Chairman Game - The Championship

Birmingham getting Luiz for £27k per week!! Nice business.

Happy with the deals I achieved. Annoyed at West Brom stealing two of my EXP bids!! That West Brom midfield is going to be brutal with De Jong, Pereira and Bentancur! Plus whatever happens with the managers choices.

When is the next updated expected? And will our players be placed on the transfer list that we posted beforehand?

Great job by the way.

Thank you so much mate! I played the game almost till December to identify and finalise my Transfer targets! Unfortunately, I was smashed by Middlesborough for Dembele otherwise Pereira would have been yours :D

Imagine De Jong, Dembele and Bentacur :D

Some brilliant signings by you as well. Looking good for back to back promotion!

Brilliant start to the season for baggies! Although we haven't faced any top teams except Chelsea till now and dropped some points against Brighton and Aston Villa which is a bit disappointing.

January Update

January 2020 Update

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Manager Movements;

Aston Villa have already sacked Vincenzo Montella and have not yet appointed a new full time manager. Yeti01, please let me know if you'd like to reinstate Montella as manager or hire one of your own!

View attachment 20655

Although West Brom have dropped out of the top 4 (as expected), they are still having a great season and find themselves 10th and a good 11 points clear of the relegation places! Which, unfortunately, is where Blackburn and Aston Villa sit at the moment occupying both the bottom 2 positions! Aston Villa could still survive with a good run, but Blackburn look right up against it with only 1 win to their name this season!

View attachment 20654

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

It would seem that having a top quality manager in charge of your club works absolute wonders as Middlesbrough and Stoke sit 1st and 2nd with Wenger and Poch in charge! Middlesbrough have opened up a healthy lead at the top and even at half way the title looks like theirs to lose! However, there's then only 10 points that separate 2nd to 10th! Leeds, Bristol City and Derby occupy playoff spots at the moment, although Sunderland, Brentford and Norwich aren't out of the race for the top 6 just yet! At the bottom end, only Wigan of the chairman clubs look to be involved in the relegation battle! After last season's exploits, Birmingham and Swansea are having disappointing campaigns!

View attachment 20653

Manager Movements;

Derby - Frank Lampard - Left club to join Fulham
Derby - Juan Carlos Unzue - Joined as new permanent manager
Birmingham - Garry Monk - Sacked
Birmingham - Graeme Murty - Joined as new permanent manager
Swansea - Joe Edwards - Sacked
Swansea - Joey Barton - Joined as new permanent manager
Nottingham Forest - Leonid Slutskiy - Sacked
Nottingham Forest - Steve Bruce - Joined as new permanent manager
Wigan - Dirk Kuyt - Sacked
Wigan - John Coleman - Joined as new permanent manager

View attachment 20652

Chairmen with sacked manager, please let me know what you'd like me to do...

1) I can either reinstate your manager again for free (even if this manager has gone to another club, you will have 1st choice to keep him, even if he has gone to another chairman club)
2) You can replace them with someone else (you'll only have to pay compensation to your new manager's club if they have one, unless it's a chairman club in which case you can have them back for free).
3) Keep the manager who has taken over your club on the game for which there will be no fee as the game will have already worked out and taken any compensation from your balance (unless it's another chairman's manager and they want them back, in which case you'll have to revert to option 1 or 2 above).

If your manager was not sacked and left the club (Derby in this instance), then you cannot re-appoint him for free! You can either stick with the manager who has taken over, or you can appoint a new one of your own but if they have a club then you'll have to pay compensation!

SKY BET LEAGUE ONE

Our chairman club, QPR, are flying the flag in League One and winning the league by a clear 4 points at this stage! They've already opened up a nice 12 point gap back to 7th as well and only a complete disaster from here would see them not make the playoffs at least!

View attachment 20651

ENGLISH FA CUP

With the 3rd round just around the corner, we're all about to enter the competition. However, there is one team that has already played a couple of games...QPR have overcome Maidenhead United and Morecambe to join us all in the 3rd round. And for that, they have been rewarded with an away tie at Manchester United!!

There's a few chairman match ups including Birmingham vs Blackburn, Middlesbrough vs Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday vs Stoke and Wigan vs Brentford!

View attachment 20650

CARABAO CUP

In the Carabao Cup, it was Bristol City and Sunderland who both made it to the Quarter Final where they were knocked out by Premier League opposition.

