Chairman Game - The Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter FM_TNSSO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 698
  • Views Views 44K
Well we are probably going down based on current form, we’re bankrupt and managerless. What could go wrong?

It looks like unless you get promoted, our clubs are going to struggle financially.

It looks like unless you get promoted, our clubs are going to struggle financially.

It's usually because nobody keeps a proper eye on their wage budget....when we are signing players and paying them £30k+ per week in the Championship, its bound to cripple the budgets

It's usually because nobody keeps a proper eye on their wage budget....when we are signing players and paying them £30k+ per week in the Championship, its bound to cripple the budgets

My finances pick up every year by keeping it cheap, probably wont get out of the division any time soon, but i'll get there eventually

My finances pick up every year by keeping it cheap, probably wont get out of the division any time soon, but i'll get there eventually

Clever budget management is the key to long term success! As an example, Blackburn will more than likely go straight back up this year, but if they don't then they'll probably finish the season with a -£25 million balance or thereabouts because they have an absolutely ridiculous wage bill for this division....its then gonna require a mass exodus of players to recover from that! It's the risk you take and this season it looks like the risk will pay off for WeArePalace!

Right guys, I'm coming up with a new rule that will be in effect from next season!

As I don't have the ability to place players on the transfer list for you, I will allow each of you to terminate the contract of up to 3 players at your club per season! There has to be a cost involved which will be half of that player's transfer value! As of the Summer window at the end of our current season, you will have 3x REL transfers to make....release players from club. The cost will come out of your club budgets!

Hope this is something that interests you all! Should help with keeping wage budgets under control and moving on players that we just can't seem to get rid of otherwise.

Right guys, I'm coming up with a new rule that will be in effect from next season!

As I don't have the ability to place players on the transfer list for you, I will allow each of you to terminate the contract of up to 3 players at your club per season! There has to be a cost involved which will be half of that player's transfer value! As of the Summer window at the end of our current season, you will have 3x REL transfers to make....release players from club. The cost will come out of your club budgets!

Hope this is something that interests you all! Should help with keeping wage budgets under control and moving on players that we just can't seem to get rid of otherwise.

I really like the idea. It should help people move those old players on who are collecting a big pay for nothing.

View attachment 19517

Turmoil at Norwich

Following an utterly horrendous opening half to the 2020/21 season, Norwich find themselves 20th position in the Championship just 3 points off the relegation places. This is partly down to the 5 straight defeats suffered in December resulting in the sacking of David Moyes.

December
View attachment 19516

League

View attachment 19515

With the club being labelled a laughing stock, more bad news was to follow. The morning after David Moyes sacking. The club's main kit sponsor 'Leo Vegas' has decided to drop the club rendering them sponsor less. Despite the financial hit, the club is more concerned that this has damaged their reputation so severely that no business will look to be involved with the club.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 19514

Oprah's New Year Message

"I would like to first of all apologize to our fans. We have failed you and want to rectify that as soon as we possibly can. As a result of us losing our sponsor, my show will now sponsor our club. At least as a temporary measure to ensure a steady cash flow. With this, we have been forced to produce a new first team kit for both home and away matches. I have decided to re brand our badge too, to show our club is moving in a fresh direction. I will also be able to confirm the appointment of our new first team coach in the very near future and hopefully we can improve this season to a point where we can be challenging this time next year"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norwich Re-Brand

New Logo

View attachment 19512

Home & Away Kits

View attachment 19511 View attachment 19510

New Manager Announced

View attachment 19509

Xavi Alonso has been announced today as the new head coach at Norwich with his past playing experience securing him the job. Oprah has stated her delight at the signing, hoping he can drive Norwich back to where they belong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer List

Timm Klose - £10k - CB
Lamine Kone - £.5m - CB
Marco Stiepermann - £2.5m - CAM
Onel Hernandez - £1m - Winger
Semi Ajayi - £800k - CB
Emi Beundia - £1m - AM/ST
Louis Thompson - £1m - CB/CDM
Tom Trybull - £1.5m - DM

All other players can be negotiated for.

Yes lads! We’ll really need promotion now though as our financial state isn’t looking good at all. Losing Vagnoman was also pretty big because we don’t have any quality LB at the club now.

Due to a busy week at work and a busy weekend I’ve been a unable to contribute this past week. Should be good to go this coming week, although they seem to be doing reasonably well without me.

