Bulgaria vs England 2/9/11 Vasil Levski Stadium Kick Off 19.15 BST

What Will Be The Outcome Of Bulgaria vs England?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Capello hates Richards. I wonder why.....

Playing a CB at RB when you have a good fit RB?

Barry is the only flaw, would have preferred Milner. good to see Cahill and Smalling there

Hoping barry for once makes me eat my words

If he can play as well as he did for City, there's absolutely no reason why he can't replicate it now. No disresecpt to Bulgaria, but now is the chance for him to prove us wrong like you said.

In fairness to Barry, he's been playing well recently. As for Smalling, would of liked Richard to start seeing as he's a natural rb but then again, we get money because of Smalling's cap so it's a win win situation.

I hate national team breaks. Club football is so much better.

Not sure if I'm happy with the CB pairing. Would've preferred a Cahill/Jagielka partnership with Richards at RB. Then again, happy at the same time for Smalling. Certainly proved his worth playing for Utd. Just seems Terry continuously gets injured and just looks increasingly slower at times. Then again, having a problem on who to decide in those positions can only be a good thing I'd imagine

Lol, if he hated him, he wouldn't of picked him in the first place.

Maybe to take the ****? If i was Richards....i would have a problem controlling my language while being in the same dressing room with Capello.

He is calling him, then shows him that he prefers to play a CB over him at RB. How Glen Johnson and Kyle Walker gets picked over him aswell is beyond me. Neither can defend at all.

Maybe to take the ****? If i was Richards....i would have a problem controlling my language while being in the same dressing room with Capello.

He is calling him, then shows him that he prefers to play a CB over him at RB. How Glen Johnson and Kyle Walker gets picked over him aswell is beyond me. Neither can defend at all.

Because they are better going forwards,

Smalling may be a natural CB, but you forget, thats exactly where Richards used to play. both are young CBs who can play RB. Richards plays there because he isnt good enough at CB compared to those who have played, but Mancini feels he is too good not to play, and luckily he has proved to be very accomplished at RB too

I think Richards should have played instead of Smalling, because he's very quick and could cause the defence problems. I'm all for a combination of Smalling and Cole at full-back, but I would prefer Richards. Despite being a Chelsea fan, I agree that he shouldn't have started. England need to change their ways, and this squad has a pretty young average age, with only 2 players that wrong side of 30. Anyway, I'm hoping for a win today, but as this is England, you never know

Because they are better going forwards,

Smalling may be a natural CB, but you forget, thats exactly where Richards used to pla. both are young CBs who can play RB. Richards plays there because he isnt good enough at CB, but Mancini feels he is too good not to play, and luckily he has prved to be very accomplished at RB too

I know Richards has played at CB. But he doesn't fit there at all IMO. Much better RB, pace and strenght. Technique not the best....but he is a decent defender and really good at bursting forward and has 2 assist this season already. Already more than he assisted last season overal.

That really shows the improvment he has made. He is also a very good header and a big threat in corners.

Mancini clearly rates him and he is first-choice at a very ambitious club. Playing regulary, what more does Capello want?

Last edited:

Well, it's Capello's call at the end of the day. I'm sure Richards time will come. Personally think he should start tonight but I can understand why Smalling was chosen.

Well, it's Capello's call at the end of the day. I'm sure Richards time will come. Personally think he should start tonight but I can understand why Smalling was chosen.

Smalling has the better defensive positioning, think thats why he's gone with him, but to be honest it wouldnt matter which one started, both are very good young players. definitely would like to Richards come on, or start against Wales

England subs: Stockdale, Jagielka, Baines, Lampard, Milner, Johnson, Defoe

Smalling has the better defensive positioning, think thats why he's gone with him, but to be honest it wouldnt matter which one started, both are very good young players. definitely would like to Richards come on, or start against Wales

Haven't really seen enough of Smalling at rb but Richards is the more experienced rb so that's why I would of gone with him. Smalling really has only played a handful of games there.

Oh fack, we're playing Barry?

Might catch the highlights, but I think with the inclusion of Barry just tips it in favour of all the other stuff I have to do this evening rather than England.

Omg I want to smash J. Redknapp in the face

4-0 England

Rooney x3 A,Young x1

May be a bit optomistic there lol-Rooney only scored 1 INT goal in 2 years. But he is definately back on fire now. But a hatrick would be great