Wednesday 18th​ January 2017

View attachment 189448

View attachment 189447

LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Okore, Emerson, Amavi, Westwood, Veretout, Carroll, Frydek, Grealish, Larrivey

PLAYER OF MATCH – Martin Frydek 9.0

What is happening to us. How are we winning some of these games? That is now 4 games won in a row, and 6 games unbeaten goals from Frydek, Grealish and Carroll securing us the win

Saturday 21st​ January 2017

View attachment 189436

View attachment 189434

LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Okore, Emerson, Amavi, Westwood, Veretout, Carroll, Frydek, Grealish, Larrivey

PLAYER OF MATCH – Jordan Amavi 8.3

Poor result really as we should really have beaten Sunderland here. We had much more shots than they did and more possession, yet we just couldn’t find the back of the net

Saturday 28th​ January 2017

View attachment 189418

View attachment 189417

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Okore, Emerson, Armero, Gueye, Veretout, Carroll, Frydek, Grealish, Larrivey

PLAYER OF MATCH – Joaquin Larrivey 9.5

Brilliant result here from the lads which sends us into the 5th​ round of the FA cup, which is where the board expected me to get to at the start of the season, so that’s good. Hat trick for Larrivey caps off a brilliant cup match.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA CUP 5th ROUND

View attachment 189414

Aston Villa vs Reading

Last edited:
Tuesday 31st​ January 2017

View attachment 189412

View attachment 189411

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Okore, Emerson, Amavi, Gueye, Veretout, Carroll, Sinclair, Grealish, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Tom Carroll 9.6

Another brilliant result here from the lads, which leaves us with 6 wins and 1 loss from an excellent January. Surprise MOTM and hat trick hero Tom Carroll on loan from Tottenham stealing the show.

Last edited:
Wednesday 1st​ February 2017

View attachment 189410
JANUARY REVIEW

View attachment 189409

Incredible month from the boys, possibly the best that I have had in this save. 5 wins from 6 games, and that was a game that we probably should have won. Moved into the 5th​ round of the FA Cup and a brilliant 4-1 victory over Man United caps it of.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH – Joaquin Larrivey

View attachment 189408

Larrivey has really stepped us this month and has even overtaken Jordan Ayew into being the number 1 striker right now, but it is really nice to have 2 strikers that know where the back of the net is.

TABLE

View attachment 189407

Moving up the league and now into 9th​ position, which is absolutely brilliant for the lads. Hopefully we can keep our position in the top 10, but it will be a long trek until the end of the season.

Sunday 5th​ February 2017

View attachment 189406
View attachment 189405
LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Okore, Emerson, Amavi, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Larrivey, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Juan Angel Crespo 7.6

Started of February on a bad note with a loss, but it was to second-place Arsenal away from home, and it was only 1-0, so I guess its not to bad in the end.

Last edited:
Saturday 11th​ February 2017

View attachment 189402

View attachment 189401

LINE UP – Guzan, Crespo, Emerson, Richards, Amavi, Grealish, Veretout, Carroll, Sinclair, Larrivey, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Joaquin Larrivey 9.0

Brilliant win at home to 8th​ placed Everton. Two goals from Larrivey and an own goal from John Stones give us an emphatic win over the Merseyside team.

Saturday 18th​ February 2017

View attachment 189400

View attachment 189399

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Emerson, Clark, Frydek, Gueye, Veretout, Carroll, Sinclair, Larrivey, Agbonlahor

PLAYER OF MATCH – Gabby Agbonlahor 7.6

Nice home win against a beatable Reading side, but they are in our league, so they did provide a stiff test for a much changed Villa side. Goals from Agbonlahor, Sinclair and Larrivey gave us a ticket to the 6th​ Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA CUP 6th ROUND

