Capello names squad

Not a bad side, but your comment that Wilshire is better then Lampard, is very very very sillt think to say, Whilst Wilshire has the potential to be better then Frank, to try and say he is better is very very stupid.

I dunno... the gap is closing fast. Lampard is still the better player, but IMO really only very slightly.

Agreed, we have some good talent in the middle:

Future England 11:

Joe Hart

Kyle Walker - Chris Smalling - Gary Cahill - Micah Richards

Marc Albrighton - Jack Rodwell - Jack Wilshere - Adam Johnson

Conor Wickham - Daniel Sturridge/Wayne Rooney

Impossible to say, it really is. We've got all kinds of people who are unknown to make an impact (look at Albrighton. Last year nobody past extremely in the know Villa fans knew about him) as well as other people who've been touted to make an impact. People like Spurs' Caulker, Villa's Delph and Gardner, United's Morrison, Arsenal's Lansbury, it goes on and on.

Think we can say that Wilshere and Rooney are dead certs for future starting spots though.

I thought this forum was mostly filled with people were willing to embrace others opinions, not merely shoot them out of the water. I accept other peoples opinions and if people think Lampard should play instead of Wilshere then fine, thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. But dont take the **** out of me foir having a different opinion.

Welcome to Scott. ;)

Seriously though, he's just debating the merits of Lampard vs Wilshere. If you don't want to have your points challenged, don't put them forward.

There is a difference between having your points challenged and having them ridiculed. I believe his was the latter and that was the point i was making.

I dunno... the gap is closing fast. Lampard is still the better player, but IMO really only very slightly.

I am going to challenge this, to live up to my reputation ;).

I think there is a massive difference in terms of quality, yeah Wilshire has now had a very good couple of months, but Frank has had and is still having a top class career, and there is no suprise that chelsea got better as he returned. and i know which one i would rather have for one off games.

Definitely like to see Jarvis get a good half hour in.

I am going to challenge this, to live up to my reputation ;).

I think there is a massive difference in terms of quality, yeah Wilshire has now had a very good couple of months, but Frank has had and is still having a top class career, and there is no suprise that chelsea got better as he returned. and i know which one i would rather have for one off games.

You can't really compare the two, Wilshere is more of a Cattermole type player with his tenacity, but Lampard isn't as whole hearted, but Lampard on his day is my pick.

Wow this not an argument worth having. Its fairly easy to see what Sam meant, even though he's probably not worded it well as he could have, and i agree. Wilshere has more of an edge and more energy and bite to his game than Lampard, who is more like a Rolls Royce is that keeps on going for 90minutes

Wow this not an argument worth having. Its fairly easy to see what Sam meant, even though he's probably not worded it well as he could have, and i agree. Wilshere has more of an edge and more energy and bite to his game than Lampard, who is more like a Rolls Royce is that keeps on going for 90minutes

Much rather have a Ferrari 599 than a Rolls Royce though. :(

everyone drop it. going to momentarily close and clean the thread, then re open it

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

christ that took ages, since had to do each one manually, next argument will incur the 10 point spam infraction rather than the 5 point off topic post

everyone drop it. going to momentarily close and clean the thread, then re open it

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

christ that took ages, since had to do each one manually, next argument will incur the 10 point spam infraction rather than the 5 point off topic post

All right, that makes sense.

Hey guys, predictions for Saturday?

If we can not smash the welsh for six it's time to give in........;)......3-0 ENGLAND...Rooney(3)

if we set about the game like we did against denmark, im going for 3-1.

Hope we go with lampard and parker in the middle, wilshere ahead, rooney leading the line, then later bring bent on for lampard, and pushing wilsher back into the two, rooney back into the hole with bent exploiting tiring legs

Hope we go Wilshere and Lampard deep, supporting two attacking fullbacks in Walker and Cole and Rooney ahead of them playing off Bent. Put Lennon on the right, Young on the left, and either Carroll or Bent up front.

Hope we go Wilshere and Lampard deep, supporting two attacking fullbacks in Walker and Cole and Rooney ahead of them playing off Bent. Put Lennon on the right, Young on the left, and either Carroll or Bent up front.

I go with that. Still not sure about Walker though... Johnson isn't great but is much more experienced than Walker. Probably get shot down for saying that though.

I'd also probably go for Milner on the right rather than Lennon. Help out more against Bale if need be.

Fairly confident we'll get it right on Saturday, but you just know Wales will put out their best performance of the qualifying campaign just because it's the old enemy.

2-1 England

Imo i think wilshere is played out of position at arsenal, but is understandable due to their midfield talent. I think he should play a much more advanced role and not worry about tackling too much, i think we have other players for england to play the holding/box to box role eg. rodwell, parker, milner. No idea why barry is in there though, if you think he is a good player please state why. The man is slow and can't tackle to save his life.

Jarvis, Barry and Downing? Aston Villa are not playing very well at the moment, neither are Wolves and Capello picks them? Good luck to them, but I wouldn't include them in my England squad. Barry is just generally ****, in my opinion.

Jarvis, Barry and Downing? Aston Villa are not playing very well at the moment, neither are Wolves and Capello picks them? Good luck to them, but I wouldn't include them in my England squad. Barry is just generally ****, in my opinion.

So why did you pick out Downing and not Young, Walker, Bent? More to the point, just because you're in a team that is struggling does not automatically make you a bad player.

So why did you pick out Downing and not Young, Walker, Bent? More to the point, just because you're in a team that is struggling does not automatically make you a bad player.

This is such a good point, it is the same way that players at big clubs arent automatically better then those are lower club....

Just because the team is playing woefully doesn't mean they shouldn't be given a shot, especially Jarvis. Although I don't and have never rated Barry.