That's a kind Europa League draw, let's hope you can take advantage of it!

That's a kind Europa League draw, let's hope you can take advantage of it!

I am not so sure whether the winner of the Europa League qualifies for next year's Champions League but if it still stands I am going to put my whole effort on it !

I am not so sure whether the winner of the Europa League qualifies for next year's Champions League but if it still stands I am going to put my whole effort on it !

I'm pretty certain that is the case, go for it! :)

View attachment 180375View attachment 180386Once again we were no match for the big boys of the Premier League. Memphis Depay was unstoppable.

View attachment 180384
In Greece , Olympiakos managed to win the league this time! Billy was very happy about this !

View attachment 180374View attachment 180382A dominating performance in the match against Braga. Perhaps the players are sharing Billy's ambition for the Europa league and they transform to the best each time they play Europa league games !

View attachment 180373
View attachment 180381At least we did not loose this time and that is encouraging. That does not mean that we were the better team though.

View attachment 180374View attachment 180379We protected our league today even though they came to us hard in the last minutes of the game. We are in the semi finals and now everything can happen!

View attachment 180376
A good draw. If we play as in the games against Braga and especially as in the first game we won't have anything to fear !

Last edited:
View attachment 179986
View attachment 179991
Α good win in the league with Redmond our best player in the field one more time. One of the most successful transfer Billy has ever made !

View attachment 179985View attachment 179990Second win in a row and Redmond best player again ! As long as he continues playing like there is a great chance we can finish in the top six!

View attachment 179984View attachment 179989Third win in a row in the Premier League! I cannot remember the last this has happened ! We look in good form in view of the games for the Europa League!

View attachment 179983View attachment 179988
What a performance from Lambert! Our young attacker and probably one of the key players for the National team of England in the years to come! We are so close to the final !

View attachment 179973Wonderful news for Billy since the board offered our hero a new contract! The days of questioning of the abilities of the Greek coach are gone (for the moment) !

View attachment 179967View attachment 179971
We are on fire in the Premier! Playing with one box to box midfielder , a defensive midfielder and a ball winning midfielder is working amazing well!

View attachment 179963View attachment 179969
Europa League final here we come! This is the first time our hero reaches so high in a Europe competition !

View attachment 179649View attachment 179652Surely I was not expecting that result since the team is doing so well in the league lately. At least we are still in the game fro capturing the sixth place and finishing in the same position as last season. He aimed higher but much improvement must be made in order to rich the higher places of the Premier League.

View attachment 179648View attachment 179651
A good way to finish this season in England. The amazing progress of the team in the Europa League though shows that he can do a lot better than this.

View attachment 179650 One of the best offences in the League but one of the worst defenses as well. He conceive a lot of goals and we have to become more solid in the back if we want to aim higher.

View attachment 179646 Redmond deserved this 100%

View attachment 179645
The day had come for Billy's most important game in his career so far. He had reached very close to play a Europa league final with Olympiakos but Liverpool won the semi final in the last minute. This time though things were different. Tottenham played better in all the knock out faces and now the time had come to face its opponent in the final match !

Things were not going to be easy though since ...
View attachment 179644
We were going to face one of our boogie teams in the Premier League. United destroyed the Spurs in their last encounter. The fans were not optimistic about this but after all was just one game and everything could happen.

View attachment 179643The referee blew his whistle and the game begun. Tottenham were doing surprisingly well! Okay United had most possession of the ball but they were not creating many chances. The end of the first half found the two teams equal with no score.
In the second half United got the lead with a former Spurs player to be the one who opened the score. Harry Kane found himself free in the area and with a powerful shoot beat Lloris . United - Tottenham 1-0.
After a few minutes Tottenham had a great chance to get the equalizer but Xydis (our best attacker) sent the ball to the post. United could have ended the match but the Spurs captain Lloris managed to save two (!!!!) penalties. Billy tried everything but United's defense was very hard to break.
As a result ...
View attachment 179642

Tough luck in the final :/ Interesting that Liverpool have a player called A. Ferguson! :p

Tough luck in the final :/ Interesting that Liverpool have a player called A. Ferguson! :p

Ha ha you are right ! It would be even more interesting if United had a player named S. Gerard ha ha !

