Votes: 14 2.8%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters
Crewe Alexandra. They don't have money facilities etc. but still turn out great players. Wasn't Dean Ashton and Danny Murphy part of the youth set-up?

i gotta go west ham. To me arsenal buys people from other clubs( and that just states the qualities of their scouts) however they do train them so... Off topic how about in other countries ? i think Ajax and Sporting

Crewe for some reason have had some good players come through,but yeah West Ham alays have. Tomkins,collison,Noble to name a few recent ones.

West Ham have a great yourh set-up and Crewe for a lower league team produce some great talent. Surprised hardly anyone has said Liverpool with Jamie Carragher, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Steve Mcmanaman, Stephen Warnock, Neil Mellor, Danny Guthrie, Jason Koumas Steven Gerrard all starting at Liverpool and a couple currently have bright prospects, notably Martin Kelly, Stephen Darby and Adam Pepper, Jay Spearing isn't good enough :@ We are also producing some great youngsters poached from other sides, mainly foreigners but that has nothing to do with the youth academy so I will leave them out. We don't have the best academy though, I think West Ham do.

Agree with West Ham, also Everton have produced some quality, other leagues tho(off topic) Barcelona - is has to be - they rarley spend major money compared to Real Madrid.

Man City have by far the best youth academy these players were brought through
shaun wright-philips
dikson etuhu
kelvin etuhu
tyrone mears
joey barton
stephen jordan
glen whelan
brad wright-philips
nedum onouha
stepher ireland
micah richards
micheal jhonson
kasper schemichel
vladimir wiess
dedryck boyata
abdi ibrahim
and thats to name but a few

i wouldnt say there were the best but are definteley worth a mention i say middlesbrough have a very good academy and im not just saying this because i am a fan of the club but we have brought through some terrific young players over the years. we havent brought the likes of defoe and lampard etc. but good young players like stewart downing, adam johnson, lee cattermole, ross turnbull and rhys williams

i wouldnt say there were the best but are definteley worth a mention i say middlesbrough have a very good academy and im not just saying this because i am a fan of the club but we have brought through some terrific young players over the years. we havent brought the likes of defoe and lampard etc. but good young players like stewart downing, adam johnson, lee cattermole, ross turnbull and rhys williams
That's true;)
Liverpool have a **** one because they sold Butchmann to fulham for peanuts,shows what we do with ours.

Southampton have got to be up there:
Gareth Bale
Theo Walcott
Matt Le Tiss
Alan Shearer
Adam Lallana
Wayne Bridge

Sporting CP is the club with the best academy in Europe..
jus look at who we have produced.. 2 world players of the year: Luis Figo and Ronaldo..
+ Simao, Quaresma, Nani, Moutinho, Veloso, and plenty more.
Sporting!

Well you do support Sporting,so... No bias',no.... :p
I think Barca have had betterplayers than sporting.

Sporting CP is the club with the best academy in Europe..
jus look at who we have produced.. 2 world players of the year: Luis Figo and Ronaldo..
+ Simao, Quaresma, Nani, Moutinho, Veloso, and plenty more.
Sporting!

If you think they have a good acamdemy what about Barcelona?

Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Valdes, Fabreagas, Pique, Bojan, Busquets, Pedro, Puyol.

thanks deano was waiting for someone to say that defo deserve a mention
rooney rodwell osman vaughan baxter anichebe (goslings pants)

Good job Gosling didn't come through our academy then isn't it? Oh and he's not pants.

The amount of people in this thread that think that because they are young and play for the team then they must have come through the academy. Think Boro should get a mention though, they've got a very good academy.

For home grown talent? West Ham have been doing it for years. Head and shoulders above everyone else for producing British talent since Manchester United and Liverpool brought through a handful of internationals each at the same time. In the lower leagues, Crewe's youth system is to be admired - Dario Gradi did wonders with it.

Best in the world is Barcelona - used to be Ajax - both are based on the principles set out by Michels, and Barcelona continue to produce the most sublime players based upon those principles. Arsenal are trying to copy it, and Liverpool have just started implementing it, but Arsenal are still a distance behind and we've barely even started to try to catch up :(

Last edited:
Back