Bringing Back The Glory Days - Tottenham Hotspur

really tough set of fixtures but what a start! you going attacking or contol?

Wonderful start to the season mate, loving the new layout as well!!

really tough set of fixtures but what a start! you going attacking or contol?
Cheers bud, appreciate it. When I'm away, I tend to stick to control and at home it is pure attacking.

**** of a kickstart mate well done
Cheers mate.

Wonderful start to the season mate, loving the new layout as well!!
Thanks! It's how I use to set out my old stories, and I prefer it because it's easier to talk about each match individually.

Glad everyone is enjoying it as much as me. :D

That is an amazing start to the season, particularly the 4-2 win against United. I'm liking the look of that five star potential French attacking mid regen as well. He might turn out to be your star player in a couple of seasons.

That is an amazing start to the season, particularly the 4-2 win against United. I'm liking the look of that five star potential French attacking mid regen as well. He might turn out to be your star player in a couple of seasons.
I'm hoping so.. and the Striker. 6'8" at 16, I'm hoping that he turns into a monster, every set piece going to his head, lol

September 2015
*I will only be showing the Tottenham scorers.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Aston Villa (Premiership)
goal.png
14' Souleymane Coulibaly
man-of-the-match.png
Kevin Mackay (Tottenham Hotspur)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1
Comments: A poor effort to be honest. We went 1-0 up early on but from there we were on the defensive end of things. I put in a few youngsters so that my more experienced players were ready for the Champions League match in a couple of days, but it didn't pay off.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Real Zaragoza (Champions League)
goal.png
27' Gareth Bale
own-goal.png
58' Anthony Annan (og)
goal.png
61' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
63' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
70' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
Stevan Jovetic (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 5 - 1
Comments: My strongest team were back in action and shown the rest of the squad how to play. Absolutley dominant displays all over the pitch, the only blemish being the goal we conceded from their one and only corner.

Sunderland vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
Hugo Lloris (Sunderland)
defeat.png
FT 1 - 0
Comments: Hopefully this was a blip. We matched them for possession and shots, but they could shoot on target and we couldn't. If it wasn't for Lloris we would have lost by a lot more.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Liverpool (Capital One Cup)
man-of-the-match.png
Danny Wilson (Liverpool)
defeat.png
FT 0 - 1
Comments: It happened once again, we more than matched them for shots and possession we just couldn't finish. I don't where this has come from after our goalscoring form recently.

Blackburn Rovers vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
1' Seydou Doumbia
own-goal.png
56' Paul Robinson (og)
goal.png
72' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
81' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Rodrigo (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 2 - 4
Comments: We can score again! Doumbia managed to put my mind at ease early on and when ex-Spur Paul Robinson gifted us a goal to put us two up we didn't look back. Blackburn got two late goals but their effort was in vain.

Olympique Lyonnais vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League)
goal.png
53' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
68' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
75' Douglas Costa
man-of-the-match.png
Seydou Doumbia (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 2 - 3
Comments: It was all square at half time, and Lyon went ahead instantly after reappearing from the break. But that man again popped up with a brace and sent us into the lead, only for Briand to equalise in the 70th minute. Just as I thought that we would go on a downward spiral, Douglas Costa went on a brilliant run and rounded the keeper to finish a superb run. We seen out the rest of the game with relative ease and kept out 100% record in the group stages.

Overview
Obviously starting on a high last month, we couldn't keep up with the good run. With a few decent results, the Villa and Sunderland matches proved to be stumbling blocks. Hopefully we can now turn the form at the end of the month into the beginning of a good run.

League Table

October 2015

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Norwich City (Premiership)
goal.png
16' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
56' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
90+1' Mousa Dembélé
man-of-the-match.png
Kevin Mackay (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 0
Comments: A great start to the month and ensures that we stay in touch with the front runners in the league. I created a new tactic for the match as I am trying to get a tactic which dominates possession and in this game we finished with 66% possession. Not a bad way to start.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Derby County (Premiership)
goal.png
10' Bernard
goal.png
26' Mousa Dembélé
goal.png
78' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Michael Bell (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 0
Comments: Another match, another 3-0 win and we finished with 66% possession again. Our passing was crisp, we were passing it through every gap and creating chances everywhere. It's filling me with confidence and I'm looking forward to the next match.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Fenerbahce (Champions League)
goal.png
31' Jan Vertonghen
man-of-the-match.png
Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 0
Comments: Another confident performance saw us leave with a 1-0 win. The opposition may have had 19 shots, but 18 of them were from distance and only a couple hit target and never really troubled. A good win.

