Chairman Game - The Championship

803963-2.jpg

Transfer Window Closed!

With most of us having bank balances in the red, transfer business was few and far between this window, but here's what did happen...

Callum Hudson-Odoi moves on loan from Stoke to QPR in a C2C transfer.
Stoke cancelled the loan of Ashley Williams from Everton.

Next January we are going to introduce the EXP contracts to liven up this window after everyone's spent all their money in the Summer! That will allow you to bid on 3 players who's contracts are due to expire at the end of that season....you're bid will be in the form of the salary you wish to offer them and the person who bids the highest will get the player...I'll go into more detail next season if anyone needs me to explain further!

Manager Movements

Swansea appoint new manager Joe Edwards from Chelsea (U23s).
Norwich re-appointed Ricky Sbragia as manager.
Brentford stick with new manager Marcelo Bielsa.
QPR stick with new manager Francesco Guidolin.
West Brom stick with new manager Lee Johnson.
Leeds stick with new manager Guus Hiddink.

Inactivity Warnings

I'm afraid I have to issue an inactivity warning to the following players...

Meijieiro99 - Bristol City
Tobey Mason - Sheffield United
HugoCaldeira1234 - Middlesbrough

These players have made no posts, no transfers and had no correspondence with me (or any other player to my knowledge) through private messages! If this continues until the end of the season post then they will all be booted from the game I'm afraid!

For the rest of you, it's been a fantastic effort so far and I hope you're all enjoying the game!! If there is anything you want me to try to include or do better with my update posts then please let me know...your feedback is welcome!

How far is the sim going tonight, just up to Feb?

Could be a very interesting two months for quite a few of us!

How far is the sim going tonight, just up to Feb?

Could be a very interesting two months for quite a few of us!

Yea mate just up to end of February tonight (simming as we speak)....then the rest tomorrow night! Transfer window will then run up until some point in the weekend!

Jan Feb 2019 Update

championship-logo.jpg

January/February 2019 Update

The first piece of action for all of us was the FA Cup 3rd round. The teams that made it through were Blackburn (beating Eastleigh), Birmingham (beating Wigan), Swansea (beating Reading), Bristol City (beating Bury), Sheffield United (beating Sunderland), Norwich (beating MK Dons), Middlesbrough (beating Walsall), Derby (beating Coventry) and Nottingham Forest (beating Millwall)! Scunthorpe held West Brom to a draw and they'll play a replay!

Here's the 4th round draw guys, which throws up a couple of chairman vs chairman ties!

View attachment 21328

So the January transfer window came to a close and some of our managers have been busy. Here's a snippet of the main deals (over £1 million) our lovely managers decided to do by themselves this window (a few C2C transfers here too)...

Chris Mepham - Brentford to Newcastle - £11 million
Benik Afobe - Wolves toStoke - £11 million
Viktor Fischer - Brentford to Valencia - £9.75 million
George Saville - Millwall to Middlesbrough - £7 million
Ben Brereton - Nottingham Forest to Blackburn - £7 million
Ryan Woods - Brentford to Stoke - £6 million
Tom Ince - Stoke to Jeonbuk - £4.5 million
James McClean - Stoke to Jeonbuk - £3.3 million
Leroy Fer - Swansea to Lille - £2.8 million
Giovanni Di Lorenzo - Empoli to West Brom - £2.4 million
Oliver Norwood - Brighton to Sheffield United - £2 million
Phillip Wolscheid - Stoke to Strasbourg - £1.9 million
Marcello Trotta - Sassuolo to West Brom - £1.4 million
Alexander Tettey - Norwich to FC Metz - £1.2 million
Dennis Srbeny - Norwich to Bristol City - £1.1 million
Markus Suttner - Brighton to Derby - £1 million

View attachment 21326

By the end of January, Aston Villa's 8 point lead at the top had been cut down to just 3 points! The table was starting to spread out a bit by this point and it now looks like the playoff spots are already starting to take shape! I fear for QPR at this point, the only chairman club in the relegation spots and currently 11 points from safety! Swansea are the ones to make a huge jump from 22nd up to 17th although are still far from safe!

View attachment 21325

The 4th and 5th round of the FA Cup passed through January and February and now at the quarter final stage, no chairman teams remain in the competition!

