bornexplorer88's Chairman Game (v2) (not run by borne)

CNN live
The Stoke City club was bought by a man called Riccardo Pocci tonight. Many fans were very surprised that the Italian businessman took over the club. Many fans were unhappy with a foreigner from rival Italy to buy their beloved club but some were made happy by his recent statements:
"I believe that our club tradition will be enough to save us from the defeat called relegation. Many of you said that I am the wrong man because of my nationality but I am the only one who wanted and will invest in the clubs growth so I tell to those people that I couldn't give less *****. Thanks for listening."
Well those are brave words from our new Stoke chairman. Bye from Jimmy Taylor, CNN
ebd31bcc0c9e4e6df587eb2b06d2abe3.jpg

Last edited:
50568f4095d686d52afc7322a5800e3d.jpg
Interview with riccardo pocci
BBC: how do you feel about the current situation of your club?
Pocci; well stoke has not been doing well but I hope that during the summer I can fix our deficit and bring in a young squad. I hope that I will be able to sign talented championship players
BBC; So you seem secure that you won't get relegated?
Pocci; I never said that I sure hope we will reach safety but now there is nothing I can do with my deficit except praying for the best.
BBC; you are one of the main leaders on the Italian shoelaces industry do you think that sponsor using Stoke will help your business?
Pocci; well I of course I thought about it (whispers to his assistant to sponsorise Stoke) yep I did it
BBC well thanks for having us here see you next time bye
Pocci; bye
5bf0f56cefeeed0d6892a703aece490b.jpg

POCCI SHOELACES CAUSE IT CANNOT GET ANY BETTER

Last edited:
Busy January at the KC Stadium

View attachment 281500

Busy transfer window as Hull continue decent form.
In a surprisingly active January transfer window, there were several players leaving as well as arriving at the KC Stadium. Chairman Chris Kamara announced the following departures:

View attachment 281496 View attachment 281494 View attachment 281493 View attachment 281491 View attachment 281490 View attachment 281489

David Meyler: Joins relegation candidates Stoke for a fee thought to be around £4M
Abel Hernandez: Joins Aston Villa for a sum of around £7M
Paul McShane: The veteran was allowed to join promotion candidates Nottingham Forest for a symbolic sum.
Yannick Sagbo: The forward joins Wolves now for a marginal sum. His contract was up at the end of the season.
Andrew Robertson: The talented full back awoke the interest of the champions, Man City. A deal thought to be around £7M. The deal also sees ***** Caballero join the club permanently at the end of his loan.
Liam Rosenior: The full-back was also on an expiring contract, and was allowed to join Sunderland.

The following players were signed during January by Hull City:

View attachment 281487 View attachment 281482 View attachment 281481 View attachment 281480 View attachment 281479 View attachment 281478

Ruben Neves: A youth sensation that joins Hull from FC Porto. At only 17 years of age, Neves is already an established player. He should be a dominating player in the centre of the pitch for years to come.
Andros Townsend: The England international joins Hull from Tottenham in a deal worth £8M. Townsend can play on either wing, and will provide quality fodder for the strikers to feed upon.
Oguzhan Ozyakup: A former Arsenal prospect signed from Besiktas. A talented playmaker that should make a very good duo with Ruben Neves in the future.
Richairo Zivkovic: The talented forward joins on loan from Tottenham, to fill the void left by Abel Hernandez being sold.
Fabio Castellano: A very talented midfielder that joins from Atalanta. At only 16 years of age, Castellano is one for the future.
Melkamu Taufer: Another quality prospect from Italy, Taufer joins from Inter, to join up with the u21's. A gifted playmaker, he will surely be the understudy to Tom Huddlestone in the years to come.

January review.
Despite being busy in the transfer window, Hull also played a number of games in January. This was feared to be a difficult month for Hull due to Aboubakar, Diamé and N'Doye being away at the ANC. But Hull still managed to keep a decent form through the month.

Sunderland - Hull 3-1
The most disappointing game of the month was the away game at the Stadium of Light. Hull dominated possession, but were undone by a brace from Connor Wickham. Alex Bruce was given a game at the back, but failed to impress, being at fault for two of the conceded goals.

Peterborough - Hull 1-3
We went through in the FA Cup due to goals from N'Doye, Blanco and Townsend. We did not impress with our performance however.

Hull - Chelsea 2-2
In a game where Townsend and Neves made their debuts, we took an early 2-0 lead through Aluko and Jelavic. But we were then put under siege by Chelsea, and failed to hang onto the lead. Goals from Willian and Costa gave Chelsea a well deserved point.

