View attachment 1008973
Monday 27th​ June 2016
VILLA BRING IN AMAT ON LOAN

View attachment 190622

Villa have made another signing and it is the loan singing of 24-year-old Jordi Amat from Premier League rivals Swansea City. The Spanish centre back had been pushed out of the Swansea team and was transfer listed and loan listed, and Lane saw this as an opportunity. ‘At the age of 24 he is the perfect replacement for our previous loan player Thiago Ilori. I felt like the end of Thiago Ilori’s spell here had created a big divert that needed to be filled, and I think Amat is that guy.

View attachment 190621
Wednesday 29th June 2016

CONSORTIUM PLAN TAKEOVER

View attachment 190619

It has been reported to us here at BBC West Midlands that a local consortium has been in talks with the Chairman of Aston Villa, Randy Lerner, to talk about possible taking over the club.

The consortium leader is a Manchester-based business tycoon called Peter Kenyon, this is the second time that Aston Villa have been in the news about a takeover, with the first resulting in a failed bid by David Beckham. It seems as though if Kenyon can get his hands on the club then he will inject an investment upwards of 83 million into the club, with the bid being suspected to be in the region of 113 million. And it is also another transfer embargo being placed upon the manager, which is not good news for him as he is currently in talks with 2 midfielders who he is looking to bring to the club.

More on this news as we get it,
Jason Brecks, reporting for BBC WM

View attachment 1008990
Saturday 2nd​ July 2016
MICHU SOLD TO LEVANTE

View attachment 190609

After the recent signing of Joaquin Larrivey, it seems as though first team football for Michu was becoming thin, especially being behind Ayew, Agbonlahor, Larrivey and Gestede, first team football wasn’t really on offer. When asked about the sale, Lane said, ‘Michu has been a good player for us when he was here, but his chances were becoming limited and I wanted him to get first team football somewhere, and Levante came calling,’

The reported fee for Michu is 1 million, which could rise to 1.3 million in the future. It has also been reported that left back Aly Cissokho, after returning from a loan spell at Porto, has been told he can leave the club and Perugia have put in a bid for him. Any more news on that will be reported right here.

Thats a decent return for Michu, especially as you got him on a free. Cissokho not in your plans?

Thats a decent return for Michu, especially as you got him on a free. Cissokho not in your plans?
well he wasn't going to be because the purchase of Armero, the form of Braafheid and the potential of Amavi made me think that he wasn't going to be part of my plans. but the club fell through with the offer so he might be here for a bit now.

View attachment 190607
Monday 18th​ July 2016
TAKEOVER COLLAPSES

View attachment 190606

Reports have come in that the takeover bid made by Peter Kenyon has fallen through, and Randy Lerner is still the chairman of the club. It was suggested that Lerner had not seen any evidence of the finances that Kenyon was talking about, as if suggesting that he had none. Due to this collapse, the club are no longer under a transfer embargo, which is good news for Thomas Lane as it was reported that he was looking at a backup goalkeeper instead of Martin Hansen

View attachment 1009011
Saturday 23rd​ July 2016
LANE BRINGS IN 2 MORE

View attachment 190596

2 more signings have been made by Aston Villa, bringing there total up to 9 signings for the season as Lane looks to add some quality to his squad. 1 of those signings is 22-year-old Sebastian Haller from Utrecht for a reported 3.8 million which could rise to 4.7 million. The young French forward joins alongside Joaquin Larrivey to add some firepower to the front line, to challenge Ayew and Agbonlahor. When asked about his signing, Lane said. ‘he is young with bags of potential and he knows how to score. We know have a quality front line for the season to come, so I’m looking forward to the first game of the season’

Another signing made by the gaffer is 26-year-old Lukas Hradecky from Frankfurt for 3.9 million, which could rise to 5 million in the future. The German is brought in to challenge Brad Guzan for the number 1 spot in the team, as Martin Hansen was fading away from Guzan. ‘he is a very good goalkeeper who has international experience, and I know that he will keep Guzan on his toes for the rest of the season.’

View attachment 190560
Monday 8th​ August 2016
PRE SEASON RESULTS

View attachment 190559

Sort of a half and half pre season really. 6 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses from 11 games is good for me to get ready for the new season. Disappointed at losing 3 home friendlies, but victories against Toulouse, Maritimo and Luzern make up for that. Lets get ready for the new season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAPITAL ONE CUP 2nd ROUND

View attachment 1009051

Aston Villa vs Blackburn

Last edited:
View attachment 1009053
Saturday 13th​ August 2016
3 IN, 2 OUT

View attachment 190555

More transfer dealings have occurred at Villa Park with the manager adding 3 more players to the side, whilst letting 2 others leave. In terms of the incomings, the first is a 21-year-old centre back called Emerson (pictured above) from Botofogo for a fee of 7.5 million. The Brazilian centre back has been brought in to challenge for the starting spots, and he can also do a job at Right Back. When asked about his new signing, the manager said, ‘he is young and has great potential. The chairman wants us to sign some more young players so I thought I would oblige to his request and bring him in.

Another signing made by the manager is 20-year-old Luan from Sao Paulo for 1.7 million, which could rise to 3.5 million. The young Brazilian centre back, has been brought in mainly as a back up but has some great potential for the future. ‘I liked the look of Luan when he was fist shown to me by my scout, and I am very pleased to have got him for such little money.’

