BlackBerry or iPhone?

Blackberry or iPhone?

• Total voters
  • Iphone doesnt support sending content via bluetooth (which you check most handset out there will cover it)
  • The software has various problems and freezes constantly or you have to keep reseting the settings.
  • You cant forward texts without having to cut and copy the message
  • It does lose signal alot but this is more down to the network, but the Ariel (i dont mean the handset has an ariel on it, but all handset have one inside to get signal) is very poor if you are in area with basic coverage for calls texts then you might intermitent service.
  • There have been a lot of Glitches with the handset.

1: iBluetooth allows me to send content to any device.
2: Never had any issues with mine. There are 5 or 6 iphones in my social circle and my Girlfriend has one also. Nobody has had software issues (unlike the many sony's and Nokias we have all gone through).
3: I travel to very remote places for my business and I have an equivalent signal to my 2nd phone (N95), on the same network.
4: See number 2.

Apple as a company has it's fans and it's detractors.
I spent over a decade in the mobile phone industry and have seen plenty of shoddy products released by the major manufacturers over the years (Sony W910 anybody??.. Nokia n70??)..
The iphone is a quality piece of tech and I, like many other owners, am very happy with it's trouble free service.

It wont let me put up a poll for this thread, any help?

I spent over a decade in the mobile phone industry and have seen plenty of shoddy products released by the major manufacturers over the years (Sony W910 anybody??.. Nokia n70??)..
The iphone is a quality piece of tech and I, like many other owners, am very happy with it's trouble free service.

the nokia n96 was the last straw for me, possibly the worst phone ive ever owned. after owning that piece of **** for 3 months i converted to blackberry.

iphones just not for me. much prefer actual buttons to touchscreens.

Depends on what you wanna do with the phone actually. Iphone for the games and entertainments, Blackberry for the ease of use etc.

1: iBluetooth allows me to send content to any device.
2: Never had any issues with mine. There are 5 or 6 iphones in my social circle and my Girlfriend has one also. Nobody has had software issues (unlike the many sony's and Nokias we have all gone through).
3: I travel to very remote places for my business and I have an equivalent signal to my 2nd phone (N95), on the same network.
4: See number 2.

The only way you have managed to bluetooth content must be that u have hacked the device because trust me i work with the thing day in day out and its the biggest issue with the device it cannot send content to any other handset.
You can do it if you jailbreak it but thats the only way.
Well just wait then buddy because the handset will eventually go nuts. Sony Ericison have never made a decent phone without faults. Nokias are very good but have flaws.
Well like i said it does drop signal you must be one of the lucky ones but its the biggest issue with the handset you search on google gurranteed that will come up.
I personally like the blackberry as i have both and i just feel its a better phone but thats my opinon. But i do work with both phones so the bluetooth info i have said is true and you can search and it will come up with the same answer it doesnt work outwith headsets,

its the biggest issue with the device it cannot send content to any other handset.
Do I detect a contradiction here??

Of course it's jailbroken.
Why would you not jailbreak your iphone??
I happily bluetooth content back and forth and have been doing it for months now without trouble. I cant fault my iphone 3gs.

I have been coming across plenty of mini experts online putting it down though.
Although most of the mini experts just work in a mobile phone shop.
Go figure.

The only way you have managed to bluetooth content must be that u have hacked the device because trust me i work with the thing day in day out and its the biggest issue with the device it cannot send content to any other handset.
Well just wait then buddy because the handset will eventually go nuts. Sony Ericison have never made a decent phone without faults. Nokias are very good but have flaws.
Well like i said it does drop signal you must be one of the lucky ones but its the biggest issue with the handset you search on google gurranteed that will come up.
I personally like the blackberry as i have both and i just feel its a better phone but thats my opinon. But i do work with both phones so the bluetooth info i have said is true and you can search and it will come up with the same answer it doesnt work outwith headsets,

I happily bluetooth content back and forth and have been doing it for months now without trouble. I cant fault my iphone 3gs.

Go figure.

just gonna step in before this erupts. lets refrain from handbags eh ladies?

Go figure.
how is it a contradiction lol. The device cannot do it without having to do it. Do you really think i am going to tell customers how to jail break a phone lol. Also i am correct in that its not a feature that comes with the phone. Which it doesnt you need to basically jail break your phone which makes your warranty invalid. If your going to state something please try and get your facts correct the first time.

If i know you can bluetooth the handset by jailbreaking why wouldnt i say that. What i am saying its not a feature you get with the he handset when you buy it. Apple have desgined the handset that way so it cannot be used. If you choose to jail break your phone and invaildate your warranty thats fine. But read what i am saying first and think about it.

I work with the things do you really think i wouldnt know about jailbreaking working with bluetooth hahaha.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Thats me finished anyway jake lol,

Can't bring myself to jailbreaking my iPhone 3GS, voids the warranty doesn't it?

On a more mature and legible note.
Have any Blackberry storm owners here had problems with their handset freezing, delayed touch screen, callers complaining of muffled sound or echos? etc..

I had a quick look around the web to get a few reviews for my nephew and it seems to be suffering from an awful lot of bugs.
I contacted a supplier I know here in Dublin and the return/failure rate is quite high within the Vodafone stores (we are talking almost 70% which is bordering on Sony territory).

We also have to factor in the issue of mobile operator software causing problems with the phone itself.
An example I can give is the sony W380i which was bricked by the Meteor Mobile software and yet it was fine from other vendors.

How are you guys getting along with your Storm??

Anybody know if we have a iPhone support/hints&tips thread? Needing help with my internet settings but can't seem to find the thread. Thanks ;)

Blckberry, more than just a glorified iPod touch with an aerial inside of it. Reliable, and quite sexy.:) also like HTC, but thats another story.

Anybody know if we have a iPhone support/hints&tips thread? Needing help with my internet settings but can't seem to find the thread. Thanks ;)

Nah there isn't one on here, I bet if you looked on the Apple site you might be able to locate your problem?

This is why you should have a Blackberry, no problems ;)

iphone every time.. Most of my mates who have bberry's would probably agree too.

Last edited:
I gotta say BB. iPhone seems very tempermental. Very prone to breaking. Where as ( at least I assume) a BB can stand up to more. But, I wouldn't know I have a Droid. :wub:

Have a Blackberry as work gave me one! I hate the **** thing - not sure if it because i get work emails through, just have to answer them and do some work or the fact that is is Sh!te. Either way i would get a iphone unless you do not want to be a sheep.