Chairman Game - The Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter FM_TNSSO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 698
  • Views Views 44K
At a guess, I think it is part parachute payment and part we couldn’t spend any money last year meaning that our wage bill was likely (and likely still is) significantly less - I would have to jump in and check each team though.

I did have a quick glance through the finances and it seems botht the relegated sides have been given an additional 41 million!

Plus Blackburn's wage expenditure is really low while mine was high due to the players on loan I am guessing as De Jong was on particularly high wages.

Get in!!! Leeds are back in the premier league. I have been really busy last couple of days, but will try to an end of season update sometime soon.

Lads...please can we all send me transfers in the correct format as per the rules at the start of the thread. The editing and updating of the game after transfer windows is one of the most time consuming parts for me and if I have to manually go through working out what salaries should be and what club's people are coming from then it increases the time it takes me significantly. Sorry to have a moan and most of you are ok in what you're doing but here's an example of what I need for EVERY transfer....

Transfer type - player - current club - new club - new salary - transfer free

FGN - Lionel Messi - Barcelona - Man City - £250k - £120 million

Sheffield Wednesday Appoint Eusebio Di Francesco

View attachment 20060
(Di Francesco get unveiled to wednesday fans)

After the shock exit by Gianfranco Zola, Bastos has made a swift appointment, and its one that shows ambition for Wednesday fans, step forward Eusebio Di Francesco!

Bastos commented 'I am happy we have got our man, he is exactly what we are looking for' he continued 'He took a bit of convincing, but now we have our man we can begin to build a team around him, we would like a young, exciting team'

On his style of play and what fans should expect 'He is very disciplined in his approach, he plays practical football and enjoys watching teams be effective.'

View attachment 20059
(Francesco took charge of Wednesdays first friendly against Grimsby town on saturday)

View attachment 20056

ASTON VILLA SEASON SUMMARY

Well it turned out to be somewhat of a season to forget as Villa propped up the Premiership table... Now the challenge comes for Southgate and Bliss to get the club back to the promised land and keep it there!! As a result they are starting a youth movement. That means that the following players are for sale.

TRANSFER LIST

Serdar Tasci - FREE!!!
Dmitri Oberlin - FREE!!!
Martin Olsson - FREE!!!
Tommy Elphick - FREE!!!
Henri Lansbury - FREE!!!
Scott Hogan - you guessed it... FREE!!!!

PM me if you want cheap talent. If someone isn't listed above though - they have been earmarked as one to hold onto so it would take a serious, serious offer to offload them.

Available clubs...

Bolton, Hull, Luton, Millwall, Preston, Reading, Sheffield United

I don't allow you to take over clubs that have been relegated from the Prem :-)

Hey bud.

I've been reading a bit of this and i'm keen to give it a go. If that's alright can i take Millwall please?

I've got the next 5 days off work so i'll be able to get more of an understanding over the next few days.

Hey bud.

I've been reading a bit of this and i'm keen to give it a go. If that's alright can i take Millwall please?

I've got the next 5 days off work so i'll be able to get more of an understanding over the next few days.

You're in mate! I will let you know your budget when I get home

Some great business being done already this window lads....look out for some big transfers with the huge budgets floating about!

QPR - LETS START AGAIN

After a wonderful season with an expected rebound back into the Championship, it is go time once again for the side as they look to consolidate themselves within the division.

A number of signings made at the beginning of the season contributed to good squad depth, and allowed the club to rotate to keep players refreshed. With a season in English football under their belt, it is expected that the foreign signings will have am even greater impact this season, even with the step up.

With this in mind the board are aiming to keep the side as close to the same as possible, though a decent bid could be accepted for the right player. As always, the incoming transfer targets will be kept close to the chest.

New Sunderland Manager

View attachment 20054

LUIS VICENTE MATEO NAMED NEW SUNDERLAND MANAGER

Sunderland today announced Luis Vicente Mateo as their new manager. There was plenty of speculation around the managers job with the retirement of John Toshack after help Sunderland to achieve 9th in the Championship last season. Everyone expect Gianfranco Zola to be appointed but after extensive research and lengthy interview processes, Sunderland decided to hire Luis, who was the Head of Youth Development at Valencia. A compensation package of around £350k has been agreed with Luis having around 1 year to go on his current contract.

"We took a long time to search and hire the best person possible we believe to be out there. Although he has no experience as a manager, we believe the attributes he brings to the job would be perfect and we hope he helps move us on to that next level." Neeson said.