View attachment 21324

Back to the league and we have 11 games remaining and it's still long time leaders Aston Villa at the top, but only by 3 points to Sheffield United, although Stoke haven't given up on the title just yet! Chairman teams hold the spots from 5th right down to 15th, so it's going to be interesting who actually bags a spot in the playoffs! Virtually all the chairman sides have all but avoided the drop this season other than QPR who at this stage look destined to go down!

View attachment 21323

Norwich and Blackburn are both on pretty impressive unbeaten streaks...

View attachment 21322

Birmingham's Divock Origi has forged ahead of Tammy Abraham in the goalscoring table, as the loanee looks to push on and win the golden boot!

View attachment 21321

Tomorrow night, I will sim up to the end of the season and post the update!

Bonus Update

championship-logo.jpg

Bonus Update; March 2019

I started the sim into the back end of the season without posting up the save file to download...so you've got another month out of me tonight...you lucky bastards!

At the end of March, we only have 7 games remaing in the league and Aston Villa have finally been toppled at the top and it's now Sheffield United that lead the way! However, only 7 points separate 1st to 7th, so there's still everything to play for and it's become incredibly close considering 3 months ago Villa had an 8 point lead at the top!! QPR require a miracle to stay up, whilst all the other chairman sides are virtually guaranteed safety! The team to note is Swansea who incredibly were 22nd in the table on 1st January and could now make the playoffs!!!

View attachment 21315

Save file to download; Chairman Save

**** we were doing really well. Poor March and now we're out of the play-offs.

Going down with style I see, so glad you've got the league below set up!

End of Season

championship-logo.jpg

I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF.....IT SEEMED POINTLESS MAKING YOU ALL WAIT 24 HOURS FOR THE SAKE OF 2 MONTHS GAMEPLAY SO HERE IS YOUR END OF SEASON UPDATE!!

With only one game remaining in the league, Aston Villa already have the title wrapped up, but the automatic promotion place is still up for grabs between 3 chairman teams! Incredibly, Swansea could now make the playoffs if they win their final game and Bristol City or Blackburn slip up!

View attachment 21310

The final day fixtures... Stoke and Swansea drew with each other and both miss out on automatic promotion and the playoffs respectively! Brentford also held Sheffield United, so a win for West Brom over Hull means they jump from 4th to 2nd on the final day and clinch automatic promotion!!

View attachment 21309

The final table confirms the above, as well as the playoff and relegation spots!

View attachment 21308

Playoff Semi Finals...

View attachment 21307

View attachment 21306

Playoff Final...

View attachment 21305

So it's Aston Villa, West Brom and Blackburn that will be playing Premier League football next season, whilst QPR will be playing in League One!

Birmingham's Divock Origi finished up as the golden boot winner! Considering QPR were relegated, Tomer Hemed did well to bag 17 goals of his own for them! Blackburn's Elliott Bennett topped the assists chart!

View attachment 21304

Blackburn's Tony Mowbray wins manager of the year, Aston Villa's Conor Hourihane wins player of the year, whilst Aston Villa's Tammy Abraham takes the young player of the year!

View attachment 21303

View attachment 21302

View attachment 21301

Every single player in the team of the year was from a chairman club!

View attachment 21300

I've simmed the game to 9th June which means the SUMMER TRANSFER WINDOW IS NOW OPEN!!! Here's your bank balances lads...

It seems that going up to the Prem and staying up will be difficult as cash is an issue. However, I think this will make the challenge of staying up a tough one and we have to bare in mind that those teams will pick up significant money over the next year and by January should have a pretty hefty budget to spend in the mid season window! Unless anyone feels that we should give a newly promoted club an increased transfer budget for the first window in the Prem in anticipation that the money will come back in? Let me know what you all think on this!