West Ham - Hull 1-2
Our strongest performance of the month came away to West Ham. In a game where Özyakup and Zivkovic got their debuts, goals from Jelavic and Zivkovic, who came on as a sub, gave us the win. All in all, this was a very even game, where any team could have won. But 3 points in these type of games is what could secure us a top half finish.

Rotherham - Hull 0-0
In a game where we fielded a strong 11, we failed to capitalize on possession. Only 1 shot that hit the target during the whole game is nowhere near an acceptable level. This means a rematch at the KC Stadium.

Hull - Leicester 1-2
Leicester showed us why they are up the top end, and we are midtable in this game. We created enough opportunities, but didn't manage to take them. Leicester took their chances, and got away with the points. Alex Bruce failed to impress yet again, and in a bit of a strange decision, Steve Bruce decided to play Robert Snodgrass up front, rather than in-form Jelavic. Needless to say, Snodgrass failed to hit the target. It seems that the fixture list is starting to take its toll on the squad, as we were forced to field several non-starters.

At the end of January, we are 10th with a game in hand. If we manage to beat bottom side Stoke, we will be 8th, the same as at the start of the month. Our fixture list over the next couple of months does not look that bad, so we could start to dream of a top half finish, defying the predictions at the start of the season.

Last edited:
Garry Monk's "Giant Killers" Swans jump to the top half!
4/5 W's in the league, but unfortunately knocked out of the FA Cup. The Swans had a good month, and very low key, no transfers in, but no transfers out as well. Although they made 2.3 million off of some weird Chairmen dealings, that us regular people don't know about, we just assume drugs were involved.

First up THE destruction of Man City: Swansea 3-1 Man City
Jefferson Montero and Leon Britton ran rampant on a toothless, fearful Man City. Vincent Kompany also added to Man city's misery by being sent off in the 2nd half.

Everton 3-2 Swansea (FA Cup 3rd Round
Our form from the league did not carry over, we lose and are knocked out of the FA cup. They out possessed and outplayed us.

Aston Villa 4-3 Swansea
Our loss in the league for the month, apparently neither team wanted to defend, and a PK a piece for each team.

Swansea 4-1 West Brom
Proclaimed by many to be the flop of the season. Charlie Austin scores again!!! Given the nod over in form but tired as **** Bafetimbi Gomis. We ran all over West Brom and some scrub got a red card too for West Brom. Gylfi got a brace, and Britton continued his fire form!

Tottenham 1-2 Swansea
(Being an Arsenal fan, this one was great)
Gomis was still tired, so Monk shunned him to the bench, o but wait it was a trick. Down 1-0 in the 64th minute, Gomis showed off his new dreadlock pattern and came on to the field to bag a 1 minute brace 66,67 minute. The Spurs were terrified. Then hope came... 79th minute, no subs left, and Fabianski decides to get hurt, (knowing him, he ran into the post head first...) 10 minutes left, and in between the goal posts... I have no idea who Monk chose... I wish there was a way to find out, but o well. Either way some non goalie was in for the last 10 and Spurs couldn't score. HAHA

Swansea 2-1 Arsenal
As an Arsenal fan this one hurts, as a Swansea Chairman? LET THE GIANT KILLING CONTINUE. For some reason Tremmell was chosen over Shay Given, the reason I bought Given was in case Fabianski bashed his head against the post, but whatever, we got the win, Gomis scored. I am happy, an overall great month!
February will contain 2 away matches against Everton and Newcastle, and 2 home matches against Sunderland and Liverpool. all mid table battles! can't wait!

Fabianski sprained his ankle though, so I guess he kicked the post instead of headbutting it.

Anyone else had a problem getting the save to work once you;ve downloaded it and put in the games file in the sports interactive folder? I every time i press load it just comes up with "game unable to load"

Will have to do it tomorrow, having problems getting onto the save and it's cos Im using my old laptop, can't get on the other one :(

Anyone else had a problem getting the save to work once you;ve downloaded it and put in the games file in the sports interactive folder? I every time i press load it just comes up with "game unable to load"
In documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2015>games?