View attachment 178795 View attachment 178794

PRE SEASON TRAINING

The planning of the new season had started for Billy. Having won his first cup as a Tottenham manager and played in the Europa league final, he was more confident that the team could aim higher than the sixth place in the Premier league. His tactic with a defensive midfielder a box to box and winning midfielder had worked great and he had decided to employ it form the beginning this time.

View attachment 178791
The friendly matches showed that the team was ready for some good football this season. Even though the Spurs had not faced the hardest teams of the world , Billy was very happy from the effort that his players showed on the pitch.

One of the most important friendly games was the one with Olimpique Lyonnais. A glory day for Hugo Lloris ! The Frenchman has entered his 11th year as a Spur player and the board decided to owner him. Even though we lost nobody cared about the result since praising our guardian angel was more important !

View attachment 178789

View attachment 178788
​It was a very busy transfer period for our hero. He had already decided to bring some new faces in defense and in the midfield as well. Tottenham had one of the worst defenses in the league and that had to be changed. However, together with the new players that were bought, some of last year key players said goodbye to the White Hart Lane.

View attachment 178787The board could not say to Liverpool and Manchester City . They offered a total amount of 133 million Euros for Cespedes and Xydis. Even though Billy did not want to loose those two the offer that made was so high that he could not say no. With the money earned, our hero did what it was necessary in order for the team to regain its quality.
View attachment 178786 Shaqiri can offer a lot and our hero was sure that his performances can make the fans to forget Cespedes.

View attachment 178785 Barbosa looked the perfect match for Huber. He received a warm welcome from the fans since they wanted him from last year when Chelsea managed to capture him from Dortumund.

View attachment 178784 Billy wanted the Frenchman from last year but Milan was quicker and managed to sign him for free six months before the end of his contract. Our hero had set his eyes on him and the board granted his wish.

View attachment 178780 Better defender and with better passing abilities than Ager. The Belgian can offer great help as a defensive midfielder.

View attachment 178774 With these stats in such a young age this boy can provide good cover in the back!

View attachment 178770

View attachment 178767
The board expected from Billy pretty much the same as last season. He had the belief though that he could do better.

View attachment 178764
An away win is always a good way to start the season. Barbosa make a very good debut today and everybody in the club was very happy about this. The question was whether he could deal with the pressure of playing in Xydis' boots in every single game.

View attachment 178760
Young Mercado save the game for the Spurs with his late goal. We were not so good today since it was a great to get our second win in a row in view of the three difficult games with Newcastle (away), Liverpool (away) and United (home).

View attachment 178752
We got an early lead but they made us pay . A total crash and burn. Billy surely did not expect such a heavy loss.

View attachment 178750 This year journey in the Capital One Cup will start with Fulham which has returned to the Premier League. It is going to be a very interesting match.

OFF TOPIC : Since Brendn returned I think it is disrespectful to use the same images. So the story will have this form now.

View attachment 178650
View attachment 178649

The Europa league draw could be considered reasonable and the Spurs have a chance to move on to the knock out face.

View attachment 178648
View attachment 178647

Okay now this is becoming ridiculous ! Back to the tactic book again and fast !

View attachment 178646

Luckily the team has still got a pulse! Let's hope that this win could the start of more to come. We are in the beginning of the league but this is not the time to stay behind or else we will end up chasing the big boys again.

I think it's about gelling together not your tactic? But I'm usually wrong when talking about tactics still learning.. But we all ;)

I think it's about gelling together not your tactic? But I'm usually wrong when talking about tactics still learning.. But we all ;)

I 've come to the conclusion that in this year FM you have to alter your team instructions quite often and perhaps this is the key. Last season playing more wide brought some good results but in this season it did not worked so far . So I decided to switch to more narrow and it worked with United. We will see how long it will last.

Last edited:
View attachment 177819
View attachment 177818
View attachment 177817
One of my bigger scorelines in all my FM years (perhaps it is the biggest but I cannot remember for sure since I have been playing the game since 1998) ! Okay we were not facing Barcelona (not even close) but it is always nice to win big since it lifts your players morale !

View attachment 177816View attachment 177815We had only two days break between the Europa game and this. Despite the heavy legs Billy decided not to rotate the team so much. He made the right call since Spurs won nice and easily even though Barbosa scored the second goal in the last minutes. Fulham was never a threat today.