Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K
It's not that, mate, I draw my conclusions at larger context. Instead of interacting people stopped even coming by to drop comments, and it has been a while since any articles picked up even a like which only takes one click.

alot of stories i have seen tend to have silent followers, i understand that it is nice to get feedback, but 99/8% of the time you will only get silent followers. if you ask me, the way you do the articles show other teams as well as your own, its like a tv show - see it from everyones point of view..

if you ask me, you should carry on with it... its one of the only reasons i come on here if im honest.

Hey, I'm not so silent reader and even I forget to click the like button, just continue the story, I'm sure there are many silent readers, this story is a class apart.

I am usually a silent follower, but I am beging you not to stop this awesomeness.

Yeah i agree, even though i hate reading this as a Arsenal fan. :(

#WENGEROUT

It's not that, mate, I draw my conclusions at larger context. Instead of interacting people stopped even coming by to drop comments, and it has been a while since any articles picked up even a like which only takes one click.
Most people only really comment on transfers and the so forth so i find most stories dont get a lot of interest in between when theres not a lot to discuss, keep up with it, would be a shame to stop now,Hope you manage to complete a full season in this style.

This one of the best and most detailed on here, look at your view count not your post likes.

Last edited:
Seriously, this is the best thing I've read on here in ages. I think a lot of people would be disappointed if you stopped here.

Dude, don't stop this. Just look at how many comments that single post got in response. You can't stop writing this, it's (in my opinion, the best story on this site. And that's because of the detail.

Just caught up on the last 4/5 posts. Amazing story, keep it up. And you just have to look at the number of views you're getting.
I think people are too in awe of your concept to do anything but be immersed in the story.

I'm sorry for being away today. Got caught up with a pretty messed up project I was asked to consult for and it kind of swallowed the entire evening (and most of the night) :(

View attachment 450920
View attachment 450919
Premier League 2013/14
Round 10

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the tenth round of the Premier League season! I will be your host after each round of games and Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen will assist me as we provide fresh post-match analysis. We will be focusing on a game or two we pick from the seven clubs we have highlighted this season - usually that will be the contender derbies.
Alan Hansen: We will also show you some interview specials with the managers right after the games, as well as occasional player profiles.
Alan Shearer: And finally, but not at last place, you will be updated with the latest news on injuries, dressing room events or even rumours surrounding your favourite clubs.
Gary Lineker: So are you ready? What really happened in the latest round of world's best league? Here we go...

Chelsea - Hull
5-1
View attachment 450918
Gary Lineker: The match we picked up today saw title chasers Chelsea entertain newly promoted Hull who are also strong favourites for the drop this season. Any hopes for a shock result were quickly banished as just two minutes into the game Eto'o gave the hosts the lead. Chelsea proceeded to dominate in the first half and another Eto'o goal plus a three minute double salvo from Willian and Essien effectively killed the game. Danny Graham pulled one back for Hull but then Eto'o completed his hattrick and a genuine trashing.
Alan Hansen: This game comes to show how big the gap is between the Premier League leading clubs and the Championship. Hull were several levels below and could have conceded even more goals. I don't think they have much of a chance of survival, not with this play. Everything in this Chelsea side oozed class and while the opposition was hardly any challenge they did look like a real title contender here.
Alan Shearer: It is hard to pick a player in a blue shirt who didn't perform but I will still mention Eto'o who was unplayable and got the PoM award. It was top-notch performances for Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry and Cole in defense and Essien, Willian and Mata in midfield.
Gary Lineker: Let's see what the Chelsea manager had to say after the game!

Reporter: You smashed any hopes of your rivals to drop points here. Do you think you made a strong title statement with this win?
Jose Mourinho: The title is one of our main priorities this season and this is no news. If anyone doubts we are going for it he and his club are set for some big disappointment.
Reporter: Eto'o looks like the striker Chelsea have been missing after Drogba moved on. Pundits and fans are already seeing him as instrumental in your bid to win the title?
Jose Mourinho: Some folks had forgotten how good Eto'o is just because he went to play in a different championship that wasn't so media covered. But I know him well and he's been the same class as he was when in Barcelona and Inter when we won the Champions League. People have short memory in football.

