Carlo Ancelotti Sacked!

Call me naive, I mean I love Van Basten as a player and a guy but I can't see his credentials being up to scratch managerially to manage Chelsea. In fact I'm puzzled why he is getting more odds on to be the next manager by the hour, surely a manager who has actually won some serious silverware has to be ahead of him? Plus he has signed a LEGAL contract with a presidential candidate at Sporting CP to become their manager IF the guy wins the presidential election over there. Hiddink makes more sense but still hes not an amazing club manager and has hardly impressed in the past couple of years, I mean the only reasoning in appointing Van Basten is he will not be afraid to drop big players and stamp his foot down with the board.

Really hope Roman smartens up and brings Boas back, and can not discount Deschamps the ex Chelsea player who won the French ligue 1 title either. I think Abrahomivich has done the right thing to be honest, the way things were just not changing and the way Wilkins was handled just paved the way. The second the board undermined Ancelotti when things were going slightly wrong it spelt the end and to keep him in charge would be a mistake imo, they need a flexible coach with a new philosophy not one like Hiddink who is too close to the board and way too close to senior Chelsea players. Hiddink=Director of football replacing Arnesen would be sensational for Chelsea.

Andre Villas Boas is the man Roman, bring him home!

@Joss Brilliant article above and I agree with 80 pct of the points. Brilliantly written and put across, Wilkins thing was clearly a gourlay (or however its spelt) decision so that falls on his ridiculously football knowledge lacking head.

Can van Basten do that? (Sign a pre-contract with a candidate who might not even take over..) It might be a gentleman's agreement but I'd be surprised if he was legally bound to become their manager if x president succeeds in his elections.

Surely Guus Hiddink showed in his season at Chelsea just how good he is? Won the FA Cup, got to the Champions League semis and was pretty unlucky not to get to the final, and only lost 1 game. I think the majority of Chelsea fans would disagree with you on that one.

Bring Boas back? He was never manager? I don't think he's coming to England yet, anyway. Didn't he say he was staying with Porto for the time-being just a week or so ago?

You realise that Wilkins wasn't sacked by "Carlo", right? That was entirely down to Abramovic as far as we can tell and as far as being undermined goes, I'm not sure why being undermined by a ruthless and stupid board means you should be sacked.. He didn't really stand up to them but he did what he could despite having little control over most things/how the club was run. I think he was fairly flexible but with the squad he had, it would have been difficult to win the league this year IMO. Lampard and Drogba couldn't find a run of form (for one reason or another), Essien was poor and they signed an out of form, unfit Torres for £50m - you're not going to find many managers who won't play 4-3-3 (or something similar) with that side and be willing to work under Abramovic & co. and keep schtum.

Can van Basten do that? (Sign a pre-contract with a candidate who might not even take over..) It might be a gentleman's agreement but I'd be surprised if he was legally bound to become their manager if x president succeeds in his elections.

Surely Guus Hiddink showed in his season at Chelsea just how good he is? Won the FA Cup, got to the Champions League semis and was pretty unlucky not to get to the final, and only lost 1 game. I think the majority of Chelsea fans would disagree with you on that one.

Bring Boas back? He was never manager? I don't think he's coming to England yet, anyway. Didn't he say he was staying with Porto for the time-being just a week or so ago?

You realise that Wilkins wasn't sacked by "Carlo", right? That was entirely down to Abramovic as far as we can tell and as far as being undermined goes, I'm not sure why being undermined by a ruthless and stupid board means you should be sacked.. He didn't really stand up to them but he did what he could despite having little control over most things/how the club was run. I think he was fairly flexible but with the squad he had, it would have been difficult to win the league this year IMO. Lampard and Drogba couldn't find a run of form (for one reason or another), Essien was poor and they signed an out of form, unfit Torres for £50m - you're not going to find many managers who won't play 4-3-3 (or something similar) with that side and be willing to work under Abramovic & co. and keep schtum.

He signed it in front of a press conference of local Lisbon media lol, properly manufactured situation of PR to try to win votes to become the SCP president, I obviously don't know what it said or if it was legally binding but he has already been presented in the guys campaign as the future manager. Hiddink did a great job but the argument of Hiddink is that of Avram Grant it was more the players than it was the manager... (Waits for the onslaught from that comment).
Carlo did get undermined hugely when Wilkins got 'let go', the board let him go and replaced him with some Nigerian scout who I haven't seen talk to Carlo once. The second the board did that and undermined Carlos wishes in such a way Carlo was as good as buried, the manager can't continue unopposed when basically he has been so undermined that he couldn't answer the players when they asked 'why was Ray sacked?'. Alot of Chelsea players have alot to answer to, I think they became relaxed,complacent and very very slow in possession and in the Premiership you can not play slow tempo passing and expect to win games. I mean listen, Carlo will get a huge pay off, go back to his farm in South Italy and look at all the offers he will be getting and Chelsea will move on as they always do. A sacking from Abrahmovich means nothing on a C/V because everyone knows how ridiculous his decisions are.

