Chairman Game - The Championship

The Overthreatened Stoke Review

Summer
The handcuffs were on and we were restricted to a meager £8m in spending money even after selling Bojan & Hudson Odoi.

My no 1 aim was to bring in a manager that would hands down win us the league. I had a few in mind but the moment i seen Mauricio Pochettino was free i abandoned all plans, got the admin to burn any contract offers that may have seen the fax machine and go get our man locked down. We MUST keep him to even try and mount a title challenge.

Transfers
View attachment 20328
I love the way Mauricio works. Did about 90% of what i would have done by stripping back the squad, clearing our deluge or trash we had in the first team. He made a few dodgy signings but nothing catastrophic that left us with a shedload of money to work with in January

Squad
View attachment 20330
Both me and my manager can take credit for a inspired bargain signing with Poch finding Maxime Colin to play RB while i brought in Benedetti they combine for just over £4m but both have been well over 7 for average rating. . Butland & Pellegrini have been inspired but i wish he would play Josh Tymon's some more!

Table
View attachment 20329
What are they feeding them up on Teesside? Even if we win our game in hand we need to overturn a 10 point lead. Clearly our bigger worry is the teams 9 teams withing 10 points of us just waiting to take the last playoff spot.

January plans?
One final shot at selling some players. We have major plans for our bulging budget. Not revolutionary and maybe not efficiently but were getting a few players i'm really taken by.

AT Julien Ngoy £6m
MC Ryan Woods £5m
DC Lucas Mendes £4m
AT B Afobe £4m
MC Issac Hayden £4m
DC Zimmerman £3m
MC S Clucas £1m
DL Stephen Ward £1m
AM S Nasri £1m
GK A Federici £1m
DC V Forren Free
MC G Cameron Free

QPR

After a disappointing first season which ended in relegation, things are looking up for Queens Park Rangers, as they currently sit top of the table in League One. Another youthful intake of players has added quality to the squad with minimal money spent. The board are especially happy with the performances of Ajibola Alese & Marc Cardona, though the main man has to be former Real Madrid B midfielder Aleix Febas. The only question now will be whether the club is able to hold onto the young talent, or whether they will look to adopt a buy cheap and sell for more policy.

In terms of transfers, all players are available for the right fee, though will take a big offer for the likes of Febas & Cardona. There is not expected to be many inbounds, if any, as the club look to gain promotion with the current squad.

Hey guys is it too late to join the game?

That should be fine. The following teams are still available I think: Hull, Ipswich, Millwall, Preston, Reading and Sheffield United.

You will need to download the last save file (See the January update done by NotSoSpecialOne) to check your finance, positions, players available etc.

With you being new and those teams not making transfers, you will still have your full allocation of transfers allowed. You will have to be quick though as I think the transfer deadline for January is around 7pm tonight so you will need to make your update on here on the first half of the season and all your transfers done asap. You will need to private message NotSoSpecialOne your transfers.

Any queries, just give me a shout.

That should be fine. The following teams are still available I think: Hull, Ipswich, Millwall, Preston, Reading and Sheffield United.

You will need to download the last save file (See the January update done by NotSoSpecialOne) to check your finance, positions, players available etc.

With you being new and those teams not making transfers, you will still have your full allocation of transfers allowed. You will have to be quick though as I think the transfer deadline for January is around 7pm tonight so you will need to make your update on here on the first half of the season and all your transfers done asap. You will need to private message NotSoSpecialOne your transfers.

Any queries, just give me a shout.

I guess I'll take Sheffield United and I definitely won't be able to meet the deadline hopefully I can apply for an extension of some kind
Also can I get a link to the latest save.

I guess I'll take Sheffield United and I definitely won't be able to meet the deadline hopefully I can apply for an extension of some kind
Also can I get a link to the latest save.

Id say if you get the team then just wait till the Summer Window would only be a few days away as updates are quite quick and most of us have done our updates and transfers!

