Ok guys, so after tweaking and tweaking until I nearly lost my team cohesion this is the best I can come up with for a nice and stable home version. currently trying out some away versions, although to be fair GobBluthJD's original does pretty well in away matches.
View attachment 959144View attachment 959147View attachment 959151View attachment 959156 View attachment 959177View attachment 959181
almost all my losses/draws came through trying out new shapes/instructions so I'll wait for next season's results to give you a better account of the tactic's performance;
my players are pretty good tbh, so you be the judge if this is overachievement or not
View attachment 959185View attachment 959159View attachment 959161View attachment 959164View attachment 959166View attachment 959169View attachment 959173View attachment 959176

Important!
- if your DM is not creative or has poor vision/passing/decisions, replace 'more direct passes' with 'pass it shorter' in player instructions.
- this is a mild attacking version with the fullbacks covering dangerous counters, for full gung-ho switch their role to wing backs(automatic) and mentality to standard but be prepared to concede more
- i have left the wingers with no player instructions as this way they are more free to confuse the opposition by either cutting inside or playing out wide (if you have players who can play with both feet on AMR/AML you'll be rocking it), plus the 2 forwards already cover a great deal of defensive work anyway
- key positions to have good players in: fullbacks, center mid, wingers (for obvious reasons aye :p)

DOWNLOAD link: https://www.mediafire.com/?dw2xxi1tjtab68t

V2 is this one

Is worth upgrading from v1 with defensive tweak's to this?

it all depends on your team's situation.
are you the underdog in most matches? are your wingers better crossers than finishers? your DM is more destructive than creative? use the defensive V1. for the opposite scenario, use V2 which is a more balanced version that allows you to start against any opposition, and then depending on how your team is doing in the game you can then decide if you need to defend or attack more, in which case you can switch your fullbacks to wingbacks.
BTW, I used the tactic with the OI's you reccomended (all set on weaker foot) and in 6 months I have conceded 6 goals in the league, although attack has suffered a bit as well. so, i guess that would be a perfect fit for underdog away version ;)

thinking of starting a new save with forest (predicted to finish 8th in the championship), loading the squad up with kids and giving the tactics a proper test. anyone have any objections? :D

it all depends on your team's situation.
are you the underdog in most matches? are your wingers better crossers than finishers? your DM is more destructive than creative? use the defensive V1. for the opposite scenario, use V2 which is a more balanced version that allows you to start against any opposition, and then depending on how your team is doing in the game you can then decide if you need to defend or attack more, in which case you can switch your fullbacks to wingbacks.
BTW, I used the tactic with the OI's you reccomended (all set on weaker foot) and in 6 months I have conceded 6 goals in the league, although attack has suffered a bit as well. so, i guess that would be a perfect fit for underdog away version ;)

I think I got the idea from someone on here and just tested further. Sorry to who it was...but thanks as I'm now cleaning up the league.
I'll give the v2 a go and keep the def v1 as an away tactic I think.

thinking of starting a new save with forest (predicted to finish 8th in the championship), loading the squad up with kids and giving the tactics a proper test. anyone have any objections? :D

Go for it! I'm testing a tweak of your tweak and it's working great, so test on :p

tweak inception :D

Is a new tweak coming? My finger is hovering over the mouse button about to click a new game to play with unpolishable **** that is Rochdale fc...
I'll wait coiled like a spring if a new one is out soon

Been looking at this thread tonight. Gonna try this tactic for my Hibs side in my first season. I've won every game so far using normal tactics but i'm also conceding a lot of goals and having a **** load on target in which shots won't go in.

I can post my team up and my results up for advice.

Could you make a topic with detailed instruction how to set up squad against strong and weaker rival, what are the main attributes for every position and how to polish pros and cons of every player according to tactic approach?

Played my first 2 games since using this tactic and won them both.

First game was against Hearts and won 2-1. My match stats were

Hibs:
Shots - 31
On Target - 12
Fouls - 15
Yellow Cards - 5
Possession - 56%

Hearts:
Shots - 3
On Target - 1
Fouls - 18
Yellow Cards - 3
Possession 44%

and i got my defender sent off. What was i doing wrong here. So many shots on target yet couldn't score. They have 1 shot on target and they score and play like Barcelona after that.

The 2nd match was against Falkirk in the League Cup QF. Where i won 3-1.

Here are my match stats for tat game:
Hibs:
Shots - 28
On Target - 11
Fouls - 17
Yellow Cards - 3
Possession - 53%

Falkirk:
Shots - 10
On Target - 5
Fouls - 15
Yellow Cards - 0
Possession - 47%

and again i got my another defender sent off. I don't what i'm doing here. The tactic is winning me games but i should be destroying teams in this league with my squad. I've tried a few tactics on here and nothing's working so far. Really feel like quitting this game.

it could be that your defenders have a high rating for dirtiness in their hidden attributes. in any case, try changing them from stoppers to defend duty, see how that works for you