Bringing Back The Glory Days - Tottenham Hotspur

Transfer Deadline Day
As far as I was aware, the last day of August was the deadline day. To my surprise it turns out it was the 2nd of September, and Daniel Levy surprises me as he snaps up Douglas Costa from Shakhtar with no warning for £10.25m and if he is anything like the last game, it's a bargain.

I'd love to know where this money is coming from, with £290m to build a new stadium and only £27m transfer budget, Daniel Levy has gone out and spent over £40m on players that have definitely improved my squad. At first I thought it would be a bad idea to let him have control but he certainly seems to have a good idea of players we need.

Confusing me this now :p

Lets say the table is like this;

PLD

Arsenal 38
Aston Villa 38
Chelsea 38
Everton 38
Fulham 38
Liverpool 38
Man Utd 38
Man City 38
Newcastle 38
Norwich 38
QPR 38
Reading 38
Sunderland 38
Southampton 38
Swansea 38
Stoke 38
Tottenham 38
West Ham 38
West Brom 38
Wigan 38

Work out all the 8's first (8x20 =160)
Now all the 30's (30x20= 600)

160 + 600 = 760 ??

It has to be 760 because if 20 teams each play 38 games it gives a total of 760.

I understand where your comming from as far as when two teams play that counts as a game for both teams but they play each other twice therefore it doubles so i don't get how it is 380 lol

EDIT: FINALLYY !!

I have just worked it out and it is 380 :p

I tryed a differant approach, i used arsenal and aston villa as examples and thaught to myself right, arsenal play villa twice, which means that villa play arsenal twice therefore theoretically taking up 4 game slots where as it is actually only two. Therefore the 760 needs to be halved giving you the almighty 380.

Thank god i have managed that i can now go to sleep, touche my freind lol :p

Last edited:
Now thats out of the way lol, have you had a look at Willian from Shakthar mate ? Maybe he could be a possible option next season out wide :)

think you've done really well to get top four. im also doing a spurs save and am struggling so badly! im 11th after 13 league games but have won every europa game. the problem seems to be that we just cant kill off teams, often dominating and losing games we should be winning. i also got spanked 7-1 by the scum at the emirates which is humiliating. any tips on what may be wrong. i know its just a game but this is breaking my heart!

Now thats out of the way lol, have you had a look at Willian from Shakthar mate ? Maybe he could be a possible option next season out wide :)
He's a player I hope Spurs get in real life. We signed Douglas Costa and he wasn't on the list of transfer targets I gave to Levy. Willian will definitely be at the top of the list from January onwards, I seem to be having a Brazilian revolution... Sandro, Casemiro, Douglas Costa, Bernard (who, incidentally has just won his first cap for Brazil in my game). and adding Willian to the mix could be a great idea.

Thanks for the tip.

think you've done really well to get top four. im also doing a spurs save and am struggling so badly! im 11th after 13 league games but have won every europa game. the problem seems to be that we just cant kill off teams, often dominating and losing games we should be winning. i also got spanked 7-1 by the scum at the emirates which is humiliating. any tips on what may be wrong. i know its just a game but this is breaking my heart!

I know what you mean, it does get annoying. Are you having problems with teams scoring goals from crosses against you? That seems to be everyone's qualm at the minute, I play with a flat back 4, and two dmc's. Which seems to pack out our box when they take it down the wings and inevitably with our height we clear it a lot and can usually break.

When I'm winning by a couple of goals I also give the shout 'retain possession' and keep the tempo slow and short passing and try to make the opposition chase the ball and run out of energy. Let me know how you get on.

September 2013
september2013.png

I can't help but feel disappointed with how this month panned out. I mean, the win at home to Liverpool in the league, the thrashing at home in the Champions League over Galatasaray, and picking up a point in the 3-3 draw with United at Old Trafford (we lost 5-1 there last season), I thought the Stoke and Huddersfield games would be easy.

Unfortunately, the Stoke stalemates only highlight was Lloris' three penalty saves in the shoot out... and we got pretty much dominated by Huddersfield after taking the lead in 43 secs. -Granted I used weakened teams for both as I have Bayern Munich at the start of the month in the Champions League and I wanted my players fresh. But I honestly thought we would win those two matches with a second string as it's still a strong team.

Anyway, roll on next month.. unbeaten this month so I can't complain.

