Resource icon

FMKorea Camouflage 4231 2020-02-26

My latest results using this tactic plug and play:

Paris Saint-Germain_ Fixtures.png

Massively underrated and overlooked tactic on here. it's done amazing for me so far, tested it out with Milan, Dortmund and Middlesbrough. It even helped Boro win the championship first season.

It plays lovely attacking football also, very fun to watch.

I'm going to start a Man Utd save, can Rashford play on the left wing role or do I need a left footer? Same with opp wing ,do I need a right footer?

I don’t think there are any specific requirements for this as I have used IF’s and pure wingers and they all play well, also my CAM plays really well which is great as never used a 4231 that the CAM plays well

loving this tactic, just finished first season in new Spurs save winning PL, league cup, FA cup & CL with a pretty average team. Scores lots & concedes very few. My only negative is that I find that the SS & AML don't perform very consistently. Has anyone else noticed this? I've tried tweaking roles/positions slightly but no success as don't want to upset the balance of the tactic.

loving this tactic, just finished first season in new Spurs save winning PL, league cup, FA cup & CL with a pretty average team. Scores lots & concedes very few. My only negative is that I find that the SS & AML don't perform very consistently. Has anyone else noticed this? I've tried tweaking roles/positions slightly but no success as don't want to upset the balance of the tactic.

My CAM and LW are scoring a lot and playing really well! I would say one of my really good strikers is not scoring every game, but he is still scoring a lot.

I wouldn't change the roles, this tactic is very good.

This tactic is mad. Never saw such good results with 4-2-3-1 but patch changed the engine quite a lot. Below you can find my results with Crewe playing this tactic exclusivly. I admitt doing some minor tweaks at the end of season 1 and then again at the start of season 2 to improve my Striker and Second Striker's perfomance a bit but the core is still the original tactic from the author. Overall this tactic is a killer for me. Check out win's over Championship's Middles or freshly relegated QPR...

Season 1 in League Two:
1583277989006.png

Start of season 2 in League One:
1583278571425.png

Last edited:
This tactic is mad. Never saw such good results with 4-2-3-1 but patch changed the engine quite a lot. Below you can find my results with Crewe playing this tactic exclusivly. I admitt doing some minor tweaks at the end of season 1 and then again at the start of season 2 to improve my Striker and Second Striker's perfomance a bit but the core is still the original tactic from the author. Overall this tactic is a killer for me. Check out win's over Championship's Middles or freshly relegated QPR...

Season 1 in League Two:
View attachment 488647

Start of season 2 in League One:
View attachment 488649

What did you do to improve performances of your striker and AMC? Was the difference significant? Thanks!

What did you do to improve performances of your striker and AMC? Was the difference significant? Thanks!

Hey. I wouldn't say the difference was huge but it shifted the scoring responsibility from AML/R more to the ST and AMC roles and they are usually better at finishing than wingers.
I've noticed that my fullbacks and wingers did a lot of crosses targeted at far post at my other winger and my AML/Rs usually suck at heading plus its hard to score from this angle. So first change was forcing my Fullbacks and Wingers to cross at the center of the box. Now the cross recipients are either ST or AMC, sometimes even MC moving inside the box. The angle is much better now and players in those roles usually have a little better heading/finishing stat. This of course is taking some chances to score from AML/R but its giving much more changes to ST and AMC. Now the second change was moving the AMC back behind the striker and not to his left. Originally he acted more like a Second Striker moving to play next to the ST and he was usually covered by 1 CB and ST was covered by the other. With my tweak vs teams playing with 2 CBs both are now often drawn to cover the lone ST sometimes leaving the AMC wide open or to be marked by a midfielder which is usually much worse at marking/tackling than a CB plus he often have to choose between covering my AMC or the MCs that are moving in from outside the box. I will put some screenshots later from the game.

good stuff, just changing it for away games to use DM

Attachments

• 20200304142606_1.jpg
    20200304142606_1.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,696
  • #20.3.0_4231-Away_Camouflage_v2.fmf
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,275
not bad for 4231

Attachments

• 20200304152744_1.jpg
    20200304152744_1.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 1,752
does this tactic have player instructions? on Stadia so have to make tactic from scratch

Does well but somehow alot of games my wingers score 6.3 or 6.4... any tips?

Hi, I'd like to say that this tactic has been the most consistent one so far! I decided to have a new challenge and see what this tactic could bring to the team. I play with Caen (French ligue 2) and went up (with another tactic). So far 'im doing well I'm 8th but it is difficult to score goals. The games I win it is often 1-0 and I must admit that my front 4 up top don't perform too well... The players I play on those positions are really comfortable but don't score goals or get assists..

Hey Dan, some feedback,

Been struggling for about 10 games so I thought I'd give your tactic a go (WBA first season back in the prem). Not really signed anyone amazing just a couple of astute acquisitions in various positions. I'm having the old curse of FM where every game (bar against man city/ man u/ liverpool) I have about 30 shots/15 on target and can't hit a barn door! It's really weird, when the ball gets to the winger/striker to shoot they just seem to pass it to the goalkeeper every time.

Then the opposition get the inevitable 1/2 chances and absolutely break the back of the net with them!

I know I've just stuck it in half way through the season and tactics take time to bed in it's just strange how the play is fine and I'm getting the chances but it's even against bottom of the table etc!

Any thoughts are welcome.