Billy the Greek

• Thread starter Thread starter kolas79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 491
  • Views Views 75K
View attachment 200420
Champions League group stage game five. Olympiakos was in a very difficult position. He needed this win badly so as to have some hopes for qualification in the next round. His opponent was not an easy one though. Atletico was coming to Karaiskakis in order to lock the second place of the group and to proceed to the knock out face. As always in all champions league games the fans have packed the stadium almost two hours before the first whistle of the referee. They were determined to support the beloved team for this huge task.
View attachment 200422 View attachment 200421

View attachment 200419

View attachment 200417 "I cannot blame my players for not taking the win today. They tried very hard. We were the best team but we were also unlucky. The posts managed to steal from us the joy of getting one goal twice. We have one more game in the champions league and then it 's the europa league, where we want to proceed as much as possible. Last but surely not least once again I would like to thank our fans for their support and we feel very sorry for not grabbing the win today in order to dedicated to them".

Hey mate just caught up. Going well in the league and hopefully the form in Europe can pick up!

Hopefully you can get a good run in the Europa League, unlucky with all the close games in Europe

Hey mate just caught up. Going well in the league and hopefully the form in Europe can pick up!

Thank you very much ! I tried my best but Greek Teams are not ready for big things in the Champions League yet. Europa suits us better and hope I will the quarter finals with a little bit of luck !

Hopefully you can get a good run in the Europa League, unlucky with all the close games in Europe

Especially the game against Atletico in Karaiskakis disappointed me a lot. They had no chance in front of goals and we had two posts and two times Ideye managed to send the ball out from a very good position. But I will try my best in Europa. After all getting the third position was my realistic target from such a strong group.

View attachment 200339

Out of the blue, Billy came up against a very big dilemma. Even though he was very committed to his job with Olympiakos, rumors that linked him with a very big English club started to mess up his head.

View attachment 200338

Manchester United was Billy favorite club from Europe. His largest dream as a player was to play in the Old Trafford just one time and now with the rumors that he was headhunted by the Red Devils could not thinking about it. If a offer would arrived he was not sure what was going to decide. Nevertheless he had to concentrate for Olympiakos' next game. They were going to face Aris , who just returned to the big league after two years of absence due to economical reasons. The fans created an amazing atmosphere and called Billy 's name a lot of times so as to show him their support and to convince him to stay in Piraeus.

View attachment 200336 View attachment 200333

View attachment 200334

After the game Billy was asked many times about the rumors between him and United but decided not to make any comment.
View attachment 200332

Nice win, but a big decision to make as a United fan I'd say go for it

Nice win, but a big decision to make as a United fan I'd say go for it

Perhaps I 'll accept an offer but so far is just rumors nothing official. One thing is for sure I am little excited for this !

After the big win against Aris, Olympiakos had to travel to the city of the Veroia to face the local time for the Greek cup. Since the team had already qualified it was time for some youngsters to play.
View attachment 200289
View attachment 200288 A good win and a good chance for my young players to shine. There two lads that I have great hopes for them.

View attachment 200281

Next game at Peristeri with Atromitos. A match where Billy did not expected that outcome for sure.
View attachment 200283
View attachment 200282 A Crazy game !! Luckily Vergos stepped in and gave us the win!

Final game of the group stage of the Champions League. Olympiakos have not manage to qualify but Billy 's players would had to be very careful. A loss with more than two goals from the Belgians and it was bue bye Europa League as well.
View attachment 200279
View attachment 200278 A good result especially since we managed to get the tie late in the game.

Back in the League and to Karaiskakis for what many thought an easy game against Giannina.
View attachment 200277
View attachment 200276 A very bad result and a very disappointing performance. To be honest they could have won with a bigger score

The next day Billy and his players were all gathered in to watch the draw for the next two faces of the Europa League. The team had potentials in order to go further in this competition but all of them would welcome a good draw.
View attachment 200274 View attachment 200273

View attachment 200272 "we will be facing a very good and a historic team. I believe that we are up to the challenge. If we played like we did in the game against Giannena though we won't stand a chance".

Greek cup again and Olympiakos was hosting Sparti which were performing amazingly well in this competition.
View attachment 200271
View attachment 200270 Although Billy and the fans expected more goals a win is always a win.

