Big chance for Chelsea - Ferguson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 6K
If anything the La Liga season was a one-horse race, whilst the Premier League contained 3 teams. It was inevitable that Barca would win the league after the destroyed Madrid 5-0. Not only did they look unstoppable at that point, but they had the record for most consecutive wins. Especially with the head to head system in Spain, it would've been hard for them to overtake Barca.

The Premier League started off with Chelsea dominant, beating teams 6-0 left, right, and centre. United and Arsenal were still close, **** even City were up there and had their time at the top when Chelsea's form dropped, and United continued their unbeaten run. You seem to have given Arsenal no chance of winning the Premier League after their Carling Cup defeat. When infact they could've gone top granted they won their games in hand over United. The gap was always close, throughout the whole season. Only recently when Arsenal's form dipped did United open up a big gap, but now Chelsea are only three points behind and could go top. It's been highly competitive this season, so I don't know how you've got it down as being a one-horse race.

La Liga was a two-horse race this season, the Prem was a one-horse race this season. Not sure what your argument is.

Difference between 1st and 2nd in La Liga is 8 points, and in Premier league difference between 1st and 3rd is 6 points. If Premier league is one horse race, what is La Liga then?

If anything the La Liga season was a one-horse race, whilst the Premier League contained 3 teams. It was inevitable that Barca would win the league after the destroyed Madrid 5-0. Not only did they look unstoppable at that point, but they had the record for most consecutive wins. Especially with the head to head system in Spain, it would've been hard for them to overtake Barca.

The Premier League started off with Chelsea dominant, beating teams 6-0 left, right, and centre. United and Arsenal were still close, **** even City were up there and had their time at the top when Chelsea's form dropped, and United continued their unbeaten run. You seem to have given Arsenal no chance of winning the Premier League after their Carling Cup defeat. When infact they could've gone top granted they won their games in hand over United. The gap was always close, throughout the whole season. Only recently when Arsenal's form dipped did United open up a big gap, but now Chelsea are only three points behind and could go top. It's been highly competitive this season, so I don't know how you've got it down as being a one-horse race.

The Prem started off with Chelsea being dominant, but they were out of the title race by November. Arsenal fell out of the title race in February. Sure they weren't mathematically out of it until they lost to Bolton, but come on, we all knew the title race was over after the CC loss. They have been terrible since then and no sane person thought that they would win the league at that point. Chelsea didn't even come back into the race until this weekend, when Arsenal got a shock victory and the refs gave Chelsea the win. But it's still over, ManU definitely has the title. I can't see how you can call this competitive. There were three teams in the title race until Novemeber (big deal, often times the title race hasn't been decided in the first two months of the season), and by February it was down to one team. It became a two-horse race for just this one week in May, but that will be over by this weekend when ManU gets a result. La Liga was a two-horse race for almost the entire season. It wasn't until Barca got a draw at the Bernabeu until the title race was over.

Difference between 1st and 2nd in La Liga is 8 points, and in Premier league difference between 1st and 3rd is 6 points. If Premier league is one horse race, what is La Liga then?

Barca wrapped up La Liga the weekend before last. ManU wrapped up the Premier League back in February, only to let Chelsea into the race for one week in May before they officially wrapped it up the next weekend. The gap between 1st and 3rd is small because ManU has been inconsistent in the league this season, but that's because they've known they won the league for a long time and they've been focusing on other competitions.

Barca wrapped up La Liga the weekend before last. ManU wrapped up the Premier League back in February, only to let Chelsea into the race for one week in May before they officially wrapped it up the next weekend. The gap between 1st and 3rd is small because ManU has been inconsistent in the league this season, but that's because they've known they won the league for a long time and they've been focusing on other competitions.

Thats so stupid. It is an insult to Arsenal and Chelsea supporters. If we have already wrapped up the league then how come Chelsea are just 3 points off the pace? Dude you have jinxed us so much, if we dont win the league, i will make sure that you will get one helluva pounding :p

Oh and leading with 3 points means wrapping up the league, what does leading with 8 points mean? Getting ready for preseason after giving trophy for polishing?

