Capello names Squad for Switzerland qualifier

You clearly dont read much of what capello says, as he constantly extols beckhams professionalism and determination all last year. No one called for him to give beckham that role he did it himself. And he wont be recalled because theres still players ahead of him in the squad

IMO, I would have said Beckham adds more to the squad than Milner.

EDIT: Certainly would have done better than that.

IMO, I would have said Beckham adds more to the squad than Milner.

beckham cant play both flanks, or box to box. milner is englands Park, cant say that about beckham

You clearly dont read much of what capello says, as he constantly extols beckhams professionalism and determination all last year. No one called for him to give beckham that role he did it himself. And he wont be recalled because theres still players ahead of him in the squad
alot of the players shouldnt be Barry,Carrick,Gerrard(**** for England),Downing,Lennon(when hes there),Milner etc

Well that was entertaining for half an hour or so. Then it just got really boring and nothing happened ;)

Well done, Jacky Boy!

alot of the players shouldnt be Barry,Carrick,Gerrard(**** for England),Downing,Lennon(when hes there),Milner etc

Downing can play both flanks, and is quicker than beckham. Carrick has a more rounded passing game than beckham, better at dictating play, Milner is much more versatile, Lennon can burn players in a way beckham can only dream of. only barry shouldnt be around

Well that was entertaining for half an hour or so. Then it just got really boring and nothing happened ;)

Well done, Jacky Boy!

Safe to say that was just an embarrassment. What we are missing is this:

View attachment 174884

Passion. There's few players showing that right now and a clearly devoid of defending and goalkeeping

Downing can play both flanks, and is quicker than beckham. Carrick has a more rounded passing game than beckham, better at dictating play, Milner is much more versatile, Lennon can burn players in a way beckham can only dream of. only barry shouldnt be around
Downings delivery is never as consistant as Beckhams,Carrick is so **** i dont know how hes not playin in the conference,Milner cant cross a ball like Beckham hes got a great work rate though oh and Lennon cant cross!

beckham cant play both flanks, or box to box. milner is englands Park, cant say that about beckham

Poor man's Park. Park rarely lets us down can't say same about Milner.

I think the comments about Carrick are frankly ****. 78% pass completion against Barcalona speaks volumes.

Downings delivery is never as consistant as Beckhams,Carrick is so **** i dont know how hes not playin in the conference,Milner cant cross a ball like Beckham hes got a great work rate though oh and Lennon cant cross!

Downings delivery is still excellent and can play both flanks. Simply wrong about carrick, and i say that despite being a big critic of his. Milner is picked to do an entirely different job, as i explained. and lennon has supreme pace and the ability to come inside players, if still inconsistent. and that still doesnt cover Johnson or Albrighton

Thats why beckham isnt in the squad

I think the comments about Carrick are frankly ****. 78% pass completion against Barcalona speaks volumes.

he never really tries anything difficult ,he passes back alot as well, hes soo overrated he shouldnt be playing with United

generally a big critic of his, but he has ended the season really well, back to the player we signed

Poor man's Park. Park rarely lets us down can't say same about Milner.

He's more versatile but very inconsistent. He's no game changer and will never be. Add to that the inclusion of Barry. Beckham should be in the squad IMO.

He only missed 1 against Chelsea though. Carrick on form is an excellent player, and he has been for a few games now - excluding Barca.

He's more versatile but very inconsistent. He's no game changer and will never be. Add to that the inclusion of Barry. Beckham should be in the squad IMO.

its more that neither of them should be in the squad. Milner doenst need to be a game changer, not every player has to be a game changer

Downings delivery is still excellent and can play both flanks. Simply wrong about carrick, and i say that despite being a big critic of his. Milner is picked to do an entirely different job, as i explained. and lennon has supreme pace and the ability to come inside players, if still inconsistent. and that still doesnt cover Johnson or Albrighton

Thats why beckham isnt in the squad
Albrighton lacks consistency i agree Johnson is the only one that would deserve to start ahead of him on the right but Beckham can play centre mid too so he could be used as a sub or play a midfield like this Becks on the right,Parker and Wilshire in the middle,Johnson on the left!

I think just having Beckham around would be a massive morale boost, and his set piece delivery can change games. I'd give him a seat on the bench at least.

generally a big critic of his, but he has ended the season really well, back to the player we signed

he had one of those unfortunate blips definately. But definately back to how he was before without doubt. If he was as bad as people say he is, Fergie would never have signed him. Fergies never ever stupid when he buys his players. If he was, he wouldn't be as incredibly successful as he is now.

I agree, this team lacks passion. They don't care about the national side, maybe not all of them but most of them look like they just don't give a ****, the new breed of english footballers, however, look slightly better IMO.

In the testimonial game against Juve, Beckham looked quality player. Still has legs to play in the premier league. His crossing is still the best in the world. Not getting into whether he should be in squad or not, but still he is better than few players playing in White today..

Back