Gonna use this with my Gibraltar save tonight, will post SS of how I get on!

Does it work better with inside forwards having inverted feet, like left foot for AMR and right foot for AML? or is it better with a right footed player on the right and left footed on the left? Going to give this a shot with Spurs

Can somone upload to another fileshare please. Can't use mediafire for some reason

Does it work better with inside forwards having inverted feet, like left foot for AMR and right foot for AML? or is it better with a right footed player on the right and left footed on the left? Going to give this a shot with Spurs

Seems to work better with right footer on the right wing even though they are inside forwards

Not been around last few days but read through your posts and glad most seem to be enjoying the tactic, not really played since being promoted but with the weather today and being tv day watching the horse racing will get a few hours gameplay in!

Not been around last few days but read through your posts and glad most seem to be enjoying the tactic, not really played since being promoted but with the weather today and being tv day watching the horse racing will get a few hours gameplay in!

I like this tactic, but can not decide if it works better with right footed inside forwards right, and left on left side. Do you use inverted? or right foot on AMR? cheers in advance mate

I like this tactic, but can not decide if it works better with right footed inside forwards right, and left on left side. Do you use inverted? or right foot on AMR? cheers in advance mate
I like to use right foot at amr an left foot at lmr as they seem to get a lot more goals

Mixed bag of results so far but the last few games the team played a lot better besides the last game against Forest, they played a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 formation and outclassed me.

View attachment 603082View attachment 603084

TBH I have just had an hour playing and struggling a little, but might be due to new season, higher div & quite a few new payers will have to see how it carries on!

TBH I have just had an hour playing and struggling a little, but might be due to new season, higher div & quite a few new payers will have to see how it carries on!

It seems the first few seasons are difficult and especially if you buy too many players. I am in my first season with a squad I inherited with 5 new signings plus 2 of my own. Then I have changed the backroom staff considerably so I'm not writing it off at all just yet.

Well i have gone from a team demolishing every team in site and playing like 70's brazil to a team who should be in the doncaster sunday league, how can it change so much over half a season!!!!

My CB's just decide to run around into midfield leaving opponents striker to have a free run at goal must happen 3 -4 times every game! god this years FM is so frustrating!

Well i have gone from a team demolishing every team in site and playing like 70's brazil to a team who should be in the doncaster sunday league, how can it change so much over half a season!!!!

My CB's just decide to run around into midfield leaving opponents striker to have a free run at goal must happen 3 -4 times every game! god this years FM is so frustrating!

You can see that SI have tried to incorporate human errors into the game but unfortunately it has turned the players into total arseholes who make mistakes left, right and centre. Hardly any fun playing anymore TBH.

Have you tried changing the roles in midfield - adv play att - bwm def - b2b supp - just a thought....

I've tried this for a couple of games now, the attacking is quite nice... but the defending is a-a-a-a-a-absolute *****. Conceding at least 3 goals per game, no matter if I'm home or away.

Used this tactic with Reading, absolutely amazing. Top of the championship with 109 points and also got to the FA cup final beating Chelsea and Manchester City along the way, scored the most goals in the league whilst conceded the least. This tactic is a good example of tika taka with fast paced movement and fairly strong at the back. The fullbacks like to fly forward and cause havoc in the final 3rd but can leave you venerable at the back at times. A few recommendations for this tactic is: 1. Get a poacher/fox in the box type striker. Adam Le Fondre for me scored 30 goals from crosses and genuinely being at the right place at the right time 2: Buy ALOT of centre midfielders, I can't tell you how important squad rotation is for this tactic. I bought Nick Powell on loan from Man U and he was excellent in the AP role. But if he got injured or another midfielder got injured the spot was filled with no problems. Generally for the 3 man midfield I used a BBM-AP-BWM. The three midfielders constantly created space for one another with more often than not my AP having a lot of space in the final third. I recommend getting in a top draw Midfielder who can play that AP role who can split defences open. Regarding the wingers in this tactic I don't think it's essential that you have a left footer on the right hand side and a right footer on the left, My winger/IF scored 13 goals and 12 assists from the right who was a right footed player and not even a natural winger. TL;DR this tactic is brilliant, watch out for fullbacks bombing forward, midfielder 3 is essential to your teams success, Put right footers on the right wing, left footers on left wing, Buy a striker with an instinct in the penalty box.

Last edited:
pro tip: Buy a Striker with good heading, my striker scores sh1tloads of headers!

One question about the inside forwards - should one be looking for players who can play in the AML/R positions or strikers ? as you can see in this screenshot in team tactics, Adam Reach is classed as natural, but on his info page he isn't classed as a natural striker. When I play him as an inside forward my assistant tells me he is playing out of postion - the exact opposite of what the team tactic page says.
View attachment 373389View attachment 373390

So what should it be ? A striker or an AML/R ?

Last edited:
Halfway through the season with Reading in the premiership I'm just below midtable 7 points away from the relegation zone. Due to the size of Reading in the prem imo that's not bad. Not getting enough possession in games and losing to teams like Norwich and Sunderland at home is ever so frustrating. Defence seems a bit more awol and some of the players I bought in such as Ryan Gauld and John Stones aren't performing, my fault, not the tactics. Oh and did I mention I'm in the capital one cup final beating the likes of Man City and Spurs along the way. This tactic is amazing in cup competitions, I have no idea why.