Blasphemy! Seven clubs lock horns for the title after sir Alex Ferguson's retirement!

• Thread starter Thread starter KevinHann
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 373K

Phil Collins @PhilCollinsFeed what a tool @ Marseilles can -u-----------e 1m

#EuropaLeague
Dinamo Zagreb - #THFC 0-4
Sandro (17), Soldado (pen 33), Lennon (59), Sigurdsson (82)

Expand

View attachment 450873

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Megan Fox

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on American actress, model and Manchester United fan Megan Fox. She emerged to stardom after starring in Transformers. Fox is also considered one of the modern female *** symbols and has appeared in magazines such as Maxim, Rolling Stone and FHM.

View attachment 450872
Lawro vs Manchester United fan Megan

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Manchester City - Stoke
Megan Fox: The lesser side of Manchester is still too good for Stoke at home. 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: The Citizens should be able to win this comfortably. 4-1.

Hull - Newcastle
Megan Fox: It's time for us to go top of the table. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I've been anticipating a wrong step from the Magpies for a while but after watching Hull against Chelsea I don't think they can pull any miracle here. 0-4.

Crystal Palace - Arsenal
Megan Fox: Hmm Arsenal are fighting relegation, no? 2-1.
Mark Lawrenson: The Gunners have been disastrous recently and I don't think they will recover soon but they shouldn't lose here. 1-1.

Fulham - Liverpool
Megan Fox: Another relegation team in Liverpool, ha-ha. 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: The Cottagers have enjoyed enough of early success but it is time to start sliding down the table. I heard Berbatov might be a doubt for this game so I will go with the visitors here. 1-2.

Cardiff - Manchester United

Megan Fox: Easy routine win. 0-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I will go for the same score in this game. 0-2.

Tottenham - Swansea
Megan Fox: These should be even. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Both sides played Europa League games so none has the advantage in terms of fatigue but I still think Spurs will react after their recent poor form. 2-1.

Everton - Chelsea
Megan Fox: Another draw here. 2-2.
Mark Lawrenson: Chelsea are hardly going to be stopped by the Toffees as they have their eyes set on the top of the table. 1-3.

Last week, Lawro got three results right, with no perfect scores. His score of 3 was not good enough to beat the predictions of Tottenham fan Darcey Bussell, who managed six correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Ten
Lawro: 34
Guests: 32

Piers Morgan @piersmorgan what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie 1m

I watch this **** and can't help but ask who is #Arsenal and who is #CPFC

Expand

Megan Fox @meganfox what a tool @ Marseilles can youiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii--ii---iii-e 1m

That's the worst time for Fletcher to get a red card #mufc #CCFC

Expand

View attachment 450856
Premier League
Round 11

Saturday 9th November 2013:

Manchester City - Stoke 0-0
View attachment 450855View attachment 450854

Hull - Newcastle 0-4
Donovan (19, 27, pen 64), Cisse (37)
View attachment 450853View attachment 450852

Crystal Palace - Arsenal 4-2
Jedinak (4), Vermaelen o.g. (22), Williams (49), Chamakh (50), Moxey sent off (62);
Vermaelen (10), Ozil (81)

View attachment 450851View attachment 450850

Fulham - Liverpool 0-3
Agger (80), Yesil (85), Jose Enrique (89)

View attachment 450849View attachment 450848

Sunday 10th November 2013:

Cardiff - Manchester United 1-3
Kim Bo-Kyung (69); Nani (7), Hernandez (36, 41), Fletcher sent off (76)
View attachment 450847View attachment 450846

Tottenham - Swansea 2-0
Lennon (48), Defoe (85)
View attachment 450845View attachment 450844

Monday 11th November 2013:

Everton - Chelsea 1-2
Deulofeu (54);
Hazard (39), Mata (42)
View attachment 450843View attachment 450842

League Table:

View attachment 450841

Stay with Match of the Day for pundit analysis, manager interview specials and many more!

love it man!!!
awesome story !

keep it up!