The Prem started off with Chelsea being dominant, but they were out of the title race by November. Arsenal fell out of the title race in February. Sure they weren't mathematically out of it until they lost to Bolton, but come on, we all knew the title race was over after the CC loss. They have been terrible since then and no sane person thought that they would win the league at that point. Chelsea didn't even come back into the race until this weekend, when Arsenal got a shock victory and the refs gave Chelsea the win. But it's still over, ManU definitely has the title. I can't see how you can call this competitive. There were three teams in the title race until Novemeber (big deal, often times the title race hasn't been decided in the first two months of the season), and by February it was down to one team. It became a two-horse race for just this one week in May, but that will be over by this weekend when ManU gets a result. La Liga was a two-horse race for almost the entire season. It wasn't until Barca got a draw at the Bernabeu until the title race was over.

I truly lol'd at this, do you not know how the point system works? Man United do seem likely to get a result, but you're suggesting it's the only possible outcome, hilarious considering the opponents are Chelsea. The title race was over in February? Incredibly funny xD

Chelsea win, they go top, United will lose the title. It's all down to Chelsea Vs United.

Funny thing is We and Arsenal were separated by 3 points for the most part then it became 6. For this you are saying League was wrapped long before. But in La Liga there was 5 point gap ever since Barca beat Madrid but you call that as 2 horse race. Hypocrisy? No. Ignorant? Yes..

How was the title over in February?? We are 3 points behind you mate? Remember when you came to the Bridge and was 1-0 up at Half time through that Rooney strike? Well at that current point at 1-0 to Utd you were 15points ahead of Chelsea. Like i say write us off all you like but we have clawed that many points already so why couldnt we keep it going. If im honest i am more nervous about going to Everton on the last day and i know most Chelsea fans will feel the same way. There is having confidence in your team like i do because i believe Chelsea can win and then there is you with just plain arrogance and immaturaty. My god i hope Chelsea win now.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

And our chances of winning on Sunday have just been squashed. Suprise suprise who the ref is ay of corse its Utds number one fan Howard Webb.

Thats so stupid. It is an insult to Arsenal and Chelsea supporters. If we have already wrapped up the league then how come Chelsea are just 3 points off the pace? Dude you have jinxed us so much, if we dont win the league, i will make sure that you will get one helluva pounding :p

Oh and leading with 3 points means wrapping up the league, what does leading with 8 points mean? Getting ready for preseason after giving trophy for polishing?

Lol if you don't win the league than clearly some sort of magic does exist. But as far as it being an insult to Arsenal and Chelsea supporters, come on, everyone thought Chelsea was out of the title in November/December. Even SAF said so. This is the first week since last October or November that people have considered Chelsea a serious title contender. Most Chelsea fans conceded the title months ago.

As far as Arsenal goes, come on, how many people realistically thought that Arsenal could win the title? At the beginning of the season? And after the CC loss? If Arsenal had won the CC, they certainly would have done better in the league. They might have even taken the title, though I think ManU's performances would have matched theirs. But they didn't. They lost in the CC, and after that week of losses they were completely demoralized and had no shot at the title. Even the Arsenal supporters thought they didn't have much of a chance in the past few months. Even though ManU struggled in the league, Arsenal has been terrible since and couldn't take advantage of a single ManU slip up. I don't think you can claim that they've been title contenders. Just because they kept it close doesn't mean they had a shot at it.

I already said that Barca wrapped up the title. But had RM won that game, it would have been down to five points. The next weekend, RM would have taken the Zaragoza game much more seriously, and the gap would have been down to 2 points.

I truly lol'd at this, do you not know how the point system works? Man United do seem likely to get a result, but you're suggesting it's the only possible outcome, hilarious considering the opponents are Chelsea. The title race was over in February? Incredibly funny xD

As I said before, the title race actually did become a two-horse race this week for the first time in months. But that'll be over this weekend for sure. Even if Chelsea somehow managed a victory (won't happen, no way ManU would throw away the title at OT), it would be down to goal differential, and ManU would probably beat up on Blackburn and Blackpool to win the title. And yes, the title race was over in February, after Arsenal was eliminated from 3 competitions in one week, though it did open up for one week in May (and should be over by the weekend). Since February and before this week who threatened to take the title from ManU? Even SAF said Chelsea was out months ago. And Arsenal? You don't seriously think they ever had a chance do you?

