Bodell

Reaction score
Herro, well basically my intention was to just make a tactic for when I start travelling around the championship, I wasn't going to upload it onto FM-BASE, but after to sucessfull campaigns as the Reading & Leicester manager, I though I might as well just upload it.

It got me two promotions, Leicester via the play-offs, and Reading in 2nd place. It's a simple 4-5-1 tactic, with the lone striker as a poacher, which on my two saves were, Vassel & Shane Long.

The Formation

View attachment 121364

As you can see, It's a simple 4-5-1 tactic, with Shane Long playing as the poacher, and also with Kebe & McAnuff playing as the wingers. My wingers for probably the most prolific, with Kebe scoring a total of 21 goals in 39 appearances in the league.

View attachment 121365

I went for a fluid, attacking style of play, with short passing and a quick tempo, due to the pace of my team, Kebe and McAnuff really teared teams to shreds.

View attachment 121366

Roles and Duties

GK - Goalkeeper - Defend.
LB - Full Black - Automatic
CB - Central Defender - Defend
CB - Central Defender - Defend
RB - Full Back - Automatic

DM - Deep Lying Playmaker - Defend. Which in this case was Juande, who I singed for around 800k from Betic, due to Reading's lack of talent there.

CML - Central Midfielder - Attack
CMR - Central Midfielder - Support

Attacking Left - Winger - Attack
Attacking Right - Winger - Attack

Striker - Poacher - Attack.

Best performers.

I thought my whole team were good through out the season, and probably should of won the league if it wasn't for the over-rated Forest.

Jimmy Kebe was the outstanding performer, he played so well during the season he had Aston Villa trying to sign him. He also had a small stat imrpovement, which seen his pace go upto 20, which off course made him lethal.

View attachment 121367

Just behind Kebe, was my lone striker Shane Long, he hasn't got the best attributes, but with his pace he gets a lot of goals, I was swapping him between Complete Foward and Poacher, which worked really well, and seen him get a total of 18 goals in 35 apps.

View attachment 121370

Tweaking
Obviously depending on what team you're planning on using this with, you may want to tweak a few things, I'm not promosing wonders with this tactic, but it's worked well for me with Leicester & Reading.

Please, if you're going to give feedback, make sure It's constructive, due to my lack of experience of making tactics.

Here's just a few victory's which I had using my tactic.
View attachment 121375
View attachment 121373
View attachment 121374
View attachment 121376
View attachment 121382
League Table
View attachment 121377

not the best of results I know, but hey I got promoted that's all that matters.

And, and I said this tactic might not work wonders for you, but please give me some feedback if possible.

Just let me know if you want anymore screenshots, and I'll provide them, thanks.

Bodell. :wub:

Downoad here.

Last edited:
Looks a very good tactic, it has a good layout as well. I may try this and may i ask who you signed for Leicester ?

Good job mate, about to start a championship save so ill try this out !

Looks a very good tactic, it has a good layout as well. I may try this and may i ask who you signed for Leicester ?

Jamie McAllister from Bristol City
Adam Hammil from Barnsley
Chris Eagles - Burnley
Sean Morrison - Swindon
Henri Lansbury - Arsenal
Leigh Griffiths - Dundee
Aron Gunnarson - Coventry
Jay DeMerit - Free.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Good job mate, about to start a championship save so ill try this out !

may give it a whirl

As soon as I figure out where you can download it from, for some reason I can't find where to upload onto base.

Looks impressive. I'm a fan of Championship saves so will give this a test ;)

Looks impressive. I'm a fan of Championship saves so will give this a test ;)

Cheers mate, let me know what team you're going to be, and then give me some feedback.

I'm hoping this works well for others as it did for me :)

I just started a Leicester save yesterday so i'll tell ya how it goes mate

I just started a Leicester save yesterday so i'll tell ya how it goes mate

Make sure you don't just chuck it on and expect it to work, make sure they're practising the tactic in match preparation, and playing is pre-season :)

Any team you had in mind Bodell?

It's up to you, It's your save mate ;)

Just to add, please don't download the tactic without giving feedback, whether It's working or not I'd like to know if there can be any improvements, and I shall try and make them.

First two games;

Huddersfield 2-5 Leicester
MK Dons 0-3 Leicester