View attachment 20649

CHECKATRADE TROPHY

QPR could be on course for a double this season, as they find themselves through to the third round of the Checkatrade Trophy Southern Section. They face Southend in the next round!

View attachment 20648

TRANSFER WINDOW IS OPEN!!

So there's your mid season update fellas and you know what that means....the January transfer window is open!! As of this season, we will be doing the EXP deals in the January window. Each chairman has 3x EXP offers to make to players who's contracts expire at the end of the season. That player will then join your club in the Summer for next year...In the interest of courtesy, please leave your fellow chairman club's players alone though guys...let's keep this friendly! So here's your budgets and available transfers for this window...

Aston Villa - Yeti01 - £8.9 million
3x EXP
2x FGN
3x DOM
3x U18
Unlimited C2C

Birmingham - bcfc1 - £180k
3x EXP
2x DOM
1x U18
Unlimited C2C

Blackburn - WeArePalace - £24.9 million
3x EXP
2x DOM
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
Unlimited C2C

Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne - (-£5.5 million)
3x EXP
2x FGN
2x DOM
Unlimited C2C

Derby - fmdan18 - £2.5 million
3x EXP
3x DOM
2x FGN
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN
Unlimited C2C

Leeds - IndiBlue - £9.5 million
3x EXP
2x DOM
2x FGN
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN
Unlimited C2C

Middlesbrough - RVP20 - (-£5 million)
3x EXP
2x DOM
1x U18
1x DOM LOAN
Unlimited C2C

Norwich - LiamCFC88 - £4 million
3x EXP
3x DOM
1x FGN
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN
Unlimited C2C

Nottingham Forest - NathWalker - £1.3 million
3x EXP
3x DOM
2x FGN
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN
Unlimited C2C

QPR - dporter8999 - £200k
3x EXP
2x DOM
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN
Unlimited C2C

Sheffield Wednesday - Anderson883 - (-£4.2 million)
3x EXP
3x DOM
2x FGN
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN
Unlimited C2C

Stoke - stonecold - £48.7 million
3x EXP
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN
Unlimited C2C

Swansea - mathhow - £16.5 million
3x EXP
3x DOM
2x FGN
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
Unlimited C2C

Sunderland - andy_14clark - £13.8 million
3x EXP
3x DOM
Unlimited C2C

West Brom - savan21 - £9.8 million
3x EXP
3x DOM
Unlimited C2C

Wigan - Dquizzy - (-£3.1 million)
3x EXP
1x DOM
2x FGN
3x U18
1x FGN LOAN
1x DOM LOAN
Unlimited C2C

The January transfer window will remain open until Tuesday at 6:00pm! I will then update on Tuesday and sim the game for a couple of months, then the final sim and end of season update will be up on Wednesday night hopefully!

Download File; Chairman Save

Feel free to post your mid season updates over the next couple of days guys!

WIGAN PRESS RELEASE

View attachment 20623
WELCOME TO WIGAN: TATA MARTINO

Wigan Athletic have announced former Barcelona and Argentina Manager Tata Martino as their new permanent manager. Martino takes over the position after a search for a full-time replacement for Dirk Kuyt. Chairman Lee Frost commented on the appointment stating...

"We were all sorry to see Dirk leave and it wasn't an easy decision as we all remember the fantastic second half of last season that saw us go from a similar position to 8th but we felt a change was necessary. Tata is Tata. He is world renowned and has worked with the best and we hope that he can sprinkle a little of his magic on the squad and keep us up. He's up for the challenge and we know that after this season no matter the division we're in it will be hard to keep hold of him. For the next 6 months, however, he's ours and we should enjoy it."

I promise i will do a full update tonight. Wife's going to be watching Dancing on Ice so nothing to distract me!

Stoke transfer list
To Sell or Trade - Updated Sun 2300
GK A Federici £1m
DC V Forren Free
MC G Cameron Free
MC S Clucas £1m
AM S Nasri £1m
AT B Afobe £5m
AT Julien Ngoy £6m

I have £48m in the bank and no FGN or U18 spots so if any chairmen are not using there spots or have a shortage of money i'd be willing to "buy there spot" What i mean is i tell you who to buy then i'll pay for them plus a little bonus for use of the spot.

