bornexplorer88's European Chairman Game

looks good man I saw the thread but it was too late to comment coz you had ordered it. think i'm gunna get the amd 8 core pile driver next month and create a new build round that.
Yeah I'm loving it, it's my first Intel processor as well, pretty happy with it all, think I need to change the motherboard thou when I can afford it, so I can look into overclocking, always been curious...

I'd look into the parts a bit more...
Also recommend using partpicker website for looking at build costs.

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Nimbus Sans L, arial, sans-serif]I thought the AMD would be pretty beasty but then I started looking into reviews and comparisons etc. And for the same price I saw the i5-3570K, Intel Products are just of higher quality and more reliable and currently thrash pretty much all of AMD CPU, they even release their products before AMD and they still can't keep up, apparently the AMD 8350 is close but still it gets beat by alot of similar priced Intel CPU, but that said you almost won't see too much of a difference between the two in terms of performance.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Nimbus Sans L, arial, sans-serif]I'd say the i5 is the better than the AMD 8350 because it runs cooler and is definitely the more efficient, so all you'll need is a budget air cooler (such as Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo) if you want to overclock to 4.5 GHz. However, any higher then you may want to consider a better cooler (Noctua NH-D14 or Corsair H100).[/FONT]

With the FX-8350 you'll have buy some quality CPU heat-sink to keep temperatures lower, if your planning to overclock, this will end up costing more than i5-3570k.

This full review (via links) changed my mind...
Intel Core i5 3570K vs AMD FX 8350

Sorry again bin getting giddy on my new pc, but I have managed to get everything across to my new pc now, so it allows me to use FMRTE again... and I can run the game faster. |)

This is a pretty interesting concept. Who actually manages the teams though? Does everyone do it on a network game or do you just sim the game and they just act solely as chairman?

This is a pretty interesting concept. Who actually manages the teams though? Does everyone do it on a network game or do you just sim the game and they just act solely as chairman?
the game is just simmed and you just act as a chairman and sign a manager etc... there's a slot available if your interested...

Last edited:
Yeah I'm loving it, it's my first Intel processor as well, pretty happy with it all, think I need to change the motherboard thou when I can afford it, so I can look into overclocking, always been curious...

I'd look into the parts a bit more...
Also recommend using partpicker website for looking at build costs.

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Nimbus Sans L, arial, sans-serif]I thought the AMD would be pretty beasty but then I started looking into reviews and comparisons etc. And for the same price I saw the i5-3570K, Intel Products are just of higher quality and more reliable and currently thrash pretty much all of AMD CPU, they even release their products before AMD and they still can't keep up, apparently the AMD 8350 is close but still it gets beat by alot of similar priced Intel CPU, but that said you almost won't see too much of a difference between the two in terms of performance.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Tahoma, Nimbus Sans L, arial, sans-serif]I'd say the i5 is the better than the AMD 8350 because it runs cooler and is definitely the more efficient, so all you'll need is a budget air cooler (such as Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo) if you want to overclock to 4.5 GHz. However, any higher then you may want to consider a better cooler (Noctua NH-D14 or Corsair H100).[/FONT]

With the FX-8350 you'll have buy some quality CPU heat-sink to keep temperatures lower, if your planning to overclock, this will end up costing more than i5-3570k.

This full review (via links) changed my mind...
Intel Core i5 3570K vs AMD FX 8350

I hear you man and right now i5 is winning but with the ps4 running on a 8 core amd in the next year or so games will hopefully be optimized to take use of more cores and the multi threading. I'm also hoping to get into the indie development scene with ps4 and xbone now supporting it heavily as well as pc. I've been playing with the unreal 3 engine for a while and unity.
If it was a pure gaming rig I'd get intel but overall what I want it for and how things are probably going to go in the future I think 8350 is more suitable for me.

