Big chance for Chelsea - Ferguson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 6K
1. Because no one thought they could do it, they were down by like 15 points, even SAF said Chelsea was out of the race a few months ago.

2. It is humanly possible for ManU to lose at OT but it won't happen.

3. I'd rather face Blackpool at home than Everton away.

4. This year's ManU team has been more distracted by other competitions. They took their foot off the pedal in the league a bit because they knew they had it wrapped up, that is all.

5. But VDS is retiring and only has a couple of games left, he will be more up for this game than anyone. And he is much better than Cech anyway.

1. So what ever Ferguson says is right now is it? The Chelsea players didnt think it was over did they hence why we are only 3 points behind you.

2. I really dont understand why you are bigging Utds home form up. Difference is you havnt played Chelsea at home this season and its only been 19games without a defeat at home which yes is really good but not sensational

3. I would rather play Blackpool too but the difference is Everton and Newcastle have nothing to play for. Its hard for players to get motavated for games which mean next to nothing too them and they may be on their holidays already. But both Blackburn and Blackpool have everything to play for and will give everything.

4. First of all you say your side is better and now you say they have took their foot off. Seriously get a grip, do you really think a manger like Ferguson will let his team think that they have won the league before they actually have?

5. Just because he is retireing dosent mean that will make him play better. And no way is he MUCH better than Cech. I think most un-bias Utd fans would even admit they are both top class keepers and if there is anything between them then it is very minimal.

Your view on Chelsea as a team is abit of a joke isent it. Its as if you dont believe we pose any threat at all and that isent the case now is it. I dont like judging people and i like to give everyone their say but from what i have seen from you it tells me everything i need to know about what type of person you are and that your points are shocking to be honest.

A strange combination of events conspired to all of the sudden give Chelsea a chance with only three games left. But they won't do it. The match will end in a draw this weekend, or maybe a ManU victory, and it will be over. Even if Chelsea did win, ManCity needs points to qualify for the Champions League, and they will probably hold Chelsea. But the point is ManU is winning the title. We knew this for certain back in February, and a little blip at the end of the season IMO doesn't change the fact that it's been a one-horse race since then.

Tis a good thing chelsea dont play city then isnt it.

Curtis, you truly are a spoon.

Tis a good thing chelsea dont play city then isnt it.

OK I made a mistake and forgot who they were playing in the next two games. Big deal. Point is, even if ManU loses over the weekend (which I really, really doubt will happen) they will probably win the league on goal differential since their run-in is easier.

Curtis, you truly are a spoon.

I'm assuming that's British slang for an idiot; no reason to call people names if you disagree with them. And it's not like I said the title race is over, I said that this week it's a two-horse race. I doubt it will be after the weekend though.

I'm assuming that's British slang for an idiot; no reason to call people names if you disagree with them. And it's not like I said the title race is over, I said that this week it's a two-horse race. I doubt it will be after the weekend though.

No, you've said that it's been a one horse race and also said that after this weekend it will stay like that. There's no reason to completely disregard Chelsea's title challenge. They are in the title race, have been for a few weeks now, Arsenal were up until a few weeks ago, again to say otherwise is disrespectful.

And then you say that the La Liga title race is a two horse race, whereas by your logic; since destroying Madrid 5-0 and completely humiliating them and destroying their confidence, La Liga should've been a one horse race since then. It's all well and good arguing your point, however when they don't stack up and basically contradict each other, that's when people will start questioning you.

And getting into a debate with you, what am I thinking!

No, you've said that it's been a one horse race and also said that after this weekend it will stay like that. There's no reason to completely disregard Chelsea's title challenge. They are in the title race, have been for a few weeks now, Arsenal were up until a few weeks ago, again to say otherwise is disrespectful.

And then you say that the La Liga title race is a two horse race, whereas by your logic; since destroying Madrid 5-0 and completely humiliating them and destroying their confidence, La Liga should've been a one horse race since then. It's all well and good arguing your point, however when they don't stack up and basically contradict each other, that's when people will start questioning you.

And getting into a debate with you, what am I thinking!

As I said before, it has been a one-horse race since February although unexpectedly it became a two-horse race this past weekend. We'll see if it still is at the end of the week, and I doubt it will be.

As far as La Liga goes, that Barcelona victory put them 4 points in front of Real Madrid, no? If you're 4 points in front of the best team in the world in November and still have to play them away later in the season, the title race isn't over. I definitely didn't think the title race was over at that point, if anything I thought it would make Barca get complacent and drop points here and there. Also, Barca is not very deep, and if they had injury problems Madrid could have overtaken them. Didn't happen. For most of the season it was a 5 point difference, which is a good deal, but Real Madrid is the most talented team in the world so Barca had absolutely no room for error. It's not like Arsenal and Chelsea were chasing them. But as I said before, the title race became very complicated for RM when they lost to Gijon a couple of weeks ago, putting them 8 points back. When they tied Barca the race was officially over.

