Capello resigns - Hodgson appointed England boss

From Guardian: The England players are already reacting to the news. Jack Wilshere, the Arsenal midfielder who was given his England debut under Capello, is understandably disappointed. Wilshere tweeted:"Shocked about news on Fabio Capello...gutted to be honest, gave me my 1st cap and believed in me! Thank you Mr Capello! #GreatManager"
"People have there own judgement on Capello but for a young player who was given the chance to play for my country at such a young age..."
"He has shown great belief and trust in me so I can only thank him....massive influence on my career so far! Sad to see him go!"

Warnock singing up Harry for the job on sky sports news. Shut your mouth Warnock what a stupid muppet you are, take a seat in division 2.

Statement from Capello:

Capello "The FA insulted me and undermined my authority"

It's not great news before such a major tournament, although I guess it is a good decision by both sides (otherwise there may have been friction in the squad/board) but it was the FA's fault to step in regarding Terry's supposed racism.

I don't mind too much they get in, as long as it's not 'Arry! I really don't rate 'Arry, but I guess he would be better than some of the other managers.

I think skysports has captured the moment beautifully here ;)
404353_342512819114338_100000668692714_1087364_267772144_n.jpg

Laughing my **** off. Couldn't make this up - a resignation caused by a racism row and out and out bigotry on display all over the shop; just what do these furriners know anyways? They don't get our footballing culture with their tactics and thinking. This is a local shop, for local people; these strangers it will bring will not understand our ways. Not like 'Arry. No, not like 'Arry who has a sense of humour and feeds the press such lovely stories which fill the column inches.

Wish I'd stocked up on popcorn. Too, too funny.

If it's in the summer, then I'd wish him all the best and thank him dearly for everything he's done for the club.

Hilarious stuff really. The F.A have ****** up again.

how would you feel if Redknapp left?

I don't think any Spurs fan would care less if Redknapp left especially if it was a certain Mr Mourinho who took his place.

If it's in the summer, then I'd wish him all the best and thank him dearly for everything he's done for the club.
I see him staying with you til end of the season, get you in champions league then leave for England. Then build after Euro 12 for WC 2014. Liked the idea of dual management, i.e. managing spurs and England at the same time. We do it on FM! :p

TBH, I saw this coming. Unfortunately, it is bad timing in regard to the European Championships around the corner. I think next is the speculation who replaces him. I don't think Redknapp will leave Spurs to do it, not at this point of the season, unless he takes over whilst still at Spurs. Alan Pardew is another potential appointment, but again, how many managers are going to leave their respective club at this point in the season. Maybe someone like Guus Hiddink, or even Felipao, both are top pedigree international managers.

Although, I have a feeling that Stuart Pearce will step in, at least temporary, as I think the next appointment will be an English manager.

the FA will **** up again and england's next manager will be this guy:D

stevebruce001.jpg

TBH this might end up being a good thing.

We were never going to win the Euros anyway so whoever the next manager is (probably harry) can select a youngish squad and give them some decent experience and let them gel as a team that will be around till the WC.

For me this boils down to one question: Why isnt John Terry's trial happening until the summer?

Answer: Because Chelsea have asked for the trial to happen at a time which wont affect their season.

Harry Redknapp has had his trial ongoing for the last two weeks and the manager of a club is way more important than one single player. So, for me, this reeks of Terry's desperation to play in one last international tournament and an admission of guilt, he knows if the trial happens before Euro 2012 he will be found guilty and his England career will be over.

Now i believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty but the FA have treated John Terry lightly by just stripping him of the captaincy. Back in 2001 Bowyer and Woodgate were not even considered for selection when they were accused of GBH, both were more than good enough at the time to make it in the England squad with Leeds riding high.

The FA should have involved Capello in the discussions over the removal of Terry's captaincy but the outcome should have remained at least the same as it is or even the same as it was for Bowyer/Woodgate.

Capello is right to leave after not being involved in the discussions and i will not shed a tear.

I think Pearce should hold the fort for now and Harry come in for the Euros and beyond after Spurs season has finished.

As for Captain, i think Harry should give it to Wilshere. Sure he's young but he's going to be the best player of his generation and teams will be built around him. Obviously he is injured right now and looks like not making the Euros but the England manager should name him as captain anyway, stating that when he is fit he will be captain, so that everybody else knows the plan.
For Euro 2012 the captain should one of the older guys, Gerrard, Lampard, Parker, as long as they are aware it isnt going to be on a permanent basis.

Laughing my **** off. Couldn't make this up - a resignation caused by a racism row and out and out bigotry on display all over the shop; just what do these furriners know anyways? They don't get our footballing culture with their tactics and thinking. This is a local shop, for local people; these strangers it will bring will not understand our ways. Not like 'Arry. No, not like 'Arry who has a sense of humour and feeds the press such lovely stories which fill the column inches.

Wish I'd stocked up on popcorn. Too, too funny.

I would laugh it it wasnt so depressing...