i go for the 4 - 1 - 4 - 1
playing behind cavani :D
It worked wonders on fm12 and is working well so far :D

this is looking good :D
i usually sign cavani, and he is a beast for tottenham i find !! :D
i go for the 4 - 1 - 4 - 1
playing behind cavani :D
It worked wonders on fm12 and is working well so far :D

I know Cavani would be absolutely perfect in the team, but my intention is to unearth some unknown talent (hence the ridiculous price for Bernard). I believe Spurs have the team capable to compete at a decent level in the Champs League without too much addition, so I'm trying a different approach to look to the future for the club.

Let me know how you get on though!

Last edited:
February 2013
february2012.png

A pretty disappointing month after the way December and January went. No losses in the three league matches, but only the one win with the two draws.

In the Europa league I put out a weakened side with a few regulars and my young Brazilian Starlet once more shines through, this time with a hatrick and an assist and pretty much single handedly putting us through to the next round against Atlético Madrid. (The reason he hasn't been starting yet is because he's the same position as Bale, who isn't doing too badly either).

At the end of the month Caulker, once again received an award. This time is was not the Young Player of the Month, it was a step up with the Player of the Month award. He has been improving game by game and is giving the seniors a run for their money when competing for the first team place.

Next month the only games of note will be the Europa League games against Atlético.

Last edited:
March 2013
march2013.png

Another disappointing month league-wise. The draw at home to Wigan and the loss away to Southampton has put a dent in my Champions League hopes with the top 6 all keeping up with each other. At the minute luckily, I am third but onlt 4 points ahead of Chelsea in 6th.

Bernard again plays well in the Europa league, scoring and assisting. Now with eight goals (six in europe) I attempted to start him in a few of the league matches as Bale got injured in training. It wasn't the best idea as it seems Bernard still isn't at pace with the Premiership and some media sources commenting that he may not yet have the maturity to warrant a first team place.

Next month we are in the Quarter Finals of the Europa League against PSV. Now that we have got this far, I like the idea of attempting to get my hands on some silverware this season, so watch this space.

My main aim however is to turn my league form back into wins as I attempt to secure at Champions League spot.

April 2013
april2013.png

Awful, awful, awful month. Morale is at an all time low, and even the team meeting I had seemed to make things worse (think I need to work on my man management). Friedel was at the forefront of the rebellion in the dressing room as the Captain agreed with me, Friedel piped up and said "he's talking rubbish" resulting in players morale dropping further.

The Arsenal game was painstaking as we let in an 89th minute Giroud goal, maybe going extremely vocal on an already downbeat side was the wrong idea but I was angry with how we lost the match.

Losing to QPR at home was also another point in a dismal second half of the season where we just couldn't get into the game, I'm surprised that we are still in contention for a Champions League spot but it is looking increasingly unlikely as our last three games are Liverpool, Man City and West Ham.. I can't even say that I'm confident about the West Ham game and we could be the team that relegates them, which the fans would love.

The Europa League now seems like the only competition we are consistent in, going into the second leg with a 2-1 deficit, that away goal could prove vital.

I'm looking forward to finishing this season and seeing what we end up with. At the halfway point I was confident, now I just want it out of the way.

May 2013
To my surprise on the first of the month I was offered a new four year contract. I quite literally bit Daniel Levy's hand off before he could change his mind. Hopefully I can repay the faith that he has clearly shown in me.
may2013.png

The match against Napoli was unreal. All the scoring was complete by the 48th minute and it was a back to the wall, nerve racking remaining 42 minutes as I knew a goal would put Napoli through on away goals. Lloris played brilliantly to put us through to the final and is the first name on the teamsheet.

The draw with Liverpool was another nervous affair as we were constantly bombarded with only the likes of Caulker and Lloris to thank for keeping us in the game. Lloris picking up a man of the match award.

The Man City match, what can I say? I thought it was the Liverpool game all over, back and forth, mainly going towards my goal. Lloris making some crucial saves yet again, but Lennon being the difference with his 85th minute goal, setting us up for possible Champions League qualification. (I actually cheered out loud and scared the dog when I scored, lol).

Can't quite believe that we won the Europa League, with us dominating the first half and going in at the break goalless was a bit disheartening. Then going behind in the 66th minute forced me to make three changes, one of them being Bale who scored the last minute winner. A good win.
2013europaleague.png

With West Ham already relegated I wanted a win to ensure Champions League qualification, and for the fans to gloat that they got it by defeating their London rivals and we did. An easy 3-0 romp to victory with our Brazilian wonderkid Bernard completing the scoring in the 92nd minute to round off a good season, in the end.

At then end of the season awards, I finished runner up to Alan Pardew for Manager of the Year. I think he fully deserved it though as they did the unthinkable and won the Premiership.

Aaron Lennon and Younes Kaboul got into the Premier Division Select XI, and I was a little disappointed that Hugo Lloris didn't get any recognition for a good season. I guess some of the losses went against him even though he still had good games despite the losses.

I have also been informed by the Tottenham board that we will be getting a new stadium built with a capacity of just under 50,000 and our training facilities will be getting upgraded.

Just thought I'd note, that unfortunately, Arsenal won the Champions league... still in their shadows. Not impressed, lol

Yes I saw that ut I forgot because it is in pounds, I use Euro. Thanks anyway... As much screenshots as you can, if it troubles you. Thanks!

