Is that a bug though? How well did you do over the season? Could it be that you just lost your job?

Why is that a bug? Maybe they're not satisfied by your overall management of the club. Often happens irl imo.

Hey guys.. I just played additional world cup qualifications with Croatia against France, I managed to get 1-1 at home in first game, and then I pulled even 1-1 score away in France, full time passed ok, first overtime ok, second ok.. then the game went to penalties.. I normally had to select the players that will be taking penalties and then.. hmm.. what then.. nothing.. there was no button to start the penalties anywhere on the screen, i tried clicking on aynthing there was, even waiting for maybe auto start, changed the views and camera, etc.. etc.. I tried everything but couldn`t advance further, finally I lost my patience and exited the game, luckily I saved before the match.. now I have to go through the game again.. I think this is the one of the glitches in the game.. anybody had this problem maybe? Not to mention I play with Real Madrid along with the Croatia and I can`t seem to be able to get a decent tactic.. whichever I try, defaults or my custom made ones neither one seems to get the trick.. I struggle with both squads against every type of opponent.. weak or strong.. it doesn`t matter.. and I keep conceding idiotic goals all the time..

If you're 100% sure that there's no way to continue to the penalty shoot-out, I think you should report it.

has anyone else had problems with player searches, if you scroll down then click on a player and click back to get back to player search screen it automatically goes back to the top of the list....rather irritating

Hey guys.. I just played additional world cup qualifications with Croatia against France, I managed to get 1-1 at home in first game, and then I pulled even 1-1 score away in France, full time passed ok, first overtime ok, second ok.. then the game went to penalties.. I normally had to select the players that will be taking penalties and then.. hmm.. what then.. nothing.. there was no button to start the penalties anywhere on the screen, i tried clicking on aynthing there was, even waiting for maybe auto start, changed the views and camera, etc.. etc.. I tried everything but couldn`t advance further, finally I lost my patience and exited the game, luckily I saved before the match.. now I have to go through the game again.. I think this is the one of the glitches in the game.. anybody had this problem maybe? Not to mention I play with Real Madrid along with the Croatia and I can`t seem to be able to get a decent tactic.. whichever I try, defaults or my custom made ones neither one seems to get the trick.. I struggle with both squads against every type of opponent.. weak or strong.. it doesn`t matter.. and I keep conceding idiotic goals all the time..

if you still have the save just before the game, then please log it at the bugs forum at SI so they can see if they can reproduce it.

Your other issue not winning matches is hardly a bug is it :)

Agreed to sign Diego on a free transfer, he accepted the contract etcc, then when it came to it it said I didn't have enough funds to complete the deal?! I had enough wages hence why it let me give him the contract he wants

So, I just finished my first season with Roma. It was a decent season, finished in the 3rd spot only 5 points behind the eventual winners. Anyways, the WC2014 is about to begin and there have been a lot of managerial changes. I mean a LOT !! Let me give you a few examples.

Man city became 4th in the league and sacked Pellegrini. Klopp took over from Dortmund.
Villas-Boas, after just making Spurs 2nd in the league, joined Dortmund.
Swansea, after winning the Europa league, saw Laudrup take the Spurs hotseat.

Utd got 3rd spot and sacked Moyes. He was replaced by Mourinho, who just won the league with Chelsea !!
Conte, after winning the Seria A and UCL joined Chelsea.
Diego Simeone took over Juventus.

Arsene Wenger, after a disappointing 7th place finish, stepped down from the job.
Bielsa got the Arsenal job, even though he joined AC Milan only 6 months prior to that ( because Allegri was sacked during the season )
Next, Wenger becomes the AC Milan boss !!

These are only the Top club managerial changes I am talking about. There have been numerous other changes throughout Europe. Almost every league had this manager change merry go round. This is clearly unrealistic and has to be a bug. The SI team should look into this before they launch the Game.

Anyone else having the same issue ?? Or is ti just me ??​

I got hit by the sack for playing a player who I'd agreed to drop for underperforming a few months back, even though I was delivering on expectations, had temporarily dropped him and then brought him back and he played well, got sacked after he won a man of the match award.

Forgive my poor english, but, when you say drop, is exactly what?

my save game has corrupted got invalid token save game and my game wont work now tried everything to get it fixed could someone help

Is that a bug though? How well did you do over the season? Could it be that you just lost your job?

Why is that a bug? Maybe they're not satisfied by your overall management of the club. Often happens irl imo.

The board were satisfied with my performance as I had been monitoring it towards the end of the season. Finishing 3rd in the league and runner up in the league cup with Newcastle is more than sufficient to have a contract renewal offered. I fail to see at no point why a contract was not offered as with previous versions of fm. I will see if it happens again at the end of my 2nd season.

Hi! Not sure if this has been mentioned but think I have found a bug: So I had a complete full back on attack as that should be the only option right? I then changed him to a limited full back however the role didn't change ie was still on attack. I haven't tried with all positions but there didn't seem to be the same problem in defensive mid pos, I put someone there as deep lying playmaker on support and changed to anchor man but it did change to defend. Sure it has been found already but didn't want to read whole thread!

Hi! Not sure if this has been mentioned but think I have found a bug: So I had a complete full back on attack as that should be the only option right? I then changed him to a limited full back however the role didn't change ie was still on attack. I haven't tried with all positions but there didn't seem to be the same problem in defensive mid pos, I put someone there as deep lying playmaker on support and changed to anchor man but it did change to defend. Sure it has been found already but didn't want to read whole thread!

Ok it's not doing it on the right full back spot only the left!

To the people who say it may not be a bug, my job security was at over 50%, the player in question was playing well and I'd just signed a new contract, I have reported it to SI and they have confirmed it is a bug.

Last edited:
The board were satisfied with my performance as I had been monitoring it towards the end of the season. Finishing 3rd in the league and runner up in the league cup with Newcastle is more than sufficient to have a contract renewal offered. I fail to see at no point why a contract was not offered as with previous versions of fm. I will see if it happens again at the end of my 2nd season.

Mike Ashley is actually a ****, it could just be realism at play. :p

But yeah, that performance should be sufficient enough to warrant a contract.

I scored direct from a corner last night haven't got any videos atm as I am at work and was to tired to do it last night. Not really sure it can be classed as a bug unless a lot of people are getting the same problem? anyone else seen it?

PS it was a beauty of a goal by Yohan "Dreamboat" Cabaye