Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters
mancity have the highest % of players who come through there youth system and play in thier first team, even though they do produce alot of good players there is rarely a superstarer player for them.

West Ham, followed by Man Utd.

Can't believe Arsenal are leading the poll! They've produced a couple of good players (Cashley and Bentley?) but are miles behind West Ham and United IMO.

For facilities, Blackburn Rovers have some of the best. It is just a shame no decent players come from it. David Dunn and Damien Duff are probably the most notable to come out of the Blackburn Academy, and I am pretty pleased with that. :)

West Ham, followed by Man Utd.

Can't believe Arsenal are leading the poll! They've produced a couple of good players (Cashley and Bentley?) but are miles behind West Ham and United IMO.

Their roll of honour (from their own website) is:

Stuart Taylor, Jermaine Pennant, David Bentley, Steven Sidwell, Justin Hoyte and Jeremie Aliadiere.

It seems like people are forgetting that in the main Arsenal do not bring through their own youth players. They go abroad and buy the products of the systems of other clubs. They're trying to implement a system similar to that of Barcelona and Ajax, and given how long Wenger has been there, it's amazing that they've yet to produce a top-class talent since Ashley Cole.

Wes Ham 25.61
Arsenal 33.60%
Manchester United 20.60%
Do people visiting and voting understand what's a youth accademy?
How the **** Arsenal is 1st?
In the last 10 years only David bentley, gibbs and wilkshire are more notable players who came through the ranks!!!!!!!!!!1

Manutd : Fletcher, jonny evans, gibson, eagles, frazier campbell, ebank blake(wolves), shawcross
( if we go further Manu should be 1st)

Wes Ham : Stanislas, kieran richardson, ferdinand, zavon hines, jack collison, mark noble...

A youth Accademy is like the football school of the club. Many players a bought very young but can't be classified as players who came from the rank

Last edited:
Has to be West Ham. Can't see how Arsenal are leading since the majority of their youth players are bought

I don't think boro have the best but their definately up, they have brought alot of talent through like

Stewart Downing
Adam Johnson
David Wheater
Lee Cattermole
Chris Brunt
Andrew Taylor
Stuart Parnaby
James Morrison
Brad Jones
Rhys Williams
Jonathan Franks
Tony McMahon

I really think Leeds have a very good acadamy however getting relegated forced us to sell all of our good players, but we produced:
Paul Robinson
James Milner
Aaron Lennon
Scott Carson
Alan Smith
Fabian Delph
Matthew Kilgallon
Jonny Howson
Aidan White

If Arsenal can claim that they trained Cesc Fabregas then I think Man Utd can claim that they trained Giuseppe Rossi and Gerard Pique as well.

I don't think boro have the best but their definately up, they have brought alot of talent through like

Stewart Downing
Adam Johnson
David Wheater
Lee Cattermole
Chris Brunt
Andrew Taylor
Stuart Parnaby
James Morrison
Brad Jones
Rhys Williams
Jonathan Franks
Tony McMahon

I know the lack of investment resulted in you lot going down, but there was something very refreshing about seeing you playing so many local lads in the team altogether.

Not including Ashley Cole and David Bentley what 'great' players have come though your academy and are still playing for other clubs?

they might not be so called 'great' but are all playing/played in the prem. seb larsson for bham, fab muamba for bolton, jamie o'hara for pompy (spurs), jay bothroyd for cardiff, jack wilshere for arsenal, k.gibbs for arsenal... need i say more?

I think West Ham are great at producing and nurturing young talent - Arsenal can only nurture it - they cannot produce young English talent, instead they scout the world and steal talent from Spanish speaking countries normally.

Overall, it has to be West Ham. Where would English football be today without the likes of Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe, Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole (who has since failed to shine at Chelsea with a lack of oppoprtunities), Glen Johnson (Now England's first-choice right back) - I could go on for ever.....
If you can name as many top class footballers who have graduated from your club's academy then your club's academy is obviuosly the best. But the point is, there is no such club.

Final note: If anyone tries to tell me that Nicholas Bentdner is a succesful graduate of the Arsenal academy I will go crazy! Nicholas Bendtner is the biggest plank in the Premier League, an utter failure.

i really do think leeds acadamy is as good as or even better than west hams acadamy, and we paid for most of it with the 30m for ferdinand

Surely Villas has a shout;

Steve Davies (Rangers)
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Gary Cahill
Gareth Barry (to a certain extent)
Nathan Delfouneso

And more, all still very young.

leeds have produced:
Paul Robinson
James Milner
Jon Woodgate
Aaron Lennon