now I had the best first half since I play FM. A total domination and goal glut. Who do you think it was the opponent ? (6)

I am also Italy manager and use the same tactic as I use at AC Milan. I had a match against Azerbaijan. At the end of this game, 2 of my players had the maximum grade possible: 9.9 I know that the opponent was weak, but still 9-0 is one **** of a score and 2x 9.9 is a really good performance.

This is the highest scoring in my manager career :) Never scored so many goals against a team from the same league, especially against an italian one. (6)

For some reasons my striker doesn't seems to be prolific enough. I had been scoring enough goals each game yes, but it's always my midfielders and my striker rarely gets on the scoresheet. Is there any particular requirement for the striker? I tried Carlos Vela as an Advanced Forward, Trequartista, Deep Lying Forward and Poacher but he doesn't seems to be scoring a lot.

Any advices?

My strikers (Pato and a regen) are used as Advanced Forward. They score about 15 goals each/season. Yes, as you were saying, the miedfielders score most of the goals. My strikers are offering cross balls to the miedfielers who come from behind most of the time. I score lots of goals from headers. Don't worry if your strikers don't score many goals, important is that the team scores and win :) Carlos Vela ... try Carlos Vela as a left winger, when I played Arsenal, I got the best out of him by playing on the left wing. If you need any other advice, pleace post here. Cheers mate.

the first time i used the tactic was against athletico madrid and i won 4 nil since then (7 games later ive only manged 0-0 draws or loses (im man united)

i make alot of chances but can't convert i would love to be able to use this tactic as i like to use wingers and there arn't many tactics around that have them coz the ai likes a narrow formation

the best team i can use with the tactic at the moment is:

gk van der sar
rb aurier
cb otamendi/vidic
cb ferdinand
lb evra
rw valencia
cm fletcher/carrick
lw giggs/nani
amc ozil
amc gourcuff
st rooney

any ideas ?

Are your players motivated ? Did you offered them high bonuses ? Do they get complacent ? The most important player on the field is the CM. He must have high work rate and high teamwork. He must defend well and he must be able to attack as well. Try Anderson there. I've used Marco Verratti for 6 seasons in that position and he is great. Try Veloso, he is a good miedfielder. Has attack and defense too.

9.9 is not the max grade for a player as Diego Forlan for my Man City team managed to get 10 when he scored 5 goals in a match.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

I am also Italy manager and use the same tactic as I use at AC Milan. I had a match against Azerbaijan. At the end of this game, 2 of my players had the maximum grade possible: 9.9 I know that the opponent was weak, but still 9-0 is one **** of a score and 2x 9.9 is a really good performance.

9.9 is not the max grade for a player as Diego Forlan for my Man City team managed to get 10 when he scored 6 goals in a match.

clearly its a very good tactic for his players, because its getting the best out of his side. time after time i see people complain about to get the best out the very players hes using, or who build a team of galacticos at city or madrid and fail. he has built a side and a tactic that maxmises the ability of his side. that is part of the point of football manager. its fairly irrelevant if it doesnt work for wolves or another side. do you ferguson plays thinking "i bet this will work for brian laws too"? no. because thier approaches to the game as VASTLY different. looking at the side, the tactic could do well for any top 4-6 side.

good work

a bit like Mourinho:D

When I started the match, I did it with a different tactic. I conceded 3 goals. Look what happened after I changed back to my tactic (-_-) (6)

A true demolition. 6 goals in Inter's net at half time ... bye bye Inter (6) This is the match that decided the Serie A title :) I won the title right in front of Inter and in front of their supporters. It's the sweetest victory ever. <)

Last edited:
looks like a fun tactic.. I am actually trying to build a tactic similar to yours and have been working on mine for a while now. I am using a dm instead of a cm though.. Nice work:)

What duties and roles have you set for your DM ? Deep-lying playmaker with support duty ? At first I was temped to play with DM, like you and not with CM, but I thaught that my AMC's needed some support. If you have very good central defenders and a CM that can defend a little, it works just fine that way. I'm glad that my tactic was a start for you and you're trying to improve it. Keep it up and let me know how it develops.

P.S Claudio Marchisio, Muntari, Obi Mikel and Miguel Veloso would suit perfectly as CM for this tactic . They all can support the attack and the defence.

Last edited: