Billy the Greek

• Thread starter Thread starter kolas79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 491
  • Views Views 75K
What the f*cking team is Aris... Never heard about them and well mine Greek league knowledge it's Panaithiakos, AEK, Olympiakos, Ast Tripolis, PAOK... :D

Greek Cup and second game against Asteras Tripolis. No place for rotation even though Ajax was coming strong in a few days in Karaiskakis. Olympiakos had lost the first game in Tripoli and the thought that the team could be knocked out from the cup so soon was terrifying.

View attachment 198906
View attachment 198905

View attachment 198904
Finally the team woke up !! A very good performance after two bad results! We are ready for the Dutchmen now !!

View attachment 198903

View attachment 198902
To tell you the truth I was hoping for a good performance but surely was not expecting this result!! Pohjanpalo is lethal up front ! He scores in almost every game since he came to Pireaus! So glad for this transfer !!

What the f*cking team is Aris... Never heard about them and well mine Greek league knowledge it's Panaithiakos, AEK, Olympiakos, Ast Tripolis, PAOK... :D

Aris is the biggest opponent of PAOK in Thessaloniki. A few years before they had a very strong team and with Hector Raul Cooper as their manager, had a wonderful performance in the Europa League, where they even managed to knock out Atletico Madrid, which time had Diego Forlan and Aguero in their roster. They also use to have a great team in basketball back in the 80s with Nick Galis as their star player and probably the best Greek Basketball player.

Here is that game against Atletico
Atletico de Madrid vs Aris 2-3 - Video Dailymotion

So with Pohjanpalo proving his killer instinct one more since he arrived to Piraeus , Olympiakos succeed an important victory at the Europa Cup. The team had a great chance of advancing in the next face and after that who knows ...
View attachment 198691

In the min time, the draw for the Greek Cup created a big encounter ...
View attachment 198686

The prospect of reaching the finals having knocked out our biggest rival always excited Billy !

While our manager was preparing the team for the upcoming matches, he took some time in order to see one of the team 's best young player in action. Stavros Biziotas who was on a loan deal to his beloved Larisa seemed to developing quite well and perhaps in few years from now he 'll become a first team regular in Olympiakos. After all a team is considered big not only buy spending a lot of money in buying big names, but also when big players are born from its academy!
View attachment 198672

Asteras Tripolis was seeking revenge from Olympiakos. They suffered a heavy loss in Karaiskakis for the Greek Cup and the league game was the ideal opportunity to get even !

View attachment 198666
View attachment 198665

View attachment 198658 "Vadala is starting to adjusting here and he is getting better and better! Perhaps we should try and buy him in the summer Joao" said Billy to his assistant after the game. To be honest though, young Vergos came in and changed everything, in a game where until the 70th minute all signs showed that it was going to be a draw.

The next day Billy and his boys arrived at the airport in order to fly to Amsterdam to face Ajax. Their three goal lead looked very comfortable, but Ajax players did not have anything to loose and they would play without anxiety. That alone made this game very tricky.

View attachment 198649

The night before the big game, the team was trained in Amsterdam Arena, one of the most beautiful stadiums in Europe !

View attachment 198642 View attachment 198641

The time had come ...
View attachment 198639
View attachment 198638

View attachment 198637 What a game !!! It was a trip from **** to heaven in 90 minutes. They managed to get two quick goals in the first ten minutes but luckily Colovetsios (eith his first goal from Olympiakos) and Pohjanpalo (scored once again) managed to bring the game even !!!! The key player for Olympiakos though Texeira who offer both goals to his teammates with two great assists.

View attachment 198635

And what about our next opponent ? Behold !
View attachment 198633

If we play like the first game against Ajax I have no fear !

Olympiakos could seal the tittle if the team could achieve two wins in a row. The first of the two games, was against Panthrakikos in Karaiskakis.

View attachment 198312

View attachment 198311
One down, one to go...

In the meantime Billy had to find a new team for Roberto. The Spanish wanted to go, his replacement has already been bought so...

View attachment 198309

Cup fever and the away match against Panathinaikos. Always a win against our rivals makes our fans celebrate for days.
View attachment 198308
View attachment 198307

View attachment 198305

Important game for Thrylos in the league. A win against Aris could the tittle in Piraeus second year in a row. The team 's moral was sky high and they all concentrated for this match.
View attachment 198314
View attachment 198313
View attachment 198304

We are the champions my friend !!!!!!!!
View attachment 198303

With the tittle in his hands, Billy had the time to prepare the team for the two games against Braga for the Europa League. Together with that he should start of his upcoming transfer moves for the next season. Olympiakos' board helped him a lot with that.

View attachment 198302

A good budget which is enough for fulfilling his thoughts. The first one was to buy Vadala. The young Argentinian had shown great quality and he was the ideal player to share time with Munir as a false nine.

View attachment 198301

View attachment 198298

The next move was more difficult, since he had to find Zivkovic 's replacement. After a careful search he end up to this lad.

View attachment 198300

View attachment 198299

Nice, clean and swift. Billy felt very satisfied !

It was time for the first game against Braga. The club form Portugal was not the one which could terrify Olympiakos but Billy and his boys had to be on their best in order to get a good lead.

View attachment 198287
View attachment 198286

Yes ! A perfect performance form the team. If we keep like this we may reach very far in the competition !

Superleague match against Atromitos. With the tittle in our bag it was a great chance for Billy to rest some of his players for the second game against Braga.

View attachment 198285
View attachment 198284

A good win and what a performance from Vergos !

View attachment 198281

Second game for Europa. The team look comfortable. Nobody could still the qualification from us !

View attachment 198287

View attachment 198282

Too bad for loosing this since we were ahead by three goals but since we were through Billy did not mind!

Our next opponent was more difficult team though...
View attachment 198280

We will try but Monaco is the favorite for this one.

Congratulations on winning the league and doing well in the Europa League Monaco will be a challenge but, I have faith in Billy

Congratulations on winning the league and doing well in the Europa League Monaco will be a challenge but, I have faith in Billy

Thank you a lot my friend ! I hope my team takes some inspiration from your Porto and overcome Monaco !

Thank you a lot my friend ! I hope my team takes some inspiration from your Porto and overcome Monaco !

We drew and then lost to them so you might want to find some other inspiration, good lck anway

Fifteen days without an official games were two much. Billy wanted to keep his team fit and sharp for the two upcoming games against Monaco. So he addressed to his assistant and a friendly game was immediately arranged.

View attachment 197606
A good win and a good performance from the players. The team looks ready!

Before the games with the French, Olympiakos had one more obligation for the Superleague. With the tittle won these games looked very boring for most of the players but they were the perfect opportunity for some of to earn their position in the next season 's roster.

View attachment 197605

View attachment 197604
Texeira was amazing and if Vadala had taken better advantage of his teammate passes the score could have been a lot bigger.

View attachment 197602

View attachment 197601 Believe or not we could have won the match ! The posts denied us two goals and we also had at least four clean chances in front of their keeper. On the other hand Monaco 's attackers were more efficient.

View attachment 197602

View attachment 197600 Our defenders and Roberto betrayed us today. It is such a shame to score four goals were you needed only two and to be disqualified. Monaco managed to score two quick goals but we fought back and manage to tie the match just before half time. In the beggining of the second half we scored our third goal but they answered back immediately. After that our fourth goal was just for the satisfaction that we won.

Hard luck Billy, I thought you could of beat Monaco over two legs :S

So unlucky with Monaco two close games just couldn't get the luck that you need

So unlucky with Monaco two close games just couldn't get the luck that you need

As in my last year save with Olympiakos , I managed to reach the quarter finals of the Europa League were I was knocked out by Dortumund. I am so disappointed by this because it is very difficult for a Greek club to procced so much in Europe. The team that I 've managed to built though looks very strong and I am quite optimistic for the upcoming season.

After the two unfortunate games with Monaco, Billy had a very tough task. He had to keep his players’ morale high for the second match with Panathinaikos for the Greek Cup. He would accept to be knocked out form the cup final from any team except this one. He hoped that the game against Panachaiki could chin up his players. Any easy opponent without any motive seemed the perfect opportunity for a big score.
View attachment 197375
View attachment 197374
Billy‘s players did exactly what their coach had wished before the game. They were focused and put on a good show for the fans.

Eternal battle with the participation in the Greek Cup final as a prize, and while Olympiakos had already this year champion tittle in his hand, Billy was hungry for more. Panathinaikos on the other hand wanted to be at that final no matter what so as to win the second best tittle in Greece and give some joy to its fans. All signs shown that it was going to be a close game.
View attachment 197373
View attachment 197372

Nooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!! Shouted Billy when the referee blew his whistle for the last time. Olympiakos had managed to lose an own game. Even though the team from Piraeus had won the first game and had managed to score an early goal at Karaiskakis, Panathinaikos turned this around with two late goals. Our hero was devastated and not even the fans who gave the team a warm applause at the end of the game recognizing this year effort could not cheer him up.

In the final though, Panathinaikos did not managed to celebrate the tittle since he lost the game from Platanias !!! An outcome that nobody expected !!
View attachment 197371

That was the end of Billy 's third year as an manager in his favorite club. He managed to win the championship again but to his eyes this year was not so successful as the previous one. Monaco and Panathinaikos had hurt Billy 's pride but he was determined to make his team even more strong for the upcoming season.

Back