Chelsea win, they go top, United will lose the title. It's all down to Chelsea Vs United.

True, the title race is open this week. But only for a week. No way ManU loses at OT like this, and a result there ends it. Even if they do, they will beat up on Blackburn and Blackpool to win the title on goal differential.

Funny thing is We and Arsenal were separated by 3 points for the most part then it became 6. For this you are saying League was wrapped long before. But in La Liga there was 5 point gap ever since Barca beat Madrid but you call that as 2 horse race. Hypocrisy? No. Ignorant? Yes..

Are you actually comparing Arsenal to Real Madrid? RM is the most talented team in the world and if you slip up at all they'll take the title. Arsenal is always missing key players and after they were eliminated from 3 competitions in a week they couldn't recover. They didn't have the leadership or the experience to do so. ManU gave them so many chances to get back in it and they messed up every one. Arsenal has been **** for months now and rarely wins anymore. So yeah, ManU did wrap it up after that fateful week for Arsenal, only to unexpectedly let Chelsea back into it for a week in May. But I'm sure they'll seal it this weekend. I'm predicting a draw.

Lol if you don't win the league than clearly some sort of magic does exist. But as far as it being an insult to Arsenal and Chelsea supporters, come on, everyone thought Chelsea was out of the title in November/December. Even SAF said so. This is the first week since last October or November that people have considered Chelsea a serious title contender. Most Chelsea fans conceded the title months ago.

As far as Arsenal goes, come on, how many people realistically thought that Arsenal could win the title? At the beginning of the season? And after the CC loss? If Arsenal had won the CC, they certainly would have done better in the league. They might have even taken the title, though I think ManU's performances would have matched theirs. But they didn't. They lost in the CC, and after that week of losses they were completely demoralized and had no shot at the title. Even the Arsenal supporters thought they didn't have much of a chance in the past few months. Even though ManU struggled in the league, Arsenal has been terrible since and couldn't take advantage of a single ManU slip up. I don't think you can claim that they've been title contenders. Just because they kept it close doesn't mean they had a shot at it.

I already said that Barca wrapped up the title. But had RM won that game, it would have been down to five points. The next weekend, RM would have taken the Zaragoza game much more seriously, and the gap would have been down to 2 points.

As I said before, the title race actually did become a two-horse race this week for the first time in months. But that'll be over this weekend for sure. Even if Chelsea somehow managed a victory (won't happen, no way ManU would throw away the title at OT), it would be down to goal differential, and ManU would probably beat up on Blackburn and Blackpool to win the title. And yes, the title race was over in February, after Arsenal was eliminated from 3 competitions in one week, though it did open up for one week in May (and should be over by the weekend). Since February and before this week who threatened to take the title from ManU? Even SAF said Chelsea was out months ago. And Arsenal? You don't seriously think they ever had a chance do you?

True, the title race is open this week. But only for a week. No way ManU loses at OT like this, and a result there ends it. Even if they do, they will beat up on Blackburn and Blackpool to win the title on goal differential.

Are you actually comparing Arsenal to Real Madrid? RM is the most talented team in the world and if you slip up at all they'll take the title. Arsenal is always missing key players and after they were eliminated from 3 competitions in a week they couldn't recover. They didn't have the leadership or the experience to do so. ManU gave them so many chances to get back in it and they messed up every one. Arsenal has been **** for months now and rarely wins anymore. So yeah, ManU did wrap it up after that fateful week for Arsenal, only to unexpectedly let Chelsea back into it for a week in May. But I'm sure they'll seal it this weekend. I'm predicting a draw.

You keep forgetting that you lost at OT last season in a situation just like this. If you beat us in that game then you would have won the league.

