Chairman Game - The Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter FM_TNSSO
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 698
  • Views Views 44K
End of Season 3 Update

END OF SEASON 3 UPDATE

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Stoke held off the challenge of West Brom and Middlesbrough to finish in the European qualification spots, so congratulations to them! A massive achievement for them on their first season back in the Prem. Not to rub salt in the wounds West Brom, but if you'd have won on the last day of the season, you'd have pipped them for 7th! All in all though, it's a fantastic effort from all 4 of our chairman clubs with nobody coming anywhere near the bottom 3!

View attachment 19230

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

As expected, Blackburn storm their way to the title and will be playing Premier League football again next season! It's fair to say the non chairman clubs outplayed us in the Championship this season lads as Crystal Palace, Reading and Fulham all make the playoffs, so I'm sure we would all be cheering on Preston who will go up against them! Sunderland, Brentford, Swansea and Aston Villa all fell short! Millwall had a good run at the end of the season to lift themselves out of the relegation spots, meaning it is only Wigan who will be playing in League One next year after finishing adrift at the bottom!

View attachment 19229

Preston overcame Reading in the playoff semi final! Despite losing at home, a 2-0 away win in the first leg was enough to see them into the final where they would play Crystal Palace!

View attachment 19228

But unfortunately for Preston, they'll be spending another season in the Championship after being beaten by Palace at Wembley!

View attachment 19227

Absolutely no surprise to see the Blackburn players dominating the statistics all over! Big money was spent by them last Summer and huge wages, but the players have delivered!

View attachment 19226

Blackburn players absolutely dominate the team of the year as well! Preston are the only other chairman club that managed to sneak a couple of players in there!

View attachment 19225

FA CUP

Manchester United proved too much for Stoke in the semi final and went on to beat City on penalties in a Manchester derby final!

View attachment 19224

MANAGER MOVEMENTS

Sunderland - Luis Vicente Mateo - Left club to join Burnley - Replaced with Javi Gracia
Bristol City - Karl Robinson - Sacked - Replaced with Marcelo Bielsa
Wigan - Neil Harris - Sacked - Replaced with Joe Edwards
Sheffield Wednesday - Dean Smith - Sacked - Replaced with Dean Keates

Chairmen with sacked manager, please let me know what you'd like me to do...

1) I can either reinstate your manager again for free (even if this manager has gone to another club, you will have 1st choice to keep him, even if he has gone to another chairman club)
2) You can replace them with someone else (you'll only have to pay compensation to your new manager's club if they have one, unless it's a chairman club in which case you can have them back for free).
3) Keep the manager who has taken over your club on the game for which there will be no fee as the game will have already worked out and taken any compensation from your balance (unless it's another chairman's manager and they want them back, in which case you'll have to revert to option 1 or 2 above).

If your manager was not sacked and left the club, then you cannot re-appoint him for free! You can either stick with the manager who has taken over, or you can appoint a new one of your own but if they have a club then you'll have to pay compensation!

If your manager retired, then you'll need to appoint a new one. If you take a manager from another club, you will have to pay compensation.

Game Save File Download; Chairman Save - 10th June

This download will take you up to 10th June and the transfer window is officially open! This is the file you can use for looking at your squad's season stats for your end of season posts! However, I am going to set all your manager's transfer budgets to £0 so hopefully they don't spend any of your money and then sim the game to 1st July....then I will add your EXP deals from the January window and post up a new save file to download with your budgets for the transfer window! Hopefully by this time you will have received any prize or parachute money which should then be available for you to spend!

END OF SEASON 3 UPDATE

ENGLISH PREMIER DIVISION

Stoke held off the challenge of West Brom and Middlesbrough to finish in the European qualification spots, so congratulations to them! A massive achievement for them on their first season back in the Prem. Not to rub salt in the wounds West Brom, but if you'd have won on the last day of the season, you'd have pipped them for 7th!

Last Day eh? Stoke have been a ****** headache for me with them pipping me to my signings as well as Europe!

AHH!! absolutely gutted!! What a season however! Never thought we lose in the play off final!!