Needless to say im utterly delighted with our first 6 months. Pellegri is a god! Will do a proper review at some stage but here's our list

To Sell or Trade
AT M Kean £20m > Open to swaps for other quality u21s to bring the price down.
MC I Hayden £3m
MR J Cuardrado £2m
MC S Clucas Free
AM D Adeniran Free

For Loan
MR G Cavalli
AM N Benedetti
ML N Gettermann
AT Fabio Silva
AT D De Groote

All loan players should do a job in the championship

Sunderland August to December 2020 Update

View attachment 19434
SUNDERLAND AUGUST TO DECEMBER 2020 UPDATE

View attachment 19433
We brought in a lot of players on a free but we signed some quality. Matuidi and Modric joined to hopefully help us dominate in the middle of the park where games can be won and lost. Despote their age, there still bring in plenty of quality. Sam Byram comes in as first choice RB as this was a position that was need and Christian Fuchs would challenge Lukaku. Gregg Sterling, Daniel Csoka and Christian Oliva were brought in by the new manager. He also signed young winger Liam Millar from Grimsby and David Ivan. Ross McCrorie was the big signing for us as I look to build a young defence with him joining Dobson and Rodrigues with Boyata providing the experience.

View attachment 19432
With us possibly struggle with the FFP regulation this year we had to make some sails. Max Power (C2C) and Lamine Kone (Manager) were sold for £3.5m to help cover some of the funds spent this window. Wyke and Browning had already agreed to join Bolton during last season. Other players were loaned out as they must not have been part of the plan of the manager.

View attachment 19431

View attachment 19430
We didn't really have any dominate months but would win around 50% of league matches during each month to help us keep in touch with the playoff spots in 9th place so I can't complain. Hopefully we can make a push towards the back end of the season and get the playoff spot we are looking at achieving this year.

There are rumours that Burnley could be looking into poaching our manager Mateo during January but fingers crossed we can persuade him to stick with us should this come to light.

We are still looking to do business this window and have the following players and spots available for sale:
1 x FGN
2 x U18 spots
1 x FGN Loan
1 x DOM Loan
3 x DOM
Josh McEachran - Free
Bryan Oviedo - £1.5m
Dylan McGeough - £1.0m
Lynden Gooch - £1.5m
George Honeyman - £1.0m

Blaise Matuidi and Luka Modric could be moved for the right price.

Last edited:
Selling Transfer Slots

FGN - £2.5m each/ £2m each if buying more than one
DOM - £2m each/ £1.75m each if buying more than one
U18 - £2m each/ £1.75m each if buying more than one

January Window

January Transfer Window Closed

Aston Villa - Yeti01

Manager In - Gareth Southgate (reinstated)
DOM LOAN - Kurt Zouma - Chelsea
FGN LOAN - Jordan Tournarigha - Hertha BSC
EXP - Callum Gribbin - Man Utd - £15k p/w
EXP - Scott McTominay - Man Utd - £15k p/w
EXP - Rodrigo De Paul - Udinese - £15k p/w

Birmingham - bcfc1

Manager In - Jorge Sampaoli - No compensation required
DOM LOAN - Phil Foden - Man City
FGN LOAN - Ibrahima Konate - RB Leipzig
EXP - Jonas Hector - Bayern Munich - £20k p/w
EXP - Dejan Lovren - Liverpool - £20k p/w
Contract Renewals - Christian Henkel

Blackburn - WeArePalace

No transfer business.

Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne

DOM LOAN - Kieran Trippier - Spurs
EXP - Nuno Leao - Braga - £1k p/w
EXP - Daniel Malheiro - Braga - £1k p/w
EXP - Danilo Pantic - Chelsea - £4k p/w

Bristol City - Kodjia Master

No transfer business. No messages and no posts on thread. Inactivity warning issued...will be booted at end of season if no improvement.

Leeds - IndiBlue

Manager In - Jurgen Klopp - Liverpool - £10.9 million compensation
DOM LOAN - Sandro - Everton
EXP - Jonas Hector - Bayern Munich - £30k p/w
EXP - Hakan Calhanoglu - Milan - £30k p/w
EXP - Jordon Ibe - Bournemouth - £25k p/w

Middlesbrough - RVP20

Sold U18 transfer slot to Stoke for £3 million
DOM - Neils Van Dalen - Everton - £3.2 million
DOM - Paul Biggs - Ipswich - £76k
DOM - Guido Carrillo - Southampton - £2.9 million
U18 - Ljuban Kulpinski - FK Radnicki - £320k
U18 - Bram Koevermans - AZ - £450k
FGN - Mahmoud Dahoud - Dortmund - £5.5 million
FGN - Lazar Samardzic - Hertha - £340k
C2C LOAN - N Benedetti - Stoke
C2C - Juan Cuadrado - Stoke - Free Transfer
EXP - Angel Di Maria - PSG - £10k p/w
EXP - Marek Hamsik - Real Madrid - £10k p/w
EXP - Lars Bender - Leverkusen - £10k p/w

Millwall - madmat23

Manager In - Thomas Frank (reinstated)
DOM LOAN - Yannick Toure - Newcastle

Norwich - LiamCFC88

Manager In - Xavi Alonso - No compensation required
FGN LOAN - Alejandro Pozo - Sevilla
DOM LOAN - Henry Onyekuru - Everton
EXP - Andre Videira - Vit Guimares - £5k p/w

Nottingham Forest - NathWalker

No transfer business.

