Birmingham v Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Views Views 6K
Alarm bells are ringing. Again credit where it is due for Birmingham to get a result but it should not be happening.
To lose 3 out of 4 fixtures which we should of all won is getting embarrassing.
Even though we have injuries to some of our best players we still should be performing well or winning but this is not happening.
Hopefully a big win against Zilina will put us back on track.

The diference is that Birmingham actually took their '1' chance JD, whereas Chelsea didn't take any of their '25', which seems to be the wrong stats anyway tbh

Ben Foster apparently played brilliantly the best he ever has, going to watch MOTD and see how he really did

Just to me, seems like a crisis, your in worse form them when Utd had there "crisis" So you must be in agreement with me!!!!

Well at the end of the day we have lost 3 in our last 4 yet we are still top of the league, I think the crisis is if we start dropping places in the table and throwing away leads.

Just got back from the match Blues did brilliant defending the whole back 5 where amazing winning everything in the air. Drogba was in Roger's and Scott's pocket most of the game.

As for Foster MOTM. Many about 6-7 quality saves, and done well with 2 1v1's.

Chelsea Fans made me laugh, singing how **** our support was then never heard them after 17mins, Then at the end of the game started throwing coins into the Blues end. They also threw Celery onto the pitch as well, I think Ben Foster ****** them off with his time wasting

To be fair, you dont deserve to win if you don't bother attacking them, no matter how well you defend. Especially at home.

To be fair, you dont deserve to win if you don't bother attacking them, no matter how well you defend. Especially at home.

Thats a little harsh, we didn't take our chances today. We didn't let Birmingham attack our back 4 plus Mikel was solid today so Birmingham had no over choice rather than to defend.

Chelsea fans, I feel your pain. But it doesn't matter. Man Utd may have won, but then again who wouldn't have against 9 men? As long as we (Arsenal too) just turn ourselves around, the title challenge will finally narrow down to the big teams. I mean, aren't Bolton now in the top 4?

Thats a little harsh, we didn't take our chances today. We didn't let Birmingham attack our back 4 plus Mikel was solid today so Birmingham had no over choice rather than to defend.

I see your point, just I don't like seeing teams get a goal then hang on for dear life. I might be being harsh, as I haven't seen any highlights, but it sounded all Chelsea pretty much all the way through.

This result makes it even more annoying that Arsenal threw it away today. Would have been top by 1 point. :O

But well done Birmingham. :D

Well at the end of the day we have lost 3 in our last 4 yet we are still top of the league, I think the crisis is if we start dropping places in the table and throwing away leads.

Well you have scored only one goal in 4 games, what is it called then..

I see your point, just I don't like seeing teams get a goal then hang on for dear life. I might be being harsh, as I haven't seen any highlights, but it sounded all Chelsea pretty much all the way through.

Fair enough mate, yer it was all Chelsea but we gave them no option but to defend.

Well you have scored only one goal in 4 games, what is it called then..

Drogba has been playing pretty unfit and we have Lampard to come back in the side yet. I think teams has stopped the way we like to play so its Carlo's and the rest of the staffs job to change this and pronto. He needs to give McEachran a start without a dout and i think he is scared to throw him in from the start.

The only positive we can take is that we dominated the game from start to finish and created so many excellent chances, its the first time we have dominated a game since the first half against Blackpool in September.

CJACKO, may i ask why you don't have this weeks result in your sig?

Pretty stupid question isen't it?
the problem you have is that while you have easily the best 11, you squad as a whole isnt that good, you havent got good depth, and its about the best squad. wasnt problem last year becuase you have quality depth, but you are lacking it this year, and players who are normally supremely fit (lampard for example) are showing age a little and creaking a bit. I fully expect chelsea to come out of this slump though. But while they are in it i hope united make the most of it, even though we're not lighting things up ourselves

Not scoring and dropping 6 points in a week is worse maybe?

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Fair enough mate, yer it was all Chelsea but we gave them no option but to defend.

Drogba has been playing pretty unfit and we have Lampard to come back in the side yet. I think teams has stopped the way we like to play so its Carlo's and the rest of the staffs job to change this and pronto. He needs to give McEachran a start without a dout and i think he is scared to throw him in from the start.

The only positive we can take is that we dominated the game from start to finish and created so many excellent chances, its the first time we have dominated a game since the first half against Blackpool in September.

2 man team then? Just wondering.

the problem you have is that while you have easily the best 11, you squad as a whole isnt that good, you havent got good depth, and its about the best squad. wasnt problem last year becuase you have quality depth, but you are lacking it this year, and players who are normally supremely fit (lampard for example) are showing age a little and creaking a bit. I fully expect chelsea to come out of this slump though. But while they are in it i hope united make the most of it, even though we're not lighting things up ourselves

I think they have got a little complacent so that needs to be addressed. At the end of the day last year we have more expirenece on the bench but this year we have you acadamy bred players and i think i speak for most Chelsea fans when i say i would rather see some of these lads come through.

Not scoring and dropping 6 points in a week is worse maybe?

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

2 man team then? Just wondering.

Well we missed Terry more than anyone today so nah i don't think 2man team. Also Cech has won us points single handidly this season so again i would have to say no.

I think they have got a little complacent so that needs to be addressed. At the end of the day last year we have more expirenece on the bench but this year we have you acadamy bred players and i think i speak for most Chelsea fans when i say i would rather see some of these lads come through.

Well we missed Terry more than anyone today so nah i don't think 2man team. Also Cech has won us points single handidly this season so again i would have to say no.

just your reasoning behind today is, drogba and lampard. So you dont score goals without them, is that what you are saying?

but hes not bringing them through and you dont want themm all at once, united is a good example of how to do it. if it was game you could say complacency, but its now a run of poor form

Back