Hi mate. Unfortunately I'm not allowing mid season additions but feel free to keep an eye on the thread and message me at the end of this season and you can join

ONLY 30 MINUTES OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW REMAINING!!!

Once I've done all the updates, I will then sim until end of February or March (depending on time) tonight!

Then I will sim and post end of season update tomorrow afternoon/evening!

January Transfer Window

January Transfer Window

Aston Villa - Yeti01

Manager In - Gareth Southgate
FGN - Brenner - SPO - £3.8 million
EXP - Guillermo Varela - Penarol - £15k per week

Birmingham - bcfc1

Sold 1x DOM and 2x U18 slots to Stoke (stonecold) for £5 million
Manager In - Ernesto Valverde
Contract Renewals - David Davis, Harlee Dean, Odin Bailey, Kai Knight, Cheick Keita

Blackburn - WeArePalace

No business!

Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne

Sold 2x FGN slots to Stoke (stonecold) for £5 million
C2C - Benik Afobe - Stoke - £2.5 million
EXP - Radamel Falcao - Monaco - £25k per week
EXP - Jordy Clasie - AZ - £18k per week
EXP - Rob Holding - Arsenal - £12.5k per week

Sold Players;

C2C - Neal Maupay - Sold to Sunderland for £3 million
C2C - Josh McEachran - Sold to Sunderland on a free transfer

Derby - fmdan18

No business!

No posts or messages from chairman...Inactivity warning issued! If nothing by end of the season, player will be booted!

Leeds - IndiBlue

U18 - Fabian Hirsch - RB Salzburg - £750k
FGN LOAN - Mattia Perin - Juventus
DOM LOAN - Harry Winks - Spurs
EXP - Fabian Delph - Man City - £50k per week
EXP - Patrick Roberts - Wolves - £25k per week
EXP - Emiliano Martinez - Arsenal - £15k per week

Middlesbrough - RVP20

DOM LOAN - Ross Barkley - Chelsea
EXP - Olivier Giroud - Chelsea - £28k per week
EXP - Kaylor Navas - Real Madrid - £20k per week
EXP - Juan Jesus - Roma - £35k per week

Norwich - LiamCFC88

FGN - Ryan Christie - Celtic - £3.1 million
DOM - Oliver Skipp - Spurs - £250k
U18 - Rudolfo Nunez - Defensor Sporting - £77k
FGN LOAN - Marc Roca - Espanyol
DOM LOAN - Mason Mount - Chelsea
EXP - Domink Prokop - Austria Vienna - £15k per week

Nottingham Forest - NathWalker

Manager Out - Steve Bruce
Manager In - Julen Lopetegui
FGN - Miguel Baeza - Real Madrid - £550k
U18 - Renzo Castro - Penarol - £104k
U18 - Arnaldo Ventora - Braga - £14k
U18 - Andy Cowie - Ross County - £13.5k
DOM LOAN - Alex Iwobi - Arsenal
Contract Renewals - Jack Robinson, Willem Guebbels

QPR - dporter8999

EXP - Manu Garcia - Man City - £5k per week
EXP - Josh Cullen - West Ham - £5k per week
EXP - Luke Garbett - Everton - £5k per week
Contract Renewals - Freddie Woodman, Luke Freeman, Josh Scowen

Stoke - stonecold

Bought 1xDOM and 2xU18 transfer slots from Birmingham (bcfc1) for £5 million
Bought 2xFGN transfer slots from Brentford (TheNotSoSpecialOne) for £5 million
FGN - Gonazalo Montiel - River - £13.5 million
FGN - Exequiel Palacios - River - £13.5 million
U18 - Claudio Gomez - Lanuis - £650k
U18 - Antonio Martinez - Chivas - £220k
DOM - Martin Dickinson - Aldershot - £12k
DOM LOAN - Danny Drinkwater - Wolves
FGN LOAN - Jesus Vallejo - Real Madrid
EXP - Nemanja Matic - Man Utd - £77k per week
EXP - Hulk - Shanggang - £77k per week
EXP - Rafinha - Barcelona - £115k per week

Sold Players;

C2C - Benik Afobe to Brentford for £2.5 million

Swansea - mathhow

No business!