Southampton vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
82' Seydou Doumbia
man-of-the-match.png
Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1
Comments: After absorbing pressure much of the match despite our attacking mentality, we eventually got the breakthrough with less than ten minutes left on the clock. Unfortunately we were undone by a Gaston Ramirez freekick, and to be honest they got what they deserved.

Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
own-goal.png
83' Jason Steele (og)
man-of-the-match.png
Steven Caulker (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 1
Comments: This nearly turned out to be a complete shocker. We were actually dominated from the get go but luckily enough our defence and goalie played very well. We played a weakened side due to having a Champions League match in a couple of days and it paid off in the end.

Overview
Not a bad month considering the change in tactic and we're beginning to make a lot more passes that lead to clear cut chances. This is what I am after and hopefully once the team become more adept with the tactic we will be a lot more dominant in the matches. Arsenal are again showing glimpses of their form last season and have won every match this month, but hopefully I can keep up with them this year.

League Table

November 2015

Fenerbahce vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League)
goal.png
30' Gareth Bale
goal.png
60' Douglas Costa
goal.png
88' Jan Vertonghen
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 1 - 3
Comments: Another great win in the Champions League, keeping my 100% record in the group stages. We seemed to struggle quite a bit with our passing and possession, but our resilience shone through and we came out with the win. I'm not sure we would have against a better side though.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester City (Premiership)
goal.png
8' Douglas Costa
goal.png
14' Mousa Dembélé
goal.png
28' Douglas Costa
own-goal.png
48' Micah Richards
goal.png
64' Mousa Dembélé
man-of-the-match.png
Douglas Costa (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 5 - 1
Comments: I was expecting a REALLY tough match against City, but they just didn't turn up. Whilst they shared an even amount of possession, they just couldn't mount a significant attack as we constantly forced them into making last ditch tackles and blocks. A great win for us and Arsenal drew, putting us within two points of the leaders.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United (Premiership)
goal.png
33' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
40' Seydou Doumbia
goal.png
81' Gylfi Sigurdsson
man-of-the-match.png
Seydou Doumbia (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 3 - 1
Comments: Going down 1-0 within four minutes gave us a worrying and shakey start. But we soon got a foot hold in the game and went from strength to strength. Seydou Doumbia showing his lethal touch once more and is very much making that position his own.

Arsenal vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
man-of-the-match.png
draw.png
FT 0 - 0
Comments: The two best attacks and defences went head to head in this tight encounter and the defence came out on top. In a match of few chances I can't complain at the end result as Arsenal haven't lost at home in the league since two seasons ago. So picking up a point was a huge feat. Everyone played well and I'm happy to come away without a loss!

Real Zaragoza vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Champions League)
goal.png
28' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
38' Gylfi Sigurdsson (pen)
goal.png
90+1' Stevan Jovetic
man-of-the-match.png
Stevan Jovetic (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 3
Comments: Having already qualified, we played a weakened side. Our young Scottish Goalkeeper was called upon many times and looked assured with each save he made. Unfortunately he couldn't keep all of their shots out and they scored one late on. But Stevan Jovetic was the man to watch in Doumbia's absence, making plenty of runs and creating space proved too much for the opposition today.

West Bromwich Albion vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
82' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 0 - 1
Comments: A great way to see out the month, and this time it was Rodrigo's turn to score. We managed to limit the opposition to 10 shots, with 8 being from distance. Whilst we shared possession, the majority of it was in their half. We also had a very high passing accuracy (85%), from just under 550 passes.

Overview
An end to a great month as we look forward to the Christmas period and I won the Manager of the Month Award for the fourth time in my career. I am very pleased that all of my strikers are managing to get on the scoresheet. The midfields passing is getting better and better, and they're making more passes in each match. The defence on a whole has been solid, and we beginning to get more clean sheets. Hopefully we can build on this in the coming months.

League Table

Looks like if you don't get he right results - Arsenal will run away with the title again. Good luck this season bud!