Great work from Thenotsospecialone for getting this going so fluidly! Most fun i've had in a chairman save that i can remember. Would be nice to see more C2C action though! but i may have something to do with that changing

Last edited:
Can we offer contracts to players we would like to keep? Noticed some good players who could leave on a free (Willem Geubbels of Forest for example is up at end of season)

View attachment 20513

Norwich City

January Update:

After 26 league matches, we sit 12th place with 39pts. That makes us 5pts off of the playoffs and 18pts clear of the relegation zone. It has been a year of stability, with a slight improvement on the year before.

Leading the line this season is Arthur with 10 goals, behind him is Nelson Oliveira with 9 and Teemu Pukki on 4. Outside of our strike force, we are severely lacking goals which has been a major factor in our downfall this season so far. With a few more goals we could be in the upper reaches of the league and we aim to address this in the window.

In terms of the cups, we were knocked out of the Carabao cup following a 2-1 defeat in the 4th round to Southampton following wins against Cheltenham, Scunthorpe and Villa. We have also been drawn against Middlesbrough in the FA Cup 3rd round.

Oprah's Winter Address

"I am satisfied. Nothing more, nothing less. However, if you only seek satisfaction, you seek nothing at all. I seek greatness and greatness we will achieve. That is why i will be significantly investing in Ricky and the squad this transfer Window. We can make the playoffs this season if we get this right. If we aim for greatness"

Transfer List

Nelson Oliveira - ST - £2,000,000
Ivo Pinto - RB - £2,000,000
Marcel Franke - CB - £2,500,000
Moritz Leitner - DM - £1,250,000
Teemu Pukki - ST - £4,000,000

ALL PLAYERS OPEN TO NEGOTIATION

NEW RULE - Expiring Contracts of Your Own Players

Hi guys...I'm introducing a new rule!

In January, if you have any players that have a contract set to expire at the end of the season, then I will let you offer them a new deal! It will be a 2 year contract as standard for all players and that player will incur a 20% pay rise on their new deal. This way, you will ensure you keep hold of the players you want to rather than lose them at the end of the season for free, or on the cheap! Just message me with the players you want to give new deals to....

Oh, and you can only offer a new deal to players who's contracts will expire at the end of the current season!

Thanks

Chris

View attachment 20475

Mid-Season Update

Well it has not gone as expected. After a summer of investment which included signing players from clubs like Chelsea (David Luiz) and Real Madrid (Marcos Llorente), I really expected the club to push on and make a real challenge of breaking into the playoff places and maybe even the automatic positions. Instead, we sit in 15th​ position, 11 points away from the playoffs and are on the verge of having a negative bank balance.

Due to our poor performances this season, the club have regrettably decided to relieve Garry Monk of his position as manager. I was almost tempted to bring him straight back purely based on how well he is doing with the club in real life but then I saw some big-name managers that are currently without a job and I decided to bring in a big name to change the fortunes of the club. Therefore, the club is very happy to announce that the new manager of Birmingham City is Ernesto Valverde. To be able to bring in a man whose previous job was managing Barcelona is certainly a coup. After seeing the success of other big name managers in the league, I decided to bring in my own and I hope to see Valverde bring the same level of success to Birmingham as people such as Wenger and Pochettino are bringing to their clubs.

View attachment 20474

With the prospect of Premier League football being very unlikely, the club are looking to move players on to try and balance the books. We desperately need to sell in this window, so the transfer list will be extensive and also very negotiable.

Transfer List

CB David Luiz - £10mil
CB Matthew Pennington - £2.5mil
CB Papy Djilobodji - £2mil
CM Marcos Llorente - £10mil
CM Craig Gardner – FREE
LM/LW Jacques Maghoma - £1mil
RM/RW Jota - £6mil
RW/ST Isaac Vassell - £1.5mil
RW/ST Che Adams - £5mil
ST Lukas Jutkiewicz - £1mil

If you are interested in any of these players or anyone else that we have then get in touch and I am sure we can come up with a good deal. I am in need of some CM’s so if you have decent CM’s available then they could be very useful as part of a deal.

Last edited:
Sunderland - Oct to Dec 19 Update

SUNDERLAND OCTOBER TO DECEMBER 2019 UPDATE

View attachment 20446
Well things didn't go to well to start this period off, however we recovered and went on a bit of a run through the rest of October and November. Little bad patch towards the start of December but finished off strong. I am proud of the team getting to the quarter finals of the Carabao cup but it was just not meant to be against Tottenham.