And to think I tried to change manager at start of the season! Slice of luck someone else went for same manager as me!

Think I'll be getting the same guy from inter on loan! What a season he had!! Will do end of season post soon!

I don’t think Stonecold realises how cheap her can get some players as he completely smashes us on bids haha.

Tranfer Window Open

TRANSFER WINDOW OPEN

The game has now been simmed to 1st July and your EXP deals from January have now been added to your squads!

As we have missed 3 weeks of the transfer window already, I will allow you to take preference on loan deals. So if a player has already joined another club on loan in this window, you can take them off them instead! This does not include players who may have already moved to other chairman clubs...you have to leave them alone and play nice!

Here's your budgets guys...

Aston Villa - Yeti01 - £52.4 million
Birmingham - bcfc1 - (-£3.1 million)
Blackburn - WeArePalace - £33.3 million
Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne - £2.4 million
Bristol City - Kodjia Master - £8.7 million
Leeds - IndiBlue - £58.2 million
Middlesbrough - RVP20 - £23.2 million
Millwall - madmat23 - £9 million
Norwich - LiamCFC88 - £3.8 million
Nottingham Forest - NathWalker - £6.5 million
Preston - Benncfc24 - £1.2 million
QPR - dporter8999 - £10.1 million
Sheffield Wednesday - Anderson883 - £9.4 million
Stoke - stonecold - £21.2 million
Sunderland - andy_14clark - £19.5 million
Swansea - mathhow - £6.5 million
West Brom - savan21 - £71 million
Wigan - Dquizzy - £3.1 million

Transfer window open until next Monday at 12:00 midday (sorry it's gonna be a little while before you get another update but I'm off to Iceland tomorrow with the Mrs for 5 days)! Feel free to post your end of season press releases/news articles guys and send me your transfer business. Remember, every chairman is limited to the following transfers throughout a whole season...

C2C - Unlimited
DOM x3
FGN x2
U18 x3
FREE x2 (Summer window...you may offer for 2 more players who's contracts have expired and have not yet found another club. Send me salary offers as per EXP deals)
EXP x3 (January window)

The new rule is now in place for the REL transfers. If you wish to release players then it will cost you half of that players transfer value to get rid of them. Each of you has 3x REL transfers and please send them to me as follows....

REL - Sergio Aguero - Man City - No Club - £12 million

Game Save File; Chairman Save - 1st July

The game has now been simmed to 1st July and your EXP deals from January have now been added to your squads!

Apparently, West Brom are in Europe! Working on an End of season post soon! In the meantime, looking for strikers and midfielders if anyone want to sale or loan.

Apparently, West Brom are in Europe! Working on an End of season post soon! In the meantime, looking for strikers and midfielders if anyone want to sale or loan.

Was it through the fair play thing?? Or because of cup winners?? Either way, that's quality that we have 2 teams in European competition after only 3 seasons!!

Was it through the fair play thing?? Or because of cup winners?? Either way, that's quality that we have 2 teams in European competition after only 3 seasons!!

Don't know how! Also Arsenal aren't in any Continental Competition! Which is strange as they were 5th

View attachment 19196

Norwich End of Season Update

Xabi Alonso on Fire

Following a dark period in the opening 6 months of the season. I genuinely thought we may go down, particularly after a December with no points collected. That obviously led to the resurrection of the club including manager and re branding of the club. After a rough start losing 3 from 6, Alonso was able to guide the club back into mid-table and a whole 16 points clear of the relegation zone whilst bringing back an air of optimism to the club.

Next Season

With this new found hope, I would like to see the club competing at the other end of the table despite our mediocre budget in comparison to other clubs. That said, we cannot afford to increase our wage budget. Not as a club trying to do things in the interest of the clubs future. Anyway these are our targets for next season;

- Compete withing the top 10 of the championship

- Get to a quarter final of any domestic cup

Transfer List

Please note that players not included on this list are still available at a price of which I am willing to negotiate.

I am willing to negotiate on most players listed.

