Chairman Game - The Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter FM_TNSSO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 698
  • Views Views 44K
End of Season

END OF SEASON UPDATE

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Aston Villa and Blackburn finish as the bottom two in the Premiership and will be joining the majority of us back in the Championship next season. However, a massive well done to West Brom who survive and will be a Premier League team again next year!

View attachment 20117

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Middlesbrough win the league as expected achieveing over 100 points with a 14 point gap back to 2nd place! Stoke finished stronger than Leeds and snap up automatic promotion as the appointments of Wenger and Poch pay off for the top 2! Only 2 chairman clubs will take part in the playoffs as Derby sneak into 6th place ahead of Brentford, Sunderland and Bristol City to join Leeds in the chance for promotion! At the bottom, I'm pleased to report that Wigan managed the great escape and no chairman clubs were relegated this season!

View attachment 20116

Bristol City's Famara Diedhiou finished as the top goalscorer in the division, closely followed by Stoke's Pietro Pellegri! Middlesbrough's on loan Malcom recorded the highest average rating and won the most man of the match awards, whilst Brentford's David Bentley picked up the most clean sheets!

View attachment 20114

It was chairman vs chairman in the playoffs as Leeds overcame Derby to progress to the final where they played Reading!

View attachment 20113

And Leeds made up for missing out on 2nd place by winning the Playoff Final and will join Middlesbrough and Stoke in the Premier League next season!

View attachment 20112

Leeds Guus Hiddink takes the Manager of the Year award, Middlesbrough's Malcom takes Player of the Year, Stoke's Pietro Pellegri is the Young Player of the Year!

View attachment 20115

View attachment 20111

View attachment 20110

The team of year is represented by players from Middlesbrough, Stoke and Bristol City!

View attachment 20109

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

QPR win the league and are immediately promoted back to the Championship! It was pretty comfortable for Rangers in the end, winning the division by a clear 9 points!

View attachment 20108

QPR's Marc Cardona scored the highest average rating in the division, whilst Freddie Woodman recorded the most clean sheets!

View attachment 20106

QPR's Luke Freeman takes the Player of the Year awards, whilst no less than 6 Rangers players are named in the team of the year!

View attachment 20107

View attachment 20105

MANAGER MOVEMENTS

Blackburn - Tim Sherwood left club to join Crystal Palace - Replaced with Mark Hughes
Leeds - Guus Hiddink - Retired - No new manager yet
Sunderland - John Toshak - Retired - No new manager yet
Middlesbrough - Arsene Wenger - Left club to join Everton - Replaced with Steve McClaren
Bristol City - Steve McCLaren - Left club to join Middlesbrough - No new manager yet
Norwich - Ricky Sbragia - Sacked - Replaced with David Moyes

Chairmen with sacked manager, please let me know what you'd like me to do...

1) I can either reinstate your manager again for free (even if this manager has gone to another club, you will have 1st choice to keep him, even if he has gone to another chairman club)
2) You can replace them with someone else (you'll only have to pay compensation to your new manager's club if they have one, unless it's a chairman club in which case you can have them back for free).
3) Keep the manager who has taken over your club on the game for which there will be no fee as the game will have already worked out and taken any compensation from your balance (unless it's another chairman's manager and they want them back, in which case you'll have to revert to option 1 or 2 above).

If your manager was not sacked and left the club (Middlesbrough, Bristol City), then you cannot re-appoint him for free! You can either stick with the manager who has taken over, or you can appoint a new one of your own but if they have a club then you'll have to pay compensation!

If your manager retired (Leeds, Sunderland), then you'll need to appoint a new one. If you take a manager from another club, you will have to pay compensation.

Game Save File Download; Chairman Save - 10th June

This download will take you up to 10th June and the transfer window is officially open! This is the file you can use for looking at your squad's season stats for your end of season posts! However, I am going to set all your manager's transfer budgets to £0 so hopefully they don't spend any of your money and then sim the game to 1st July....then I will add your EXP deals from the January window and post up a new save file to download with your budgets for the transfer window! Hopefully by this time you will have received any prize or parachute money which should then be available for you to spend!

Evening, I'm am keen to join in if possible.

Not sure when I can or who would be available.

Evening, I'm am keen to join in if possible.

