Capello names Squad for Switzerland qualifier

Thank god someone said this before me...

This, though. A good finish and a couple of decent runs by Young but Wilshere won the pen and has been one of the only players who has shown his determination and nearly got another assist for Bent (had he not been ****)

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Hate to ruin the party but don't we say this every 5 years?

Even Arsenal isn't it ;)

The fact that i was more excited about the Legend of Zelda advert that just came on tells you what i thought of this performance

Urgh

I know. The all too common feeling after an England match. Deflation.

Downing should have started this game along with Young. Walcott was useless in this game and Lampard too. He should retire, when was the last time he has decent game for England? Its better for him also, so that he can extend his club career.

Wilshere is ace. Easily MOTM. Just can't wait to see Rodwell alongside with him. Both good on the ball and tackle well. Would be good CM pairing.

And also Baines was impressive.

I know. The all too common feeling after an England match. Deflation.

No one sat on Inler, allowed him to bring the ball out all too easily. Milner decent game, needed to drift more, play as an AMCL.

Overall lack of urgency and 2 disastrous free kicks. pooooooooooooooooooor

Postives

Wilshere
Baines
Young

Looks like Young was trying to win over Man Utd/Liverpool fans :P

No one sat on Inler, allowed him to bring the ball out all too easily. Milner decent game, needed to drift more, play as an AMCL.

Overall lack of urgency and 2 disastrous free kicks. pooooooooooooooooooor

Postives

Wilshere
Baines
Young

Definately. Parker had a nice tidy game aswell. Have a feeling if he wasn't there scoreline could've been worse. Just can't bear to watch the repeats of those goals. Just so cringeworthy-schoolboys would've done better. And the second goal-even if it did come off the post, there were 2 Swiss attacking players totally unmarked. Was incredible. And I definately think Milner would've been better in centre. And as usual, the old goalie problem left me nervous each time Switzerland pushed forward into the box. We just can't seem to deal with crosses at times too. Still lot of work to be done

Didn't watch TOO much of the match or do an analysis, was eating.

Wilshere, Young, Baines good, Parker, Bent, Milner bad.

Player Ratings

Joe Hart - 5 - Maybe harsh but he probably should have saved both the goals, looked good until the goals however.

Ashley Cole - N/A - Off injured after half an hour, did very well though to keep on battling despite being in evident pain

Rio Ferdinand - 6 - The whole defense were bad, especially in the first half.

John Terry - 6 - Same as Ferdinand.

Glen Johnson - 5.5 - Had a bad game, never really got any attacks going and found Barnetta hard to handle.

Parker - 6 - looked bright at times but overall a pretty average game.

Wilshere - 8 - England's best player, looked determined and won the penalty.

Lampard - 5 - out of sorts, got the penalty but his free kick at the end of the half pretty much summed it up.

Walcott - 4.5 - IMO worst player on the field today, i don't think he deserves a place in the team and it showed.

Milner - 6.5 - Played quite badly but tried hard which gives him an extra half point.

Bent - 5 - Just went missing, also looked out of sorts, coupled with a shocking miss, somehow scrapes a 5

Baines - 7.5 - Looked very sharp down the left and worked well with Young as shown in the goal

Young - 7.5 - Big force in England's comeback after coming on, took a great goal.

Downing - N/A - not enough time on pitch, missed with last kick of the game.

Sat down to watch this match, though it'd be decent.

I've just reminded myself why I bother to waste my time watching this bunch of idiots. So frustrating.

Baines, Wilshere and Young looked decent though. It's a shame Baines doesn't get more chances, I think he's quality.

I've just reminded myself why I dot Boyer to waste my time watching this bunch of idiots. So frustrating.

Baines, Wilshere and Young looked decent though. It's a shame Baines doesn't get more chances, I think he's quality.

Same (without being biased). Knows how to whip in crosses/corners, and can score a decent free kick or two

I've just reminded myself why I bother to waste my time watching this bunch of idiots. So frustrating.

its only becuase Cole is that good, Baines time will come

Parker was good too. When we play bent, we look better at 4-2-3-1. I still think thats our best formation

Sigh , the players have had a long season excuse again, get a grip Fabio, you didnt set the team out right and your players didnt work hard enough.

Zigler on the left had a great game for the swiss imo.
MOTM would have to be Barnetta though, brilliant player even if he hadnt scored 2 goals. Gets involved all the time and is always available for a pass, something England needed.
The first goal was absolute quality, floated the ball into a very dangerous area. Rio couldnt reach it, Hart should have came for it.

Dont really know what to make of the result as it looked like we was heading for a defeat but turned it round. In terms of the table its defintatly 2points dropped. I do have an argument, so many people on facebook was slating Hart for the 2nd goal, yes ok he shouldnt be beaten at his near post but if Milner does what he is there to do (stop the ball from reaching the free space of the goal) then Hart dosent have a save to make. Too many players didnt turn up until the equaliser which was a shame but it seemed as if the Swiss players had more energy in them, we looked really leggy towards the end hence the late challenges by Terry and Ferdinand. All to play for now and we will have to win all 3 games without a dout.

Didn't watch TOO much of the match or do an analysis, was eating.

Wilshere, Young, Baines good, Parker, Bent, Milner bad.

Young hit some amazing free kicks and corners while you were eating, too. Was like watching Beckham all over.

Young hit some amazing free kicks and corners while you were eating, too. Was like watching Beckham all over.

Oh yeah, remember that amazing free kick that forced that amazing save from Benaglio? Oh, and that one that hit the post!

Sigh , the players have had a long season excuse again, get a grip Fabio, you didnt set the team out right and your players didnt work hard enough.

Zigler on the left had a great game for the swiss imo.
MOTM would have to be Barnetta though, brilliant player even if he hadnt scored 2 goals. Gets involved all the time and is always available for a pass, something England needed.
The first goal was absolute quality, floated the ball into a very dangerous area. Rio couldnt reach it, Hart should have came for it.

Not all the players were that bad. Baines, Young and Wilshere had good games. But Hart definately had a screw up-2nd goal debatable, due to other Swiss players not being marked so he didn't get help I guess.

Not all the players were that bad. Baines, Young and Wilshere had good games. But Hart definately had a screw up-2nd goal debatable, due to other Swiss players not being marked so he didn't get help I guess.

parker was good too

Back