Next stop the city of Patras and Greece 's third largest harbor, where Olympiakos was facing Panachaiki for the Greek Superleague.
View attachment 200263
View attachment 200261 Another game where we steal the win in the last minutes. I am not complaining but we must start play some defense.

View attachment 200263
View attachment 200254 Now that 's more like it !

With the game against Apollon , Olympiakos closed this season in the same place as he started it. Being first !!
View attachment 200252

The opening game of the new year was the rematch with Sparti for the cup. A lot of people had gathered from the local villages in order to see the Greek champions of the previous season.
View attachment 200271

It is always nice to dream. It makes you feel beautiful and it is cost-less ...
View attachment 200243

View attachment 200238
Anyway, Billy had more serious things to look up. Rumors that a big offer for Emanuel Mamana was about to reach Mr. Marinakis office. He did want to loose one of his best players but if a large offer would arrive he knew that he could not persuade the president to reject it. The club had lost the money it would receive from the qualification to the knock out phase of the champions league, and the board had to keep the balance between income and expense (**** UEFA financial fair play) .

And so ...
View attachment 200237

Now our hero had to search for an replacement and while he was looking video from agents from all over the world his eye caught up this lad.
View attachment 200233
"Good player, left footed and quite cheap since his contract is running out in six months. There is our guy Joao", said Billy to his assistant. They started the contacts with Monaco immediately.

Apart from the sale of Mamana though, Billy made one more move. From the beginning of December Brown Ideye was not performing well. In fact he was awful. He had an excuse, since he had an injury that kept him out for about three week in November, but his large contract was an inhibiting factor. Moreover, Billy wanted some fresh blood in the team in order to shape up his offensive line a bit. So...
View attachment 200228
Ideye replacement was a young Finnish called ...View attachment 200227
An expensive transfer but the money from the sale of Mamana were there, and they were at Billy 's disposal.
View attachment 200223

PS : I 've decided to use a little bit larger letters. Hope you are okay with that. Once again I would like to thank all of you for watching this story! You are wonderful and to be honest I did not expected all this response!!

Oh Jolle does become good player in FM16... Yeah I'm Finnish. Nice wins and I ask that you don't go straight at team of ManU etc... Would be more interesting if you can made Europa League team to Title contender ;)

Oh Jolle does become good player in FM16... Yeah I'm Finnish. Nice wins and I ask that you don't go straight at team of ManU etc... Would be more interesting if you can made Europa League team to Title contender ;)

Thank you very much for the tip about Joel! I am sure he will offer a lot to the team. I wanted to try my luck at United but the choose Bielsa instead. Nevertheless I believe that my team is strong and we can create an upset to the Europa League!

Last edited:
Things were looking good for Billy. Olympiakos had managed to stay on top of the Greek Superleague and was beginning to create some distance from the other teams. But there was no place for relaxation. Everybody needed to stay focus until the game of the championship. Still there a lot of games and everything could change.
View attachment 200067
View attachment 200066
View attachment 200065 Another dominating performance from Zivkovic! Unfortunately he still doesn't accept to sign a new contract...

View attachment 200067
View attachment 200064

View attachment 200062 "We managed to loose a game in which we had the total control for 80 minutes. Suddenly we stopped playing as if the referee had already blown his whistle for the last time. The opponent though kept fighting and get the equalizer. I truly this game will be lesson to my players" said Billy in the interview after the match.

The next day of the derby...
View attachment 200059

A good sign even though we paid 7.500.000 millions euros for player that his contract was going to run out in six months time.

Another derby was coming this time against PAOK. Will Olympiakos' player manage to stay focus throughout the game this time?
View attachment 200067
View attachment 200053
View attachment 200052 A good win against PAOK that is on second in the league and with this win we managed to extend our lead!

After the game Billy experienced a very important moment in his carrier as a manager.
View attachment 200051

Second place winner was another great player who was worshiped in Olympiakos. Nikos Anastopoulos an amazing striker !

Next on the menu was the match against Asteras Tripolis for the cup.
View attachment 200050
View attachment 200049
View attachment 200048 They managed to caught off guard but I am certain that the second game in Karaiskakis will give us the win and the qualification

​Due to games postpones, Olympiakos had to play two games in five days for the Superleague. And before someone steps up and say okay no big deal that has happened before what you will say if you see that both games were with the same team??
View attachment 200046
View attachment 200045 Our new striker was fantastic today ! This was a very good new since Finnbogason had a very serious injury.