Dominik Prokop - 24 - CAM - £9m
Ryan Christie - 26 - CAM - £6m
Nelson Oliviera - 29 - ST - 3m
Mateus Vidal - 23 - CAM - £10m
Lamine Kone - 32 - CB - £1.75m
Ben Marshall - 3 - RM - £2.5m
Onel Hernandez - 28 - RM - £3m

Hi guys,

Just to let you know....I am still picking up your messages but won't be replying over the next few days as I'm off to Iceland with the Mrs tomorrow (hence why I got your whole second half of season update done today for you).

Transfer window will remain open until midday on Monday! I am back Sunday night and will try to get your update done by Monday evening!

Cheers

Chris

I don’t think Stonecold realises how cheap her can get some players as he completely smashes us on bids haha.

I totally **** the bed on that ones! I justified it to myself at least with Suarez still being a top 5 forward in the game i got him on about 100k cheeper that a similar quality signing that would cost and additional £50m+. As for the defender he's the only quality u30 year old CB thats appeared on the market so he was a must get at all cost

Don't know how! Also Arsenal aren't in any Continental Competition! Which is strange as they were 5th

Ironic for me to say this but maybe its financial fair play?

QPR SURVIVE

The club’s board are said to be ecstatic that they have managed to stay up after a season in which they lost their manager halfway through the season, replacing him with former Ukraine player & manager, Andriy Shevchenko. With a new manager however comes different expectations, as the jointly the manager and board look to make steady progress this season. The aim is to keep most of the squad together, whilst raising funds to boost the clubs coffers. To do this, the club would like to offer out the following transfer options to clubs who wish to make a splash with more domestic or foreign imports:

2 x DOM Transfers - £4m each

1 x FGN Transfer - £5m

2 x Free Transfers – £2m each

As always, players are available for sale or loan deals.

Birmingham End of Season Review

Another mediocre season ends with us right in the middle in 12th​ place. The season was meant to start with Ernesto Valverde in charge but he jumped ship before the season even started and the board decided to bring in Nathan Jones. After half a season with him at the helm it was clear he was not going to get us close to promotion so I decided to change manager and bring in Jorge Sampaoli. He definitely changed things and if it wasn’t for a poor run of draws towards the end then we may have challenged for a playoff position.

Transfers

With a few of the youngsters developing and a couple new free transfers there are a few players on the transfer list this year. The club are also 3mil in debt so I desperate to move some of these on. Any reasonable bid will probably be accepted.

RB Lewis Coyle - £500k
RB Dani Fernandez - £500k
CB Matthew Pennington - £1mil
DM/CM David Davis - £500k
DM/CM Carel Eiting - £10mil
DM/CM Kouassi Eboue - £2.5mil
DM/CM Marcos Llorente - £5mil
CM Edu Badia – FREE
AM Todd Cantwell - £1mil
RW Jota - £5mil
ST Lukas Jutkiewicz - £250k
ST Joshua Zirkzee - £10mil

All other players are available for the right price but it will need to be a significant bid.

As I have said before, the club are in 3mil of debt and therefore don’t have much for our transfer slots at the moment. If you are interested in any of them then get in touch as well.

View attachment 19180

***** ASTON VILLA PRESS RELEASE ******

Aston Villa to undergo key off field improvements as they move to phase 2 of re-build.

Aston Villa Chairman and owner, Divine Starlight Bliss, today welcomed the press to Villa Park as he announced a host of infrastructure upgrades designed to help solidify Villa's long term future. "Last year was a tough year for all involved. We implemented an ambitious squad refreshment strategy and whilst we were hopeful of a return to the Premier League, ultimately we fell just short. That said, we are comfortable now that we have found the man in Gareth to drive this club forward into what we hope is a prosperous future."

Continuing Bliss said, "We managed to successfully reduce our cost base over the past 12 months by jettisoning some of the higher earners and replacing them with younger talent. This will continue to be the modus operandi for the gaffer moving forward. The pleasing thing though is that this has meant that our financial position continues to strengthen. With one eye on the future then, I am here today to announce a number of infrastructure upgrades that signifies Villa moving to phase 2 of our rebuild strategy that we commenced last season. To begin, we will be expanding our stadium by 5,000 seats in an effort to put ourselves in the best position to capitalise when we return to the Premier League. Also, we are advising that upgrades will be completed on our youth and training facilities and finally, investment is being made into our junior coaching and youth recruitment capabilities."