"With regards to transfers, we are looking to shift a couple of players but no talks have been had. We have around 3 or 4 players we are looking to bring into the club and hopefully we can acquire these players to help make that push."

I HAVE 1 FGN AND 2 U18 SPOTS UP FOR SALE IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN THESE PLEASE GET IN TOUCH. i CAN EITHER OFFER THESE FOR A FEE OR INCLUDE THEM IN A PURCHASE OF A PLAYER.

Just an idea. Could we offer players in P/X in our offers? However, whoever we offer as P/X, there value is halved as part of the deal so anyone we offer e.g worth £3m in game only contribute as £1.5m in the deal? This way we can move players around that no-one seems to bother going for whether it be through C2C or in game.

Just an idea. Could we offer players in P/X in our offers? However, whoever we offer as P/X, there value is halved as part of the deal so anyone we offer e.g worth £3m in game only contribute as £1.5m in the deal? This way we can move players around that no-one seems to bother going for whether it be through C2C or in game.

Unfortunately not mate....this would add a **** of a lot more time onto my editing for transfer windows! Also, we have to have some challenge to work within our budgets and being able to just offload players with such ease would make it much less of a challenge

I missed the update yesterday and now need to catch up on everything. I am hoping to have an end of season update up tonight with a transfer list as well.

Brentford Update

hiMt0H2j_400x400.jpg

BIG NAMES ARRIVE AT BRENTFORD AFTER DECENT SEASON

Brentford chairman, TheNotSoSpecialOne, has today given a press conference to give his views on last season. "We are very happy with what Neil Lennon came in and achieved last year. We spent less money than quite a few clubs last year as we look to keep tabs on our wage budget and keep stability within our finances, and still managed an 8th place finish only narrowly missing out on the playoffs. It was slightly disappointing not to finish in the playoffs as we were 6th going into the final 7 games, but I refuse to take anything away from Neil and the lads on a fantastic achievement improving considerably on the 15th place finish the season before. If we can continue this level of improvement, there's no reason for us to think we can't push for the top 6 this season. We are under no illusions that the automatic promotion places will be tough ask with the likes of Aston Villa and Blackburn having an abundance of cash at their disposal, but we will look to be shrewd in the transfer market and improve our squad where required without breaking the bank".

Brentford have already proved they can attract top players to the club this Summer, with Rob Holding joining from Arsenal following a successful loan spell at the club last season, whilst Jordy Clasie comes in to bolster the midfield and it's reported that Lennon is already looking to build his 3 man midfield around the Dutchman this season! However, the biggest coup of them all was the signing of world class striker, Radamel Falcao, and Brentford fans are chomping at the bit to see their new man in action!

Falcao.jpg

Lennon said "we struggled for goals last year and really missed a 20+ goal a season man, but Falcao has the ability to set these division alight this season and should be a handful for any side in this league. With a match winner like that in our squad, he can win us games single handedly and those extra points could be the difference in breaking into the top 6".

There are a few players up for grabs in the transfer market with a couple of real bargains available...

Emiliano Maretinez - M/AMC/ST - £400k (worth £1.6 million)
Said Benrahma - M/AMR/ST - £2.2 million (worth £5.5 million)
Lewis Macleod - DM/M/AMC - £1 million (worth £2.7 million)
Ashley Richards - DLR - Free Transfer
Josh Dasilva - D/MC - Free Transfer
Luke Daniels - GK - Free Transfer

End of Season Review

A real weird season where our form at home and away couldn’t be further from each other. Our home form would have seen us sneak into the play-offs in 6th​ place while our away form would have seen us get relegated with Charlton and Fleetwood. In the end we finished a disappointing 16th​ with one of the worst goal differences in the league. I wish I could put a lot of the blame in the hands of our previous manager Garry Monk but the results didn’t significantly improve under Ernesto Valverde also. I am happy to give Valverde another season to change things around but I am hoping to see a big improvement compared to last season.

Transfers

The squad is slightly unbalanced as we currently have 7 wingers in the first team squad but only 4 CM’s with a manager that plays a 3 man midfield. We definitely be looking to bring in some CM’s over the summer but we will probably need to move some people out as well.

CB David Luiz - £5mil
CB Matthew Pennington - £3.5mil
CB Harlee Dean - £5mil
DM/CM Marcos Llorente - £10mil
LM/LW Jacques Maghoma - £2mil
RM/RW Jota - £5mil
RW/ST Isaac Vassell - £1mil
RW/ST Che Adams - £5mil
ST Lukas Jutkiewicz - £2mil

All fees are negotiable or reduced if you offer a player in exchange. All other players in the squad are available for the right price but will cost more.