Boas coached/served under Mourinho for 3 years so if he came back as manager he would be returning. Best appointment is Boas, Chelsea need to freshen up and rebrand themselves for a new era of younger talent mixed with world class stars like Terry Lampard Cech Torres etc. He did say he would stay after winning the Europa League but he also said ''I love London, life there is perfect in England for me and I have a great relationship with Roman.''
Ancelotti is a brilliant coach but he was a dead man walking the second Wilkins got sacked, I mean lets not run from the facts his Champions League displays have left alot to be admired and he was brought in to deliver the Champions League. The fact is in modern football its all about results and performances and Chelsea have simply not been good enough since the Newcastle result, and his hands have been tied but the axe falls on the managers head despite the fact in my opinion he has picked (90 pct of the time) the best 11 possible the players have just played so bad in possession it has been unbelievable.

So do the board take the risk next season will be all so different? Not Chelsea's style in recent years, right decision for everyone involved and hopefully they are just as ruthless with some of the players in that dressing room. Carlo will be fine no one should be mourning for him, he will get a huge pay off and the offers will come flooding in from around Europe (Probably taking Roma) so he will be fine.

And on the point of Mourinho, even if he was available I highly doubt Roman will take him back after paying him an EIGHT figure compensation sum when he sacked him oO)...Then again I don't know how a billionaire thinks.

If Abramovich is going to sack a manager every time one has a trophyless season then why offer them more than a one year deal?? That way you dont have to pay them off and the manager/fans know where they stand surely??

Sky Sports understand that Marco van Basten is interested in the Chelsea job, but no contact has been made. We also understand that he has NOT signed a pre-contract deal with Sporting Lisbon to take over this summer..

If Abramovich is going to sack a manager every time one has a trophyless season then why offer them more than a one year deal?? That way you dont have to pay them off and the manager/fans know where they stand surely??

Because managers want stability and long term contracts, so if they fail they still get a pay off.

Because managers want stability and long term contracts, so if they fail they still get a pay off.

Pep does it with Barca and it works very well. Managing a club like Chelsea is a task and most managers like a task, if Roman stood by his guns and said i only give out yearly contracts then im sure managers would still be attracted to the position. It just makes good business sence surely.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Sky Sports understand that Marco van Basten is interested in the Chelsea job, but no contact has been made. We also understand that he has NOT signed a pre-contract deal with Sporting Lisbon to take over this summer..

Dont want him but i can see it happening. He had quite a close relationship with Chelsea when Gullit was manager and he took part in training once (which got the media suggesting he was coming out of retirement to play for us). Sensational player but a huge question mark over his managirial credabilities.

I personally feel AVB will take charge at Chelsea, he has worked at Chelsea before so he has a good knowledge about the club and its core players, he probably knows Roman and his antics well enough too plus since he has worked at Chelsea before and was reputed to be Mourinho's unsung 2nd assistant manager who would prepare pre-match dossier's on all opposition teams, he surely has a good idea of the way English Football works, hope he comes, he looks to me as a very tactically shrewd manager

I would welcome Hiddink although he probably wont come as he says that he does not want to take a job as a club manager but would love for him to become the Director of Football here at Chelsea, Van Basten is a fair choice but I'd rather hav AVB or Hiddink ahead of him

Mournho.... we are allowed to dream, right

Goal Was The Only One Reporting The News Wire In English

He has been learning Portugese for the past 3 months, all that will not be for nothing. If he couldn't win the title in Holland how can he expect to win the Premier League?

Of course he is interested in the job he hasn't been in football for close to 2 years.

I love him as a player but he hasn't proven himself yet as a manager.

I actually agree with this sacking, unlike his previous ones.

If Ancellotti cannot get the team motivated for a game like the one against united - the biggest of their season, something isn't working. I don't know if it is a language barrier, lake of motivational skills or the players don't like him, but it is a different chelsea from the Hiddink and José days.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

p.s Chelsea fans; you all want Rafa, admit it.

If Ancellotti cannot get the team motivated for a game like the one against united - the biggest of their season, something isn't working. I don't know if it is a language barrier, lake of motivational skills or the players don't like him, but it is a different chelsea from the Hiddink and José days.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

still a club needs stability, and the way he roused the players from our prolong mid-season slump and took us back into contention for the title when it was a Arsenal-Man Utd race all the ay was quite commendable and he deserved to see his contract out

Or maybe it was the players fault? No manager would have been able to prevent fx Mario Balotelli's outbursts no matter how good a motivational speaker or disciplinary they are.

Pep does it with Barca and it works very well. Managing a club like Chelsea is a task and most managers like a task, if Roman stood by his guns and said i only give out yearly contracts then im sure managers would still be attracted to the position. It just makes good business sence surely.

No Manager will sign if you offer just one year contract. At least big names. Pep situation is completely different. He has done it all with Barca and he signs only one year contract so that when the board are not happy they can just release him. And also he wont sign long term as if new board president wants to bring other manager they can without paying hefty sum to him. There was article year or 2 back about it. So only he signs only one year extensions at max 2.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------[/COLOR]

How does that work. All great managers have lost key battles. Last season we lost to Chelsea at OT, winning which we could have won the league. Does that mean SAF deserved to be sacked?