Sunderland - andy_14clark

C2C - Neal Maupay - Brentford - £3 million
C2C - Josh McEachran - Brentford - Free Transfer
EXP - Blaise Matuidi - Juventus - £35k per week
EXP - Luka Modric - Real Madrid - £25k per week
Contract Renewals - Dan Neil, Benjamin Kimpioka

West Brom - savan21

Manager Out - Lee Johnson - £515k compensation
Manager In - Jorge Jesus

Wigan - Dquizzy

Manager In - Tata Martino

Last edited:
Some great business done by everyone on the free transfers!

Also what a window by Stonecold and stoke! I had some of the players on my shortlist but alas can't have them now! Middlesborough should be looking at their tail nervously now!

January February March Update

JANUARY/FEBRUARY/MARCH UPDATE

Transfer Window Update

As our managers work some of their own magic in the Premier League, West Brom sold Rondon to Dinamo for £6 million, whilst Aston Villa sold Neil Taylor to Rapid Vienna for £1.1 million.

View attachment 20252

In the Championship, our managers did very little business! The main movers were Derby selling Jayden Bogle to Newcastle for £8 million, Brentford selling Ollie Watkins to Huddersfield for £4.3 million, Stoke selling Julien Ngoy to Wolves for £6.25 million and Norwich selling Ben Godfrey to Fulham for over £8 million!

View attachment 20251

In League One, QPR raked in more than £3 million for Jake Bidwell who moved to Fulham.

View attachment 20250

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

West Brom continue their slide down the league table and now sit 14th with 6 games to go and are now only 6 points clear of the relegation zone. It'll probably be enough to keep them up though! The same can't be said for Aston Villa and Blackburn though who occupy the final two spots in the league and will need minor miracles to get themselves out of the bottom 3!

View attachment 20249

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Middlesbrough look nailed on to win the league with a 16 point lead at the top! With 7 games remaining, Leeds and Stoke are still in contention for the runner up spot! Brentford continue to climb the table and now find themselves in the final playoff spot, although Derby, Bristol City, Sunderland and Norwich are all still within touching distance of the top 6! At the bottom end, Wigan are fighting hard to stay up and are now only 1 point from safety! Sheffield Wednesday are not yet safe of the relegation battle, but everyone else should be OK!

View attachment 20248

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

With only 6 games remaining, QPR still lead the way in the 3rd tier although it's not done and dusted yet as Luton and Bolton look to push them all the way!

View attachment 20247

ENGLISH FA CUP

A poor showing all round in the main cup competition, as only West Brom made it to the 5th round, where they were knocked out by Manchester United!

View attachment 20246

CHECKATRADE TROPHY

QPR only made it as far as the 3rd round of the Southern Section where they were knocked out by eventual winners, Southend.

View attachment 20245

Download File; Chairman Save

Can't wait for the end of season post! So excited! I am not too sure of our survival chances :/ I hope we regroup and do survive though! Till I remember we have a very tough run in! So much for getting an attacking manager.

Yep! Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool in the run in! We have only won 3 matches since January with 2 of them coming in the cup!

I might have to draft an apology to Lee Johnson and the fans for my mid-season gamble! Although I thought if we had pushed on with a tactically astute manager, we might have been near Euro Places.

Last edited:
qTnQEStYXpf9AQ9TRqZb+gAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Forest Mid-Season Review!

Leonid Slutskiy has left the club on mutual consent after seeing the club under performing in the league thus far. Ex Spain and Real Madrid manager, Julen Lopetegui has taken control of the side. "We hope that Julens experience will lead us to a higher finish, he is a great manager, he plays some attractive football and should get the best out of this side"

The last 3 months have been an improvement from before, we are still far from where we want to be, thats going to be a gradual improvement as we get players in and when those we have already got improve with the game time. Most of our signings so far have been setting us up for the future and we continued that this window. We are already seeing the best of some of the players we signed last year, Oliver has become a key player out on the wing for us, if he continues to improve he could be one of the best in the league.

