Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters
how can you list Liverpool? they produced Ste G, Carra, Owen yonks ago. who in the last 5 years?

the 'beasts' that are jay spearing, nabil el zhar and stephen darby.

although mellor is looking a dedcnt player at preston now, and he did score that amazing goal against arsenal

the 'beasts' that are jay spearing, nabil el zhar and stephen darby.

although mellor is looking a dedcnt player at preston now, and he did score that amazing goal against arsenal

lol

surely whoever set this up should look to the Blue side of the Mersey... Gosling, Vaughan, Rodwell, Baxter all look to have big futures, Owen and Carragher actually started there if I'm not mistaken, then there's a certain Mr Rooney...

oh, and Tony Hibbert oO)

Last edited:
liverpools academy is excellent, everton should have more of a shout, rooney is one of the best players in the world and will become a legend, and JDM, kelvin and dickson and nedum also all were born in nigeria then so far emigrated to great britain, they are through the man city youth, that is my point

liverpools academy is excellent, everton should have more of a shout, rooney is one of the best players in the world and will become a legend, and JDM, kelvin and dickson and nedum also all were born in nigeria then so far emigrated to great britain, they are through the man city youth, that is my point

i know that was your point, but you did say all our players are english, and then listed some irish, liberian and nigerian ones lol.

nicky weaver was funny though

Sorry Guys but for me it has to be Crewe Alex...

Yes im a Crewe Fan, but look at what the great man Dario has Produced over the years, Seth Johnson, Dean Ashton, Danny Murphy.. and they are still coming off the production line now, Luke Murphy, Alex Titchener, Ashley westwood to name a few...

The set-up at the Club is superb i use to be a scout for the club and spent time at the training complex they have and for a club of our size and stature its the best in teh bussiness. The Problem in my opp now is that the Bigger clubs were slow to get into Accademys but when they do they just go Out and bring in players from abroad to there accademys which in turn means that the young english lads coming threw find it harder to get there chance.

This is all just my Opp dont attack me...

i agree with you mate. it is more amazing because Crewe did not have the money like big clubs. So, if they can produce exceptional players, it is must be something special about their academy

I voted West ham it hurts me to say that tho, players like lampard, ferdinand, joe cole spring to mind and more keep coming with the likes of jack collison, mark noble, stanislas, sears, nouble so i admire how the academy is currently run and etc.

Arsenal are up their with the best sure we stole a couple of players, but a prime example is fabregas who wasnt 'risen' when he first signed and still takes top notch coaches and facilities for that player to reach that potential but thats just my personal opininon imo i dont think Fabregas would of reached his current ability now if he was to stay at barcelona no doupt about it. Man utd, crewe are up there with the best aswell.

should of put more options on poll tho should of got some championship teams involved eg palace, crewe, middlesborough etc etc.

West Ham easy...

Defoe
J. Cole
Carrick
Rio Ferdinand
Anton Ferdinand
Tomkins
Collison
Hines
Stanislas
John Terry
Lampard
Lampard snr
Brooking
Hurst
Ince
Noble
G. Johnson
Bobby Moore
Martin Peters
Sears
Harry Rednapp
Alvin Martin
Tony Cottee

School Boys or never played for west ham snr team

Terry
sol Campbell
Kieran Richardson
jimmy Bullard
J loyd samual
fitz hall

West Ham easy...

Defoe
J. Cole
Carrick
Rio Ferdinand
Anton Ferdinand
Tomkins
Collison
Hines
Stanislas
John Terry
Lampard
Lampard snr
Brooking
Hurst
Ince
Noble
G. Johnson
Bobby Moore
Martin Peters
Sears
Harry Rednapp
Alvin Martin
Tony Cottee

School Boys or never played for west ham snr team

Terry
sol Campbell
Kieran Richardson
jimmy Bullard
J loyd samual
fitz hall

You miss out Alan Curbishley and John Lyall. Thats around 670 full international caps. It has to be West Ham hands down.

Last edited:
i know but arsenal buy all theirs its cheating thats the point im making

Cheating? So Arsenal buying a player and developing them into good/world class player is cheating? I think not.

I would say, Arsenal & West Ham are the top 2

West Ham and Leeds have some real good academies that continue to pump out real nice players.

Got to go for West Ham. Man Utd produce good players but alot of the time they get sold to smaller clubs, not sure about Liverpool and Chelsea and Arsenal seem to just buy most of their youth players young rather than finding them.

West hame for me.. that's where the Ferdinand brothers, Jole Cole, Frank Lampard, Lee Bowyer (who was good when he was at Newcastle) N many others.. aint it?

West hame for me.. that's where the Ferdinand brothers, Jole Cole, Frank Lampard, Lee Bowyer (who was good when he was at Newcastle) N many others.. aint it?

carrick, glen johnson, mark noble, freddy sears and many more

thanks deano was waiting for someone to say that defo deserve a mention
rooney rodwell osman vaughan baxter anichebe (goslings pants)

givin my vote to west ham here, even tho i am a man utd fan

so many long standing england internataionals have come from their ranks alone, as are already mentioned in this thread

utd have brought through some world class players, and some exceeding good ones too that would walk into some teams 11/squad, but i like to look at academys as that they develop for what nation theyre based in, so as i said - west ham ftw

gotta say, its shockin chelsea have 10 votes and liverpool have 9....... chelsea have only brought through terry and liverpool only have gerrard. carragher and owen came from EVERTON!!!

Last edited:
oh yes.. forgot to mention carrick, defoe and gang

N Everton who gave Rooney to United. The lil potato-head assasin rocks big time.

i don't think Chelsea and Liverpool qualify for this poll. Though Pool would have gotten Rooney if they hadnt rejected him when he wanted to join their academy. They said he was fat..

Back