Not sure when I can or who would be available.

Available clubs...

Bolton, Hull, Luton, Millwall, Preston, Reading, Sheffield United

I don't allow you to take over clubs that have been relegated from the Prem :-)

Updated Player List

Updated Player List
fmdan18 - Derby is booted with no messages, transfers or posts throughout the whole of last season...feel free to raid Derby's players guys!

Welcome to Benncfc24 who takes over at Preston!

Aston Villa - Yeti01
Birmingham - bcfc1
Blackburn - WeArePalace
Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne
Bristol City - Kodjia Master
Leeds - IndiBlue
Middlesbrough - RVP20
Norwich - LiamCFC88
Nottingham Forest - NathWalker
Preston - Benncfc24
QPR - dporter8999
Sheffield Wednesday - Anderson883
Stoke - stonecold
Swansea - mathhow
Sunderland - andy_14clark
West Brom - savan21
Wigan - Dquizzy

Last edited:
Transfer Window Open

TRANSFER WINDOW OPEN

The game has now been simmed to 1st July and your EXP deals from January have now been added to your squads!

As we have missed 3 weeks of the transfer window already, I will allow you to take preference on loan deals. So if a player has already joined another club on loan in this window, you can take them off them instead! This does not include players who may have already moved to other chairman clubs...you have to leave them alone and play nice!

Here's your budgets guys...

Aston Villa - Yeti01 - £62.8 million
Birmingham - bcfc1 - £2.1 million
Blackburn - WeArePalace - £102.8 million
Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne - £13.6 million
Bristol City - Kodjia Master - £12.4 million
Leeds - IndiBlue - £14.1 million
Middlesbrough - RVP20 - £12.9 million
Norwich - LiamCFC88 - £3.1 million
Nottingham Forest - NathWalker - (-£3.9 million)
Preston - Benncfc24 - £12.6 million
QPR - dporter8999 - £9 million
Sheffield Wednesday - Anderson883 - £8 million
Stoke - stonecold - £9.4 million
Sunderland - andy_14clark - £13.4 million
Swansea - mathhow - £17 million
West Brom - savan21 - £39.5 million
Wigan - Dquizzy - (-£1.1 million)

Transfer window open until Sunday at 11:00am!Feel free to post your end of season press releases/news articles guys and send me your transfer business. Remember, every chairman is limited to the following transfers throughout a whole season...

C2C - Unlimited
DOM x3
FGN x2
U18 x3
FREE x2 (Summer window...you may offer for 2 more players who's contracts have expired and have not yet found another club. Send me salary offers as per EXP deals)
EXP x3 (January window)

Game Save File; Chairman Save - 1st July

Last edited:
Clearly, even if you can't stay in the Prem, just getting there for a season is very lucrative! Just look at Blackburn's whopping balance of over £100 million! Someone's gonna have fun this window!!!

Well I certainly have a lot of thinking to do! Amazing budget, if only I had something like this for the Premier League.

WIGAN PRESS RELEASE

View attachment 20099
The Great Escape

It was a close shave for Wigan Athletic as they only just managed to stay in The Championship with manager Tata Martino doing the job he was brought in to do. Chairman Lee Frost had this to say...

"We're delighted with the work Tata has done. He came in with one target and that was to keep us in The Championship. He's done that and now we have to look to next season and try and work out how to not be in a similar position this time next year. We'll take a short amount of time to confirm the plans and let the fans know exactly how we plan on achieving our goals."

Well I certainly have a lot of thinking to do! Amazing budget, if only I had something like this for the Premier League.

Exactly! I am with you mate. Wish I had this figure twelve months ago!!! Ah well, still got a decent squad.

We're up!!!!
I'm sure we'd be bankrupt if we failed two seasons in a row

To Sell or Trade
DC B Indi £6m
MC I Hayden £5m
MC S Clucas £3m
DC H Souttar Free
AM D Adeniran Free

Sunderland End of Season Review

SUNDERLAND END OF SEASON REVIEW

View attachment 20094
Well firstly the incomings. We made minimal adjustments to the team bringing in Maupay and McEachran for a combined £3m from Brentford. For player with the quality of Maupay, it was hard to turn down. Lastly Toshack made his first signing since I have been in charge bring in Tiba who is a central midfielder which is an area we needed help in.

