Birmingham v Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Views Views 6K
just your reasoning behind today is, drogba and lampard. So you dont score goals without them, is that what you are saying?

No because i think if Terry had played we would have won or got a result regardless if Lampard and Drogba featured today. We lacked abit of passion and leadership today and JT has that in abundance.

No because i think if Terry had played we would have won or got a result regardless if Lampard and Drogba featured today. We lacked abit of passion and leadership today and JT has that in abundance.

but surely, as champions you should have players in your squad capable of replacing them to, for games, in all respect against a team like birmingham. So your a one man team in terry?

but surely, as champions you should have players in your squad capable of replacing them to, for games, in all respect against a team like birmingham. So your a one man team in terry?

What no. We played really well today but just needed that mental edge that Terry has. We don't rely on Terry week in week out do we??? Im just saying today we really needed him.

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

but hes not bringing them through and you dont want themm all at once, united is a good example of how to do it. if it was game you could say complacency, but its now a run of poor form

Well if they are on the bench surely thats bringing them through??? And we arn't throwing them all on the pitch at the same time are we.

What no. We played really well today but just needed that mental edge that Terry has. We don't rely on Terry week in week out do we??? Im just saying today we really needed him.

Oh, shouldnt you be able to beat brimingham without john terry, It only conceded one goal.

Oh, shouldnt you be able to beat brimingham without john terry, It only conceded one goal.

Our defence was rock solid today, all im saying is Terrys passion and leadership was needed today its not hard to understand.

Our defence was rock solid today, all im saying is Terrys passion and leadership was needed today its not hard to understand.

oh, i thought you had many leaders, out of interest did you beat brum last year or draw?

Draw, keeper was the difference again Joe Hart has an absolute blinder.

Oh so 2 points down on last year, with sunderland last week, thats what 5 points. thought you where going to get same results of last year?

Tbf Chelsea Played really well today, however nothing was beating our defence.
If Chelsea played like today against any other team they would of won 5,6-0. If you watch MOTD tonight you will see how well the Birmingham played defensively, i reckon no team would have got past us today.

Oh so 2 points down on last year, with sunderland last week, thats what 5 points. thought you where going to get same results of last year?

I never said that either, as you can't remember i will remind you it was a Utd fan (can't remember who) after your draw against Everton that said oh well its 1 more point that we got last season. And i said of so thats how it works then is it and i stated that we had better results this season than we did against the teams we played at that point. Basicly is was me taking the **** as you would know all to well about.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

Tbf Chelsea Played really well today, however nothing was beating our defence.
If Chelsea played like today against any other team they would of won 5,6-0. If you watch MOTD tonight you will see how well the Birmingham played defensively, i reckon no team would have got past us today.

Totally agree mate, well done.

I never said that either, as you can't remember i will remind you it was a Utd fan (can't remember who) after your draw against Everton that said oh well its 1 more point that we got last season. And i said of so thats how it works then is it and i stated that we had better results this season than we did against the teams we played at that point. Basicly is was me taking the **** as you would know all to well about.

Oh i seem to remember you saying you will do the double over us and Arsenal becuase you did it last year, saying you expected to repeat last seasons results.

Out of interest do you agree, utd are now favourites.

Oh i seem to remember you saying you will do the double over us and Arsenal becuase you did it last year, saying you expected to repeat last seasons results.

Out of interest do you agree, utd are now favourites.

I never said that at all, that is a stupid thing to say. And no i don't agree that Utd are favourates. The result was poor today but the performance was excellent, easily our best since September.

I never said that at all, that is a stupid thing to say. And no i don't agree that Utd are favourates. The result was poor today but the performance was excellent, easily our best since September.

god you lose when you play well, i hate to see a bad run.

on the other thing, i find you a link soon.

EDIT: Thread no longer on record, and i cant remember exact title. but you know you said it and many other witnessed it.

Last edited:
I agree Chelsea are going through abit of the a bad spell at the moment, but all teams have that, even Man u.
I still reckon Chelsea will win the Prem this season, and go far in all the Cups, Overall I say they have the best squad in the league apart from Man city (but their not a team)

About today it was the most nervous match day experience, everytime Chelsea had the ball i thought they were gonna score.

I agree Chelsea are going through abit of the a bad spell at the moment, but all teams have that, even Man u.
I still reckon Chelsea will win the Prem this season, and go far in all the Cups, Overall I say they have the best squad in the league apart from Man city (but their not a team)

About today it was the most nervous match day experience, everytime Chelsea had the ball i thought they were gonna score.

Your backline was sensational mate and Ben Foster was immense, 2 years running in this fixture your keeper has had a world class match lol.

I agree Chelsea are going through abit of the a bad spell at the moment, but all teams have that, even Man u. .

No-one ever denys that, we had out bad run at the start of the season, when we couldnt hold a lead, we are getting stronger now, but we where stupidly ridiculed for being a "past it" or in "crisis" side from some very silly people. anyone know who that was?

p.s. i give you 3 guesses.

Yep we are sort of good against Chelsea and the top 4. Last year we were the only team to stop you scoring apart from Inter Milan.

Scott i think your over looking the point, Chelsea where great today, If they had a bad game then the fans could be worried. If i was a Chelsea fan i wouldn't be worried i just say Ben Foster. Also i don't think Man u will beat us when we play you.

Last edited:
No-one ever denys that, we had out bad run at the start of the season, when we couldnt hold a lead, we are getting stronger now, but we where stupidly ridiculed for being a "past it" or in "crisis" side from some very silly people. anyone know who that was?

p.s. i give you 3 guesses.

Not once did i use the word "crisis". I said the throwing away leads is not typical Utd.

Yep we are sort of good against Chelsea and the top 4. Last year we were the only team to stop you scoring apart from Inter Milan.

Dunc i think your over looking the point, Chelsea where great today, If they had a bad game then the fans could be worried. If i was a Chelsea fan i wouldn't be worried i just say Ben Foster. Also i don't think Man u will beat us when we play you.

Dunc? I am truly honoured you mistaken me for that guy.

Confidence from a brummie, that we will see. I just think chelsea fans need to accept there on a bad run. They lost to liverpool, how low can you get?

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Not once did i use the word "crisis". I said the throwing away leads is not typical Utd.

You what, you said it loads of times. get real. everyone knows that.

Back