September

Overall not the greatest month, being lucky enough to turn the 1-0 scoreline deficit around to win 2-1 in the 90th minute against Reading managed to appease some of my concerns, but I'm really not looking forward to facing both Man Utd and Chelsea in October.

Losing to Burnley in the Capital One Cup was a big shock to me, we just didn't turn up and the match left me completely bemused and giving out aggressive team talks when play came to a close.

Great read, but I gotta love this quote :) I am a Burnley fan, hehe!

Keep it up buddy!

Yes I saw that ut I forgot because it is in pounds, I use Euro. Thanks anyway... As much screenshots as you can, if it troubles you. Thanks!
lol, I think you're asking a bit too much mate. That would be around 60 screenshots, way too much.

Great read, but I gotta love this quote :) I am a Burnley fan, hehe!

Keep it up buddy!

lol, glad someone enjoyed my misery :D. Burnley finished third in the league last season too, unfortunately not making it through the playoffs, losing to Huddersfield in the final.

Another thing, Champions of England were Newcastle, Germany was Hannover, Italy was Napoli, France was Paris, and Barcelona in Spain.. some slight shocks there if you ask me.

Decent first season :) you gonna aim to win the league now?

lol, I think you're asking a bit too much mate. That would be around 60 screenshots, way too much.
No, I didn`t mean every player, just first team members and maybe Coulibaly, some promising kids etc...

No, I didn`t mean every player, just first team members and maybe Coulibaly, some promising kids etc...
But over the course of the season I rotated, so there was a good 15-20 regulars. And if you want the attributes and reports, that's two screenshots per player. That's still time consuming. Sorry bud.

Decent first season :) you gonna aim to win the league now?

I'm going for Champs League Qualification again, there just seems like there is too much competition for the Title with 7 of us pretty close. Who knows though, there could be a surprise at the end of the season, fingers crossed.

But over the course of the season I rotated, so there was a good 15-20 regulars. And if you want the attributes and reports, that's two screenshots per player. That's still time consuming. Sorry bud.

I totally understand. Can you atleast tell me about how Dembele performed and what is his natural position. Also how are other players faring, say Sandro, Bale, Adebayor? I will replace Lennon, I think he is too bad (his abilities)

I totally understand. Can you atleast tell me about how Dembele performed and what is his natural position. Also how are other players faring, say Sandro, Bale, Adebayor? I will replace Lennon, I think he is too bad (his abilities)
Have you read through the season at all? lol, Lennon was one of my best players. Dembele can play pretty much anywhere in midfield, he plays well behind the front man but I retrained him to a defensive playmaker where he is a success too. Sandro is an amazing anchorman and is progressing and progressing. Bale is Bale, everyone knows how good he is and that he is bound to be a world beater. Adebayor has been rotating with Defoe and they're both as good as each other, I think it could depend on the tactics you use for them though.

Fans Player of The Season

Pre-Season
preseason.png

A good pre-season with no losses, which boosted the morale and confidence a treat.

First Team Squad

August

The Sunderland match was a struggle and no fun to watch, with Lloris yet again saving my bacon. Constantly on the back foot and getting a lucky equaliser in the dying minutes.

In the first match against Leverkusen, Lennon was absolutley amazing. He was getting his tackles in, and finishing his chances. A bit peeved with the defence though.

The QPR match I absolutely hammered them, but the old crossing and computer scoring got them two goals back. Not sure if it's the same as what people have been complaining about for the beta, as I thought I was lucky enough not to be suffering from it, but it is getting more and more common.

The second leg against Leverkusen was lucky according to the media, but we finished our chances, that is all that matters, and Bale had a stormer. Won 9-5 on aggregate.

The Arsenal match was a little bit gutting, losing in Extra Time (to a Neymar goal) is never fun and it's no good losing to your rivals. I'm sure we'll get our revenge in the League.

Transfers

I'll be honest, none of the signings in were my doing. I gave a list to Daniel Levy who went out and did all of the negoitiations.

Arsenal beat Manchester United in the race for Neymar.

Wolverhampton Wanderers beat Tottenham in the race for the npower Championship Player of the Year, Thomas Ince. (I think it was due to the offer of first team, whereas I offered the rotation option).

Everton sign Neil Taylor from Tottenham on a free. He refused to sign a new contract due to lack of game time... a lot of money down the drain in a few months.

Chelsea beat Manchester City in the race for Ever Banega.

Sevilla have beat Tottenham for the signing of Inigo Martinez, a very promising looking centre back.

Not too sure why we signed young Hahn, he wasn't on my list but Levy took matters into his own hands as I gave him the reigns this season. I did notice however that if you give a list for him to work on he does do his best to get them. Also, he spends more than the budget he gives you.

Have you read through the season at all? lol, Lennon was one of my best players. Dembele can play pretty much anywhere in midfield, he plays well behind the front man but I retrained him to a defensive playmaker where he is a success too. Sandro is an amazing anchorman and is progressing and progressing. Bale is Bale, everyone knows how good he is and that he is bound to be a world beater. Adebayor has been rotating with Defoe and they're both as good as each other, I think it could depend on the tactics you use for them though.

Yeah, I saw Lennon scored 15 goals, but I just don`t like the way he or Walcott are done on this or the last FM. Thanks...

Fair enough, but 15 goals and 18 assists in a season for a winger is hard to argue with.