In October, I have six matches, and only one game at home. Away games always seem a **** of a lot harder to me, so we'll see how this month treats me.

October 2013
october2013.png

After a shakey couple of draws to start the month we are finally starting to win again, and we've kept a few clean sheets in the past couple of matches with both Lloris and Rensing (in the cup) putting on some great performances.

Another unbeaten month which I am proud of but I wish the forwards could do their jobs and begin to score more rather than leaving it to the midfield and wingers most matches (14 goals scored this month, 3 by strikers). Their roles aren't to hold the ball up, and lay off assists, it's to hit the back of the net. lol, I shouldn't complain, we're winning.

This month will be a toughy as we are due to face, Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle in the league. I'll soon see how that turns out...

how do you get the chairman to make signings?
Go to the dropdown menu at the top next to the name of the team you're managing and click on 'staff responsibilities'. Then there is a 'Transfers Incoming' section, change the role next to 'Find and make offers for players for your first team'. You can change it to the Chairman or Director of Football. (I've noticed the Chairman spends alot more though.. at least at Tottenham he does).

And to add players to your target list for the designated person to make offer for, on your behalf. Right click on their name, highlight 'transfer' then click on 'add as transfer target'.

Also, something I forgot to do until recently, hence the awful Neil Taylor deal, and the stupid Leighton Baines wages. -Go to the Staff Responsibilities section, in the 'transfers incoming' section, and make sure your name is selected for 'finalises first team signings'.

That way you should be able to cancel any silly deals.

He's a player I hope Spurs get in real life. We signed Douglas Costa and he wasn't on the list of transfer targets I gave to Levy. Willian will definitely be at the top of the list from January onwards, I seem to be having a Brazilian revolution... Sandro, Casemiro, Douglas Costa, Bernard (who, incidentally has just won his first cap for Brazil in my game). and adding Willian to the mix could be a great idea.

Thanks for the tip.

Welcome mate, i always had sucess with him, sooo much so that i even got him with Barcelona at the end of the first season for £18M. I dont know how all these Shakthar players have gone unseen tbh, Luiz Adriano, Alex Texieira, Willian and Douglas Costa are all top players in my eyes when i watch them play :)

Also, have you checked out Romario the young brazil left/right back ?

Welcome mate, i always had sucess with him, sooo much so that i even got him with Barcelona at the end of the first season for £18M. I dont know how all these Shakthar players have gone unseen tbh, Luiz Adriano, Alex Texieira, Willian and Douglas Costa are all top players in my eyes when i watch them play :)

Also, have you checked out Romario the young brazil left/right back ?

I think the Shakhtar players get ignored because of the league they play in, but I do agree, I've always been a fan of Fernandinho since he was at Paranaense (and I'm not just saying that because of the Chelsea game). Brazilian footy is a hobby of mine to watch, there is raw talent in every match.

Haven't looked into Romario yet... I think I'll try and make Willian my last signing. I'm going to concentrate on seeing what players my scouts can find this coming year so I can add to my youth team. I already have a decent looking left back regen who is currently on loan at Preston. Playing every so often too.

November 2013
november2013.png

All I have to say about this month is that it is the favourite of my career, despite the demoralising loss to Galatasaray. Beating Arsenal 2-0 and dominating from start to finish was a good feeling, lol.

And the Chelsea match, we went 1-0 up in 13 seconds with a maizy run from the Spanish striker Rodrigo, and the domination in this match was unreal too even though it was 1-1 at half time, I could see us scoring more with the way we were playing.

Despite them two games which gave me huge personal satisfaction, we should have lost to both Everton and Newcastle, so I can't complain with the draws.

Also thought I'd show you how England got on in the World Cup Qualifiers...
england.png

hey mate. massive change of fortune, now 5th in january. i've also signed baines likes yourself. i seem to feel that ekotto doest get a fair representation on this edition, he is definitely my weak link.

also i agree with the problem about conceding goals from crosses. it is driving me mad and often costs me points late on in games. i use the control tactic with fluid philosophy and short passing, pressing the opposition too. the rest i leave to default. how about yourself.

i like what you have done with levy and i am most probably going to try this myself. lloris is great on the game, one of the best keepers i've had on any fm. he wins points for me alone. who do you feel is best in cam? dempsey dembele or sigurdsson?

enjoying this thread too. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!