PS- though I need to add I'm hating to see Liverpool this way :P

see - told you people like this story and want you to carry on with it :)

View attachment 450835
View attachment 450834
Premier League 2013/14
Round 11

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the eleventh round of the Premier League season! I will be your host after each round of games and Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen will assist me as we provide fresh post-match analysis. We will be focusing on a game or two we pick from the seven clubs we have highlighted this season - usually that will be the contender derbies.
Alan Hansen: We will also show you some interview specials with the managers right after the games, as well as occasional player profiles.
Alan Shearer: And finally, but not at last place, you will be updated with the latest news on injuries, dressing room events or even rumours surrounding your favourite clubs.
Gary Lineker: So are you ready? What really happened in the latest round of world's best league? Here we go...

Crystal Palace - Arsenal
4-2

View attachment 450833
Gary Lineker: The match we picked up today saw struggling Arsenal visit newly promoted Crystal Palace in a desperate bid to pick up first league win since August. The signs were visible this wasn't on the cards though as Jedinak gave Palace an early lead. Captain Vermaelen quickly equalized for the Gunners but walked the path from hero to zero in less than ten minutes as his own goal put the hosts ahead again. This wasn't enough misery for Arsenal though because Palace came at them in the second half, too, and extended their lead beyond reach in just a couple of minutes as Williams and Chamakh (of all people) scored. It will remain a mystery how bad this afternoon would have been for the visitors if Moxey hadn't picked a second yellow just after the hour mark. Even facing ten men wasn't enough for Arsenal to realize any comeback though and they barely got one more goal back thanks to Ozil.
Alan Hansen: Arsenal were heavily criticized for lacking sharpness in front of goal recently although this game showed there is much more to be desired in defense, too. I thought they were all over the place and every time Palace went forward they looked like scoring. I really think the red card spared one of the worst results the Gunners have suffered for a long, long time.
Alan Shearer: Mesut Ozil was the only Arsenal player who wanted to do something positive on that pitch. He created a goal and scored another himself. Sadly his performance wasn't backed by anybody else. Sagna, Koscielny and Monreal were awful in defense.
Gary Lineker: Let's see what the Arsenal manager had to say after the game!

Reporter: Arsenal supporters made their frustration known by tweeting how they thought your team must have changed shirts with the hosts before the game. What happened with the beautiful football we're used to associate with your team, Mr. Wenger?
Arsene Wenger: We are at a hard place and that's been going for some time now. I respect the opinion of the fans and understand their frustration. I can assure them we are working towards what they want to see.
Reporter: It doesn't seem like there is improvement though. Your attack is still misfiring but defense is looking pretty bad, too.
Arsene Wenger: You don't think that's what I'm asking the players to do, right? Come out and let in four goals... We will have a serious chat on the training ground and make sure everybody understands where they are and what shirt they are pulling on in the next game.

Gary Lineker: I don't know about the club but he is certainly at a hard place right now. As patient as the board has been with Wenger, I don't think that mutual respect and gratitude will save him if Champions League position becomes under threat.
Alan Hansen: The way Arsenal are playing right now top four is completely out of the question. They need to stabilize in the middle of the table first as they look like relegation bound team at the minute.
Gary Lineker: What do you have for us in the news and rumours section today, Alan?
Alan Shearer: Wenger is now under serious pressure while Rodgers got a slight breath after the fortunate win over Fulham. Manchester City will be relieved winger Navas was passed fit after picking up a knock. Darren Fletcher is facing suspension after being sent off for Manchester United. There weren't any fresh injuries for any of the title contenders.

That is all from this edition of Match of the Day! Watch out for the newspaper columns of our regular pundits to find out their take of the games!

Improved Chelsea earning title contender strides
-
By Ray Wilkins | Last Updated: November 11, 2013 11:24pm

View attachment 450805
Chelsea on a great run of form
Chelsea are now living up to title contender tag, says Ray Wilkins.

My early criticism of Chelsea needs revisiting after the Blues hit the road running in recent games. The team got the right attitude and seems to be brimming with confidence now. Mourinho had some early problems to fix but that was always going to happen as there is inevitably rust to shake off when you've been away from this competition for so long.