How was the title over in February?? We are 3 points behind you mate? Remember when you came to the Bridge and was 1-0 up at Half time through that Rooney strike? Well at that current point at 1-0 to Utd you were 15points ahead of Chelsea. Like i say write us off all you like but we have clawed that many points already so why couldnt we keep it going. If im honest i am more nervous about going to Everton on the last day and i know most Chelsea fans will feel the same way. There is having confidence in your team like i do because i believe Chelsea can win and then there is you with just plain arrogance and immaturaty. My god i hope Chelsea win now.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

And our chances of winning on Sunday have just been squashed. Suprise suprise who the ref is ay of corse its Utds number one fan Howard Webb.

Look against all odds you opened up the title race for this one week. But that'll be done by the weekend. No way ManU loses at OT, especially not with Webb reffing. And even if they do, look at the last two games. ManU will demolish Blackburn and Blackpool and beat you on goal differential. And I do think you'll drop points to Everton anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

You keep forgetting that you lost at OT last season in a situation just like this. If you beat us in that game then you would have won the league.

But last season was different, and anyway this ManU team is much better. Berbatov has finally produced, Rooney is back in form (wasn't at the end of last season), Nani has emerged as a great player, and of course, Chicharito. I bet you he will be the reason that Chelsea doesn't win next weekend (and perhaps Howard Webb:P). And of course if Chelsea goes out and plays really well, VDS will have an absolutely epic game, trust me on that one.

Look against all odds you opened up the title race for this one week. But that'll be done by the weekend. No way ManU loses at OT, especially not with Webb reffing. And even if they do, look at the last two games. ManU will demolish Blackburn and Blackpool and beat you on goal differential. And I do think you'll drop points to Everton anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

But last season was different, and anyway this ManU team is much better. Berbatov has finally produced, Rooney is back in form (wasn't at the end of last season), Nani has emerged as a great player, and of course, Chicharito. I bet you he will be the reason that Chelsea doesn't win next weekend (and perhaps Howard Webb:P). And of course if Chelsea goes out and plays really well, VDS will have an absolutely epic game, trust me on that one.

1. How has it been against all odds?? This is Chelsea we are talking about not a mid table side that struck lucky. Chelsea are more than capable of going on a 10+ game unbeaten run and have done just that

2. Seriously mate, you havent lost at OT in 19 games and who was the last team to beat you there?? I never thought Chelsea was beatable at home but that only lasted 5 years. Utd can be beaten at OT without a dout.

3. Very dis-respectful to them two teams and it wont be as easy as you think. Both sides will need points to survive the drop so will be fighting for their lives.

4. Surely if this years Utd team was much better than you would have won the title already??

5. VDS will proberly have a great game but what if Petr Cech does too? VDS is beatable no matter how great he is.

if Utd loose this league they will be the true bottlers not us :)

if Utd loose this league they will be the true bottlers not us :)

Probably should think that one over a bit more...

Anyway, hopefully Webb makes a mistake that hands Man Utd the win and effectively the title :)

1. How has it been against all odds?? This is Chelsea we are talking about not a mid table side that struck lucky. Chelsea are more than capable of going on a 10+ game unbeaten run and have done just that

2. Seriously mate, you havent lost at OT in 19 games and who was the last team to beat you there?? I never thought Chelsea was beatable at home but that only lasted 5 years. Utd can be beaten at OT without a dout.

3. Very dis-respectful to them two teams and it wont be as easy as you think. Both sides will need points to survive the drop so will be fighting for their lives.

4. Surely if this years Utd team was much better than you would have won the title already??

5. VDS will proberly have a great game but what if Petr Cech does too? VDS is beatable no matter how great he is.

1. Because no one thought they could do it, they were down by like 15 points, even SAF said Chelsea was out of the race a few months ago.

2. It is humanly possible for ManU to lose at OT but it won't happen.

3. I'd rather face Blackpool at home than Everton away.

4. This year's ManU team has been more distracted by other competitions. They took their foot off the pedal in the league a bit because they knew they had it wrapped up, that is all.

5. But VDS is retiring and only has a couple of games left, he will be more up for this game than anyone. And he is much better than Cech anyway.

Suprise suprise Webb is the ref :/ any point watching the game now?

Back