Manchester City Feb Overview
View attachment 281373
Swansea 3 -
Man City 1
Gomis 4, Fernandez 16, Britton 60, Adam 14
A shoddy performance. We conceded an early Gomis goal, and when Charlie Adam responded I thought we could get back in the game. It was not to be, however as two minutes later Fernandez scored, visibly draining morale. Kompany manifested that frustration in a pointless red card, and we conceded again soon after.
Reading 2 - Man City 2
*** 25, Guthrie 56 - Gaudino 1, Murphy 50
An FA cup tie we have to win. We fielded little of our first team - Aguero came on at 50 - but the reason for our defeat was a failure to defend well, with Dzenis Burnic, Carlos Zambrano and Emmanuel Insua all fielding sub par performances. Why Burnic was starting however, is beyond me...
Man City 1 - Everton 0
Aguero 25
This was an ugly match, with a sub par performance from both teams. However they say Champions can win when it's not their day, and an Aguero goal gave us the 3 points.
Man City 4 - West Brom 0
Aguero 9,41,61,66
Again, a sub par performance from the rest of the team was carried by Aguero. 4 goals - 3 in the space of 25 minutes - proves that Aguero deserved to be higher then Cristiano Ronaldo in both the Golden Boot and World player of the year.
Man City 3 - Reading 2
Murphy 2, 16, 50 - Mackie 4, Pogrebnyak 8
A wonderful hattrick by Norwich signing Josh Murphy meant we were able to bypass Reading in the FA cup. Again, our defence was poor and we conceded two early goals, however Murphy was absolutely phenomenal, with a performance rivaling Aguero's at West Brom.
Arsenal 2 - Man City 1
Konoplyanka 39, Ibrahimovic 44 - Dzeko 15
This is what happens when Aguero doesn't dominate. Witho
ut Bony to provide an alternate source of goals, it fell to Dzeko to get us the goods. He did, but disaster struck! Hart was taken off injured in the 21st minute and former Arsenal rookie Martinez came on. He couldn't keep out the best players in Europe, and our challengers were victorious.
Man City 4 - Stevenage 0
Aguero 8, Murphy 32, Ambrose 53, Josh Murphy 68
An easy victory against Stevenage in the FA cup. As expected, we were far better and youngster Jacob Murphy was awarded MoM.
Sunderland 2 - Man City 2
Alvarez 7, Johnson 60 - Silva 36, Murphy 84
On David Silva's return from injury, we managed a 2 - 2 draw against a struggling Sunderland side we should've beaten comfortably. After former player Adam Johnson scored in the 60th minute, it looked like it was all over. However, that man again Josh Murphy scored to keep us in the game. After they got reduced to 10 - and then 9 - men, with injuries in defence and no subs, it's disappointing we didn't capitalise.
Player of the Month
View attachment 281379
Josh Murphy
The obvious choice here is Aguero, however his performances were inconsistent. Josh Murphy however, was excellent in all the games he played. After an astonishing hattrick against Reading and a crucial goal against Sunderland 'the English Messi' has fully earned his place in the squad.
Worst player of the month
View attachment 281378
Emanuel Insua
Two argentinians were in the mix here: Damian martinez, and Insua. Martinez had one bad game; Insua had all bad games. How loanee Insua has been starting over Andrew Robertson is beyond me, but he's been ***** in all the games he's played.
Summary
Overall, a pretty bad month. It's exposed huge depth problems in the team: with most of the defence injured, we've struggled immensely, particularly with Kompany out. Not only that, when Aguero doesn't play well, without Bony to cover him we flop. 7 points out of 15 is not good enough for title challengers. Looking back on it, Olivier Giroud would've been a good piece of business...
Next Month...
Tough matches against Chelsea, Monaco in the Champions League, Liverpool and 3rd placed Leicester will not see our season get any easier.

Hmm, my best suggestion is to clear cache. It's obviously working for some...

View attachment 281377
BURNLEY BRING IN THREE IN JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW
View attachment 281376View attachment 281375View attachment 281374
Burnley managed to get in a few deals before the close of the transfer window (haven't checked the save to see anything else yet) for a combined 13 million pounds. First in was David Ospina who joins from Arsenal in a deal worth £3 million. "I am delighted to be able to bring in a player of this calibre to our small club. I know David (Ospina) will do well here and I think he will push Jack (Butland) all the way for the number one jersey."

They also managed to tie up the double signing of Emanuele Giaccherini and Santiago Vergini who join from Sunderland for a combined £10 million. "Emanuele (Giaccherini) is a player we believe will be key to the team and we hope he can fill in what I believe is a week right midfield position and create more goals for our front pairings. Santiago (Vergini) has the potential to be great, he was once linked with Barcelona, but has to keep things together. I am hoping he will help take some of the pressure of Michael Duff who is getting on and strengthen our defence."

This is a financial gamble by Alistair Campbell knowing that if Burnley were to be relegated it could be bad for them. This move has been done is try to make sure Burnley survive in the premier league as the financial benefits could really help this club grow.

