Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

I Vote for Danny Newton as the new England manager.

Poor move by Capello I think. Had a chance to redeem himself after WC 2010 and have England fans remember him as a success with a good tournament at Euro 12. Guess he doesn't care how the England fans remember him. Eriksson will be remembered as doing better!

After 'Arry what other English people are in the running for the job?

And you tell me this won't effect the team more than just leaving him as captain until the trial has been heard??? The man is innocent and although i thought he should have been sacked after the World Cup i feel for him here and he can walk away with his head held high in my eyes.

This will **** up the team more than Terry's loss of captaincy. But by handling terry the way they did, they made him look silly. Totally understand why he walked.

Well. Ain't that just frickin wonderful eh? Just wonderful. He didn't resign. Have a feeling it was a case of "retract statements or be sacked". It's a case of not being allowed to say what's on his mind. Backed into a corner. Backed into a corner for saying something sensible. Once again, the FA are making us a complete goddam laughing stock. Yes, I have been critical of Fab in the past-but I'm with him on this one.

And if he was forced to resign-the timing is just absolutely ridiculous. Thanks a lot guys. Thanks a goddam lot. So incredibly ****** off with that bunch of old farts. Sooner they go the better.

Time for the best England manager of the last decade to step in.
I'm not kidding, he did good job, better than most finishing in respectable position in even major cup.

sven1702_415x591.jpg

Poor move by Capello I think. Had a chance to redeem himself after WC 2010 and have England fans remember him as a success with a good tournament at Euro 12. Guess he doesn't care how the England fans remember him. Eriksson will be remembered as doing better!

Not a poor move, the FA totally embarrassed him, also have you seen how many people regard him here? Why should he care of about england fans in fairness

It's time we had an ENGLISH MANAGER again, I'm looking forward to the rumours.

Why would you stay employed to people who completely undermine your authority? The easy option would be for him to stay in the job until the euros and collect a huge payday. He deserves respect for foregoing that for what he believes in.

Why would you stay employed to people who completely undermine your authority? The easy option would be for him to stay in the job until the euros and collect a huge payday. He deserves respect for foregoing that for what he believes in.
it's a tough one really. He could just retire now, doesn't need to manage anymore. Depends on what he wants to do

it's a big shame. he did a gr8 job 4 us n his record speaks 4 itself.
rumour is stuart pearce is taking over till after the euros n then harry redknapp takes over full-time

This will **** up the team more than Terry's loss of captaincy. But by handling terry the way they did, they made him look silly. Totally understand why he walked.

This is because of the whole JT thing so its all linked. Soon as they did it we could see this happening.

Time for the best England manager of the last decade to step in.
I'm not kidding, he did good job, better than most finishing in respectable position in even major cup.

sven1702_415x591.jpg
rejected by Leeds, that's gotta hurt ;)

it's a big shame. he did a gr8 job 4 us n his record speaks 4 itself.
rumour is stuart pearce is taking over till after the euros n then harry redknapp takes over full-time

Oh joy......

Why would anyone take the England job when you're not allowed to speak your mind?

I have the up most respect for Fabio now. Fair play to him for sticking up for himself after the FA undermined him. Who is gonna take over for the euros now then? Redknapp? Will be very surprised if spurs will let him go after the fantastic season they are currently having and will want a **** of a lot of money (money the FA will probably refuse to pay) Pearce? Personally, I think it will be a great appointment. Done fantastically with under 21s and knows what they are capable of and should help ease them into the the senior squad. Mourinho? Had problems with Real Madrid resident etc... but think he is too addicted to beating barca to the league title, so maybe he will join after the euros while someone takes over for the euros.

Who knows???

This is because of the whole JT thing so its all linked. Soon as they did it we could see this happening.

You could tell by his comments it was going to be bad, the FA did not expect that he might actually want to keep his dignity.

The Fa should have taken the captaincy straight away.Once they failed that, they should hav tried to get the trial on as early as possible. Once that fell behind, they were forced to take a gamble. But they didnt account for Capello, the manager. How retarded...