Capello names Squad for Switzerland qualifier

England do have better players than Crouch. Hardly a loss and never a humiliation that Bent an Zamora were selected ahead of him..

Those are just numbers, doesn't make him any better. How many of them are against big nations?

He offers nothing other than height. His inclusion makes team to play long ball game.

Those are just numbers, doesn't make him any better. How many of them are against big nations?

He offers nothing other than height. His inclusion makes team to play long ball game.

As opposed to Zamora? He offers the same.

He also makes it difficult for defenders. They do struggle against him and has the ability to draw them off and open chances for other strikers to score. Chances, as demonstrated on more than one occassion, they are unable to capitalise on. So he is useful

As opposed to Zamora? He offers the same.

Zamora's link up play is better than Crouch's. Touch, passing everything is better than Crouch game.

When all strikers are available and on form neither should be in squad though.

Bobby is a more rounded player that him

To be honest, im a little tired of the players whinging, you cant always get what you want.

Although I do agree there can be a bit too much whinging at times, the way Fabio acts sometimes is pretty savage. His man management skills can be very questionable at times. Thats my biggest bug bear. It'll just disrupt the remaining squad.

He also makes it difficult for defenders. They do struggle against him and has the ability to draw them off and open chances for other strikers to score. Chances, as demonstrated on more than one occassion, they are unable to capitalise on. So he is useful

England do have quality players. Playing Crouch means, to use him they have to lump the ball forward. There is no other way than hoofing it forward. Maintaining possession is not possible with this kind of game.

Good example is Llorente, he can do what Crouch can do, but his skills on ball is amazing. With Crouch in the team there is no other to way to play other than hoofing. So IMO England would be better off without Crouch.

Im gonna be honest, we need a destroyer in the middle of the park. I lost count of the amount of times the swiss broke on our attack and our midfield was nowhere to be seen and scott parker is not the man for this as he (and jack) like to get forward. We need a makalele type who would be disaplined enough just to hold his position but i really dont know who would fit the bill. But it would allow our attcking players more freedom and be a bit more solid defensively.

And also what Crouch can offer, Carroll can and better.

I just think some of the criticism of Crouchie is harsh. He did what he had to and what he was told-cause problems and score goals. Not his fault the rest of the squad had to adjust to him. The manager picked him for a reason-to score goals and disrupt defences, thats what he did. So imo some of the criticism is harsh

I just think some of the criticism of Crouchie is harsh. He did what he had to and what he was told-cause problems and score goals. Not his fault the rest of the squad had to adjust to him. The manager picked him for a reason-to score goals and disrupt defences, thats what he did. So imo some of the criticism is harsh

TBH, I didn't mean to say Crouch is useless, just that England will/can play better if he is not in the team. As i told earlier, whenever he plays others start hoofing and tactic is to pounce on second ball which imo shouldn't happen for a team like England.

Yes Manager should be blamed for using that tactic but Crouch on ball skills are meh..

Meh. Some players would be honoured to just get a call up, be happy with it. It's a 23 man squad, and there's room for 18. If you don't get picked, then deal with it like a man rather than crying and turning your back on your country. Beckham got treated like a yo-yo between some squads, hardly the best thing to experience but if we had a game tomorrow you can bet your life saving's he'd still be on the plane tomorrow. Crying and turning your back on your country is pathetic, just because you don't get your own way. Not like Crouch has been deserving of a place with his form this season for Spurs. Wasn't everyone saying we should call players on club form a while back, but now he deserves his place anyway?

And so many England fans have been saying we should be bringing through the youth. So why does Crouch deserve it over Carroll? Carroll's on the up, he's young and has more to him than Crouch.

Wondering if anyone could explain Lampard's role for England?

What does he do?

He's the penalty taker. :)

about time for frankie to be benched. we should play 4-2-3-1, only 4-3-3 with a Forward coming deep

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

but there will be times when that approach wont be needed, in fact most of the time it wont be. and crouch has t accept that, reacting the way he did is the kind of thing a 12 year old will do

about time for frankie to be benched. we should play 4-2-3-1, only 4-3-3 with a Forward coming deep

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

but there will be times when that approach wont be needed, in fact most of the time it wont be. and crouch has t accept that, reacting the way he did is the kind of thing a 12 year old will do

Who would replace him though?

Back