Chairman Game - Conquering the Premier League

January 2023 Review

Transfers

attachment.php
attachment.php

A couple of big deals this window as Man City spend £66mil on Depay and Liverpool spend £44.5mil on Watford’s Simone Zanetti. A few deals in the Championship as well with Watford losing a couple of players again. Zanetti and Ibe have both left this window.

Premier League

attachment.php

Wolves are still leading the charge for chairmen teams in 5th​ place but something that is really confusing is the number of games teams have played. You have one team, Huddersfield, who have played only 18 games while some teams have played as much as 22 games. It will be interesting to see how those teams that have played less games do in the second half of the season where I would expect they will have to play quite a few games close to each other.

Championship

attachment.php

Watford are still in the chase for the automatic places but will need to make up the 4 points on Leeds in 2nd​ place. The number of games played here is all even so it seems that the World Cup in December only affected the Premier League.

2022/23 Season Review

Premier League

attachment.php

I am going to start at the bottom and say I am pleased to say that no chairmen teams were relegated this season. In the end it was a 6 point gap up to Newcastle so it was pretty comfortable and everyone can look forward to another season in the Premier League.

Towards the top now and once again it is Bournemouth who finish as the best of the chairmen teams in 6th​ place. It looked as though it was going to be Wolves but no win in their last 4 games of the season, one of which was a loss to Bournemouth as well, means that they will have to settle for 7th​ place.

Championship

attachment.php

Only team down here but not any longer as Watford secure 2nd​ place and therefore are back in the Premier League. They ended up 8 points above 3rd​ place so they must have had an incredible run of form in the second half of the season. It will now be TNSSO’s job to make sure they can stay in the Premier League.

League Cup

attachment.php

Pretty similar to previous seasons here as we had 2 teams in the semi-finals but neither of these teams could make it to the final where Tottenham eventually won the competition.

FA Cup

attachment.php

Still no competition wins yet then. Championship side Watford were our best run here but they eventually dropped to Man Utd in the semi-finals. The dominance by the top 6 sides in the cups has been consistent. I am surprised we haven’t seen at least one cup win by now.

Main Competition Winners

Premier League – Tottenham
League Cup – Tottenham
FA Cup – Man City
Community Shield – Liverpool
Champions League – Man Utd
Europa League – Juventus

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Open

Budgets

Aston Villa – theKaustuv - £35 Million Budget
Bournemouth – Linecoigne1998 – (-£1 Million) Budget
Crystal Palace – WeArePalace - £7 Million Budget
Everton – Pledgey - £98 Million Budget
Fulham – KillerRoo - £5 Million Budget
Huddersfield – Telstar – (-£5 Million) Budget
Leicester – Mataa98 – (-£41 Million) Budget
Southampton – Benncfc24 – £23 Million Budget
Watford - £57 Million Budget
Wolves – dwellsync - £59 Million Budget

Manager Movements

Julen Lopetegui (Leicester) – Sacked, Replaced with Victor Fernandez

Teams Available

Burnley – (-£11 Million) Budget
Cardiff - £45 Million Budget
Leeds - £20 Million Budget
Newcastle – (-£21 Million) Budget

Transfer Window

The transfer window is now open. The window will close Sunday 8pm BST.

Game File

Chairman_Game_-_Conquering_the_Premier_League

Back in the Prem and FA Cup semi finalists! Decent season....now to spend that 60 million wisely and keep us up!

God **** it, no money again... hopefully we get some money for January lol. Really happy we clutched up 6th to get some European football next season though!

Football_Huddersfield.png

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

For the last few seasons Huddersfield has constantly been in the middle of the table, earning them a chance to wear the Premier League patch without having to tear it off at the end of every season. In the end they have also had some financial troubles as we have failed EPL financial fair play regulations. Main reason being that Pochettino spends more than he makes. But he is forgiven as we have not been relegated since his appointment.

The only problem is that his win percentage is 47 and thats a bit on the low side. Everything upward of 51% would be acceptable as it would represent the fact that Huddersfield is a top 10 club. Pochettinos contract is in its last year and his faith will be decided at winter transfer window (if we have the finances).