Another signing made by Lane is the loan signing of Chuba Akpom from Arsenal until the end of the season. 'i brought Akpom in to challenge the strikers for the starting spot, and, despite being young, i feel that he can make an instant impact for us this season.

In terms of the outgoings, Alan Hutton has left Villa Park and has moved to Girona for a reported 275k. After being left out of the squad that was registered for the BPL, he was made to find a new club, and Girona is that team. Another player to have left is left midfielder Gil, he was also left out of the registration squad. Having brought in Conway and Bangoura, Gil was pushed far down the pecking order.

Last edited:
Saturday 13th​ August 2016

View attachment 190550
View attachment 190549

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Okore, Crespo, Amavi, Veretout, Westwood, Gueye, Grealish, Haller, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Micah Richards 9.0

Incredible way to start the season. New signing Haller getting on the score sheet early, and Jordan Ayew picking up where he left of last season. And the clubs young player of the season Jack Grealish getting a late goal to put the icing on the cake.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richards Injury Blow

View attachment 190548

3 months out with a torn hamstring. Brilliant thing to see, especially as he is our captain​

Last edited:
Sunday 21st August 2016
View attachment 190547

View attachment 190546

LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Okore, Emerson, Amavi, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Agbonlahor, Ayew, Haller

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jordan Amavi 7.0

Always going to be difficult going away to Old Trafford, and we were thoroughly outplayed as well so we didn’t deserve anything from the game.

Tuesday 23rd​ August 2016

View attachment 190544

View attachment 190542

LINE UP – Hradecky, Crespo, Gaztanaga, Clark, Armero, Carroll, Westwood, Gueye, Veretout, Akpom, Gestede

PLAYER OF MATCH – Ciaran Clark 8.1

Wow! It thought that we brought a new defence in the summer but apparently we didn’t. utter disgrace that was, losing at home to a Championship team

Sunday 28th​ August 2016

View attachment 1009070

View attachment 190541

LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Okore, Clark, Amavi, Westwood, Gueye, Bangoura, Veretout, Agbonlahor, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Idrissa Gueye 9.0

Really good victory with a first goal for loan signing Chuba Akpom, and we are finally starting to win some home games, which is better to see.

View attachment 190533
AUGUST REVIEW

View attachment 190531

Disappointed at the early exit in the Capital One Cup but I am very happy at the way that we have performed in the league. 7 goals scored in 3 games is great for the strikers.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH – Jordan Amavi

View attachment 190530

Amavi has been playing consistently well so far this season, and when we brought in Armero and currently having Braafheid, I didn’t see much game time for Amavi but he has really stepped up for us.

TABLE

View attachment 190529

Really pleased with how we have performed in the league, sitting 4th​ for the first time in my reign. Saying that I think this could be the first team we have been in the top half in my whole time as being manager

Saturday 10th​ September 2016

View attachment 190128

View attachment 190127

LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Okore, Clark, Amavi, Westwood, Gueye, Bangoura, Veretout, Grealish, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jordan Veretout 7.8

Poor result really against newly promoted Ipswich. Despite being one of my favourite teams, I not completely sure how they got into the Premier League in the first place, and a 2-0 loss is not the best thing to see.

Sunday 18th​ September 2016

View attachment 190126

View attachment 190125

LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Okore, Clark, Amavi, Frydek, Gueye, Veretout, Grealish, Ayew, Haller

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jose Angel Crespo 8.6

I’ll take a 1-1 draw away at a very good West Ham side that finished 6th​ last season. First goal for new signing Frydek is also nice to see.

Sunday 25th​ September 2016

View attachment 190120

View attachment 190119

LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Okore, Clark, Amavi, Frydek, Gueye, Veretout, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Idrissa Gueye 7.4

Another defeat but a expected one considered the calibre of team that we were playing against. Hat Trick hero Giroud was just to good for us in this game.

View attachment 190107

another ****** takeover. how many of these does the club want to try and get through. the first one, led by bleeding' David Beckham failed for no apparent reason. the second takeover, led by Peter Kenyon, was cancelled due to not actually knowing if the guy had any money, and now Randy wants to try and have another person take over the club. I'm not really bothered now if it goes through or not, just want it to be over :D :D

View attachment 190104
SEPTEMBER REVIEW

View attachment 190103

From having such a great August to having a disgraceful September. Didn’t pick up a win and lost to Ipswich and Arsenal, we need to start improving when we get into October

PLAYER OF THE MONTH – Idrissa Gueye

View attachment 190102

Idrissa Gueye was the only standout player from an overall poor month for the lads. Collecting a man of the match award and 2 consistent performances convinced me to choose him as the player of the month

TABLE

View attachment 190101

Really disappointed with the look of the table now, having gone from 4th​ in the league to now being 16th​ and being back in the same positions as last season we need to start picking up our form.

Saturday 1st​ October 2016

View attachment 190096

View attachment 190095

LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Emerson, Clark, Amavi, Gueye, Veretout, Westwood, Bangoura, Grealish, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH –

We both had the same amount of shots, the same amount of shots on target, and more possession that them, both they win 3-0. I thought that by strengthening the defence we might concede less, but that is obviously never gonna happen.