View attachment 450802
Some games will see Chelsea sweat

The game today was a much different test. Going to Goodison when Everton are clearly struggling in the league and desperate for points and walking off with three points with such ease after the hosts got a goal back with nearly an entire half to play shows tremendous character. There will be such games when you need to dig in and handle the pressure against weaker teams who simply can't afford to lose. Breaking these teams down with a third goal isn't always going to happen and then you need to produce a defensive effort which we did.

View attachment 450803
More Blues is what this league needs

I believe Mourinho deserves credit for what he did with this team - it is now closer to a Mourinho team and no matter whether you love it or hate it you must admit it is what this league needs and what is needed to win this league.​

Lee Dixon: Citizens cannot afford to lose momentum
View attachment 450797
LEE DIXON Monday 11 November 2013
Manchester City are on an impressive run of clean sheets but saw their winning record come to an end in a goalless draw against Stoke at the Etihad. Pellegrini was quick to explain this was a freak result and the fans should remain as confident the team will bounce straight back with another win. A quick look at the league table suggests they'd better do just so!

View attachment 450796
Pellegrini upset at draw but still upbeat

City are now eight points behind league leaders Newcastle and Manchester United and while this isn't a major reason to worry any further slip ups will damage the title ambitions too much before entering the crucial festive period. Pellegrini is obviously banking on the squad width in hope it will allow his team to rack up more points while teams of lesser depth like Newcastle are way more likely to suffer from the congested fixture list.

View attachment 450798
Citizens running on a rope now

In order to take advantage of this though we need to stay close come December. Because let's be honest here, winning six out of eleven games isn't title winning form and we may soon find ourselves dependent on other club results which we all want to avoid!

View attachment 450795

Premier League predictions: Lawro v Samuel Jackson

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.

This week he takes on American film and television actor and film producer, as well as Liverpool fan Samuel Jackson. Jackson's many roles have made him one of the highest-grossing actors at the box office. He has won multiple awards throughout his career and has been portrayed in various forms of media, including films, television series, and songs.

View attachment 450788
Lawro vs Liverpool fan Samuel

A correct result is worth ONE point. A correct score earns THREE points.

Chelsea - Fulham
Samuel Jackson: This is a London derby, isn't it? Draw then. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Even though both clubs are pretty well positioned at the moment I expect Chelsea to stay there and the Cottagers to slide down, beginning this weekend. 2-0.

Arsenal - Cardiff
Samuel Jackson: Arsenal have too much quality to keep performing like this. 2-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I'm not sure the Gunners will enjoy an easy win here. They will need to dig in to get three points over the line but if they don't it will be a surprise. 1-0.

Manchester United - Hull
Samuel Jackson: The gap between Manchester United and Liverpool needs to shrink and this is a good week for that to begin. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: No sentimental feelings here and the Red Devils will smash Steve Bruce. 3-0.

Southampton - Manchester City
Samuel Jackson: City are pretty good nowadays, aren't they? 0-2.
Mark Lawrenson: I haven't predicted a surprise result yet and this might be just one. 1-1.

Newcastle - Everton

Samuel Jackson: Even game here. 1-1.
Mark Lawrenson: Once again I just don't feel like predicting Newcastle will crumble in a home game. 2-0.

Stoke - Tottenham
Samuel Jackson: This has draw all over it. 0-0.
Mark Lawrenson: I am afraid Spurs fans aren't going to come off this game in a happy mood. 1-0.

Liverpool - Sunderland
Samuel Jackson: We are on the rise and will rip some cats open. 3-0.
Mark Lawrenson: Can't see past Liverpool in this one. They got momentum after beating Fulham, it's a home game and it's Sunderland. 2-0.

Last week, Lawro got five results right, with one perfect score. His score of 7 was good enough to beat the predictions of Manchester United fan Megan Fox, who managed two correct results with no perfect scores.