If we do release Mauricio, we will be looking for someone who can give the squad another gear and push them to TOP 6.

TRANSFER LIST FOR SUMMER 2023

Ignacio Camacho - kill your opponents passing game - 9 million

Please give my budget to my manager! I will also be out of country for a week or so. I will try to jump on if i can but not hopeful

Please give my budget to my manager! I will also be out of country for a week or so. I will try to jump on if i can but not hopeful

I have made a note of this. I will give your budget to your manager if I do not hear from you before the deadline.

I will also be out of the country for the next week. Please give my budget to Simeone and keep rehiring him if he gets fired

Sorry for the delay but I have had a couple of things to do over the last couple of hours. I am now back on the game and will be posting transfers in a moment.

Rather than reply to everyone who has messaged me separately, I just want everyone to know that I have made a note of your transfers and they should be on the post that I put out in a moment.

Summer 2023 Transfers

Aston Villa – theKaustuv - £35 Million Budget

No transfers made

Bournemouth – Linecoigne1998 – (-£1 Million) Budget

No transfers made

Crystal Palace – WeArePalace - £7 Million Budget

No transfers made

Everton – Pledgey - £98 Million Budget

Transfer – Kevin Whitmore – Freiburg - £5mil - £10k
Transfer – Ronald Menzel – Werder Bremen - £10mil - £30k
Transfer – Marc Denniger – Schalke - £15mil - £55k
Transfer – Richard Cristaldo – Olimpia - £2mil - £3k
Transfer – Ilja Magomedov – Spartak Moscow - £1mil - £30k

LOAN – Andre Onana – PSG – Outbid by another chairman
LOAN – Angelino – Monaco

All facilities upgraded for £10.5mil

Fulham – KillerRoo - £5 Million Budget

£5 Million Budget given to manager

Huddersfield – Telstar – (-£5 Million) Budget

LOAN – Andre Onana – PSG
LOAN – Ellis Wright - Chelsea

Leicester – Mataa98 – (-£41 Million) Budget

No transfers made

Southampton – Benncfc24 - £23 Million Budget

Transfer – Ivan Sasinka - £17mil - £6.9k

Transfer budget set to £15mil

Watford – TheNotSoSpecialOne - £57 Million Budget

Transfer – Lukas Klostermann – Leipzig - £23.5mil - £105k
Transfer – Daniel Negredo – Celta Vigo - £5mil - £76.5k
Transfer – Marcos Bahia – Shakhtar - £16mil - £83k
Transfer – Marek Hamsik – Dalian Yifang - £3.4mil - £71k

FREE – Keylor Navas - £45k

Manager Out – Wesley Sneijder - £3.2mil
Manager In – Zinedine Zidane - £1.2mil

Junior Coaching improved for £2.5mil
Stadium capacity increased by 2000 for £2mil

Wolves – dwellsync - £59 Million Budget

No transfers made

Summer 2023 Transfers

Transfers

attachment.php

Some very big transfers took place this window. The big chairmen transfer was clearly Sebastian Nowak leaving Everton for £93 Million. There were other more interesting deals though as Bournemouth sold Guebbels to one of the big 6 (Liverpool) while Aston Villa did the same with Hepburn-Murphy (Arsenal).

In terms of players coming to chairmen teams, the biggest deal was Southampton deciding to sign Ademola Lookman from fellow chairmen team Everton for £39.5 Million.

Premier League

attachment.php

Very early days in the league but it is nice to see both Crystal Palace and Leicester breaking into the top 6, especially Leicester as they struggled a lot last season. Newcastle and Wolves are the other chairmen teams in the top half of the table.

Slight worries for Huddersfield and Fulham who sit in the bottom three along with Leeds. As I said before though, it is very early days so there is nothing to panic about just yet.

Europe

The Europa League groups have been drawn and we have both Wolves and Bournemouth representing the chairmen teams here.

attachment.php

Wolves look to have a very tough group with Sporting, Brondby and Anderlecht all providing a tough test both home and away. It will be a tough test for them to get through that group.

attachment.php

Bournemouth on the other hand have a much nicer group. Villarreal are clearly a tough team but Qarabag and Aktobe should both be pretty comfortable teams for Bournemouth, especially when you can say people such as Cristiano Ronaldo are playing on the south coast.