"We want to ensure that we continue on this sustainable path we have set out for ourselves."

Moving to playing roster decisions the club wishes to announce that the following players are transfer listed;

Scott Hogan - FREE
Majid Waris - FREE
Ricardo Kishna - FREE

End Of Season Press Release

End Of Season

View attachment 19095
"It was a brilliant first season under new chairman Ben Edwards, Preston exceeded all expectations by reaching the Play-Off final. Despite the ultimately disappointing defeat it was a season they can be proud of. Things are looking bright for this club".

WOW! Didn't expect that season from us. delighted with the performances all over. need to back that up next season with another solid season.
I am hoping to reach the play offs once more but maybe this time just go a step further and get promoted.

What a season for our young striker from Inter Milan, fingers crossed he wants to join us again.

With a limited budget, its important we keep the club in a strong financial position, therefore a quiet summer is in order at Deepdale for us. ALL players are available at the right price, will put a official transfer list on soon.

Bring on next season!

Wow i went through 3 managers in a season and still finish low down, antoher season of survival though..

Update to come

Sunderland End of 2020/21 Season Review

SUNDERLAND END OF SEASON REVIEW

View attachment 19007

Well once again we were there or there abouts and once again we fall short, finishing 7th this season. Come the end of February we were looking good and strong to challenge for the playoff spots. However, we plummeted from March to April winning just 1 of 9 league games. I am proud of the lads but we hope that we can achieve promotion or playoffs next season.

During the season, Burnley poached Mateo from us while we brought in Javi Gracia. I also noticed that we have sold our young left winger Eddy Salcedo who was brilliant for us for £9.25m to Wolves so a replacement will be needed.

All players can be dealt so if you are interested in any of my players let me know.

We also have a FGN and U18 spot available if anyone is interested as these are not being used.

Stoke Season 3
What an amazing year

League
View attachment 18977
7th and the Europa League is miles beyond what i could have ever expected before the season started! Man Utd winning the league, West Brom joining us in Europe, Middlesboro staying up & Leeds being miles clear or relegation makes for an amazing season.

Cup
View attachment 18976
It was an amazing run that could go a step further next year with superstars coming in on a free.

Players
View attachment 18974
What a miss Arthur is going to be! I struggle to see how we'll keep Pellegri now capped for Italy. I'm looking to see Moise Kean take over from loan star Harry Wilson! Argenines Montiel, Palacios & Gomez were all superstars, Butland had his best season so far back in the top flight. Was he busier or better who knows?

Season 4
View attachment 18973View attachment 18972View attachment 18971
I'd be amazed if adding 3 world class players does not lead to an even better season next time out!

To Sell or Trade "" update Fri 8pm ""
DC H Souttar Free
MC S Clucas Free
AM/MR Pedrinho £3m
AM Lee Jae Sung £13m

For Loan
MR G Cavalli
ML N Gettermann
AT D De Groote
AT E Jimenez

^
All these guys should be good enough to start in the championship every week!

Last edited:

Middlesbrough Transfer list
R Oxford £3m
N Wood £3m
G Saville £3m
J Howson £2m
M Dembele £5m
M Cuisance £5m

Nottm Forest Update

The last season was an improvement, our point total is creeping up and we've managed to find a style of play that seems to suit the players we have. The next year should hopefully show further improvement, we have got a quality manager in Ole and some good players that are starting to develop and reach their potential. With some quality investments this summer we could challenge for a play off place, if we play to the best of our ability for the whole season. We finally have some money to play with even if that was because of the sale of key player Oliver, ideally I would have wanted more money for him but funds were needed and hopefully we can get 3 or 4 players this window to improve the squad further.

As always players are for sale at the correct price, feel free to message.

Back