Carlo Ancelotti Sacked!

Really hope they can lure Boas back as manager <3 Carlo to Roma with Montella as his no.2 ;)

Well he must have done somthing right as his teammates voted him as Chelsea's player of the year?

And typicly my point about Utd, when things are going well nothing is said about the Glazers but when results arnt matching up its much more vocal. They stay out because they have nothing to give simple as that.

Would Ronaldo have gave him the doing Valencia gave him the other week? Plus since the Glazers have took over the results have matched up fairly well. If Fergie's happy with the yanks then so am I until he says otherwise. Gill runs the club anyway effectively

Well he must have done somthing right as his teammates voted him as Chelsea's player of the year?

And typicly my point about Utd, when things are going well nothing is said about the Glazers but when results arnt matching up its much more vocal. They stay out because they have nothing to give simple as that.

His point was that the Glazers don't mess with the team which is true, the same can't be said about Abramavich.

His point was that the Glazers don't mess with the team which is true, the same can't be said about Abramavich.

As much as sometimes i hate it, this is Romans club simple as that. He can do what he likes when he likes, he saved Chelsea from going out of business at the end of the day.

As much as sometimes i hate it, this is Romans club simple as that. He can do what he likes when he likes, he saved Chelsea from going out of business at the end of the day.

and its that attitude of his that will prevent chelsea from getting better and better

Well this is VERY true. Have some Chelsea friends who give Roman terrible grief. Yet if he jumped ship 2moro Chelsea would slap the wall hard

I dont think i could ever hate Roman after what hes done with the club but someone really needs to tell him how football works.. I'd like a manager to stay for long period even if he doesn't win anything some seasons, we need some stability.

Also hope Sturridge stays and plays especially if the Drogba rumours are true

and its that attitude of his that will prevent chelsea from getting better and better

Well its not like we have done bad is it?? No its not nice and fair we keep sacking managers but id rather what we have done in the last 7 years than done nothing at all.

I dont think i could ever hate Roman after what hes done with the club but someone really needs to tell him how football works.. I'd like a manager to stay for long period even if he doesn't win anything some seasons, we need some stability.

Also hope Sturridge stays and plays especially if the Drogba rumours are true

Same. I love Abramovich not just because he injected loads of money in to the club but most importantly saving us and I actually thinks he's a decent guy too. I know he gets a lot of stick for getting rid of managers, but that's the way he is, it's frustrating but it's to be expected. He wouldn't have gotten where he is today without making big, rash decisions.

Abramovich does understand how football works he just needs to learn that what we need is a long-term manager.

and Chelsea become even more of a laughing stock...

big joke by roman. why dont he be the manager then

sack some good managers.
jose, scolarai (lol), grant(ed), and now angeloti.

at least guss hiddink survived.

I think Walter Smith will get th job.
Retired after the SPL season.

Anyway, bit daft from Abramovich here. Ancelotti done a good job to get them back on course after their spell in November. :/

Pathetic to say the least. Carlo is a brilliant manager and I for one find it really hard to dislike him. I think Roman has to have a real good look at himself, Chelsea AREN'T a massive club and aren't going to win trophies every season. Shot me down for saying that but it's the truth. Man Utd didn't sack Fergie after trophyless seasons and look where he and we are now.

The thing with current BIG money owners is they want to see success every season for their investments. Roman is an example and I think Mancini better start winning from the start or he will be sacked too! I don't think any club could be successful without consistency and stability in the manager. You have to give the manager full time. Roman keeps doing these things doesn't he? Now Ancelotti knew what changes were to be done in the club, which new players he wanted and other things now a new manager has to do it from scratch he has to get to know the team find the ego problems of players (if there are any) and buy some quality players. United stuck with fergie because of the backing from Sir Matt and Bobby Charlton trusted him. I don't if anyone at chelsea is big enough to stand up to Roman. It's a shame because he is the most honest manager I have ever seen and this coming from a United fans. Ancelotti just accepts that his did play well or didn't play well etc. Goodness knows what Roman is going do with Chelsea.

If anyone mentions Andre Villas Boas and how he is going to be their next manager, I will report each and every post.

Get used to it Alex. He is going to replace SAF after say 5 years.. ;)

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

I'm very happy that Carlo is gone. You just can't hate the person. He is that good. I'm glad that he wont be at Chelsea from now on. Hope he gets his dream job (Roma) and build his legacy there. They have wealthy owners and Serie A is up for grabs.

All the very best Carlo..

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

And regarding next manager, maybe Van Gaal or Marco Van Basten will get it IMO..

I was almost in tears when I found out. What abramovich does to the managers at Chelsea is a ******* disgrace. He may have saved the club back in 2003 but at the moment I cant stand him.

I was almost in tears when I found out. What abramovich does to the managers at Chelsea is a ******* disgrace. He may have saved the club back in 2003 but at the moment I cant stand him.

Ah well, when the going gets tough...there's always Stevenage.

Worst. Article. Ever.

