Blackburn 3-1 Liverpool

Quality finish by Benjani! That's the old Benjani, finding the goals again :wub:

"Very, very dejected. Poor goals to concede and that put us on the back foot. We were too offensive."

OH **** off.

Blackburn are 3-0 up on MOTD and I've only seen one clip of Liverpool attacking so far. I'd really hate to see Hodgson when he's playing defensive.

Well played although the main talking point is Liverpool's demise tbh. :(

Thanks. I know it wont help, but all the best for the future Liverpool, you need to have a total ovehaul of your squad and try and get back to the famous Liverpool way of playing.

danroan Dan Roan
Hodgson refusal to answer questions on his future in press conference suggests he knows he's reached the end.

Ryan Babel on twitter - * Silence *

He know somethings up

"we were too offensive," Roy just said that

If by that he means we didn't have two banks of four then yes. But I'd say we were more disorganized than offensive.

NEXT PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER TO LEAVE ODDS WITH Victor Chandler – 05/01/2011, click to bet.
Roy Hodgson – 5/4
Avram Grant – 7/2
Mark Hughes – 11/2
Carlo Ancelotti – 5/1
Gerard Houllier – 6/1
Mick McCarthy – 13/2
David Moyes – 8/1
Roberto Martinez – 12/1
Alan Pardew – 16/1
Roberto Mancini – 20/1
Alex McLeish – 20/1

Liverpool and Blackburn fans signing "You'll be sacked in the morning together". No where near all Liverpool allocated tickets sold. He should have done the right thing and resigned after the game.

Last edited:
A depressed Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson refused to answer questions about his future after his side slipped to an embarrassing 3-1 defeat at Blackburn

Two goals from Benjani Mwaruwari, who had not started since Nov 6 and scored once in 12 previous appearances, and Martin Olsson condemned Liverpool to a ninth Barclays Premier League defeat of the season despite an 80th-minute consolation from Steven Gerrard, who missed a late penalty.

The result seems likely to hasten the end of his six-month reign at Anfield, with owners New England Sports Ventures having already begun their search for a replacement.

Hodgson answered just three questions in his post-match press conference, which uncharacteristically for him lasted just over two minutes, and as soon as the subject of his position was broached proceedings were brought to an abrupt halt.

''I am not prepared to talk about that because obviously I am depressed enough with the performance and the result,'' said the 63-year-old.

''I have no comments to make and I have no intention to answer any questions on the subject.''

I'm not watching another Liverpool were Roy is manager.

Hopefully I'll get to watch the next game.

Liverpool and Bolton fans signing "You'll be sacked in the morning together". No where near all Liverpool allocated tickets sold. He should have done the right thing and resigned after the game.

Why were Bolton fans singing that?

One achievement of the evening is that LFC TV dropped thier biased attitude and allowed fans to field thier true feelings instead of not allowing them on as has happened in the past. Although it turned into a Roy Hodgson blood bath with every caller, email and text slamming him.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Why were Bolton fans singing that?

My bad. Blackburn not Bolton.

Anyone going to credit the Rovers for playing attacking wing football? Or beating Liverpool after the ridicule we got in the red tops this week?

No?

Thought not, Liverpool beat themselves 3-1 didn't they?? Woy with a brace!

When you are a mid table team you just have to get used to it. Whenever we used to beat the top sides, it's always that they were terrible, never that the underdog was very good.

For what it's worth, well done Blackburn :)

Thanks. I know it wont help, but all the best for the future Liverpool, you need to have a total ovehaul of your squad and try and get back to the famous Liverpool way of playing.

Cheers mate, this old **** did the same thing at Blackburn, got use relegated when use had a good side and a fair bit of money. Can't ******* wait for him to leave.

KevThompson

@Andrew_Heaton Just got text in that Ayre has just confirmed to v loyal fan (close family friend of ours) that he's gone!