Aston Villa - Yeti01 - £2 million
Birmingham - bcfc1 - £7.7 million
Blackburn - WeArePalace - £6.8 million
Brentford - TheNotSoSpecialOne - £10 million
Bristol City - Meijueiro99 - £11.7 million
Derby - fmdan18 - £7.3 million
Leeds - IndiBlue - £16.1 million
Middlesbrough - HugoCaldeira1234 - £21.9 million
Norwich - LiamCFC88 - £3.9 million
Nottingham Forest - NathWalker - £5 million
QPR - dporter8999 - £11.5 million
Sheffield United - Tobey Mason - £14.3 million
Stoke - stonecold - £4.8 million
Swansea - mathhow - (£3.3 million)
West Brom - savan21 - £26.9 million
Wigan - Dquizzy - £2.3 million

The advantage of me simming up until the 1st day of the window is that your managers shouldn't have spent any of your money yet, but also we have a **** load of players who's contracts expire in less than a month....so I will allow you to do EXP transfers on these! For any player who's contract runs out within 1 month of the current game date, you may offer them a deal - just message me with the salary you want to offer them....highest salary offered wins that player! Each player has a maximum of 3x EXP deals!! Oh, and even if they have agreed a transfer with another club I'll cancel it and you can have them!!

The transfer window will stay open all week until Saturday now guys! This gives you loads of time to do your end of season posts, gives me chance to have a rest and then plenty of time to do your business for the new season ahead! I will shut the transfer window at 6pm on Saturday night!

Also, here's the manager movements...

Chris Wilder (Sheffield United) - Left club for Newcastle so can't reinstate, Replaced with Carlos Carvalhal
Aitor Karanka (Nottingham Forest) - Sacked, Replaced with Paul Hurst
Tony Pulis (Middlesbrough) - Sacked, Replaced with David Moyes

Chairmen with sacked manager, please let me know what you'd like me to do...

1) I can either reinstate your manager again for free (even if this manager has gone to another club, you will have 1st choice to keep him, even if he has gone to another chairman club)
2) You can replace them with someone else (you'll only have to pay compensation to your new manager's club if they have one, unless it's a chairman club in which case you can have them back for free).
3) Keep the manager who has taken over your club on the game for which there will be no fee as the game will have already worked out and taken any compensation from your balance (unless it's another chairman's manager and they want them back, in which case you'll have to revert to option 1 or 2 above).

Save file to download; http://www.mediafire.com/file/rkcprawb0pz0qit/Chairman_Save.fm/file

Last edited:
I'll tell you what, didn't finish as far behind as I thought we would, and now have the chance to start fresh with some new signings. Also loving the budget considering we've been relegated.

I'll tell you what, didn't finish as far behind as I thought we would, and now have the chance to start fresh with some new signings. Also loving the budget considering we've been relegated.

You definitely rallied right at the end, just too little too late unfortunately! But yea, £11.5 million for a League One side is ******* massive!! Although you might not want to spend all of it as lower attendances and lower sponsorship money etc might mean you lose a lot more on a month to month basis next year....however, you're the chairman and I'm sure you'll do best by your club...or run it into the ground!!! After all, that's whats so great about being a chairman!!

Nice - got back in the black and got promoted. Now to get creative so we can stay up!!

Yessss. I totally didn't expect this when the season started. Premier League will be really tough especially considering our budget, but we overachieved so if we do get relegated it won't be too bad.

**** of an achievement. You’ve were 250/1 at the start of the seasons.

Just my two cents regarding the suggestion for the increased budget for promoted clubs - I am happy for mine to stay as is. Presumably, after the TV money starts coming in through the first half of the season, we will have significantly higher budgets for the January window. Happy to go with the consensus though.

Just my two cents regarding the suggestion for the increased budget for promoted clubs - I am happy for mine to stay as is. Presumably, after the TV money starts coming in through the first half of the season, we will have significantly higher budgets for the January window. Happy to go with the consensus though.

I'm with you mate

The budget is fine, although I really did want to sign Ridle Baku, but he’s still too expensive. Hopefully I’ll have enough later.

Not sure if you're still taking people, if so, can I grab Sheffield Wed come next season?

Not sure if you're still taking people, if so, can I grab Sheffield Wed come next season?

You're more than welcome to join mate but Sheffield Wednesday have already been taken by another new player who has messaged me. You also have a pick of Bristol City, Sheffield Utd and Middlesbrough as I'm booting these players for inactivity!

Okay with the budget as well! But it is upon the consensus in the end!

You're more than welcome to join mate but Sheffield Wednesday have already been taken by another new player who has messaged me. You also have a pick of Bristol City, Sheffield Utd and Middlesbrough as I'm booting these players for inactivity!

Thanks ill let ya know, wanna make sure I got time before I commit