Total scores after Week Eleven
Lawro: 41
Guests: 34

Samuel L. Jackson @SamuelLJackson what a tool @ Marseilles can youe 1m

Come on #liverpool just one goal down with entire half to play #SAFC

Expand

View attachment 450741
Premier League
Round 12

Saturday 23rd November 2013:

Chelsea - Fulham 1-0
Cole (pen 21);
Briggs sent off (48)
View attachment 450740View attachment 450739

Arsenal - Cardiff 2-0
Hudson o.g. (40), Sagna (87)
View attachment 450738View attachment 450737

Manchester United - Hull 3-0
Nani (39), Fellaini (60), Hernandez (73)

View attachment 450736View attachment 450735

Southampton - Manchester City 1-0
Lambert (31)

View attachment 450734View attachment 450733

Sunday 24th November 2013:

Newcastle - Everton 2-0
Remy (4), Cisse (70)
View attachment 450732View attachment 450731

Stoke - Tottenham 0-4
Soldado (16, 51), Eriksen (62), Sigurdsson (77)
View attachment 450728View attachment 450727

Monday 25th November 2013:

Liverpool - Sunderland 0-1
Dossena (46)

View attachment 450720View attachment 450719

League Table:

View attachment 450718

Stay with Match of the Day for pundit analysis, manager interview specials and many more!

View attachment 450715
View attachment 450714
Premier League 2013/14
Round 12

Gary Lineker: Good evening and welcome to Match of the Day for our thoughts on the twelfth round of the Premier League season! I will be your host after each round of games and Alan Shearer and Alan Hansen will assist me as we provide fresh post-match analysis. We will be focusing on a game or two we pick from the seven clubs we have highlighted this season - usually that will be the contender derbies.
Alan Hansen: We will also show you some interview specials with the managers right after the games, as well as occasional player profiles.
Alan Shearer: And finally, but not at last place, you will be updated with the latest news on injuries, dressing room events or even rumours surrounding your favourite clubs.
Gary Lineker: So are you ready? What really happened in the latest round of world's best league? Here we go...

Newcastle - Everton
2-0

View attachment 450713
Gary Lineker: The match we picked up today saw league leaders Newcastle welcome struggling Everton in a bid to extend their surprise stay at the very summit of the Premier League. The Magpies needed a strong start to this game and strong start is what they got when on-loan striker Loic Remy fired the ball home with just four minutes gone. The Toffees were unable to produce any real threat and Cisse sealed the win for Newcastle in the second half.
Alan Hansen: Newcastle suffered some criticism for their poor defending but they have improved in that aspect of the game as Everton didn't really threaten them even when they were pushing for an equalizer in a direct way. This is I think the third clean sheet the Magpies registered in a row and it might actually be a hint they are serious about challenging for top four or even the title.
Alan Shearer: Leighton Baines was taunted by Everton manager Martinez but came back to haunt his ex team by creating a goal and picking up the PoM award. There were strong defensive performances by the partnership of Yanga-Mbiwa and Balanta and of course the scorers Remy and Cisse looked sharp up front and deserve a mention here.
Gary Lineker: Let's see what the Newcastle manager had to say after the game!

Reporter: You backed Roberto Martinez before this game but you completely shut his Everton side out of the game and rumors about his impending sack might now materialize. Do you still think he is the man to bring the Toffees forward?
Dimiter Hristov: I know a lot of people are saying "What has he done but fight relegation and ultimately fail at it with Wigan?" but Roberto is a quality manager. He impresses me all the time with his tremendously positive approach to any aspect of management and deserves this job. Of course that decision belongs to the Everton board but I would be sad to see him go if that was the case. As for the game today... bigger clubs than Everton have found it hard to take anything off Newcastle this season.
Reporter: Your squad has been relatively unscathed by injuries so far but they are beginning to pile up recently. Do you think you will be able to maintain this run if you lose several more during the festive period?
Dimiter Hristov: I have one eye on that as the club has suffered greatly from injuries throughout its recent history. Beyond managing the playing time of all your players and doing your best to preserve them when they pick up a knock there's not much you can do though. But we made sure we have enough depth in the summer window so I am confident we can survive missing two or three of our best players.