Fingers crossed this continues as we are hanging in there and battling for a playoff spot just sitting outside in 7th once again. And I hope for a good FA cup with West Ham away coming up (ran an update myself and beat West ham and Southampton so hopefully a repeat haha).

PLAYERS AVAILABLE FOR TRANSFER
Adam Matthews - 750k
Jack Baldwin - 400k
Grant Hall - 400k
Chris Maguire - 500k
Lee Cattermole - 1m
Donald Love and Glenn Loovens - Free
Luke O'Nien - 250k

hiMt0H2j_400x400.jpg

Lennon Warming Into Role At Brentford

Manager Neil Lennon took some time to warm into his new role at Brentford, but seems to have The Bees in contention for a potential playoff spot at the halfway stage of the season!

Lennon endured a difficult start to life at the Championship club, losing 5 of his opening 7 games in the league, which included 3-0 defeats against both Cardiff and Preston! In amongst that, Brentford crashed out of the Carabao Cup at the very first round stage as well, losing to Oxford United from the division below!

The pressure was on Lennon to turn it around with club chairman TheNotSoSpecialOne already gaining a reputation for demanding results from his managers having gone through 2 bosses in his opening season at the helm! Lennon rose to the occasion though and something just seemed to 'click' as Brentford went on a run of 4 straight wins over Hull, Derby, Huddersfield and Fulham to get them back on track!

Another couple of defeats followed before The Bees strung together another impressive 5 game winning run, beating title chasing Stoke in the process. It's clear that Brentford's troubles lie up front, with the club only scoring 25 goals in 25 games this season, when plenty of teams above them have banged in 40+ already! Brentford's top goalscorer is Neal Maupay and he's only hit the back of the net 6 times this season!

With the bank balance in a negative of £5 million though, chairman TheNotSoSpecialOne has said the fans should not expect to see any new players arriving in the January window and has told Lennon he needs to get the goals we need from the current crop of players!

A number of players have been put up for transfer...

Josh McEachran - DM/MC - Free Transfer
Moses Odubajo - D/WB/M/AMR - Free Transfer
Luke Daniels - GK - Free Transfer
Kamohelo Mokotjo - DM/MC - £200k (valued at 4x this)
Emiliano Marcondes - M/AMC/ST - £1.2 million (less than half his value)
Neal Maupay - £3.5 million (valued at £5.5 million)
Sergi Canos - MR/AMRL - £600k (bargain for a player valued at nearly £2 million)
Ollie Watkins - AMRLC/ST - £3.5 million (valued at £6 million)

Gabriele Corbo - 19 year old promising centre back - Loan
Alex Centelles - 20 year old promising left back - Loan

Mid Season Update - Leeds United

View attachment 20401

After 26 games, under the management of Guus, Leeds are sitting pretty at playoff spots, and just a point behind 2nd placed Stoke. Playing in his preffered 4-2-3-1 wide formation, Guus has ensured goals are evenly distributed across the attack. Everyone in the forward line has chipped in with goals.

Having gone through a minor blip in the busy festive season, Leeds are ready make an assault on the title.

Leeds Transfer List

Jerry St. Juste
Stuart Dallas
Vurnon Anita

What are my available transfers and do I send you transfers if they are from AI clubs and C2C I ask the club manager.

What are my available transfers and do I send you transfers if they are from AI clubs and C2C I ask the club manager.

Hi mate...sorry im out all day today so can't check the game. If you download the save file and check your bank balance that's what you have to spend. Full quota of transfers available to you as per the rules on the first post of this thread.

Stoke transfer list
AT Julien Ngoy £6m
DC Lucas Mendes £6m
MC Ryan Woods £5m
AT B Afobe £4m
MC Issac Hayden £4m
DC Zimmerman £4m

MC S Clucas £1m
AM S Nasri £1m
GK A Federici £1m
DC V Forren Free
MC G Cameron Free

Last edited:
TRANSFER UPDATE

FREE

View attachment 20365
Not much to say here except Pereira, Origi and Meret!

Meret will be my first choice goalkeeper and brings in immense experience and he is a wonderful shot-stopper. I am hoping he inspires the defenders ahead of him as well.

Andreas Pereira while not my first choice is a versatile midfielder and adds a lot of depth to our squad in our bid for Premier League survival. Capable of playing deep as well as in the attacking third, the Brazilian has a penchant for brilliance and I hope he brings the Samba along.

