it could be that your defenders have a high rating for dirtiness in their hidden attributes. in any case, try changing them from stoppers to defend duty, see how that works for you

Just played my next game against Cowdenbeath and only won 1-0 using this tactic despite having so much posseassion and shots on target. With the squad i have (Most of it is good enough) for the english championship. I should be destroying these teams.

just a heads up for who's interested, no-exploit tactic coming soon ;)

it could be that your defenders have a high rating for dirtiness in their hidden attributes. in any case, try changing them from stoppers to defend duty, see how that works for you
Would you say then that your V2 is best used with or without OI? Also, am I correct in assuming that the original is to be used away still?

60 games unbeaten run in the league with this tactic after losing the first 2 games. Sometimes a little bit of patience is all you need.

I've been in love with 4-3-3 for a while and have enjoyed great success with all my teams. Suddenly the results are getting worse. Tonight I will be online with a friend of mine. My team is Ipswich. We lost 3-0 away to Chelsea in the PL. Maybe not a big shame but we have had some other bad results too. Still in the top 4 though. Our first game is Chelsea again. This time home in the CL first leg. Im seriously considering 4-4-2. We never had a chance when we lost 3-0. Would be great to beat Chelsea in the CL semifinals. My biggest fear is to be knocked out of the CL and then get a 5th place in the PL.

I believe that this 4-4-2 tactic might be the one. Maybe not the best time to try something new but I think that I have no other choice. 4-3-3 might be dead and buried for me.

Your 4-4-2 home and then maybe your 4-5-1 away to Chelsea? I will wait until the next preseason before I give your 3-4-3 a shot.

Last edited:
I just start a new game with a greek amateur club (we have a stadium of 200 seats:p). Media prediction is 9th of total 10 team. I will let you know how it will go.View attachment 220771
first match seems promising:)

Last edited:
Thank you GodBluthJD for your amazing tactics. We almost make the miracle. Mayebe the problem was that even in the end of season (bcs of amateur status the tactic isn't fluid). But we played good and we lost the champion (and the promotion to a semi-pro league) from a game like that...
View attachment 220742
View attachment 220740
View attachment 220739
conclusion: amazing "non just for barca" tactic...

Does the tactic in the OP have the short corner routine in it? I can't tell (I'm new to FM15 - tried to avoid it, to get my life back - but eventually succumbed!!).

I have noticed a few short corner goals, but don't know if this is coincidence?

Cheers and great tactic/contributions from all...

(my first post on FM Base)

Fantastic tactics. I use this in slot one, slot 2 has this with the wider men pushed into wingers roles, then your 4-4-1-1 with the winger thing again to make a 4-2-3-1. Won everything with United and domestic treble with Aberdeen. Thanks again bud.

Here are some of Ipswich's results from the end of the 2019/20 season. The CL semifinal home to Chelsea was the first match with this tactic.

View attachment 220644View attachment 220642View attachment 220641View attachment 220637View attachment 220636

Nice to beat Chelsea 3-1 at home. Lucky to only loose 2-1 away. We qualified for the CL final anyway. Sad to loose to Liverpool but great to be in our first ever CL final! Maybe it was a gamble to use this tactic this late in the season. I will now look forward to the next season and I hope that a good pre-season will do wonders to my team with this tactic.

Here is my best 11 for the coming season. Just bought Pione Sisto for £27 mill from Man.City. Hopefully he will do great on the right hand side. Any thoughts about my team? I want to win the PL soon. Positions so far: 10-5-5-2-3.

View attachment 220634View attachment 220633

Last edited:
Does the tactic in the OP have the short corner routine in it?
as far as i know it doesn't. if u want version with short corner routine and corner exploit with PPM Possesses Long Flat Throw - i made one. corner routine in it is a copy from TFF Predator.

as far as i know it doesn't. if u want version with short corner routine and corner exploit with PPM Possesses Long Flat Throw - i made one. corner routine in it is a copy from TFF Predator.

I think that it has the short corner routine but I changed it to near post. Correct me if Im wrong.

This is great news - can't test as I'm at work - but in your experience does it improve an already ridiculously good tactic?