Jose lost 5-0 against Barca, their biggest game of the season.
We lost to Arsenal 1-0 at Emirates which was key game.

Like i said all great managers lose few key games, Chelsea just got off to worse start possible and never recovered from it. Simple as that.

Carlo will have to take some of the blame but not much. Your points make no sence at all. Carlo was the manager last season when he led the club to its most successfull season in its history so you cant blame the language barrier, lack of motivational skill or players dont like him there can you. The reasons behind the bad 3 months we had and thats all it was 3 months out of a possable 24 was.
  1. Selling too many expirenced players to reduce the wage bill - Not Carlo's fault
  2. Thinking the youngsters were ready to step up and fill the gap - Not Carlo's fault
  3. Some players becomming complacent because lack of players - A little Carlo's fault
  4. Frank Lampards injury - Not Carlo's fault
  5. Didier Drogba contracting malaria - Not Carlo's fault
  6. Sacking Ray Wilkins - Not Carlo's fault
  7. Refusing to back him from November onwards - Not Carlo's fault
  8. Signing Torres when he only wanted Luiz and a midfielder - Not Carlo's fault
And to your last statement not one single Chelsea fan wants to see that thing at our club and with good reason.

Carlo will have to take some of the blame but not much. Your points make no sence at all. Carlo was the manager last season when he led the club to its most successfull season in its history so you cant blame the language barrier, lack of motivational skill or players dont like him there can you. The reasons behind the bad 3 months we had and thats all it was 3 months out of a possable 24 was.
  1. Selling too many expirenced players to reduce the wage bill - Slightly Carlo's fault. Doubt Abramovic cares THAT much about the wage bill tbf.
  2. Thinking the youngsters were ready to step up and fill the gap - Very much Carlo's fault? Should be watching the players regularly and see if they are good enough to step up and if they aren't, dont weaken your squad.
  3. Some players becomming complacent because lack of players - Carlo's fault - Poor motivating.
And to your last statement not one single Chelsea fan wants to see that thing at our club and with good reason.

Chelsea bosses kind of do sign their own players lads, (to an extent) with Arnesen they make the final calls on players most the time

Ancelotti wanted Torres LAST summer- Fact?
Ancelotti signed Ramires- Fact?
Ancelotti signed/wanted Luiz- Fact?
Ancelotti signed Benayoun- Fact?
Scolari signed Bosingwa plus Deco at least- Fact?
Hiddink signed Zhirkov- Fact?

All those players were signed entirely/mostly by those managers lads so the idea that Chelsea is some kind of foreign league director ran transfer policy lalala is not really true at all.

With Arnesen out the door now I can see a new era transfer policy wise so hopefully the next appointment gets the funds/players he wants. But to say the signings are all on Romans head is a bit wrong to be honest. Admittedly Roman does have the final say but it is his money, but the manager picks the players and decides if he will sign them or not.

1. Selling too many expirenced players to reduce the wage bill - Not Carlo's fault
  2. Thinking the youngsters were ready to step up and fill the gap - Not Carlo's fault
  3. Some players becomming complacent because lack of players - A little Carlo's fault

1. HAving to reduce the pay bill shouldn't have to happen at a top club. None of the other top teams have had to.
2. Definitely his fault.
3.Motivational Skills maybe?
4. Okie.
5. ^
6. Perhaps he was the link because of the language barrier.
7. Don't know what you mean.
8. Big whoop, he didn't have to play him.

Lies.

1. HAving to reduce the pay bill shouldn't have to happen at a top club. None of the other top teams have had to. you have to when you have the biggest wage bill in the country and with these news regulations comming into play
2. Definitely his fault. If the players were sold and no replacement were bought in then its not his fault
3.Motivational Skills maybe? Again when we were winning these wearnt a problem was it
4. Okie.
5. ^
6. Perhaps he was the link because of the language barrier. Whan language barrier exacly?? Have you not heard him
7. Don't know what you mean.
8. Big whoop, he didn't have to play him. Of corse he had to play a man who cost the owner 50million

Lies.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Chelsea bosses kind of do sign their own players lads, (to an extent) with Arnesen they make the final calls on players most the time

Ancelotti wanted Torres LAST summer- Fact?
Ancelotti signed Ramires- Fact?
Ancelotti signed/wanted Luiz- Fact?
Ancelotti signed Benayoun- Fact?
Scolari signed Bosingwa plus Deco at least- Fact?
Hiddink signed Zhirkov- Fact?

All those players were signed entirely/mostly by those managers lads so the idea that Chelsea is some kind of foreign league director ran transfer policy lalala is not really true at all.

With Arnesen out the door now I can see a new era transfer policy wise so hopefully the next appointment gets the funds/players he wants. But to say the signings are all on Romans head is a bit wrong to be honest. Admittedly Roman does have the final say but it is his money, but the manager picks the players and decides if he will sign them or not.

And they all get trumped by the signing of Shevchenko!! Its easy to see that the manager of Chelsea does not get the final say on transfers majority of the time.

Last edited: