Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw and Discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 14K
Status
Not open for further replies.
**** football, I'm reverting to cricket.

Dont worry. City losing is not an upset. 35 years and **** all.. XD

No, it isnt an upset when half the City team that played, had never played for the first team before. Clearly the League Cup isnt high on Mancinis list of priorities.

I don't see what Hodgson is going to give us tbh. He plays horrible football, hasn't got much of a reputation among Torres, Reina etc which could lead to them leaving if we keeps getting **** results, all comes back to Hodgson tbh.

Even if he was misquoted or whatever it was right and is not utter bollocks. We're playing terrible route one football, and Hodgson will play Skrtel ahead of Agger as Agger is a ball-playing centre-back and Skrtel won't hesitate to hoof the ball long.

Also as I'm rabbiting on we have scored.

give it a rest mate. I disagree with most of your points.

Firstly, he doesn't have a reputation amongst the likes of Torres and Reina? Leave it out, he's one of the most respected managers in world football and if i remember correctly. Torres actually came out and praised his appointment.

As for it being down to Hodgson if they leave. Are you ******* kidding me? it'll be down to the two twats we know as owners (jokes of) if they leave. For being tight, stingy bastards and not realising that they won't make a profit and there clearly not welcome at Anfield.
Even Hodgson's appointment comes back to the owners. They didn't want to offer a new manager cash as they knew they could be leaving so they brought in a manager prepared to work on a shoe-string budget just so he could get a crack at a big club. Everything you look at boils down to the owners, not the manager.

Liverpool’s football was more based around short passes and keeping possession. Indeed, they completed more passes than United in the first half (220 to 176), despite being second best for almost the entire 45 minutes. They had the right idea, however – they were working the ball slowly across the midfield, using their numerical advantage to narrow United’s midfield and working the ball out to the flanks into crossing positions.

the quote above is from Zonal Markings analysis of the United game. So clearly, we're not just trying to play horrible route one football. In fact, Hodgson deserves credit for going to Old Trafford and even attempting to outplay United. That takes balls. I do agree though that Agger would be my preferred choice, but hey, Hodgson knows something we don't. Clearly.

Before you go mouthing off about our manager. Think about the club you support, what we stand for and so on. We're Liverpool FC. To slate our manager after only 5 real games in charge (none against easy opposition) is terribly Chelsea or Manchester City like. If thats what floats your boat, go support one of them. If your prepared to back Roy, and not slate him when things don't go his way. Then you should be proud to call yourself a Liverpool fan. Although, you've probably been slating Hodgson ever since his appointment...

Congrats to Newcastle, totally deserved it, by what I've heard, against a strong Chelsea.

I don't understand why City didn't try and win this trophey. if they had won the trophey it would have given the players hunger for more success. The first trophey Chelsea won after Roman took over was the Carling Cup and as we know the rest is history, it started off the winning trophies streak for Chelsea.

No, it isnt an upset when half the City team that played, had never played for the first team before. Clearly the League Cup isnt high on Mancinis list of priorities.

Then why make statements like I will tear that banner bla bla bla.

Will not continue in this thread. In the near future there will be a thread on Mancini being sacked. Will discuss there :P

To be honest, i think this whole criticism of there style is being exagerrated by people who weren't happy about roy hodgson getting the job/ rafa getting sacked from day one.

I was at the United vs Liverpool game and i don't remember any punts to the corners from midfielders or any other stuff which he is apparently telling them to do. When they had the ball they played it around the ground. Plus, they were hardly playing barcelona football under Benitez.

No. I can't remember the last time we played football as bad as this. We played much better football under Rafa. When Hodgson was brought it I was behind him, but he's been an absolute joke so far.

Firstly, he doesn't have a reputation amongst the likes of Torres and Reina? Leave it out, he's one of the most respected managers in world football and if i remember correctly. Torres actually came out and praised his appointment.

As for it being down to Hodgson if they leave. Are you ******* kidding me? it'll be down to the two twats we know as owners (jokes of) if they leave. For being tight, stingy bastards and not realising that they won't make a profit and there clearly not welcome at Anfield.
Even Hodgson's appointment comes back to the owners. They didn't want to offer a new manager cash as they knew they could be leaving so they brought in a manager prepared to work on a shoe-string budget just so he could get a crack at a big club. Everything you look at boils down to the owners, not the manager.

the quote above is from Zonal Markings analysis of the United game. So clearly, we're not just trying to play horrible route one football. In fact, Hodgson deserves credit for going to Old Trafford and even attempting to outplay United. That takes balls. I do agree though that Agger would be my preferred choice, but hey, Hodgson knows something we don't. Clearly.

Before you go mouthing off about our manager. Think about the club you support, what we stand for and so on. We're Liverpool FC. To slate our manager after only 5 real games in charge (none against easy opposition) is terribly Chelsea or Manchester City like. If thats what floats your boat, go support one of them. If your prepared to back Roy, and not slate him when things don't go his way. Then you should be proud to call yourself a Liverpool fan. Although, you've probably been slating Hodgson ever since his appointment...
to be fair that only tells half the story, its short sideways slow passing, with little penetration, the ball then goes back for the fullbacks who launch it forwards

**** football, I'm reverting to cricket.

Cricket? Almost as many cheats as in football.

Anyway really reall bad result but i dont think its the result people are angry about its the fact 5 of the 11 players who started for Liverpool were in World Cup squads and they were so poor its unbelivable. Plus the fact Hodgsons style of play for Liverpool is horrible and isnt producing results. The football we are playing atm is horrible and it also seems like we have lost the ability to be tight and compact and making it very hard for teams to score against.

Anyway ive done far too much moaning tonight just hope we can get a result on Saturday.

Last edited:
just saw this on bbc from jan molby:

This was Northampton's night, it was in the stars for this to happen. But for Liverpool to lose, it was absolutely unthinkable before. They were surely always going to make sure they would win this game, weren't they? I think we are seeing the legacy of the Rafael Benitez reign right here, and it's going to take Liverpool a long time to challenge for the top four again."

what a load of rubbish, the failings here are nothing to do with benitez. numpty

This was Northampton's night, it was in the stars for this to happen. But for Liverpool to lose, it was absolutely unthinkable before. They were surely always going to make sure they would win this game, weren't they? I think we are seeing the legacy of the Rafael Benitez reign right here, and it's going to take Liverpool a long time to challenge for the top four again."

what a load of rubbish, the failings here are nothing to do with benitez. numpty

Agreed. It's just a filler, said by a pundit who needs something to say. Utter bollocks.

Most of the players were signed by Benitez and some people would say that the players are not of the quality that Liverpool fans would expect. He may have a point.

At least if Kenny got the job, he has passion for the club, and know what this club is famous for, and wouldn't launch it and hope for the best.

Oh, I agree it all boils down to the owners, thus we wouldn't have Hodgson if we had decent ones. Doubt Reina, Torres etc would have heard of Hodgson before he went to Fulham..

Not sure how you can doubt me as a supporter, my Grandad was a director at the club in the olden' days, I come from a family of Liverpool supporters, I've been a season ticket holder since I was 5. I've been fully behind Roy until now. Couldn't care less if you disagree with me tbh, at the end of the day, fact is, we're probably going to finish lower than we did last season.

Also, not sure how you can say we're not playing route one football :S

Most of the players were signed by Benitez and some people would say that the players are not of the quality that Liverpool fans would expect. He may have a point.
no because that side out there had the quality to beat them, no matter which way you look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back