2023/24 Mid-Season Update

Premier League

attachment.php

Half way through the season and the top 6 is not changing at all. Wolves are closest to the them in 7th​ place but they are 5 points off of 6th​ place Tottenham. Watford, Crystal Palace and Leicester are also in the top half of the table and should be looking to try and sneak into a European qualification place.

At the other end of the table, Aston Villa are in a lot of trouble and look all but relegated. Just one win from 20 is not good enough and only a big change in form is going to do anything for them. The other two teams in the bottom 3 are not chairmen teams but surprisingly, Fulham and Bournemouth sit just above the bottom three and I say surprisingly as these are the teams that have Messi and Ronaldo in their squads.

League Cup

attachment.php

Just one chairmen team left yet again as Huddersfield fly the flag for Chairmen teams. They face the tough task of beating Man Utd in the semi-finals and then possibly Man City in the final. They have already beaten Liverpool 4-1 in the 4th​ round though so it is clearly possible.

Europe

attachment.php

I said Wolves had a tough group but they have qualified top of the group and lost only 1 game in the group stage. Their reward for this is a first knockout round game against European heavyweights Borussia Dortmund.

attachment.php

I did say that Bournemouth had an easier group and it showed as they finished with 6 wins from 6 and scoring 22 goals in those 6 games. Their reward for such an impressive group stage is a first knockout round tie against Anderlecht.

January 2024

Budgets

Aston Villa – theKaustuv – (-£6 Million) Budget
Bournemouth – Linecoigne1998 – (-£18 Million) Budget
Crystal Palace – WeArePalace – (-£5 Million) Budget
Everton – Pledgey - £118 Million Budget
Fulham – KillerRoo –
(-£40 Million) Budget
Huddersfield – Telstar – (-£43 Million) Budget
Leicester – Mataa98 – (-£61 Million) Budget
Southampton – Benncfc24 – (-£7 Million) Budget
Watford – TheNotSoSpecialOne - £13 Million Budget
Wolves – dwellsync - £108 Million Budget

I imagine there needs to be a lot of dealing with Pledgey and dwellsync if you are looking to do any business this window.

Manager Movements

Diego Simeone (Wolves) – Offered new job, replaced with Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
Andy Scott (Aston Villa) – Sacked, replaced with Leonardo Jardim
Antonio Conte (Bournemouth) – Sacked, replaced with Slaven Bilic
Jose Mourinho (Fulham) – Sacked, not yet replaced

Transfer Window

I am away on Friday and Saturday so the transfer window will need to close either Thursday or Sunday at 8pm BST. As not many people have any money to spend I am thinking of Thursday but if anyone has an issue with that then let me know and I will move it to Sunday.

Game File

Chairman Game - Conquering the Premier League

Oh dear, in the negative!! Quiet January for me then!

Happy to go with Thursday!

I'm happy with Thursday as well, got no money anyways lol xD also, could you re-hire Conte as my manager please?

th

Changes at Cardiff.

Relatively unknown business man Nath Walker has today bought a majority share in Cardiff City and will take over as Chairman in the next few hours. He had this to say in his press release:

"The club have done well surviving in the premier league for the past few years, but we want more than that. We currently sit in a very dangerous position and so I pushed through my offer quicker than the original plan. We now have a transfer window and half a season to turn our fortunes around.
I will be heavily involved in the dealings of this club to make sure we get the very best players possible, we will then also have a look at the staff at the club and what is best for us moving forward. Everyone will have their chance to meet with me a discuss the future. Any movements will have the best for the club at heart.
Thank you for meeting with me."

This game needs changes. Last 3 transfer windows i didnt made any transfers but budget comes from -20 to -70M.

Ps. I dont have any superstars with high wage demand.

This game needs changes. Last 3 transfer windows i didnt made any transfers but budget comes from -20 to -70M.

Ps. I dont have any superstars with high wage demand.

You're manager has spent 90m in the transfer window, Just for this summer. You could try hire a manager that has a trait to sign kids, they tend to be cheaper.

There's nothing "wrong with the game" its football manager