Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

I'm gutted to be honest, he is a brilliant manager, it's a pity that Capello could not do anything with a **** squad. In a way I'm happy for him to have walked because he deserves a better team than England, and all the problems that come with it, but this will put England back once again, and whoever takes over will be a downgrade.

BBC News: Fabio Capello resigns from the England job. An Italian abandoning a sinking ship, who would have thought it?

Why would anyone take the England job when you're not allowed to speak your mind?

Same reason Judges become Judges - It's a position of power keeping your mouth shut is just a condition of office. I am 100% behind Capello in his reasoning for resigning, it's just a shame he's the England manager and not the Germany manager or something else because then it would just be a laugh at the power struggle.

You could tell by his comments it was going to be bad, the FA did not expect that he might actually want to keep his dignity.

The Fa should have taken the captaincy straight away.Once they failed that, they should hav tried to get the trial on as early as possible. Once that fell behind, they were forced to take a gamble. But they didnt account for Capello, the manager. How retarded...

No they should have either let it be until the trial or banned him from playing for the national side altogether. Just taking the armband away is petty and shows we think more about this celebrity armband then we really should do.

On the other news, Micah Richards is delighted to hear Capello resigning.

Harry, Pearce, Pardew are the obvious ones I think.

The FA's decision to appoint Capello was a stupid one right from the start.

Fact is that he's never left a job with anyone having anything nice to say about him. There's also the fact that he's never had a good record in cup competitions with teams, the one exception being his first stint at AC Milan (where he won the CL once) but that was with a team containing the likes of Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi and Maldini all the way back in the early 90's. He's a great manager in terms of getting results in the league, but he has never done so by playing beautiful football. When he was at Juve he fielded TWO defensive midfielders most of the time,even in games against smaller teams.

I remember every one hated alan Pardew saying he do **** at newcastle and he has done a fantastic job but i dont think he will be ready to take on the england job

No they should have either let it be until the trial or banned him from playing for the national side altogether. Just taking the armband away is petty and shows we think more about this celebrity armband then we really should do.

Sadly we do think too much of the armband. i actually dont care who wears it. at all

Sadly we do think too much of the armband. i actually dont care who wears it. at all

My personal view on it is, it should be given to the best leader on the pitch and that is it.

[h=6]Breaking News: Harry Redknapp will become the new England manager. For legal reasons he will have to sign the contract under his dog's name.[/h]

thank god, i'll probably be able to understand what the new gaffer is saying.

Only good thing if Pearce gets it is he may call up the younger lads he worked with at the U21's who deserve a chance and will be our future. Him in and Beckham as assistant manager!!!!

the next england manager should be this guy

614rafabenitezliverpool.jpg

I'm amazed Rafa is 20-1.

I assume it will be 'Arry though.

Pearce until May with Redknapp taking the reins in the summer I imagine.

Sky Sports

Our sources understand Guus Hiddink is interested in becoming England's next manager following Capello's resignation. More to follow...

Sky Sports

Our sources understand Guus Hiddink is interested in becoming England's next manager following Capello's resignation. More to follow...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! This is the only way they will get my full support again!!!