View attachment 20093
Now for the transfer out. We managed to make at least one sale moving Maguire to Barnsley for £475k as he was surplus to requirements. The others moves were just loans out which is what I didn't really want for Baldwin but what can you do in the market. Rodriguez goes out on loan to help gain experience.

View attachment 20092

Well in my opinion it has been a pretty successful season back in the championship although slightly disappointed to have just missed the playoffs by two points. Those 3 defeats at the beginning on April look to have cost us a playoff spot with the potential of getting promoted. We tried to make fight of it winning 3 of the last 4 against some top sides but just came up short. I was very impressed with the new signings that were brought in, especially Maupay and Salcedo.

BEGINNING OF 2020/21 SEASON

Well firstly the sad news. John decided it was time to finally call it a day at the age of 71 leaving us with the job of finding a new manager to replace him. I have one person in mind so far but we wish John the best of luck as he has earned the break after a long career.

Now to the transfers:
View attachment 20091
We made some big in roads with our transfers in. Firstly John brought in 17 year old Gregg Stirling on a free from Ross County. This player looks to have a lot of potential and expect him to appear more for the U23's or out on loan than challenge for a place this year. Then come the biggest two signings in the history of the club. Firstly we managed to persuade Blaise Matuidi to join us for the next year for £35,000 per week. Secondly we agreed a deal to bring Luca Modric to the club for £25,000. I think these are an amazing transfers and hoping they can provide the major experience we need to push further on a make a charge for the playoffs at least this year.

View attachment 20090
Now for the transfers out. Deals were already in place for Charlie Wyke and Tyias Browning to move to Bolton for a combined £3.2m as they were surplus to requirements. Zach Clough was shipped out to Hibernian. I like the kid however I think he just couldn't get ahead of the players that were in front of him. Lastly, young 19 year old Newman moved to St Johnstone on a free.

Now the major news before the window starts. Upon review of the finances, it looks as though we may need to make some moves as we a projected to fail the FFP this year. I plan to bring in a few players still this window but will be looking to shift some hopefully as well as sell one of my FGN bids if anyone is interested in it.

TRANSFER LIST:
Jan Mlakar - £6m
Lynden Gooch - £5.5m
George Honeyman - £5m
Max Power - £2.5m (Valued at £3.6m)
Dylan McGeouch - £2m (Valued at £3.5m)
Lamine Kone - £2m (Valued at £2.9m)
Jack Baldwin, Grant Hall, Lee Cattermole and Adam Matthew - ALL FREE

All players are available for the right price, Just let me know if you are interest in anyone.

View attachment 20084

Exactly! I am with you mate. Wish I had this figure twelve months ago!!! Ah well, still got a decent squad.
Yeah haha. Good luck for the season! I think you have a good chance. Us I'm not so sure about but with 100m

Gianfranco Zola Leaves Sheffield Wednesday For Sunderland

View attachment 20075

In a shocking turn of event, Gianfranco Zola has decided to call his time at Sheffield Wednesday short, this time announcing that he is going to be joining Sunderland FC. Commenting for the first time, Samlueno Bastos said 'It's a shame really, but lets be honest, things did not work out as they were supposed to were they.' He continued 'I have nothing but admiration for Gianfranco, and i wish him every success in the future, we thank him for his efforts'
On a new head coach he commented 'Last season we stayed up with the skin of our teeth, we will be looking to appoint someone that will ensure we are safely into mid table, and possibly pushing forwards.' He continued 'But its a touch job in this division, some of the budgets teams have are outrageous' He continued then to hit out of the CGA (chairman game association) 'there needs to be a more even playing field, but thats just my opinion, we will just go about our buisiness again'

Zola during his time notched up 5 wins from 20 games, with sheffield wednesday securing safety on the last day of the season
View attachment 20074

More to come with a new appointment hopefully

Wow, compared to the other 2 sides, I have a ****** budget????????????

Wow, compared to the other 2 sides, I have a ****** budget������������

At a guess, I think it is part parachute payment and part we couldn’t spend any money last year meaning that our wage bill was likely (and likely still is) significantly less - I would have to jump in and check each team though.

Back