91d44c7774b04ccf56f808204f8ec39b.jpg
Stoke City chairman on bpl current situation
"I am a believer that this year we will have a unique year in England. This will be a year with smaller clubs becoming great and I will try to make Stoke great. I have a team that can make a change and in the summer there are great plans regarding my team. Plus BUY MY SHOELACES!!!!!!"
This were the words of pocci regarding English football

January
View attachment 281304

Nearly perfect month till Swansea ruined it at the end.
Beat Man City in a top of the table clash as we close the gap to 1 point at the top as Leicester & Man City together only pick up 12 points in there last 5. We have 12 by ourselves
Beat championship teams to progress in the FA Cup
Arsene was not allowed to buy anyone but refused to sell the guys i wanted him too!

Match 20
Arsenal 3-1 Crystal Palace
Lukaku
Giroud
Wilshere

FA Cup 3rd Round
Arsenal 3-0 Blackpool
Welbeck 2
Lukaku

Match 21
Burnley 1-2 Arsenal
Ibrahimovic
Cazorla

Match 22
Arsenal 2-1 Man City
Konoplyanka
Ibrahimovic
Ibra scored the winner and won MOTM

FA Cup 4th Round
Arsenal 4-0 Sheff Wed
Ibrahimovic 2
Sanchez
Lukaku

Match 23
West Brom 0-3 Arsenal
Wilshere
Lukaku
Cazorla

Match 24
Swansea 2-1 Arsenal
Sanchez
Looks like Arsene dropped to only 1 striker for this one

Instant results from Ibra & Lukaku

Save suddenly started working when i turned steam on and off

View attachment 820360
Mediocre month but an improvement for Sunderland

It's been a month since our owner last wrote a statement on the club's website and this time round he will be giving his verdict and a review of the last month of football.

Well it's been an quite an improvement since we took over the club, it's not been great but we put together a few wins and have now moved up to 13th in the league, we have won three games, lost three and drew one game against Premier League giant Manchester City.

We need to continue to improve and we really want to target a top half finish in the league, at the moment I am pleased and the staff and fans should be proud that we have been able to move further away from the relegation zone, whilst we are still only seven points from the bottom three I believe clubs like Q.P.R and Stoke are too poor to stay up and will definitely be Championship clubs next season. Now let's take a look through the results from the last month.

Hull (H) 3-1
Ricky Alvarez, Connor Wickham x2

Hull are a really tough team to play against, they're a very physical and direct side and I believe we did very well to beat them and to score three goals against Hull is a good achievement. It's another home win as well, we are one of the best teams in the league at home and that is something that we can be proud of and look to maintain throughout the rest of the season.

FA CUP THIRD ROUND
Brighton (A) 2-1

Jermain Defoe, Nicolaj Thomsen

Two wins in a row in the cup could've really set up a good cup run but unfortunately we got knocked out in the next round away to Aston Villa 4-3 (Bridcutt, Thomsen, Alvarez), Defoe and Thomsen got the goals and Defoe managed to get a goal in the first minute, this looks to be Defoe's only season at Sunderland as I am not a massive fan of him and he is getting in the starting 11 week in week out but Connor Wickham has a better goal to game ratio.

Southampton (A) 0-3

A poor loss against an underachieving Southampton really frustrated me and we should not of lost against them, it has been the story of our season however we have just won two games away from home in the league this season and this needs to improve if we want to steer away from a relegaton battle

Crystal Palace (H) 3-1

Adam Johnson, Steven Fletcher, Ricky Alvarez

A good win against Premier League strugglers Palace and it's a game that needs to be a must win and we definitely delivered, it extends our good home form and we distanced our self from relegation with a good win.

Burnley (A) 1-3

Lewis Cook

Loanee Lewis Cook bagged his first goal professional goal and that has to be the only positive of the game as we lose another away game.

Manchester City (H) 2-2

Adam Johnson, Ricky Alvarez

One of our better results of the season as we draw against the Premier League champions and we restrict them to winning the game as we finish the game with just nine men and finished the match with a outfield player in net.

Player of the Month

View attachment 281215
The new player has silenced the critics after he replaced a young Jack Rodwell last month and has been the best player of the month with some solid midfield performances

Whilst the worst player of the month goes to Liam Bridcutt and I don't want to get into how disappointing his performances has been as it has frustrated that much.

Hopefully we can continue improve in the coming months and carry on to move away from the relegation zone.

I see Sisto hasn't made the move to me? Like you say this is too late now but has the transfer fee (2.5 million release clause) come out of my finances, and will I be able to take him at the end of the season instead and still have another foreign transfer to make? Really wanted him :(

I see Sisto hasn't made the move to me? Like you say this is too late now but has the transfer fee (2.5 million release clause) come out of my finances, and will I be able to take him at the end of the season instead and still have another foreign transfer to make? Really wanted him :(
I transfered him back, but I guess I forgot to save that. Anyway, he'll be yours now.