I hear you man and right now i5 is winning but with the ps4 running on a 8 core amd in the next year or so games will hopefully be optimized to take use of more cores and the multi threading. I'm also hoping to get into the indie development scene with ps4 and xbone now supporting it heavily as well as pc. I've been playing with the unreal 3 engine for a while and unity.
If it was a pure gaming rig I'd get intel but overall what I want it for and how things are probably going to go in the future I think 8350 is more suitable for me.

I can certainly see the appeal thou 8 cores is a nice added bonus, I think it overclocks to a 4.7/8 --- which is nice...

the game is just simmed and you just act as a chairman and sign a manager etc... there's a slot available if your interested...

I only really play quite sporadically, only picked the game up again this week after not having played for about 6 months so I can't really commit to it. Thanks though.

I only really play quite sporadically, only picked the game up again this week after not having played for about 6 months so I can't really commit to it. Thanks though.
No worries, thanks for your comments thou and it's good to see someone turn something down rather than joining and not doing anything

I can certainly see the appeal thou 8 cores is a nice added bonus, I think it overclocks to a 4.7/8 --- which is nice...

I've seen a couple at 5 and I saw an article on toms hardware that theoretically they can go past 6 which would just be insane you would have to incase it in a fridge I reckon. I'm off to the platform expo in october because its local and they have a big fifa esport tourney. But they are hosting a pc modding classes so hoping to get some ideas to make mine look a bit more funky

Would love to be able to join if there is any spots open - really enjoyed participating in your BPL chairman game!! Add me to waiting list or the game :)

as theres a Germany slot open can I take 1860 munchen?

Yeah pal, no worries... purchase price is 16.5m (no debt) --- so you have £483.5m leftover please read through the first few threads to get an idea of how the game works and the rules.

any updates?

Update will be tonight Rev... just been sorting out my new PC

I've seen a couple at 5 and I saw an article on toms hardware that theoretically they can go past 6 which would just be insane you would have to incase it in a fridge I reckon. I'm off to the platform expo in october because its local and they have a big fifa esport tourney. But they are hosting a pc modding classes so hoping to get some ideas to make mine look a bit more funky

No way 6, not seen that, yeah would definately set you back a few £££ on coolers haha, might have to invest in a liquid cooler, that would look pretty good, the expo sounds cool, where's that at?

Would love to be able to join if there is any spots open - really enjoyed participating in your BPL chairman game!! Add me to waiting list or the game :)

alright pal, no worries. I will add you to the waiting list... I will PM you as soon as a slot comes available ;)

Yeah pal, no worries... purchase price is 16.5m (no debt) --- so you have £483.5m leftover please read through the first few threads to get an idea of how the game works and the rules.

Update will be tonight Rev... just been sorting out my new PC

No way 6, not seen that, yeah would definately set you back a few £££ on coolers haha, might have to invest in a liquid cooler, that would look pretty good, the expo sounds cool, where's that at?

alright pal, no worries. I will add you to the waiting list... I will PM you as soon as a slot comes available ;)

Its in hull mate in october I think just look up platform expos on facebook its 15 quid and they have some good stuff lined up a shed load of tourneys retro gaming they re hoping to get an oculus rift. next gen pcs loads of stuff. Its over a weekend If its a success I don't think it'll stay in hull itll move to manchest or somewhere like that

Its in hull mate in october I think just look up platform expos on facebook its 15 quid and they have some good stuff lined up a shed load of tourneys retro gaming they re hoping to get an oculus rift. next gen pcs loads of stuff. Its over a weekend If its a success I don't think it'll stay in hull itll move to manchest or somewhere like that
Nice, Manchester sounds good!!! I'll look into it cheers.

Not had time to write anything up yet but here is the saved game for your disposal:-

Download Link

hhhmm somethings not right... 2 games in Joey Barton has a 12 games ban.... 12 games in Joey Barton has a 10 game ban :( EEEEHHH?! ha

Will post an update when back from holiday. Haven't got laptop with me so can't open up the save

Sent from Galaxy SII using Tapatalk