9k=

Forest End of Season Review.

Things started to pick up at the end of last season at the City Ground. Stan Collymore is looking to improve on that this year.

"We have a wealth of targets in mind but unfortunately the clubs balance is in the red so we cannot make these transfers. We are willing to listen to offers for all of our players, everyone has a price. With a few sales and a few incomings I believe we can improve again. We have a great manager who can get the players playing attractive attacking football."

ALL PLAYERS WILL BE SOLD FOR THE CORRECT PRICE. MESSAGE ME WITH OFFERS. PLAYER EXCHANGES ACCEPTED.
I WILL ALSO BE WILLING TO SELL SOME OF MY TRANSFER SLOTS IF PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED

Press Release

Changes at Preston

"Young and passionate chairman Ben Edwards has taken his first step into football by taking the chairman job at Preston North End. He as promised big changes at the club and aiming to reach the premier league"

we've had two solid but not spectacular seasons in the championship, now is the time to push on and challenge towards the top of the table. I am aiming for us to reach the playoffs in my first season as chairman. Any player will be sold for the right price but the following players are on the transfer list

Tommy Spurr - 100k
Yanic Wildschut - 2m
Marc Beevers - 1m
Alexandru Matel - 1m

Big summer come up for us, going to look to make a few big splashes in the transfer market to help us reach the aim for the season.

Stoke back in the top flight

By god am i relieved to get back to the Premiership. Seeing as we have £9m in the bank its safe to say we would have been in massive trouble had we missed out again. On that note if we go down again we will be in huge trouble. The board sanctioned a few £100k+ contracts as well as the expensive free agents coming in will push the wage budget to the limit.

View attachment 19971

With that we must survive but with £9m there is little we can do to improve the squad. Thankfully it should be on par with the clubs 10th-15th (Preview ranks us 12th) where i hope we can finish!

Squad
View attachment 19970
Pellegri came of age and was our player of the year. Drinkwater & Vallejo push us clear into second after arriving in January. If they had been here all year could we have pushed Boro? Doubt it. Was stunned to see wing backs Colin & Ward make such a impact. Tymon might finally break through next season. My two Argentine signings did NOT live up to there £32m price tag. Palacios scored a 6,76 in the championship & Montiel damaged his cruciate ligaments on his debut. Next year can only be better!

To Sell or Trade
AT M Kean £40m
DC Lucas Menders £10m
DC Bruni Martins £6m
MC I Hayden £4m
MC S Clucas £2m
DC H Souttar Free
AM D Adeniran Free

For Loan
MR T Verlinden
AM Pedronho
MC A Riccardi

Would need a superb offer for Kean but moving him would fund 2/3 players the squad really needs to survive!

Still looking to move the following:

TRANSFER LIST:
Jan Mlakar - £6m
Lynden Gooch - £5.5m
George Honeyman - £5m
Max Power - £2.5m (Valued at £3.6m)
Dylan McGeouch - £2m (Valued at £3.5m)
Lamine Kone - £2m (Valued at £2.9m)
Jack Baldwin, Grant Hall, Lee Cattermole and Adam Matthew - ALL FREE
1 x FGN spot
2 x U18 spot

Will to sell or trade depending on the offer.

ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO BACK?

West Brom Albion are in a strange place right now and it is being felt by the board as well. While they celebrate another year in the Premier League, the performances have been disgraceful at best! They lost the 5 matches out of the last 6 and still managed to stay out of the relegation zone and the appointment of Jorge Jesus has been atrocious as well. Appointed after disappointing results under Lee Johnson, Jorge Jesus has not performed any better and looks lost in the Premier League after all he was previously sacked by Leicester while Lee Johnson himself holds a terrible win % of 12 % at his next club Watford.

In this situation, the board is divided about Jorge Jesus and there is no sense of direction in the club. The Chairman missed out on important transfers in the January window owing to the confusion as well and the club supporters are clamouring for heads to fall. Savan Shah has called for peace at the moment and backed Jorge Jesus till January at least but he will have to address the malaise at the club and even rethink his own thought process about where he wants the club to be.

He has announced that all players will be available for sale/exchange at base price or lower except Meret, Dawson, Markovic, Lewis, Tonali, Melegoni, Marin and Hudson-Odoi! He wants the players to play for the club and not just for themselves! He is also working with Jorge Jesus for the summer transfer window and hopes to establish an identity for the club by the end of the season...

If they survive that is.

Lucas Goodwin

Back