To be fair, it's quite well written... But it's absolute tosh and full of hypocrisy and a xenophobia CJACKO would be proud of (;))
--------

Roman Abramovich made the correct decision in sacking Carlo Ancelotti

The Italian will be missed if he returns to Italy but Chelsea's owner was right to relieve him of his dutieshttp://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...vich-chelsea?commentpage=last#end-of-comments

It may seem preposterous that Roman Abramovich has sacked a manager who brought him the Double of the Premier League and FA Cup only 12 months ago, who took the club to second place in the table this season and who is universally liked. But the past year has not been the most glorious in the career of Carlo Ancelotti, who now becomes the sixth manager in eight years to say farewell to the Russian oligarch.

Ancelotti is a great football man, as his playing and managerial record handsomely attest. But a truly great manager? It is possible to argue that at Milan he took over a side built first by Arrigo Sacchi and then by Fabio Capello, and that the success of his first season at Chelsea was achieved on foundations erected by Claudio Ranieri and José Mourinho, then re-established by Guus Hiddink after the interludes of Luiz Felipe Scolari and Avram Grant.

Managing Juventus under Gianni Agnelli and Milan under Silvio Berlusconi, he proved himself adept at negotiating his way through the sometimes whimsical demands of powerful men. But Berlusconi, prepared to accept a return of one Serie A title and two European Cups in eight years, was undemanding by comparison with Abramovich.

Perhaps Chelsea's Russian owner is right and his team should have won the Champions League by now. An investment of £700m over eight years ought to have been enough, having blown the Premier League apart, to conquer Europe as well – as indeed it would have been, but for John Terry's fluffed penalty in Moscow.

Abramovich will undoubtedly feel that Chelsea should have taken advantage of the situation in the Premier League this season, with the other top teams in transition or in turmoil. After the defeat at Goodison Park on Sunday, they retained second place ahead of Manchester City only on goal difference, trailing a Manchester United side who have won the league with a dismal away record that might have been exploited more ruthlessly by their rivals. But Ancelotti seemed unable to consolidate a good start to the campaign or to imbue the side with real consistency.

If Abramovich was behind the decision to economise by allowing senior players to leave last summer while filling the substitutes' bench with academy graduates then he can blame himself for not accepting the reality of Stamford Bridge's own transitional season.

The sudden abandonment of the policy in the second half of the season indicated the lack of sure guidance at a very senior level. But then Ancelotti has never been noted for giving youth its head – at Milan, indeed, he was famous for preserving the careers of illustrious veterans long past their normal retirement dates – and it was disappointing to see the talented youngsters loaned out or sent back to the reserves.

Possibly, too, Abramovich would have respected Ancelotti more had the Italian publicly stood up for himself after the coach Ray Wilkins was sacked last November, in mysterious circumstances which have still not been made public. But Ancelotti's rounded character, civilised attitude to life and sardonic wit have always appeared to be accompanied by a certain passivity. If that makes him a nicer man than one or two of his predecessors at Chelsea, it may also make him a less effective decision‑maker in moments of personal and collective adversity.

Abramovich might secure the return of Hiddink, if Turkey fail to qualify for Euro 2012 this summer – even though, following the failure of Russia's World Cup 2010 campaign, that would mark a second successive blot on the Dutch veteran's copybook. Or he might accept the need to meet the reported £15m buyout clause written into the contract of the 33‑year‑old André Villas‑Boas, who followed in the footsteps of Mourinho, his former boss at Chelsea, last week by guiding Porto to success in Europe's second-tier club competition at his first attempt. The rumoured return of Grant as director of football, to replace the departing Frank Arnesen, would be greeted by Chelsea's fans with rather less enthusiasm.

Ancelotti has enjoyed acclimatising to English football and there must be a possibility that he will stay. If he chooses instead to accept an attractive invitation to return to Roma, he will be missed.

Roman Abramovich made the correct decision in sacking Carlo Ancelotti | Richard Williams | Football | The Guardian

Call me naive, I mean I love Van Basten as a player and a guy but I can't see his credentials being up to scratch managerially to manage Chelsea. In fact I'm puzzled why he is getting more odds on to be the next manager by the hour, surely a manager who has actually won some serious silverware has to be ahead of him? Plus he has signed a LEGAL contract with a presidential candidate at Sporting CP to become their manager IF the guy wins the presidential election over there. Hiddink makes more sense but still hes not an amazing club manager and has hardly impressed in the past couple of years, I mean the only reasoning in appointing Van Basten is he will not be afraid to drop big players and stamp his foot down with the board.

Really hope Roman smartens up and brings Boas back, and can not discount Deschamps the ex Chelsea player who won the French ligue 1 title either. I think Abrahomivich has done the right thing to be honest, the way things were just not changing and the way Wilkins was handled just paved the way. The second the board undermined Ancelotti when things were going slightly wrong it spelt the end and to keep him in charge would be a mistake imo, they need a flexible coach with a new philosophy not one like Hiddink who is too close to the board and way too close to senior Chelsea players. Hiddink=Director of football replacing Arnesen would be sensational for Chelsea.

Andre Villas Boas is the man Roman, bring him home!

@Joss Brilliant article above and I agree with 80 pct of the points. Brilliantly written and put across, Wilkins thing was clearly a gourlay (or however its spelt) decision so that falls on his ridiculously football knowledge lacking head.

Last edited: