View attachment 190805

View attachment 190804

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Ilori, Lescott, Braafheid, Gil, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Brad Guzan 6.9

We were just woeful today really. We were lucky that it was only 5. The only positive to come out of this game was the return of our top scorer Jordan Ayew after 2 months out with a sports hernia

View attachment 190720

MARCH REVIEW

View attachment 190721

Another month where we haven’t really impressed that much. We haven’t had a stand out month so far this season, as they have all been either okay or poor. Hopefully April will be our month

PLAYER OF MONTH – Gabby Agbonlahor

View attachment 190719

Not many people in contention for this award for March, but I felt that Gabby’s contribution was well needed this month, with a few goals helping us through the games

TABLE

View attachment 190718

Still in 14th​ place and 6 points clear of 18th​ with 8 games left. Hopefully we can stay up this year and improve for the seasons to come. Man City seem to be running away with it but Tottenham do have 2 games in hand on them so they might be able to catch them up

View attachment 190717

View attachment 190716

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Gil, Agbonlahor, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Gabby Agbonlahor 7.5

I’ll take a 2-2 draw against a inform Liverpool side who were currently 4th​ at the time that we played them. Of course we conceded a late goal to lose the lead, but I kind of expect that now though.

View attachment 190714

View attachment 190713

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Lescott, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jordan Ayew 8.8

Great. Love it when you go 2-0 up and then lose 4-2. Good in the summer im going to need to buy a new goalkeeper, a right back, a left back and 2 centre backs because we cannot defend at all. West Brom are in the bottom 3, yet we still can’t beat them

A couple more wins mate and you are there! keep it up! this is an excellent read :)

View attachment 190710

View attachment 190709

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Ilori, Braafheid, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Idrissa Gueye 8.1

Boring game really but against a very good Tottenham side who are challenging for the title. I don’t know how I can draw against Liverpool and Tottenham yet lose against West Brom. The team is way to inconsistent sometimes.

View attachment 190708

View attachment 190707

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Ilori, Amavi, Grealish, Westwood, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Idrissa Gueye 9.0

Oh would you look at that 1-0 up and we still lose. Where have I seen that before? Sunderland is another team in the bottom three that we can’t beat; yet we have beaten both Manchester teams this season at home. Inconsistency is a huge problem, and our Assistant Manager Jaap Stam has left to be the Reading Manager, so that’s some great news as well

View attachment 190705

View attachment 190704

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Ilori, Amavi, Westwood, Veretout, Gueye, Grealish, Ayew, Agbonlahor,

PLAYER OF MATCH – Micah Richards 8.6

Another draw against a very good team, but another ****** game where we went 2-0 up and we cannot keep the god **** lead. What is wrong with the defence of the team, its so bad. We really need to get some new players in in the summer

View attachment 190703

APRIL REVIEW

View attachment 190702

Poor month really where we picked up only 3 points from 15 on offer, and were we lost the lead in 4 of the 5 games, and the other one was a 0-0 draw. Defence needs to start to shape up sooner or later

PLAYER OF MONTH – Idrissa Gueye

View attachment 190701

Probably the only player of note from this month where he received 2 player of the matches and even came 3rd​ in the Player of the Month for April. Played really well this month

TABLE

View attachment 190700

Still languishing around the relegation zone. Currently in 15th​ with the gap down to 3 points between 4 teams. Stoke in 17th​ have 2 games in hand on us and Sunderland in 18th​ have a game in hand as well, so we need a bit of help from the teams they are playing if we are to keep our Premier League Status

Last edited:
View attachment 1008898

View attachment 190692

LINE UP - Guzan, Richards, Okore, Ilori, Amavi, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Agbonlahor, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Idrissa Gueye 8.6

Another loss but surprisingly we didn’t go 1-0 up which is good, and we didn’t ‘lose a lead’ which is also good. Still in 15th​ with one game to go, but I think Sunderland have a game in hand as well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not going to believe what the final set of fixtures is.

Last edited:
View attachment 190685
Villa Receive Second Takeover Bid

View attachment 190684

Reports have come in the Aston Villa have been the subject of a second takeover bid. During the January transfer window it was reported that David Beckham was looking to take over the club, but the talks feel through. However, it seems as they this takeover may go through because it seems that Chairman Randy Lerner is looking for a way out.

Yahoo were the first source to report this news, although it is an unnamed businessman that wants to take the club over, with the view of floating the club on the stock market.

More on the news as we get it.