I don't see how I've said anything controversial here, before the game against Gijon no one was saying the title race was over in Spain. People have been saying the title race was over in England though for a long time. Things changed over the weekend though, and Chelsea could surprise everyone and win over the weekend and then beat Newcastle and Everton soundly while ManU doesn't get high-scoring games against Blackburn and Blackpool. But if ManU gets a result at OT this weekend, it will be over.

OK I made a mistake and forgot who they were playing in the next two games. Big deal. Point is, even if ManU loses over the weekend (which I really, really doubt will happen) they will probably win the league on goal differential since their run-in is easier.

'Cause Manure always have a terrific game at Ewood, and a relegation threatened Blackpool.

If we beat ye on sunday, and its a big if, then were top, with atleast a +2 goal difference, Newcastle would be smashed at the Bridge on current form, and Id fancy a Chelsea team at Goodison to win by 2 goals if the league is on it...

we needed the win last season v a resiliant wigan......... 8-0.......

CJACKO, Curtis is not United fan. He is Barca and Arsenal fan..

Epic moment this, will United gather up the guts, and get a second wind now, And try take the PL and CL, or forfeit the CL, and focus on PL, or forfeit the PL, and get owned by Barca anyway? Interesting point to ponder... I personally would LOVE the season ends as Follows: PL- 1-Chelsea 2-Arsenal 3-Man U (lose every next game due to pressure). And for those who were complaining abt. Torres being part of the team who wins, don't worry, my prediction is he goes AWOL on a romantic getaway with George Michael before League's end...

I've put a tenner on Chelsea winning the title. With my current rotten luck of 25 consecutive losses since the World Cup (true story) I'm hoping that I would jinx them.

I've put a tenner on Chelsea winning the title. With my current rotten luck of 25 consecutive losses since the World Cup (true story) I'm hoping that I would jinx them.

Cheers for that lol. Im massivly superstitios (sp) and as soon as i started betting on Chelsea they went through a bad patch (under Scolari) so i stopped, week later he got sacked we got Hiddink in and was immense again. I just stick to predicting now and im not bad at it, if i just say it and not bet on it it normally comes in which is strange and annoying.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Could have fooled me!

No, I'm an Independiente fan. In Europe, I like Arsenal and Barcelona at the moment, but that certainly doesn't make me a fan.

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

United will win the double. I've put £50 on it :D

Tis a good bet. I'm doing the same myself tomorrow, though with a lot more at stake. They better not **** it up, but they won't. The Prem is guaranteed, they've been near perfect at home this season and there's no way they'd lose there this weekend. The CL final is a bit trickier but I'm confident they'll win there too.

well 2 months ago many people were ruling Chelsea out of the title race altogether and look how far we have come that from fighting for a top 4 place in December we now have the chance to go back to the top of the table, if we do win the title it will be one of the greatest comebacks in the English Top Flight, I will be happy even if we come second as truly this has been a great turn around and look forward to the next season where we shall hopefully have a revitalised team under Ancelloti I hope

We can beat United at OT, just because United have a fantastic record there does not mean we cant beat them and we did it last season, we have beaten them this season and the hunger is there in our side, dont see how we dont have a great chance

well 2 months ago many people were ruling Chelsea out of the title race altogether and look how far we have come that from fighting for a top 4 place in December we now have the chance to go back to the top of the table, if we do win the title it will be one of the greatest comebacks in the English Top Flight, I will be happy even if we come second as truly this has been a great turn around and look forward to the next season where we shall hopefully have a revitalised team under Ancelloti I hope

We can beat United at OT, just because United have a fantastic record there does not mean we cant beat them and we did it last season, we have beaten them this season and the hunger is there in our side, dont see how we dont have a great chance

because united have beaten you three times this season and are imperious at home and thus have the better chance

because united have beaten you three times this season and are imperious at home and thus have the better chance

we were imperious at home too right but did u guys not go and beat us there, whats to stop us from doing the same and incase u have not noticed, we have beaten u too this season

we were imperious at home too right but did u guys not go and beat us there, whats to stop us from doing the same and incase u have not noticed, we have beaten u too this season

yeh once as opposed to three times, united are unbeaten at home all season, which makes us favourites by any means

A fresh, full squad, at a fortress of 13 months.. I can't see Chelsea even getting a sniff at goal!

My red-card sense is tingling!

I feel there will be a red card in the match.

Back