And the star of the last season in Championship! Origi is a very good striker who was being waster at Liverpool and is our undisputed No. 1. I am hoping he dispels all doubts surrounding him and lives upto the expectations!

LOANS

View attachment 20357
The incomings don't need introductions or any explanations to do but I will be sitting with Lee and talking to him about Trotta in particular! Our top goalscorer last year and a terrific striker, he was shipped out on loan this season when I thought he will provide competition and cover to Origi! I am not very happy with the decision and I am going to let him know about it.

Further, he even sent Tonali on loan when he could have learnt so much playing along De Jong, Bentacur and Melegoni!

Bentacur will add creativity and solidity to my midfield while De Jong who is being courted by the world will add depth in quality to defence and midfield. As I said not much to be said about either of them.

CASH

View attachment 20357Callum Hudson Odoi - A coup in my opinion from Stoke who were trying to cash in as I managed to sign one of the prized assets of English Football! Capable of playing on either wing or behind the striker, Odoi possesses pace, trickery and dribbling skills to beat anyone on his day and I am very excited to see how he develops! Marin on left and Odoi on right seems drool-worthy!

Filipo Melegoni - Another Italian midfielder to join our ranks! I have been a huge Melegoni fan ever since I signed him once for my Parma save in FM 2017 and the Italian has got it all. A defensive metronome, a box to box midfielder or an attacking threat! He will be the future of our midfield along with Tonali!

Svetozar Markovic - An immense player and just 19 of age, Markovic can be our first choice for years to come! He has the physique, mental ability as well as technical ability to be a very good defender! He could be the next Vidic in my opinion and even better!

I signed 3 youngsters from Europe to bolster our U-23 and U-18's as we look to nurture talent in our academy! The only other signing by Lee that has made me happy is Jamal Lewis! I coveted him but I was prized out but somehow the manager worked his negotiation skills and got him for us!

Luke Ayling, although I wasn't happy with his signing has settled in well and is performing admirably and the rest of the signings? I just don't agree with them!

---​

MID-SEASON UPDATE

TROUBLE IN PARADISE

Its been a strange start to the season at the Midlands club and while most promoted clubs would have been happy being in the position they are, there have been talks of discord at the midland club coming from Chairman Savan Shah. It has been reported that Shah and Manager Lee Johnson have clashed numerous times especially over transfers conducted by Johnson as well as his tactics! Shah is grateful to Johnson but is also getting a bit tired of the managers' stubbornness and it has been reported that only the support of the other board members has kept Johnson in the game.

It all started it seems in a particularly bad month in November where the team lost matches they should be winning! The strikers were exhausted as despite playing a 2 striker tactic, Johnson decided to let go last seasons hero Trotta go out on loan. Shah is also not happy with how mechanical the play seems and wants the team to play fast-paced football. Johnson only survived through wins over Manchester United and Liverpool but there is a lot more to the story and a fascinating battle between an overly involved owner and a proud manager!

West Brom have been truly middling in the Premier League this season be it regards to goals scored and goals allowed, they have won some great games and lost some they shouldn't be losing but in my opinion, Shah is fascinated and being wrongfully drawn to the influence of Stardom as he watches Middlesborough and Stoke perform brilliantly under attacking managers in Championship. In this modern day romance with attacking football and big names, will Lee Johnson be the latest manager to bite the dust or will Shah come to his senses?

Let's see who comes out on top!

Lucas Goodwin
Birmingham Mail

---

Hi all. Just to let you know I am receiving all your messages but I'm away with work tonight so won't reply to anyone until tomorrow afternoom/evening. Cheers

Z

Still no luck at City Ground.

Stan Collymore has had his work cut out for him since taking over the club, finances are short, meaning business is limited and the current crop of players arent even close enough to achieve what he had planned for them.

"I am struggling to target top class players with the lack of money we have available, I had 3 deals lined up over summer but got outbid on them at the last minute and so had no time to target others. Thats why our business in summer was minimal, and now in January it will be the same. We have a few targets in mind, whether funds will allow for them to happen is a different matter. Being realistic we have to settle for staying in the league this year and hope we can strengthen in the summer."

ALL FOREST PLAYERS WILL BE SOLD FOR THE RIGHT PRICE, MESSAGE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY.

I'm also looking to strengthen in defence but on a VERY limited budget, message me if you have any good players going cheap or on loan.