Bulgaria vs England 2/9/11 Vasil Levski Stadium Kick Off 19.15 BST

What Will Be The Outcome Of Bulgaria vs England?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
didn't know they sung 'stand up if you hate ...' at any other team? or wished steven gerrard's baby a stillbirth?

What about when they booed Ashley Cole every time he touched the ball. What about all the abuse Lampard gets for not playing as well for England compare to how he plays for Chelsea. What about all the abuse John Terry gets. I am sure some United fans would wish a stillbirth on Gerrards baby, that's just how it is, people are sick, you can't tar them all with the same brush. Also, Chants are just part of the game, they aren't said with real malice, if you get upset by people chanting 'stand up if you hate United'.. I mean.. really? It's getting tiring with the whole 'everyone hates united for no reason QQ', no, it's because you have pretty much dominated the league for the last however many years, much like people hating Chelsea for spending all that money those years ago and winning things, and people hating Man City now for spending money, and people hating Arsenal for chocking at every point they possibly can.

You won't get banned, it's a discussion, part of what a forum is. Granted, it's a slightly touchy subject for some, but I don't see why the actions of a few 'fans' means you won't support England. At the end of the day, it's where you live, I am sure the country has provided for you at some point in your life, you should be proud of the fact that you live in such a place where you have the opportunity to watch and support your team freely, so you should want to see them do well. That's my opinion anyway, I know you're not going to change your mind, not that it bothers me, it's just the reasoning behind why you won't support the national team just seems laughable to me.

What about when they booed Ashley Cole every time he touched the ball. What about all the abuse Lampard gets for not playing as well for England compare to how he plays for Chelsea. What about all the abuse John Terry gets. I am sure some United fans would wish a stillbirth on Gerrards baby, that's just how it is, people are sick, you can't tar them all with the same brush. Also, Chants are just part of the game, they aren't said with real malice, if you get upset by people chanting 'stand up if you hate United'.. I mean.. really? It's getting tiring with the whole 'everyone hates united for no reason QQ', no, it's because you have pretty much dominated the league for the last however many years, much like people hating Chelsea for spending all that money those years ago and winning things, and people hating Man City now for spending money, and people hating Arsenal for chocking at every point they possibly can.

You won't get banned, it's a discussion, part of what a forum is. Granted, it's a slightly touchy subject for some, but I don't see why the actions of a few 'fans' means you won't support England. At the end of the day, it's where you live, I am sure the country has provided for you at some point in your life, you should be proud of the fact that you live in such a place where you have the opportunity to watch and support your team freely, so you should want to see them do well. That's my opinion anyway, I know you're not going to change your mind, not that it bothers me, it's just the reasoning behind why you won't support the national team just seems laughable to me.
yes some of our 'fans' (and i use that term lightly) would wish gerrards baby stillbirth etc, and do much worse.
I don't get what many of you are looking at, i don't 'hate' england and have only stated that don't support them (i think) , i just have no interest in them. granted, i watch world cup games, european cup and even important qualifying games but i just can't bring myself to take an interest in them.
And tbh some of the stuff in that 'choose england' article i also find laughable, i hadn't fully read it in a few months but thought most the points were of relevance.
I guess the most important reason for me not supporting england is, i'm 15 and since a young age my dad has never got intested in england and yes he does hate them, probably for some obscure reason to do with bryan robson and steve bruce (though i don't know the full story there), so i never really supported them.

I am really excited about this game. A difficult away game but very winnable nonetheless. I think 3-1 to England with Chris Smalling getting on the scoresheet. :D I also hope that Cleverley plays some part as well.

P.S. You do sing "Park, Park, wherever you may be, you eat dogs in your home country, could be worse, could be Scouse, etc." so you can't start whining when they singing something back.
yeh i sing that, and some worse things about liverpool, city (and leeds). And liverpool sing things about us. i don't mind that ( as long as it doesn't go too far munich, hilsborough, shanklys death, busby's death songs etc). but there is a clear difference as we have a rivalry with those teams and their cities in liverpool and leeds' cases whereas we don't have a rivalry with england and we allowed them to use old trafford for there games for a few years, they just like to sing about us.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I think england will win 2-0 though, bulgaria are not a great side at the moment

Going for 2-1 England. I mean c'me on-we always concede silly goals so I expect one lol.

I want to see Jagielka lining up with Baines replacing Cole personally. Looking forward to seeing what Jones can do-o yeah forgot, not even showing it on tv-showing Spain v Chile friendly instead :mad:. But hopeful Jones has a good game-extremely talented player.

Quick question Mark. Will you begin to support England more when the future team is mostly Man Utd players or no?

2-1 England for me

Quick question Mark. Will you begin to support England more when the future team is mostly Man Utd players or no?

2-1 England for me
nope, not that i can predict the future. would rather the team had no man utd players to reduce the risk of injury

I really want England to thrash Bulgaria but i have a feeling we will be on top but won't take our chances. Sadly i think 1-0 to Bulgaria :(

I just hope milner isnt on the wing

i'm from england, most united fans from manchester (the real matchgoing ones) don't support england.

Haha what complete tosh that is.

Firstly just because we have a season ticket doesn't make us any better than any other United fan.

Secondly, most people I sit around or know who go to OT all follow their country and want England to do well. They may put their club first but still follow their country.

ANYway. Delusional anti-Englanders aside...

I just hope milner isnt on the wing

Me too. It's no coincidence that he suddenly became brilliant when we played him on the centre, and then decidedly average again once City played him on the wing. We're well stocked for wingers, we don't need to put someone of Milner's drive and energy there against Bulgaria.

ANYway. Delusional anti-Englanders aside...

Me too. It's no coincidence that he suddenly became brilliant when we played him on the centre, and then decidedly average again once City played him on the wing. We're well stocked for wingers, we don't need to put someone of Milner's drive and energy there against Bulgaria.

Parker and Milner in the centre. Excellent cover for the defence, and no slouches in providing ammunition for the front 4. given that Bulgaria will swamp the midfield, their high work rate means they will always work to provide an outlet for the ball to go back and recycle possession.

Young and Downing on the flanks, switching throughout the match.

Berbatov hat trick and you're all doomed.

And as long Portugal wins against Cyprus, i am happy. ahah

Better ****** win I tell you, after the youngsters showed them how to win in style last night 6-0. No excuses

England will win comfortably 3-0.

Terry, Rooney and an OG.

to be fair, since we failed to qualify for the Euro's a few years back, i've had very little interest in England games, even less so since the World Cup. It's more to do with the fact that the whole set-up is a joke more than anything. The fact the FA don't know what they're doing, the fact that tactically, we're 4 or 5 years behind every other major nation, and the fact we have a manager that shows about as much passion as the majority of the players; very little.

to be fair, since we failed to qualify for the Euro's a few years back, i've had very little interest in England games, even less so since the World Cup. It's more to do with the fact that the whole set-up is a joke more than anything. The fact the FA don't know what they're doing, the fact that tactically, we're 4 or 5 years behind every other major nation, and the fact we have a manager that shows about as much passion as the majority of the players; very little.

Don't worry, it's the same over here. Nothing exclusive to England.