Sunday 15th​ May 2016

View attachment 190665
View attachment 190664

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aston Villa – 15th​ vs Stoke City – 18th​

Crystal Palace – 16th​ vs Sunderland – 17th​

Line Up Aston Villa – Guzan, Richards, Okore, Ilori, Amavi, Veretout, Westwood, Gueye, Grealish, Agbonlahor, Ayew

Line Up Stoke City – Butland, Johnson, Shawcross, Wollscheid, Pieters, Wilson, Whelan, Ireland, Shaqiri, Afellay, Diouf

3:00pm – Kick off at Selhurst Park and Villa Park

3:17pm – Jordan Ayew picks the ball up from the edge of the box, makes his way past Stephen Ireland, and then jinks past Erik Pieters, ***** the ball into the box and Agbonlahor arrives just in time to smash it home for 1-0 to Aston Villa

3:45pm - Half time

Aston Villa 1-0 Stoke City
Crystal Palace 0-0 Sunderland

4:00pm - Kick off for Second Half at Selhurst Park and Villa Park

4:04pm – Affeley picks the ball up on the touchline, brings it inside the Glenn Whelan who plays a lovely pass over Okore and into the path of Diouf who runs at the keeper and slots it past him for 1-1

4:09pm – Corner to Aston Villa on the left hand side to be taken by Jack Grealish, he crosses the ball in and arriving at the back past is Jores Okore to put Aston Villa 2-1 up in this crucial fixture

4:24pm – Corner again for Aston Villa with Jordan Veretout to take. His cross is intercepted by Ryan Shawcross as Stoke look to break, but the ball is cut out by Jack Grealish who plays it through to Jordan Ayew who slots past the stranded Stoke Goalkeeper. 3-1

4:31pm – Diouf picks the ball up on the halfway line and plays it to Glenn Whelan. He sees the run of Geoff Cameron beside him. He cuts back and finds the onrushing Mame Biram Diouf who smashes it past Guzan. 3-2

4:40pm – Corner to Sunderland on the right hand side to be taken by Adam Matthews. His cross is delievered to the front post where Fabio Borini is waiting to pounce and smash the ball into the back of the net. 0-1 to Sunderland.

4:50pm Full time here at Selhurst park. Crystal Palace 0-1 Sunderland

4:52pm Full time here at Villa Park. Aston Villa 3-2 Stoke City

View attachment 190663

View attachment 190662

PLAYER OF THE MATCH –
Jack Grealish 9.0

What a way to end the season. Having the four teams who were fighting to stay out of the dreaded 18th​ position all playing each other. Finished with Stoke being the ones that got relegated in the end. Finally able to pick up a win, and MOTM Grealish had an outstanding game for us

Got in to a bit of a rut at the end their mate, glad to see you managed to finish the job of in the end. Crazy how fm throws up situations like that, great excitment for us tho lol.
Hopefully this 2nd takeover happens and you get some funds in the summer, you defo need them. Good luck

Got in to a bit of a rut at the end their mate, glad to see you managed to finish the job of in the end. Crazy how fm throws up situations like that, great excitment for us tho lol.
Hopefully this 2nd takeover happens and you get some funds in the summer, you defo need them. Good luck
Thanks man, yeah i couldn't believe it when i saw the fixture for the final day. i really hope that takeover goes through just to see if we can get some funds. thanks for following

View attachment 190652

END OF SEASON REVIEW AND AWARDS

View attachment 190651

Only 2 games played this month with 1 win and 1 loss, but the win was so very important in keeping us as a premiership side. Next season we will once again most likely be working with a shoestring budget, but lets hope we can improve somehow.

View attachment 190650

Finishing the season in 15th​ place is something creditable to take. At the start off the season our expectation was to battle bravely against relegation, and the odds for us to stay up had us placed to finish 18th​, so I am proud of the players. Manchester City eventually won the league with 82 points with Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal making up the Champions League spots. Liverpool finished in 5th​ with surprise team West Ham finishing above Man Utd in 6th​. At the other end of the table, it was Bournemouth, Watford and Stoke going down with Ourselves, Sunderland and Crystal Palace surviving by the skin of our teeth.

TOP GOALSCORER – Jordan Ayew

View attachment 190649

Ayew has been an ever present hero for us this season with 21 goals to show for his efforts, the nest to scorer was Gabby Agbonlahor with 14, and then the next was 7, so it was lucky that he was fit for most of the season bar the 2 months out with a sports hernia.

MOST ASSISTS – Micah Richards

View attachment 190648

I was thoroughly surprised when I saw that our right back/centre back had the most assists this season ahead of notable players like Grealish and Sinclair. Richards collected 9 assists for us, and I am glad we have 1 defender that has done a good job this season.