Preston - Benncfc24

EXP - Nathan Redmond - Southampton - £10k p/w

QPR - dporter8999

Manager In - Andriy Shevchenko - No compensation required
EXP - Borja Mayoral - Real Madrid - £5k p/w
Contract Renewals - Joe Lumley and Marc Cardona

Sheffield Wednesday - Anderson883

No transfer business.

Stoke - stonecold

FGN transfer slot bought from Sunderland for £2.5 million
U18 transfer slot bought from Middlesbrough for £3 million
DOM - Michael Gibson - Ross County - £12k
U18 - Joseph Remy - Zulte Wargem - £1 million
FGN - Jeremy Laurent - Rennes - £700k
FGN - Eneko Jimenez - Sevilla - £5.75 million
DOM LOAN - Harry Wilson - Liverpool
EXP - Dayot Upamecano - RB Leipzig - £207k p/w
EXP - Luis Suarez - Barcelona - £207k p/w
EXP - Jordi Alba - £127k p/w
Contract Renewals - Hulk

C2C OUT - Juan Cuadrado sold to Middlesbrough for free transfer
C2C LOAN OUT - N Benedetti loaned to Middlesbrough

Swansea - mathhow

No transfer business.

Sunderland - andy_14clark

FGN transfer slot sold to Stoke for £2.5 million
U18 - Darren Baker - Fleetwood - £24k
EXP - Sergio Aguero - Man City - £25k p/w
EXP - Gustavo Gomez - Milan - £7.5k p/w
EXP - Yacine Adil - PSG - £2k p/w
Contract Renewals - Lynden Gooch and Trevor Clarke

West Brom - savan21

FGN LOAN - Marcelo Brozovic - PSG
EXP - Diego Godin - Man Utd - £50k p/w

Wigan - Dquizzy

No transfer business.

Last edited:
January February March Update

JANUARY/FEBRUARY/MARCH UPDATE!

Transfer Window Roundup

Here's a rundown of some of the business our managers took it upon themselves to do during the January window (anything significant over £2 million)...

West Brom sold Luke Ayling to Huddersfield for £4.9 million
West Brom sold Jay Rodriguez to Sion for £2.3 million
West Brom sold Assane Gnoukouri to Young Boys for £4.6 million
West Brom sold Kieran Gibbs to Chievo for £4.5 million
West Brom bought Srdjan Plavsic from Sparta Prague for £5.5 million
West Brom bought Ignacio Pussetto from Udinese for £4.2 million
Leeds sold Patrick Bamford to Huddersfield for £10.75 million
Blackburn sold Darragh Lenihan to Crystal Palace for £7.25 million
Blackburn sold Claudio Beauvue to Jeonbuk for £3.2 million
Derby bought Daniel Ayala from Middlesbrough for £2.1 million
Sunderland sold Predrag Rajkovic to Real Hispalis for £3 million
Swansea bought Sauli Vaisanen from SPAL for £2.6 million
Swansea sold Marco Varnier to RB Leipzig for £17.25 million

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

At the end of March and with only 6/7 games remaining, we have a great situation developing between our chairman clubs. Stoke, Middlesbrough and West Brom are all fighting it out for a European spot in the top 7!! Stoke hold the advantage at present, but West Brom are only 6 points behind and have a game in hand! Can't wait to see how this develops, but more excitingly, we should have at least 1 side playing in the Europa League after only 3 seasons of our chairman game!! Leeds look to be safe from the drop now as well!

View attachment 19237

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

With 6 games remaining, Blackburn have already secured automatic promotion and will win the league very easily by the looks of it! From the rest of the chairman clubs, it's Preston that are flying and have risen to 5th in the table, although Sunderland, Brentford and Aston Villa are all within touching distance of the playoffs! Wigan are all but relegated and we'll have another chairman club in League One next season. Millwall, Norwich or Derby could all still join them whilst the rest of our chairman clubs should be safe for this season!

View attachment 19236

FA CUP

Hang on just a minute...Stoke could actually win this thing this year as they find themselves in the semi final with a draw against Man Utd to come! Sunderland also made the quarter finals and put up a brave effort against Man City!

View attachment 19235

I AM SIMMING TO THE END OF THE SEASON NOW AND YOU'LL HAVE YOUR END OF SEASON UPDATE TONIGHT LADS!!

Back