View attachment 189398

Ipswich vs Aston Villa

Last edited:
Saturday 25th​ February 2017

View attachment 1010288

View attachment 189397

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Emerson, Clark, Amavi, Grealish, Veretout, Carroll, Sinclair, Larrivey, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Gabby Agbonlahor 9.5

I don’t know what has happened but we are playing incredibly well recently. Coming from 2-0 down to 3-2 thanks to 3 goals from super sub Gabby Agbonlahor. Going away to Swansea is always going to be tough, but the lads have really stepped it up in the past few months

feedback is always welcomed, i'd love to know what you are thinking about the save or how i can improve the way that i get the information across :D

Just finished catching up. Very good work, I like the match reports and monthly overview. You've been on great run lately, hope it keeps up .

I saw no transfers in January,did you spend all of the budget in summer transfer window ?

yeah i didn't bring anyone in for the January window. it was only a few outs but they weren't players of note really. Bacon went for 275k to Leeds i think, and Edson Braafheid went to Fulham i believe for 250k. there was also the sale of Carlos Sanchez, so it was purely back up players that were sold by the club

Wednesday 1st​ March 2017

View attachment 189074
FEBRUARY REVIEW

View attachment 189073

Another brilliant month for the boys with 9 points from a possible 12. Very close loss against Arsenal but was followed up by 3 brilliant victories and 1 that sends us through to the 6th​ round of the FA Cup

PLAYER OF THE MONTH – Gabby Agbonlahor

View attachment 189072

Agbonlahor has been brilliant this month with 4 goals from 4 games, with most of them coming from the bench. A superb hat trick against Swansea brought us from 2-0 down to win 3-2

TABLE

View attachment 189071

Staying up the league and in 9th​ position, which is absolutely brilliant for the lads. Hopefully we can keep our position in the top 10, but it will be a long trek until the end of the season.

A great month mate and a brilliant season so far! Only 5points from 6th, europa league??!?! A top 10finish would be a great season anyway mate.
Did you have money to spend in jan? Or just chose not to spend.

A great month mate and a brilliant season so far! Only 5points from 6th, europa league??!?! A top 10finish would be a great season anyway mate.
Did you have money to spend in jan? Or just chose not to spend.
thanks for following man, god yeah Europa League would be crazy to think about considering how we are over-performing in 9th currently, but who knows.
yeah i didn't have any money to spend in January, and i didn't feel like i needed to strengthen anyway so it was to much of a problem

Saturday 4th​ March 2017

View attachment 189063

View attachment 189062

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Emerson, Clark, Amavi, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Larrivey, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Idrissa Gueye 8.8

2-0 loss against a strong Chelsea side, but as the stats showed, we should really have won the game. We had 22 shots with 9 on target, and they had 9 shots with 2 on target, and they scored them both.

This really is fantastic, you are doing an amazing job with the Villa side you have! keep it up!

Sunday 5th​ March 2017
YOUTH INTAKE

View attachment 189061

Okay youth intake for 2017, with 2 players being the only real stand out players in terms of their potentials. Hopefully they can turn out to be good players in the future and play some first team games for us.

DAVE SLATER

View attachment 189060

15-year-old right back with a 3-½ star to 4 star potential. Hopefully he can develop well enough and in the future could take over from Crespo and Richards as the starting Right Back

JOMO MORRIS

View attachment 189059

Probably the best player that came out of the youth intake this year. The 15-year-old central attacking midfielder has a 3 star to 4 star potential, and has some cracking pace and very good flair. Hopefully he can turn out as a good player and can be our starting CAM in future games.

Last edited:
Wednesday 8th​ March 2017

View attachment 189043

View attachment 189042

LINE UP – Guzan, Richards, Emerson, Clark, Frydek, Grealish, Veretout, Gueye, Sinclair, Larrivey, Ayew

PLAYER OF MATCH – Idrissa Gueye 8.4

Absolutely brilliant result away at Southampton to move us up to 8th​ position in the league. The only goal coming from Idrissa Gueye who gest his second MOTM in as many games