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON – Jack Grealish

View attachment 190647

Grealish has been outstanding for us this season, which has attracted interest from Chelsea and Manchester Utd, so it will be interesting to see what happens with him in the summer.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON – Idrissa Gueye

View attachment 190646

Most of you probably thought that Jordan Ayew would have received this award, and he would have done if Gueye hadn’t massively stepped up his game in the second half of the season. Picking up 3 goals from central midfield and a 7.51 average for the season is a plus point in a minority of plus points that had arisen from the season.

View attachment 190642

Umm, where on earth did the chairman find this kind of money. at the start of least season the overall bank balance of the club was 8 million, and i was given 150,000 to spend. this year, we receive 6 million for finishing 15th and he rocks up with 30 million for me to spend. i will take this everyday of the week I'm just not sure where it all came from. i know its not from the takeover because that hasn't even happened yet?!

View attachment 1008953
Thursday 9th​ June 2016
VILLA AGREE 5 DEALS FOR NEW SEASON

View attachment 190639

Reports have come in that Aston Villa have already started looking for new players as the manager looks to add to his depleted squad. The first of those is Lass Bangoura who arrives on a free from Rayo Vallecano due to his contract expiring on the 30th​ June. The Guinean winger arrives to challenge Jack Grealish for the right midfield spot. When asked about his new arrival, Lane said, ‘he is only young, but he has bags of experience in the La Liga, so I know he will be quality for us. Last season we really only had Grealish on the right hand side.’ What this means for Charles Gil is unknown now that he is behind Grealish, Traore, Bacuna and now Bangoura.

Another signing made is 31-year-old Craig Conway from championship side Blackburn Rovers for free due to his expired contract. The Scottish winger arrives to challenge Scott Sinclair on the left hand side of the pitch. When asked about Conway, the gaffer said, ‘he is similar to Bangoura really. He is quick, great dribbling and crossing, and an eye for goal, which is what I need from my wingers.’ Interesting to see whether it will be Sinclair or Conway that gets the nod at the start of the season.

A further signing is 24-year-old Jon Gaztanega from Spanish side Real Sociedad for free due to his expired contract. The Spanish centre back will add some depth to Lane’s team. ‘I said at the end of last season that our defence needed a bit of a reshuffle, and this is what I meant. At the age of 24 he still has time to grow, and I know he will perform well for us.

And the transfers don’t stop there either, as Lane has added 24-year-old Tom Carroll from league rivals Tottenham Hostpur for free due to his expired contract. When asked about Carroll, Lane said, ‘he is an excellent addition to the midfield, and is sure to provide competition to Gueye, Westy and Jordan for a first team place’

And finally Aston Villa have plucked a great deal out of thin air here, with the arrival of Left Back Pablo Armero from Serie A side Napoli. When asked about his new acquisition, the gaffer had this to say. ‘I am so pleased that we have agreed this deal. Not only can he play at left back, but also he is familiar with the left midfield role, and can challenge Scotty and new arrival Conway for the position.

View attachment 1008955
Monday 13th​ June 2016
VILLA BRING IN LARRIVEY, WHILST LET EMANUELSON GO

View attachment 190638

Aston Villa have once again added to the squad with the signing of 31-year-old striker Joaquin Larrivey from Argentinian side Baniyas. Villa have spent out on the player, with the fee recorded to have been 2.3 million which could eventually rise to 2.9 million. When asked about his new player, Lane said that, ‘he is a very experienced striker who knows where the back of the net is. Last season it was really only Ayew and Gabby that were scoring the goals, so the addition of Joaquin should add some more firepower to the strike force.

Despite having a high opinion of the player, it was himself who made the signing. ‘it was actually my director of football that put the bid in for him and I didn’t know about it, so when I checked him out I was thoroughly impressed. Hopefully my guy can find some more gems from the far away leagues for us to look at and sign.’

Also, Aston Villa have allowed Urby Emanuelson to move on to Brentford for a fee of 825k which will eventually rise to 1 million. Lane is seemingly happy to have made a profit on Emanuelson, after purchasing him for free. Emanuelson leaving is probably best for himself with the purchases of Armero and Conway pushing Emanuelson down the pecking order

Last edited:
View attachment 190627
Friday 24th​ June 2016
PRE SEASON FIXTURES

View attachment 190626

Some tough games for the team to play in pre season, especially games against Schalke, Toulouse and Gent. There are a few winnable games for us as well to get us up and ready for the new season where we play newly promoted Burnley at Home, and then Man Utd away