With that lets announce this windows business:

Miguel Baeza [FONT=&quot]comes in from Real Madrid for £550k he will join straight up with the first team and will become back up this year and hopefully will improve into the player it is obvious he could become. If he reaches his potential he will be a key player for us in the years to come.[/FONT]
Alex Iwobi [FONT=&quot]comes in on loan from Arsenal, it was an obvious signing for us, he is a great player who needed game time to continue to improve and we needed some quality on the left flank. As soon as he became available I made it happen.[/FONT]

Andy Cowie , Renzo Castro [FONT=&quot]and [/FONT]Arnaldo Ventora [FONT=&quot]join the club for a combined £130k, they will all join the youth squad where they will get game time. Cowie is likely to join the first team on the odd occasion as a rotation option.[/FONT]

The best business however is the renewal of
Willem Guebbels [FONT=&quot]and [/FONT]Jack Robinsons [FONT=&quot]contracts for an extra 2 years. Guebbels will become one of the very best strikers in the league when given his chance. Hopefully Julen is the man to get the best out of him.[/FONT]​

Last edited:
Methinks it might be time to start preparing for life back in the Championship for Villa :(

Boro's away form has been amazing. Worthy champs on that alone! Really nervous we miss out on automatic promotion. With this squad there can be no excuse!

Come on then lads....who's going up with Middlesbrough from the Championship tonight?

View attachment 20188

1 January 2020

The Prodigal Son returns

Its early June, the year 2000. Villa have just played in the FA Cup final against Chelsea, losing in agonising fashion to a Roberto Di Matteo goal scored following an error from David James. That said, things are looking good at Villa – Aston Villa had finished the year in 6th​ spot in the Premiership, earning themselves a spot in the Intertoto Cup after having finished in 6th​ the year before and 7th​ in season 97/98.

Then, right on the eve of Euro 2000, a fax machine burrs to life deep in the depths of Villa Park. As the sheet of paper begins to unfurl and the ink ribbon screeches across the page, a message is relayed that will, history will show, change the course of an entire club.

Gareth Southgate is 29 years old. He has just spend the past five seasons with Villa having joined in a 3 million pound move from Crystal Palace in July 1995. Club captain now, Southgate, citing a lack of ambition at the club, has just requested a transfer. A request that was rejected in the end, but saw Southgate ultimately move to Middlesbrough a year later. At the time Villa were one of the most feared sides in the Premiership under the stewardship of John Gregory, but following Southgate's departure and once Gregory handed in his resignation in 2002 the club struggled to ever reach those same heights.

View attachment 20187

At the time of his departure the overriding sentiment from the fans was one of bemusement. When leaving as a result of the lack of ambition Southgate felt from then Chairman Doug Ellis it was initially expected that Southgate would join one of the premier clubs in England as Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United were all, at times, linked with the defender. In the end though, Southgate would join Middlesbrough, a team viewed by many as not being any greater at all in stature compared to Aston Villa, but who were displaying the ambition craved by Southgate via an expensive recruitment drive.

Over time, that perception of Southgate around Villa Park changed. In a survey conducted by Birmingham Live in July 2018 during the performances of England at the World Cup in Russia, the sense was that the circumstances surrounding Southgate’s departure could now be considered ‘water under the bridge’. And, given Southgate’s recent departure as England Manager, it makes sense that current Villa Chairman, Devine Starlight Bliss, would turn to Southgate, a man who knows Villa inside and out, in an effort to revive the flagging club's fortunes.

View attachment 20186

Whether or not Southgate can bring back to the glory days to Villa isn’t clear. What is for sure is that Southgate has an immense task ahead of him, starting with simply attempting to achieve survival this season. It is expected though, with the kind of appointment such as this that resonates with the fanbase, that Southgate will be given time to turn things around even if Villa are relegated this season.

Last edited: