Big chance for Chelsea - Ferguson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 6K
I'm confident because last season are home form wasn't as good as it was this season, And last season we depended so much on Rooney now we have Rooney, Hernandez and the leagues top goal scorer Berbatov, also Nani has being brilliant this season and Valencia to since returning from injury. I'm confident because we have beat Chelsea twice this year already. I'm confident because Chelsea aren't as good as they were last season even though their in great form at the moment, yesterday was a slip up no doubt about it, but Fergie isn't going to let it happen two games in a row at such a crucial part of the season.

Chelsea's away form is pretty good this season also. I think Chelsea wearnt as good as last season but in recent months the team has got their confidence and fitness back without a dout.

and Chelsea will know what happened in the champions league this season.

Yer they will but because that is still fresh in their minds it might spur them on. Also if Drogba had started insted of Torres that day then i believe the scoreline would have been closer.

If Refs get everything correct then Essien won play 1/3rd of the games. ;)

Again would like to see which all teams you played to get those 26 points. Not writting them off, but in my office those sites wont open so..

True about the Essien thing lol, i dont think we should start him next week. Since the Liverpool defeat.
0-0 Fulham away
2-1 Man Utd home
3-1 Blackpool away
2-0 Man City home
1-1 Stoke away
1-0 Wigan home
3-1 WBA away
3-1 Birmingham home
3-0 West Ham home
2-1 Spurs home

Again would like to see which all teams you played to get those 26 points. Not writting them off, but in my office those sites wont open so..

Fulham 0 - 0 Chelsea
Chelsea 2 - 1 United
Blackpool 1 - 3 Chelsea
Chelsea 2 - 0 City
Stoke 1 - 1 Chelsea
Chelsea 1 - 0 Wigan
West Brom 1 - 3 Chelsea
Chelsea 3 - 1 Brum
Chelsea 3 - 0 West Ham
Chelsea 2 - 1 Spurs

Bah, got beaten to this. Shouldn't have bothered with cjacko around!

I see Chelsea winning the league now, 25 points from 27 running into the game against United, who won't exactly be full of confidence considering they lost to Arsenal. They also have a game during the week, Chelsea don't so I see Chelsea's players being fitter overall.

If Chelsea win, they'll go top on goal difference, after that I see Chelsea & United winning there last games and see Chelsea winning the league due to there goal difference.

I'll be supporting Chelsea more than Liverpool for the rest of the season, if Chelsea can stop United from winning a 19th league title I'll the the happiest guy ever!

I see Chelsea winning the league now, 25 points from 27 running into the game against United, who won't exactly be full of confidence considering they lost to Arsenal. They also have a game during the week, Chelsea don't so I see Chelsea's players being fitter overall.

If Chelsea win, they'll go top on goal difference, after that I see Chelsea & United winning there last games and see Chelsea winning the league due to there goal difference.

I'll be supporting Chelsea more than Liverpool for the rest of the season, if Chelsea can stop United from winning a 19th league title I'll the the happiest guy ever!

you should be ashamed of yourself.

Why? Nothing drastically important will happen to us over the rest of the season, we'll either finish 5th or 6th.

As a Liverpool fan the last thing I want is United winning there 19th league title and overtaking us, the only team that can stop that is Chelsea, so I'll be supporting them to do so.

Not really, Liverpools new era starts next season and they still want to be able to say they are the most decorrated team in English history to date in terms of league titles. I can see where he is coming from.

I can't, no matter what happens I support Manchester United, would never support another team over my own.

Not really, Liverpools new era starts next season and they still want to be able to say they are the most decorrated team in English history to date in terms of league titles. I can see where he is coming from.

Exactly.

Chelsea winning the league > United winning the league

I can't, no matter what happens I support Manchester United, would never support another team over my own.

Oh dear..

You really don't understand where I'm coming from do you?

he doesn't mean it literally, he doesn't want man u to win a 19th PL title and overtake liverpool. since chelsea are the only team that can stop this, he will be supporting them MORE then liverpool since liverpool only have 5th place to fight for.

I dont think he is going to sit there next week with a Chelsea scarf singing Chelsea chants lol. He just wants Chelsea to win the league and and will be focusing on them more because Liverpool have less to play for.

I'm disappointed Danny. What Chelsea/United do shouldn't be important to us, regardless of getting to 19 or not, I couldn't care less who wins the league, I'd prefer it to be Chelsea but I'm not fussed at all.

If United get 19 then so be it, let's beat them to 20. But at the end of the day, the results of my own team are far more important to those of another.

Last edited:
I'm confident because last season are home form wasn't as good as it was this season, And last season we depended so much on Rooney now we have Rooney, Hernandez and the leagues top goal scorer Berbatov, also Nani has being brilliant this season and Valencia to since returning from injury. I'm confident because we have beat Chelsea twice this year already. I'm confident because Chelsea aren't as good as they were last season even though their in great form at the moment, yesterday was a slip up no doubt about it, but Fergie isn't going to let it happen two games in a row at such a crucial part of the season.
And Community Shield ;)

Just talk about it sunday after the match when Chelsea are top.,....

nah seriously, its united league. As a chelsea fan I acknowledge this. We're barely in the title race, and it'll end sunday!

La Liga was a two-horse race this season, the Prem was a one-horse race this season. Not sure what your argument is.

One horse race? the EPL has been a three horse race for the majority of the season.

One horse race? the EPL has been a three horse race for the majority of the season.

No, it was a one horse race. ManU was the only team that ever had a realistic shot at the title. Chelsea started off strong but as most people thought (including myself) they were just too old to win it this season. That was obvious from November onwards. Even 70 million spent in January couldn't swing it in their favor. As far as Arsenal goes, had they won the CC things would have been very different, but instead they had that week from **** and it destroyed their confidence, ending their title challenge. Sure they weren't mathematically out of it until close to the end, but there was no way in **** they were going to win it. So for the first couple of months of the season, two teams had a small chance at challenging ManU for the title, by November it was one, and by February it was none. So it was a one-horse race.

No, it was a one horse race. ManU was the only team that ever had a realistic shot at the title. Chelsea started off strong but as most people thought (including myself) they were just too old to win it this season. That was obvious from November onwards. Even 70 million spent in January couldn't swing it in their favor. As far as Arsenal goes, had they won the CC things would have been very different, but instead they had that week from **** and it destroyed their confidence, ending their title challenge. Sure they weren't mathematically out of it until close to the end, but there was no way in **** they were going to win it. So for the first couple of months of the season, two teams had a small chance at challenging ManU for the title, by November it was one, and by February it was none. So it was a one-horse race.

You do realise if Chelsea win on the weekend they go top?

If Chelsea wins, I think that the deciding factor might not be the points but the goal difference. (Of course if they both win all of the other remaining matches)

We'll see, Chelsea or United, the battle starts right now.

Maybe United win and Chelsea's dream goes down the drain.

Maybe Chelsea win here but fail at other matches. Nothing is certain at this moment.

You do realise if Chelsea win on the weekend they go top?

A strange combination of events conspired to all of the sudden give Chelsea a chance with only three games left. But they won't do it. The match will end in a draw this weekend, or maybe a ManU victory, and it will be over. Even if Chelsea did win, ManCity needs points to qualify for the Champions League, and they will probably hold Chelsea. But the point is ManU is winning the title. We knew this for certain back in February, and a little blip at the end of the season IMO doesn't change the fact that it's been a one-horse race since then.

Back