View attachment 200044

View attachment 200043
View attachment 200042 Finally, Vadala played according to his potentials today. Let's just hope he will keep playing like this till the rest of the season!

View attachment 200040View attachment 200041

Okay now this is serious because we had players to replace Finnbogason but for Kyriakos... So Billy went out for shopping again ...
View attachment 200039
]
View attachment 200038 My goal is to buy good Greek players and help them develop to super stars. After all this is a Greek club ! So for that reason Kolovetsios was a good deal.

And to close our post marathon for today the league table ...
View attachment 200037

Good thing you didn't join United! :D
To tell you the truth this FM looks very competitive and the Greek League is quite hard to win (something that did not stand in the past years) so I am not bored palying in Greece yet. I was excited at first with the prospect of United but then I thought with the transfer budget of the Red Devils the save would loose its interest!

To tell you the truth this FM looks very competitive and the Greek League is quite hard to win (something that did not stand in the past years) so I am not bored palying in Greece yet. I was excited at first with the prospect of United but then I thought with the transfer budget of the Red Devils the save would loose its interest!

Agree 100%

The tweaks that Billy made to his tactic seemed to work very good. Olympiakos played a good attacking football and the fans were very pleased by the team 's performance. Next game in the league was against Iraklis.
View attachment 199600
View attachment 199599

View attachment 199598A wonderful performance just in time before the crucial game against Panathinaikos for the League! The team looked ready for the eternal derby. A win in Panathinaikos home will make Olympiakos the strongest favorite for the tittle and Billy the chance to celebrate a back to back ! But our hero was very anxious after the game since he was informed that Atletico 's manager Diego Simeone was present in Karaiskakis. He had set his eye on Zivkovic and since the Serbian was still refusing to renew his contract perhaps he was going to say goodbye to Olympiakos.

The next day his fears become reality.
View attachment 199595 The Serbian 's ambition was to play to greater league and a greater team so without thinking twice he ...
View attachment 199594

Probably the same thing is going to happen with Roberto. The Spanish goalkeeper is also refuces to renew since he was promised to be sold in the end of this season. Billy is going to make to fulfill his promise because he does not want to loose him for free as he did with the Serbian wonder kid.

No time to think about transfers though. Panathinaikos and the eternal derby were waiting.
View attachment 199593

View attachment 199600
View attachment 199592

View attachment 199591 We totally dominated the match. They managed to get the first goal despite our clear chances but Pohjanpalo equalized the very next minute. After that we had two post, one in every half but it was not meant to be. Anyway I am not too worry since the second team Aris did manage to win as well.

View attachment 199590

Still in first place and looking good !

Sucks about Zivkovic leaving on a free but I have faith Billy will be able to unearth a new diamond!

Sucks about Zivkovic leaving on a free but I have faith Billy will be able to unearth a new diamond!

It won 't be an easy job but after all nobody is irreplacealbe ! I was dissappointed by him though because I could not sell him in the summer since he was recovering from his injury and nobody wanted him then. After that, it was too late to do anything.

Theoretically , Olympiakos had two easy league games before the big encounter with Asteras Tripolis for the cup and the first game for the Europa League with Ajax in Karaiskakis. However , the team 's good form had affected many of the players who were appeared a little bit lazy in the training ground. Billy had seen that and decided to rotate the team in order to give opportunities and to weak up the so called basic squad.

View attachment 198916
View attachment 198915 This is what happens when you take a game lightly ...

The next day and while our manager was trying to analyse this bad loss he has informed that French club Losc Lille had made an offer to buy Serbia 's new best thing, young goalkeeper Predrag RaJkovic. Billy had set his eye on Predrag as the ideal replacement for Roberto. He had to move fast though since West Ham was about to place an offer as well so ...
View attachment 198914 View attachment 198913

The other "easy game" was against Platanias in Karaiskakis as well.

View attachment 198911

View attachment 198910 OK now this is getting ridiculous! We have to wake up fast !

Luckily Aris was losing points as well so the league table had not changed.
View attachment 198909

Back