Gary Lineker: You can easily guess those who overlooked the chance of grabbing Eto'o on a free will be kicking themselves in anger now. Brilliant move by Mourinho there!
Alan Hansen: Chelsea have put themselves in a nice position to await a slip up by the leading clubs now. It will be interesting if they can keep up the tempo but if the result today doesn't prove they can I don't know what would!
Gary Lineker: What do you have for us in the news and rumours section today, Alan?
Alan Shearer: Reports on Wenger and Rodgers under pressure at Arsenal and Liverpool respectively are growing in force as both teams failed to win yet again. Sandro will be suspended for Spurs after picking up a red card and Younes Kaboul will be out for a month with fractured ribs. Hatem Ben Arfa will be a big miss for Newcastle as he is out for three weeks with a twisted ankle. Iago Aspas should be fine for Liverpool after picking up a knock. Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United walked off their game unscathed by new injuries.

That is all from this edition of Match of the Day! Watch out for the newspaper columns of our regular pundits to find out their take of the games!

Last edited:
View attachment 450905

Missing persons report
Entire Arsenal team mysteriously disappeared

View attachment 450901
Gunners gone missing for over a month

View attachment 450904
By Alan Smith
10:04PM GMT 4 Nov 2013

I found a missing person poster on my door this morning. As a matter of fact a whole bunch of persons. The entire team of Arsenal has gone AWOL. The London police needs to take measures although hopes are slim since it's been over a month since the subject of investigation was last spotted. It was the last day of August when the Gunners defeated Southampton 3-1 at the Emirates and it seems safe to suspect the team was abducted somewhere between the tunnel and the dressing room. As the side we have been watching ever since simply cannot be the same.

View attachment 450899
Players gone AWOL

Think it is harsh? Seven league games have been played since. Arsenal failed to win a single one of them, and didn't score in six. Wenger went out of explanations during this terrible run of form. It was the fixture list first, facing Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea and Manchester United in a row. Then it was the Olivier Giroud injury. But the manager has shielded the players long enough. They must come out and admit they have been poor. Literally rubbish. Three points in seven games is relegation form - quite a bit away from our title aspirations when the season began, no?

View attachment 450898
Do we want to see this in May?

Something must be done to stress those players back to their former selves. Otherwise we may find not only our top four status is under threat, but our very survival in the Premier League. Think it is harsh? What if we fail to win the forthcoming games against Crystal Palace, Cardiff, Everton and Hull?

Tottenham lack the required discipline to return in Champions League
Buying big not enough if the players don't act responsively

View attachment 450896
David Pleat
The Guardian
, Monday 4 November 2013

Tottenham made a promising start to the season but have been on the slide since early October. A draw and three losses in the last four Premier League games put our Champions League aspirations to halt. The most common reason we've been quoted for this is the big influx of new players which unsettled the team. While this is a factor I think it is so widely publicized now it is deflecting attention from other equally important problems.

View attachment 450892
Red card at Villa shows poor discipline

Discipline to name but one. Andre Villas-Boas is failing to make his players execute their orders on the pitch in a calm fashion and emotions tend to get the upper hand on some of them in key moments which turn the games around. Let's take our last match as an example. We lead at the break. Aston Villa come back storming with an equalizer. What do we do? Instead of strangling the enthusiasm by slowing down play and gradually putting pressure back on the hosts we crumble. Sandro gets sent off for a stupid tackle. What do we do then? Instead of standing firm we immediately concede a second goal, which effectively turns out the winner for Villa.

View attachment 450891
Nervousness crippling in on Spurs

All this is not typical of an established Premier League top team. Nervousness when things are not going our way is a worrying trend which suggests we are walking backwards at the moment. I'd like to see AVB turn it around although the signs are not promising.​

Simon Pegg @simonpegg what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-----i------ue 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#CFC - Zenit 3-1
Hazard (2), Mata (36), Willian (83); Lazovic (69)

Expand

Liam Gallagher @liamgallagher what a tool @ Marseilles can you--iiiiiiiiiiiiiii 1m

#ChampionsLeague
#mcfc - Ludogorets 2-0
Dzeko (1), Lucas Leiva (21)
Joe Hart out with concussion
LGx

Expand

Hugh Laurie @hughlaurie what a tool @ Marseilles can yo-----i-------ue 1m

Champions League
Arsenal - Celtic 1-0
Walcott (42); MacPherson sent off (31)

Expand

Back