Gary Lineker: It's good to see Hristov trying to establish some positive connections with other managers although he should bear in mind he's hardly in a position of authority to speak on this subject.
Alan Hansen: He is trying to be optimistic regarding injuries but we are yet to see how he can handle having half a team out as some of his predecessors were forced to. Depth or no depth Newcastle are largely dependent on staying injury free.
Gary Lineker: What do you have for us in the news and rumours section today, Alan?
Alan Shearer: Rodgers is now under serious pressure while Wenger got a slight breath after the fortunate win over Cardiff - he has to thank the visitors for not managing a shot on target considering his defense! Pressure is growing for Roberto Martinez at Everton, too. Hristov will be relieved Tiote came unharmed after picking up a knock in the Everton game. The same goes for Kyle Naughton who was an injury doubt for Tottenham. Oscar wasn't so lucky though and Chelsea lost him for the next two weeks to a twisted ankle. There weren't any fresh injuries for any of the title contenders.

That is all from this edition of Match of the Day! Watch out for the newspaper columns of our regular pundits to find out their take of the games!

love how your off the wall tac is keeping the toon going well done mate awsome read keep it up

love how your off the wall tac is keeping the toon going well done mate awsome read keep it up

The pundits are right though, injuries have spared me so far. Had Tiote's knock resulted in an injury I'd have been left with no cover for the midfield duo.

Everton Football Club would like to announce the departure of manager Roberto Marinez. The club's poor league position triggered this hard decision, according to Everton President Bill Kenwright. Roberto Martinez had been at the club since June 2013, having previously managed Wigan. During his time with Wigan, Martinez lifted the English FA Cup in 2013 although at the expense of relegation from the English Premier League in the same season. Everton are currently in 19th place after losing three of the last five league games.

View attachment 450688
Martinez becomes first manager to get the sack this season

Speculation is heating up as to who will be Martinez's replacement at Goodison Park, with Cardiff manager Malky Mackay the most likely candidate after expressing his interest in the job publicly. It's possible that Martin O'Neill, Ian Holloway and Brian McDermott could also be in contention for the vacancy.

Odds for next Everton manager:
3-1 Malky Mackay
3-1 Martin O'Neill
6-1 Ian Holloway

Odds for next manager to get the sack:
4-5 Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool)
4-5 Sam Allardyce (West Ham)
6-4 Martin Jol (Fulham)

Hristov pens strange new contract with Newcastle

November, 2013

By Kevin Keegan

A day after seeing his latest win cost the job of the manager he publicly defended, Hristov signed a new deal with the club and will remain Newcastle United manager... until the end of 2014. Sources at the club are suggesting Mike Ashley was impressed with the mindblowing start of the season and expressed a desire to open contract negotiations but the outcome is even more baffling than handling eight year deals to the previous crew.

View attachment 450683
Hristov signs mysterious new contract

Little is known about why the club was unable to secure Hristov for a longer term if that was the desire of the owner but while some of the details of those negotiations will remain a mystery others have been leaked to the press. Apparently a possible title challenge was discussed in a private meeting between Hristov and Ashley although a decision was made such pressure was not necessary at such an early stage of the season. The Bulgarian also asked for a new feeder club but this was quickly turned down. In the end of the day Hristov took a pay-rise although that figure is understood to be lesser than the first offer on the table.

View attachment 450682
Should Magpies sign this striker?

What Hristov achieved in these negotiations though is fresh funds for the January transfer window. Mike Ashley agreed to increase the current wage budget which if adjusted to transfer budget would result in approximately 8 million pounds to spend. It is understood Hristov wanted to make sure cash would be released in case on-loan striker Loic Remy has to be signed on a permanent basis. Remy has a 6 million pounds clause in his loan contract.

POLL:
Do you think Newcastle should sign Loic Remy in January?
- Yes (0 votes, 0%)
- Sign another player - who or what position? (0 votes, 0%)
- Don't spend more cash, please! (0 votes, 0%)

Back