Looks like if you don't get he right results - Arsenal will run away with the title again. Good luck this season bud!
Thanks mate, I'm thinking the same as you. -I started using a new tactic and formation that I created from the start of October after reading a thread about possession tactics (I think Raikan started it), and I am basically using it as my bible to try and create a good one, and so far I am having decent results. Fingers crossed it continues to improve and we keep up with our rivals.

I agree with Sneech seem liek Arsenal will just grab teh title and run away again if you are not carefull. Either way best of luck mate. I got my hands on FM2013 too and well i'm hooked now lol Great game

Link me to this thread???? - Struggling so much with tactics -.-

December 2015

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea (Champions League)
goal.png
29' Aaron Lennon
goal.png
41' Souleymane Coulibaly
goal.png
81' Sandro
man-of-the-match.png
Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
win.png
FT 3 - 1
Comments: What a win. Dominance personified, with both M'Vila and Sandro with over 70 passes each and both with a completion rate of around 92%. They couldn't have done it without the run of the wingers and strikers though, and this new style of football is becoming very pleasing to watch. Also, a little unsure how Torres got man of the match and Sandro and M'Vila were brilliant.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Olympique Lyonnais (Champions League)
goal.png
74' Gylfi Sigurdsson
man-of-the-match.png
Bakary Koné (Olympique Lyonnais)
draw.png
FT 1 - 1
Comments: The last game of the group stages and we were already guaranteed top spot, leading to a few youngster being able to get their taste of European Football. We started off on the back foot, giving away a penalty but Mackay saved. The match was end to end from there and we went in at the break a goal down. We came out looking strong eventually winning a penalty and substitute Sigurdsson scored with ease. The likes of Mackay, Moore, Bell, Tiba and Farrell impressed, all youngsters who seem to have a lot of potential.

Stoke City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
11' Douglas Costa
goal.png
73' Rodrigo
man-of-the-match.png
Younes Kaboul (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 2
Comments: Another well fought win and top defending performance from our team. The team are beginning to be come completely accustomed to the tactic. We still need to work on the formation and shape of the team and learn to cope with the new quicker tempo, but things are looking good.

Swansea City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
18' Aaron Lennon
goal.png
35' Aaron Lennon
goal.png
45+2' Rodrigo
goal.png
62' Rodrigo
goal.png
75' Souleyman Coulibaly
man-of-the-match.png
win.png
FT 1 - 5
Comments: Creativity at it's highest! A great win and a great way to continue on this magnificent run. Aaron Lennon has been kept out of the side most of the season by Douglas Costa and seemed very keen to stamp his ability in the first team giving me a great dilemma to have.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Reading (Premiership)
goal.png
41' Douglas Costa
man-of-the-match.png
Douglas Costa (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 1 - 0
Comments: Another comfortable win despite the scoreline showing it as a close game. Again we dominated the possession and Dembélé had a quality game making just under 100 passes and only misplacing 2 passes.

Tottenham Hotspur vs. Wigan Athletic (Premiership)
goal.png
6' Rodrigo
goal.png
29' Stevan Jovetic
goal.png
43' Rodrigo
goal.png
74' Sandro
goal.png
87' Jan Vertonghen
man-of-the-match.png
Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 5 - 1
Comments: I'm beginning to enjoy watching this formation, the triangles playing it around their defence with ease. If they get into trouble they'll pass it back and begin the attack again. We played perfectly, apart from the only blemish being their one shot on target and scoring from it.

Manchester United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Premiership)
goal.png
43' Gareth Bale
man-of-the-match.png
Gareth Bale (Tottenham Hotspur)
win.png
FT 0 - 1
Comments: A good hard fought win. United had plenty of shots on goal but only a few of them were on target and a majority of them were from long distance. We managed to keep the majority of their possession in their half and were constantly hassling them if we lost possession.

Overview
Quite literally an amazing month, especially to win all of the games throughout the Christmas period is almost unheard of. The youngsters are performing well when called upon due to the tight turn around in fixtures and the passing is getting better and better. We now have a good lead in the league and hopefully it can only get bigger. In all honesty if we continue to play like this, I can't see us dropping too many points befoe the end of the season.. not that I want to jinx myself.

Highlights: Younes Kaboul picked up the Player of the Month Award with Sandro coming close as runner-up. Also, I was lucky enough to pick up the Manager of the Month award once again.

League Table

Loving this, keep up the good work. Looks like your latest signings really are beginning to turn you into the top team. Good to see ambitions go from champions league qualifying to title challenging. Make that spot your own now!